Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

FredMSloniker posted:

Walter hasn't been in a match in three weeks, and Pyroi has been off the air for longer. Any chance of seeing either of them at the PPV?

I feel they should. At the very least, Dedede is an anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Can you get the Green Greens theme from Kirby Triple Deluxe and play it in story bits where Fred or Pyroi (or both) are in?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Match card for THE ANIME BEATDOWN

Match card for THE REVENGE OF THE ANIME

Oh, only six seven matches, what's this? Oh no, did they forget to add an LPFWA title match? What a bunch of morons!
Once I open the bet sheet you'll be able to bet on whether Fred will still be Champion at the end of the night, though. Just saying.

We totally forgot.

Match #1 - Anime vs. Not Anime
Big Scary Owl vs. LORD OF BUTT

Match #2 - Anime vs. Not Anime
Pyroi vs. FinalGamer

Match #3 - Anime vs. Scotland
Walter Dee vs. QC

Match #4 - gently caress YOUR ANIMES ANIMES RULE
Stichez, Loki and Flamander vs. Emperor Palpatine, anilEhilated and Gryph Hammer

Match #5 Anime Prime vs. Anti Anime Aggregation (Co-comm title match)
Junpei and Punchy vs. Lazyfire (c) and Immortan Joe (c)

Match #6 - LP Superstar Title match.
Face vs. Pomp

Match #7 - Kawaii Title Match
Pvt. Scott vs. Aurora

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Sep 3, 2015

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Yay I'm on the card! :neckbeard: Did you fix Walter's moveset?

Raramuffin
Nov 28, 2013

cupcake party!!

IGgy IGsen posted:

We totally forgot.

Yeah, oops! Just remember everyone: It's all Nuffkins' fault. No matter what. He's not even on the writing team and it's his fault somehow.

I'm quite excited for this show, there's some pretty good stuff planned. I hope I can get on commentary this time, but we shall see. I also really hope Lazyfire will be there, because of things. Mystery things.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Raramuffin posted:

Yeah, oops! Just remember everyone: It's all Nuffkins' fault. No matter what. He's not even on the writing team and it's his fault somehow.

I'm quite excited for this show, there's some pretty good stuff planned. I hope I can get on commentary this time, but we shall see. I also really hope Lazyfire will be there, because of things. Mystery things.

I'll be around on Saturday unless something really strange happens. I'm looking forward to the conclusion of the Anime Sucks storyline and my continued domination as one of the Co-commentary Champs if I decide to win at the PPV.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lazyfire posted:

I'll be around on Saturday unless something really strange happens. I'm looking forward to the conclusion of the Anime Sucks storyline and my continued domination as one of the Co-commentary Champs if I decide to win at the PPV.

Same here. On all counts. :getin:

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

IGgy IGsen posted:

Stichez, Loki and Flamander vs. Emperor Palpatine, anilEhilated and Gryph Hammer

That's right, Loki! after you failed to beat the Champ, John Cena, I'm gonna make sure that you don't try something like that again! So I've teamed up with AnilEhilated, who's really smat about wrestling, and cats, and Lord Palpatine himself! You're gonna be sorry!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Man, Gryph, you better make sure you don't get between Loki and Palpy, no matter how confident you are, there's some revenge in progress here. Animay-kun was an innocent bystander murdered by the cosmic grand daddy of evil by a monster truck in the parking lot.
We still don't know why we have a parking lot.

Oh, and I forgot to add the non-canon match of Eclectic Tastes versus John Cena at Wrestlemania 9 for the WWE Championship.

FredMSloniker posted:

Yay I'm on the card! :neckbeard: Did you fix Walter's moveset?

If by "fix" you mean, change it from what you originally wanted to what you told me on stream, then yes.
If there's something else from your numerous PMs I missed let me know. Your Signature moves are now what you said on stream, an Ariplane Spin and a Running Punch (the closest to which is a running axe-handle punch)
Your finishers are a Gorilla Press and a Seated Senton, as was in your original submission when I copypasted the text to my LPFWA.txt.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Everyone on my team is obviously bugged and monitored 24/7. For their own safety.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

IGgy IGsen posted:

If there's something else from your numerous PMs I missed let me know.

Er. It's hard to read tone online, but am I annoying you with my requests? I don't want Walter showing up in a tutu because I pushed you too far. :sweatdrop:

As for the moveset, I put my revisions in this post a while ago. Should I have edited them into my original post? I can do that now if it'd be helpful.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
IGgy, please put Walter in a tutu, tia.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
It makes me unsettlingly happy to know that Palpatine crushed a person to death with a monster truck just for shits and giggles... I need help.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

FredMSloniker posted:

Er. It's hard to read tone online, but am I annoying you with my requests? I don't want Walter showing up in a tutu because I pushed you too far. :sweatdrop:

As for the moveset, I put my revisions in this post a while ago. Should I have edited them into my original post? I can do that now if it'd be helpful.
Not necessary now, would have helped if you did that originally, though. You can only have two signatures and finishers each, though. And I don't think there's a straight running punch because that's what I aimed for originally.
And don't worry, I wont put Walter in a tutu.

Blind Sally posted:

IGgy, please put Walter in a tutu, tia.
If the game let me I'd just have a tutu show with everyone wearing a tutu. :(

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

IGgy IGsen posted:

Not necessary now, would have helped if you did that originally, though. You can only have two signatures and finishers each, though.

Ah. Movelists for existing wrestlers had three, so I thought that was the deal. Maybe I was looking at the wrong FAQ. In any event, move the Flying Forearm Smash 2 to replace the running straight punch, and we should be good!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

FredMSloniker posted:

Ah. Movelists for existing wrestlers had three, so I thought that was the deal. Maybe I was looking at the wrong FAQ. In any event, move the Flying Forearm Smash 2 to replace the running straight punch, and we should be good!

There is a third slot but it's only used if the other finishers cannot be used for whatever reason. It has to be a front grapple move.
If any of your other finishers is a front grapple it will never be used and even if it is it probably will never get used. I mostly try to pick something that is similar to the other finishers somebody has.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
: Hiding behind a mask, huh? I can only assume it's because you lack confidence in your beauty, but I believe in you, and the world will cheer when I show them the perfect human beneath that dull mask. Unfortunately, you won't be around to witness it. A face is all that will be left.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I finally made the three tag teams that were requested.
Unfortunately I forgot if you wanted a specific name or kind of entrance for most of them so I just did what felt right.
I can still change it, though

https://youtu.be/gDTJFE8AxN0

Oh yeah, you can bet on the match outcomes of the PPV here. I completely forgot to do this yesterday.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19bSInd4FmatMbGc5h3QwSGVyInLW5szrjlygkDAtj9Y/edit?usp=sharing

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Sep 5, 2015

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I'll keep my predictions simple this time, all animes win, all champs lose, all matches end via pinfall.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'll keep my predictions simple this time, all animes win, all champs lose, all matches end via pinfall.

I put you there so if there's any mistakes it's on me.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

How is it you always know exactly what I'm envisioning when I say things?

(The team name is "Team Kickass" if there's like a title card or something for it)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Were gonna start in an hour.
Just a little reminder that you can still place bets until then: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19bSInd4FmatMbGc5h3QwSGVyInLW5szrjlygkDAtj9Y/edit?usp=sharing

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
*Overheard in the locker rooms of the LPFWA*

: "Hey! Yeah, I know, been a long time since I called. Hard to get reception up here on the Moon. Did you see my match last week? I defended my title! Yeah, I know it was only against Zore, but still. I'm on top of the goddamn world. Couldn't be happier with myself! ... Yes, of course I mean besides that. I know, I know. Second happiest I've ever been. Anyways, I'm not on the card tonight, which is strange because it's a PPV. Word around the locker room is that something's going to happen, but I don't know what. So, might lose my title, might keep it. We'll just see who Wrestling blesses. Anyways, I gotta get back to preparing for tonight. And thank you for sending those flowers to Sterv, it's pretty hard to find flowers up here and I really felt bad for hurting the guy like that. I'll try and get back down to Earth and see you soon. I love you too. Bye!"

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Starting in 15 minutes! http://www.hitbox.tv/IGgy

Match card again because it may or may not be helpful to some.

Match #1 - Anime vs. Not Anime

Match #2 - Anime vs. Not Anime
Pyroi vs. FinalGamer

Match #3 - Anime vs. Scotland
Walter Dee vs. QC

Junpei and Punchy vs. Lazyfire (c) and Immortan Joe (c)

Face vs. Pomp

Pvt. Scott vs. Aurora

(Non-canon Bonus will be Eclectic Tastes vs. John Cena at WM9 for the WWE Championship)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Match #1 Anime vs. Not Anime
Winner: Big Scary Owl by Pinfall

Match #2
Pyroi vs. FinalGamer
Winner: Pyroi by Submission

Match #3
Walter Dee vs. QC
Winner: Quantum Crayons by Pinfall

Match #4 The Grand Debate
Winner:
Gryph Hammer pins Loki
Stichez pins Palpatine
Flamander performs the motherfucking Worm on anilEhilated and pins him
Grpyh pins Flamander
Gryph submits Stichez
The Anti Anime Aggregation wins.

Junpei and Punchy vs. Lazyfire and ImmortanJoe
Winner: Lazyfire puts Junpei through a burning table.

Face vs. Pomp
Winner: Pomp submits Face

Pvt. Scott vs. Aurora
Winner: Aurora by Submission

Match #8 - LPFWA Title Match
Frederick Hope vs. Dr. Rath.
Winner: Frederick Hope by Pinfall

Non-Canon Match
Eclectic Tastes vs. John Cena
Winner: John loving Cena by Five Moves of Doom what a loving dick, nobody asked for this.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

IGgy IGsen posted:

Non-Canon Match
Winner: John loving Cena by Five Moves of Doom what a loving dick, nobody asked for this.

Actually, if you recall, I reversed the Five Moves, I lost to just a random pin after soaking like six goddamn finishers, not including the first four Moves of Doom.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

IGgy IGsen posted:

I finally made the three tag teams that were requested.
Unfortunately I forgot if you wanted a specific name or kind of entrance for most of them so I just did what felt right.
I can still change it, though

https://youtu.be/gDTJFE8AxN0

"Cat and Food"? My expectations have been exceeded. :allears:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

It's not a bug, It's a shoot! - Let's Pray Flamander Worms Again (Eclectic Tastes)
Alternatively: Lazyfire Powerbombs Friend With Abandon (also Eclectic Tastes)

(The video is processing right now, so it might take a few more minutes to be available)

As far as I can tell Zanzibar Ham won himself a Steam Game worth 10 bucks due to his bets. Add me on steam and tell me what you want.

Match #1
Winner: Big Scary Owl by Pinfall

Plot: Referee Joe approaches Pyroi and Walter Dee backstage and inquires whether Walter is the person living inside Pyroi. He isn't. The person inside Pyroi invites Joe and Walter to come inside Pyroi for some cookies.

Match #2
Pyroi vs. FinalGamer
Winner: Pyroi by Submission

Plot: Dash comes out of hiding and approaches Galen, but Galen has fallen for the El Chad. Dash is devastated.

Match #3
Walter Dee vs. QC
Winner: Quantum Crayons by Pinfall

Plot: Junpei demands his match to be a flaming tables match for flaming tables are a samurai's soul.

Match #4
Winner:
Gryph Hammer pins Loki
Stichez pins Palpatine
Flamander performs the motherfucking Worm on anilEhilated and pins him (Timestamp in video: 1:09:50)
Grpyh pins Flamander
Gryph submits Stichez
The Anti Anime Aggregation wins.

Junpei and Punchy vs. Lazyfire and ImmortanJoe
Winner: Lazyfire puts Junpei through a burning table.

Plot: Turns out Lazyfire and Immortan Joe are way into Dragon Ball Z and just didn't know it was an anime. Everyone is friends now and they'll all go watch some DBZ some time.

Face vs. Pomp
Winner: Pomp submits Face

Plot: Frederick Hope comes to Rath, begging for a Match. He would be devastated to not have a match at a PPV. Rath says he'll think about it.

Pvt. Scott vs. Aurora
Winner: Aurora by Submission

Match #8 - LPFWA Title Match
Frederick Hope vs. Dr. Rath.
Winner: Frederick Hope by Pinfall

Non-Canon Match at WM 9 for the WWE Championship

Plot: Palpy crushes the car Lazyfire is in with a monster truck. Several times. Over and over. Holy poo poo.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Goddammit Palpy! Lazy fire was my friend! As of like an hour before but still! OK, now the kid gloves are off. Normally I'd challenge you to a flaming tables match, but this time I'm serious.

That's right, I'm challenging you to A NORMAL rear end SINGLES MATCH!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wow, I didn't think I'll actually win one of these. Thanks!

e: should have gotten a friend invite by me (Zanzibar Hamster)

e2: oh, I didn't just win, the real winner forfeited, thanks then to cupcakes person as well!

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Sep 6, 2015

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Oh my god, Phantom Pain is a hell of a drug, I missed this entirely.

Good thing I WON!

EDIT: I think that we need a new advertisement:

Pyroi fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 6, 2015

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Junpei Hyde posted:

Goddammit Palpy! Lazy fire was my friend! As of like an hour before but still! OK, now the kid gloves are off. Normally I'd challenge you to a flaming tables match, but this time I'm serious.

That's right, I'm challenging you to A NORMAL rear end SINGLES MATCH!

This is how you know Junpei is serious, no flaming tables are involved.

Also I'm dead, I guess. Don't wory, Palpy, I'm coming back as a blue rear end ghost and haunting you with dumb backstory that'll get retconned later!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I love the idea of Blue Force Ghost Lazyfire so much that if it happens I'm willing to valet for him even though it makes no rational storyline sense. I'm just saying.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I love the idea of Blue Force Ghost Lazyfire so much that if it happens I'm willing to valet for him even though it makes no rational storyline sense. I'm just saying.

I doubt it would be even close to the most nonsensical angle to ever be used in wrestling.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

EclecticTastes posted:

I doubt it would be even close to the most nonsensical angle to ever be used in wrestling.

Katie Vick.

(If you don't know what that is, keep it that way.)

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Junpei Hyde posted:

Katie Vick.

(If you don't know what that is, keep it that way.)

What about the one where Vince McMahon started having an affair and it made Linda go catatonic until it turned out the effect was from someone dosing her?

Linda McMahon ran for Senate in my state...twice, so it was great to see that storyline come up in both campaigns.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Welp, that sure was a squash. I think I got, what, one signature off, and my finisher got countered? :sweatdrop: Oh well, better luck next time.

I'd like to challenge Fred for the hardcore belt. I dunno if Walter will be any good at it, but he and Fred have similar fashion sense, and Walter's game for hardcore matches. Plus it always confuses me when he's in a match. :v: So why not? (Obviously I'm okay waiting however long for this match, and if he loses the belt before Walter gets his shot, my plans will change.)

As for the John Cena match, well, obviously beating him will have to happen another week. Once it does happen, though, we should have a list ready of the Wrestlemania venues and who had the WWE World Heavyweight Championship belt (not to be confused with the World Heavyweight Championship belt, also owned by WWE) at the time. If no one's beaten me to it by the time I've slept and am coherent, I'll do it.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

FredMSloniker posted:

Welp, that sure was a squash. I think I got, what, one signature off, and my finisher got countered? :sweatdrop: Oh well, better luck next time.

I'd like to challenge Fred for the hardcore belt. I dunno if Walter will be any good at it, but he and Fred have similar fashion sense, and Walter's game for hardcore matches. Plus it always confuses me when he's in a match. :v: So why not? (Obviously I'm okay waiting however long for this match, and if he loses the belt before Walter gets his shot, my plans will change.)

As for the John Cena match, well, obviously beating him will have to happen another week. Once it does happen, though, we should have a list ready of the Wrestlemania venues and who had the WWE World Heavyweight Championship belt (not to be confused with the World Heavyweight Championship belt, also owned by WWE) at the time. If no one's beaten me to it by the time I've slept and am coherent, I'll do it.

WM1-3: Hulk Hogan, defended (Title wasn't on the line at WM1)

WM4: Vacant, won in a tournament by Randy Savage

WM5: Randy Savage, won by Hulk Hogan

WM6: Hulk Hogan, won by The Ultimate Warrior

WM7: Sgt. Slaughter, won by Hulk Hogan.

WM8: Ric Flair, won by Randy Savage

WM9: Bret Hart, won by Yokozuna, and then immediately won by Hulk Hogan

WM10: Yokozuna, won by Bret Hart

WM11: Diesel, defended

WM12: Bret Hart, won by Shawn Michaels

WM13: Psycho Sid, won by The Undertaker

WM14: Shawn Michaels, won by Steve Austin

WM15: The Rock, won by Steve Austin

WM16(AKA WM2000): Triple H, defended

WM17: The Rock, won by Steve Austin

WM18: Chris Jericho, won by Triple H

WM19: Kurt Angle, won by Brock Lesnar

WM20: Eddie Guerrero, defended

WM21: JBL, won by John Cena

WM22: John Cena, defended

WM23: John Cena, defended

WM24: Randy Orton, defended

WM25: Triple H, defended

WM26: Batista, won by John Cena

WM27: The Miz, defended

WM28: CM Punk, defended

WM29: The Rock, won by John Cena

WM30: Randy Orton, won by Daniel Bryan

WM31: Brock Lesnar, won by Seth Rollins

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

You're the best! Keep drunkenly throwing wrestlers at each other!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

I'm surprised by how little information there is out there about WWE 2k14's actual mechanics, I just spent an hour trying to figure out what went wrong in my match against Punchy a couple weeks back, apparently it's going to remain a mystery, like every weird game thing that happens involving Punchy. Seems less like JoJo, and more like .Hack. If Punchy has especially high Grapple Defense, it might be an example of Stats Actually Doing Something, but I don't know the numbers, so I can't determine anything conclusively. Anyway, time for a quick press junket...

: I've been doing some thinking in regards to getting more attenti- I mean, improving the image of the LPFWA. The way I see it, we're the best wrestling promotion available, so it seems odd that we don't have any active stables! I aim to fix that, alongside my partner in crime, Flamander, if he's down for it. I'm announcing the formation of the Order of Radical Athletes, or ORA, a stable intended to keep the entertainment in "sports entertainment". I've got some invitations here for who I see as the raddest wrestlers in the LPFWA. Now, if I don't mention you, that doesn't mean I don't like you, it's just that you're not :krad:, which is a distinct quality from normal coolness. Also, I'm not inviting anyone whose owner has mysteriously vanished, since, obviously, they can't respond. Whatevs, here's who I'm inviting to the stable:

-Flamander (obviously)
-Fruitsniffer
-Pomp
-Walter Dee and Pyroi (gotta have both)
-Zore
-Stichez
-KalonZombie
-Heavenator
-JamietheD
-Boob Marley
-Oblivion8675309
-DivineCoffeeBinge
-Grim Darkflame

Honestly, the main reason I'm not inviting you, Lazyfire, is because you seem more like the sort of guy who should be managing his own stable, hint hint. Seriously, man, if we can get a rivalry going, just think of the merchandising! For those I did invite, if you're on the fence, you should also think of how much money we stand to make if the stable's a hit. Besides, I have a feeling pretty much everyone wants to hear the fans chanting "ORA ORA ORA". If you think I might have forgotten you, let me know, I want to make sure all the most radical and crazy awesome wrestlers get in on this.

• Locked thread