Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FOB might actually be kinda annoying, I can't finish a mission without someone trying to invade me. its still fun though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Something helpful I just learned: If you hit dpad up and or down on the map screen you can call the helicopter and order quiet around without having to switch to the mission screen menus and tabs.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sharkopath posted:

Something helpful I just learned: If you hit dpad up and or down on the map screen you can call the helicopter and order quiet around without having to switch to the mission screen menus and tabs.

:staredog:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Sharkopath posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Heck yeah a hot and sexy cutscene with Quiet because I maxed bond level I guess.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Larry Parrish posted:

Heck yeah a hot and sexy cutscene with Quiet because I maxed bond level I guess.

Also to let u guys know u can customise the horse (colours and marking) at Max bond probably the others as well. Can't wait to customise the guns :)

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I love how if you look at quiet with the binoculars she gives a little thumbs up.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Proud Rat Mom posted:

Also to let u guys know u can customise the horse (colours and marking) at Max bond probably the others as well. Can't wait to customise the guns :)

the game that keeps on giving. dear lord

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
this labor day weekend shall be a weekend of laboring over mgsv

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Proud Rat Mom posted:

how do i bond with my horse sir?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I don't know if the master gunsmith can be stolen by other players but he's locked in just in case.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I wont say whether or not it was successful shooting the fire man with the water pistol, but I'll tell ya that the ridiculousness of the act made me laugh as soon as I started doing it

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
Some of the destroy enemy armor side ops in afgan are awesome with the troop composition and patrols

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I love how if you look at quiet with the binoculars she gives a little thumbs up.

She gives you a filthy look sometimes in the chopper if you stare at her.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Darkman Fanpage posted:

how do i bond with my horse sir?

It's up to you I won't judge.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

the servers are working now and FOB invasions are insanely good

yes.... YES

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

She gives you a filthy look sometimes in the chopper if you stare at her.

Haha Ive gotten a smile, but only once, and it's made every subsequent frown that much worse

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Quiet is insanely good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I’m going to spend the next 55 or so hours playing Metal Gear until my rear end bleeds.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh my god the next cutscene I got when I went to Mother Base was Quiet getting the poo poo tortured out of her like in the trailers. Tender hug in the rain followed by staring from the shadows while they electrocute her. Lol.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

There's a locked door on the combat platform. Neat.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Had to resign into my service provider. Can't wait for FOB stuff now!!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I like to pretend the soldiers you don't see on mother base are all just manning the cranes that move around but never pick anything up

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

what is everyone using for helicopter music

Rebel Yell. I used Ride of the Valkyries for a while for obvious reasons but that got old and Billy Idol never will.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Take On Me

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I only had time to play the prologue last night and now I'm at work and won't be able to play until Saturday probably... which is actually a good thing because I have that excited kid waiting for christmas day feeling & it's pretty nice. Three is the last one I played & I totally forgot how much I like metal gear games since then. That frigging prologue... frig.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Love Will Tear Us Apart

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Sharkopath posted:

I like to pretend the soldiers you don't see on mother base are all just manning the cranes that move around but never pick anything up

They're just pretending to be working when the boss comes

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

memy posted:

Love Will Tear Us Apart

where do you find that tape

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

where do you find that tape

The big Afghan Command Base, IIRC.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Africa map is crazy

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Maneater is a great song for supporting fire.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY-ZGGbVgpc

it really is a drat shame that custom music is only on PC.

also, this is easilly the best game I've played in years.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

memy posted:

They're just pretending to be working when the boss comes
that's what I'm doing, in this thread.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

"Oh-oh, here she comes! Watch out boy, she'll chew you up!" right before Pequad chews up enemy soldiers with miniguns and rocket fire... So so epic.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wish that the instant death water was more defined

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

"Oh-oh, here she comes! Watch out boy, she'll chew you up!" right before Pequad chews up enemy soldiers with miniguns and rocket fire... So so epic.

Lol.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This game's the tits, plain and simple.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Dan Didio posted:

The big Afghan Command Base, IIRC.

*Radios for chopper pickup*

I'm gettin that tape