Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I only played on xbone, but I didn't notice any difference in matchmaking between black ops 2 and AW. As usual they made the overall lobby experience more of a mess, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had a lot of fun playing it with my Gaming Crew but partying up seemed to break half the time for no discernible reason. They probably fixed it but who cares, Black Ops 3 is coming out and nobody is playing AW anymore anyway.

Anyway I wish some other, more popular FPS would steal the CoD gamemodes like Search and Destroy and CTF. They're really fun but nobody ever plays them.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

i tossed up and chose to buy mad max over mgs5
now what gip

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Two Finger posted:

now what gip

im sorry

mgsv is the best game ever

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

the real reason i did that is because i haven't finished mgs 3 4 or peace walker yet

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

I had a lot of fun playing it with my Gaming Crew but partying up seemed to break half the time for no discernible reason. They probably fixed it but who cares, Black Ops 3 is coming out and nobody is playing AW anymore anyway.

Anyway I wish some other, more popular FPS would steal the CoD gamemodes like Search and Destroy and CTF. They're really fun but nobody ever plays them.

Sticks and stones the the best game mode.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Sticks and stones the the best game mode.

:respek: Fuckin' a! It gets tense near the end when 4/6 players go gently caress THE WORLD mode and just start flinging 'hawks to try to bankrupt everyone and bring them onto their level.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Two Finger posted:

now what gip

its understandable as mad max is your cultural birthright

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I thought I read here the mad max game had nothing to do with the movies? It draws on a lot of the same backstory. Uses the world famous arkham combat system and the car combat is fairly average. That said I'm only a couple hours in so I am going to give it a good chance

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Arrath posted:

:respek: Fuckin' a! It gets tense near the end when 4/6 players go gently caress THE WORLD mode and just start flinging 'hawks to try to bankrupt everyone and bring them onto their level.
If you're not throwing tomahawks right from the get-go, then you're doing it wrong.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Two Finger posted:

I thought I read here the mad max game had nothing to do with the movies? It draws on a lot of the same backstory. Uses the world famous arkham combat system and the car combat is fairly average. That said I'm only a couple hours in so I am going to give it a good chance

I think they were saying it's not tied to the movie like most movie-games are.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

ah that makes sense then
the first bad guy you encounter is billed as immortan's son and erectus' brother so i guess they're doing the knights of the old republic sort of thing, same universe but self contained

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
mad max actually looks really cool but it picked a bad day to come out

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

mad max actually looks really cool but it picked a bad day to come out

the game opens with you chopping into a dude's head with a chainsaw

gotly
Oct 28, 2007
Economy-Sized

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

witcher 3 is goty of my heart

but depth is my gotly

I'm your nothing you mother fucker.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Did someone say GOTY?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MpkR2L4Vc4

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

on second thoughts the mad max game is pretty cool

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Mad max is cool. Mgs v dogge is destroying my free time though

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

They picked a hell of a week to release Mad Max, bet MGS has destroyed their sales numbers.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

lmao

Apathetic Medic
Apr 22, 2010

Fun Shoe
Cheap games?

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/mad-max-pc

Cheap games!

Mad max for 20 dollars, got the key in about 10 seconds. Totally worth it while it lasts!

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

There is a new Mario Maker game coming out for the Wii U that looks pretty cool. Anything else out or coming out that's must play? I haven't had solid internet for the last 90 days so I am a little behind on what the cool kids are playing. Also, I don't like Metal Gear.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Also, I don't like Metal Gear.

gently caress you get out

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

There is a new Mario Maker game coming out for the Wii U that looks pretty cool. Anything else out or coming out that's must play? I haven't had solid internet for the last 90 days so I am a little behind on what the cool kids are playing. Also, I don't like Metal Gear.

Sorry, Gunny, entered a fugue state there and don't know what happened.

MGSV is probably the best game to come out this year. If you like action and any sort of stealth element you owe it to yourself to check it out.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I'll take one too please because I similarly don't care for that poo poo, just ask Deathy

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Zeris posted:

I'll take one too please because I similarly don't care for that poo poo, just ask Deathy

It's okay, we're used to bad opinions from you :)

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It's okay, we're used to bad opinions from you :)

My only mistake was ever considering you might understand my genius

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If you don't like MGS suck my dick from the back

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

i enjoyed metal gear ac!d

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ded posted:

i enjoyed metal gear ac!d

Okay

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Zeris posted:

Sorry you don't like an open world Rambo/Goofy Bond mash up action game.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Zeris posted:

He says things like "oh I don't like metal gear" and "hitler did nothing wrong" and I just try to ignore him.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Zeris posted:

Phew ok I'm not alone. Didn't want to say anything. I played the very first one and that was cool and revolutionary I guess. But I just don't have the patience for stealth poo poo

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
You guys MGS V is a serious departure from the series. The crazy long cutscenes and forced conversations are severely cut back. It's pure shooting dudes mayhem. Honesty, the game plays like a far more refined and open-ended version of Mercenaries.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Seriously it doesn't matter if you hated the rest of the series. By itself it's just loving fantastic in gameplay. It has all the craziness of past metal gears for dudes that are gay for big boss like me, and the gameplay is just fun. It is a god drat good rear end game. Don't like stealth? You don't have to be stealthy, go loving John Rambo on their asses.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Oh ok I figured you could go stealth or all out unlike the old ones were you had to go stealth more or less.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Oh ok I figured you could go stealth or all out unlike the old ones were you had to go stealth more or less.

Yea you can approach it however you want. Although early game is a touch easier via stealth because of weapons availability. Options become much more plentiful a few hours in.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Honestly, I have no clue about the mgs v dogge story outside of the scant few tapes I listened to or the forced cut scenes. The gameplay is so loving fun, though.

• Locked thread