Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

Pound_Coin posted:

RE: Minefields: gently caress messing around with the Dog and buggy.

Just armour up your car, load up and thunderpoons and drive straight through making GBS threads explosions everywhere. :madmax:

I try to do the drive around in the minefield thing, they still one shot the car, even with max armor and maxed lift kit. Plus its hard to even run over the mines, only three of them and the area they can be is pretty big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

The "making GBS threads explosives everywhere" is kinda a key step.

thunderpoons at lvl 3/4 have a pretty decent AOE and you can set off mines by landing one just kinda close to it. I can carry 10 at the moment which has been more than enough to clear minefields.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Pound_Coin posted:

The "making GBS threads explosives everywhere" is kinda a key step.

thunderpoons at lvl 3/4 have a pretty decent AOE and you can set off mines by landing one just kinda close to it. I can carry 10 at the moment which has been more than enough to clear minefields.

If making GBS threads explosives is key why not use the car that shits explosives everywhere?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You can also steer the car in the direction of a minefield at top speed and then dive out. The car will explode any mines it hits but it won't kill you since you aren't inside. Then Chumbucket will just repair it and you can get back in. It's a good thing the guy's flesh is made of titanium or something.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

SirDan3k posted:

If making GBS threads explosives is key why not use the car that shits explosives everywhere?

I've not capped a minelayer yet :smith:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Capn Beeb posted:

*honk honk*

WITNESS MEEEE

I feel like this needs more attention, holy poo poo my sides.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Capn Beeb posted:

*honk honk*

WITNESS MEEEE
Goddamn I love harpooning snipers.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

evil_bunnY posted:

Goddamn I love harpooning everything.

Fixed.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Spending Griffa tokens is really strange. Unless I missed something, you have to use all of the tokens in your possession when you visit him. Try to spend one or two and there's no prompt to continue. Even weirder, there's no way to exit the menu at all. It's impossible to back out.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Spending Griffa tokens is really strange. Unless I missed something, you have to use all of the tokens in your possession when you visit him. Try to spend one or two and there's no prompt to continue. Even weirder, there's no way to exit the menu at all. It's impossible to back out.

Drugs ain't cheap in the wasteland, gotta get your money's worth!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

I'm pretty sure if you just reset your cursor or focus back to the center and confirm, it'll let you continue and finish up with your upgrades.

I think what's most perplexing me is that I just pretty much 100% Jeet's areas and I've almost maxed out my legend status, almost all of the Griffa token stats, and have almost bought all of the Max upgrades...which seems super quick for what I assume it less than being a 1/3 through the main story. I mean, granted I still have half of the car upgrades to get but it seems super easy to max out Max.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Griffa, look man, just give me the loving gear. I really don't think I can stand here and listen to you spout poo poo and insult me again. I killed a pile of people today so one more isn't going to make a whole lot of difference.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Yeah, that bugs me too. I wanted to save all my ranks in the Judgement upgrade until I was higher in Legend levels so I could jump right up to the final level. It forces you to spend every point you've got.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I was bashing it out with a Buzzard when all of a sudden he exploded and my car's health dropped to zero for no apparent reason. Turned out we were so busy trading paint that we ended up driving straight through a minefield.

EDIT: Also, I found out why there's gas tanks on both the balloon and the generator. The generator controls the winch the balloons attached to, and can run out of gas as well.

girth brooks part 2 fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Sep 4, 2015

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Niggurath posted:

I'm pretty sure if you just reset your cursor or focus back to the center and confirm, it'll let you continue and finish up with your upgrades.

I think what's most perplexing me is that I just pretty much 100% Jeet's areas and I've almost maxed out my legend status, almost all of the Griffa token stats, and have almost bought all of the Max upgrades...which seems super quick for what I assume it less than being a 1/3 through the main story. I mean, granted I still have half of the car upgrades to get but it seems super easy to max out Max.

I think they were expecting people to blitz through the story, but the audience who appreciates checklist games the most are completionists so I'm not sure they were counting on people meticulously 100%ing areas before moving on.

I haven't even completed the Jaw quest yet, GOTTA CLEAN THAT MAP

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

I've done about half? of Pinkeye's quests (Holy poo poo that desert)

But I've found 90% of my time is down around Jeets (fully upgraded) GOTTA CLEAN DAT MAP.

One thing I am concerned about is how enemy spawns go down with threat level and how convoys don't respawn or change. If I keep playing like I am clearing most of an area before moving on I am begining to see a severe shortage of dudes to murder

Johnny Digital
Apr 29, 2008

CJacobs posted:

You can also steer the car in the direction of a minefield at top speed and then dive out. The car will explode any mines it hits but it won't kill you since you aren't inside. Then Chumbucket will just repair it and you can get back in. It's a good thing the guy's flesh is made of titanium or something.

He's got some nice comedic timing, too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abzy7nWwAPE

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Songbearer posted:

I think they were expecting people to blitz through the story, but the audience who appreciates checklist games the most are completionists so I'm not sure they were counting on people meticulously 100%ing areas before moving on.

I haven't even completed the Jaw quest yet, GOTTA CLEAN THAT MAP

I highly recommend you get the Jaw opened. I put it off for ages, because GOTTA CLEAN THAT MAP, but thought I'd take a little look through.

Oh man, the random patrols on the other side are way more fun to fight. Usually 3 cars instead of two, all up-armoured and hyper aggressive. Instead of me preying on weak dudes suddenly I'm in desperate fights for my life as they gangbang the Magnum Opus into scrap. Obviously this'll all change once I get more upgrades, but right now it's super fun to feel so weak and helpless. The stock Thunderpoon barely tickles their armour, there's no free lunch here.

Well, until you get out of your car and they also step out rather than staying inside their armoured death machines.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Looks loving sweet, but how do I get this to work properly? I tried to run it through the ReShade Setup.exe, but it looked all wrong and just hurt my eyes. Yes, I'm really bad at this stuff and never used SweetFx before. :(

Don't mess with the ReShade setup, everything is good to go from the start. I just downloaded the .zip, extracted the files, then threw everything into my main Mad Max folder in Steam and ran the game. I had to adjust my Gamma down to 0.25 but otherwise I haven't tweaked anything.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

drunkill posted:

Screenshot time:

Pages back but these two are so loving good.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
That second one could easily be out of a scene from Fury Road that never made it to the final version, god drat

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
Ok so this game took me a few hours to get into, its now day 2, and i realised i spent the 6 or so hours today not doing any missions, im still at the second stronghold. Been pimping my ride.

Screenshots.

Lovely Sunset

Max getting in some cardio on a dummy

I always have time for an apology

Stabbed a guy with an exploding spear, he seems suprised.

Magnum Opus

Magnum Opus with some upgrades and a new body

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Into the storm...

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
:\ I hope the dog turns up OK later....

This is a really fun game, def. worth it for whatever GMG is charging with the voucher.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Oh! I unlocked side burners without realising. I'll just put them on and BECOME A CHROME ANGEL RIDING ON WINGS OF FLAME

FUUUUUUUUUCK

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Keep those screenshots coming because they are all great.

T1g4h posted:

Don't mess with the ReShade setup, everything is good to go from the start. I just downloaded the .zip, extracted the files, then threw everything into my main Mad Max folder in Steam and ran the game. I had to adjust my Gamma down to 0.25 but otherwise I haven't tweaked anything.

Oh, I see. :doh: Thanks man.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Mozi posted:

Make sure you do Chum's sidequests at Jeet's.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Songbearer posted:

Oh! I unlocked side burners without realising. I'll just put them on and BECOME A CHROME ANGEL RIDING ON WINGS OF FLAME

FUUUUUUUUUCK

It's beautiful... :allears:

Here's my barely upgraded Opus doing a Dukes of Hazzard jump off of that cliff near Jeet's.

Also had a fun bridge tussle at one of the oil camps.

Unfortunately, it resulted in Max glitching the gently caress out during a combo and he clipped through the bridge and died! :shepface:

Deakul fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Sep 4, 2015

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Is it me, or do the top dog fights feel easier than a lot of the mook fights? There's no crowd control, no need to worry about getting mobbed when squaring off against one guy.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Ofaloaf posted:

Is it me, or do the top dog fights feel easier than a lot of the mook fights? There's no crowd control, no need to worry about getting mobbed when squaring off against one guy.

There's at least one where you have to fight loads of warboys too. It was by far the most fun Top Dog fight I've had so far.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Ofaloaf posted:

Nah they're all identical pattern fights, there is one with a few warboys, but just lure them infront of his charge attack. The pattern is always dodge-roll, 4 heavy hits then shiv stab before the daze runs out.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

This is a good videogame.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Chumbucket just insulted me for forgetting what side of the car is the driver's side :allears:

This game is :perfect:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So, are there any DLC plans for the game? It's one of the first games in a long while that I didn't see get a season pass or anything along with MGS5.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
They could release a DLC pack for each of the four movies, easily.

Mad Max: Biker gangs, Main Pursuit Force cars and livery.

Mad Max 2: Gyrocopter, big truck convoys and missions.

Beyond Thunderdome: Thunderdome itself. Basically fight clubs, and Top Dog boss rush modes with a twist.

Fury Road: Furiosa. Nothing else needed.

Turns out they did reference the Gayboy Berserkers after all. They were warband of ex cops. I'd put the helmet on my car but I'd have to remove the shiny metal codpiece and that's not happening.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Movie DLC would be loving amazing and I'd totally be willing to buy all of it.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Mozi posted:

one of the jeet story missions is fetching him back from the wreck

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games
That OP should convince fence-sitters. Nice job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Parkingtigers posted:

Mad Max: Biker gangs

As much as I'd like this to happen, I found a relic in the wasteland that strongly hints that there are no bike in the mad max -the videogame- world. But maybe it's just a joke from the developers regarding the current state of the game.

SpaceGoatFarts fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 4, 2015

• Locked thread