Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

That's good blade containment right there. Everyone in the fuselage next to the engine lived!

VVVVV
Uh, crap. Here's a picture of the 747 being assembled, an aircraft that can land with only one of its four engines and has a literally perfect safety record - no 747 has ever crashed because of mechanical failure:

This is political becaaaause since the 777 Boeing has designed aircraft entirely in CAD programs, putting good hardworking drafters and model builders out of work.

Literally Esoteric fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Sep 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Literally Esoteric posted:

That's good blade containment right there. Everyone in the fuselage next to the engine lived!

Unless the plane also crashes! :pseudo:

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Have a bunch of old pictures of DC

1880's

1925 (I see tacky giftshops are timeless.)

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

StickySweater
Feb 7, 2008
Good lord. Three former treasury secretaries (and bankers) joking over creating income inequality. Hank Paulson and Robert Rubin. Not pictured, Timmy "2011 is the Summer of the Recovery" Geithner, to the left, also laughing.

Full video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZfXqxdGOB4

Analogous to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgflCE7zRpc

They forgot QE1... QE2... Operation Twist... QE3... QE4... the probably forthcoming QE5...

Come on people, I need a new avatar. Hook me up.

StickySweater fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Sep 5, 2015

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q15xhG6pVUw

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Trench_Rat
Sep 19, 2006
Doing my duty for king and coutry since 86

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
I wonder what made the artist draw tan lines on the closest one. Force of habit?

Actual Vietnamese women supposedly training for the Viet Cong.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

SS St. Louis. Passengers thought they bought admittance to Cuba, but Cuba ended up denying them entry. The US also denied them entry, and anyone who jumped off the boat and tried to swim to the US was picked up by the coast guard and brought back to the ship.

The current narrative regarding middle eastern refugees is really sad and eerily similar to the narrative of how the world treated jews during world war 2, down to the refrain of "we must end the war to help them" as an excuse to not take in any refugees. I heard a state department official on NPR the other day talking about Syrian refugees and it was just really sad to hear.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

VVVVV
Uh, crap. Here's a picture of the 747 being assembled, an aircraft that can land with only one of its four engines and has a literally perfect safety record - no 747 has ever crashed because of mechanical failure:

This is political becaaaause since the 777 Boeing has designed aircraft entirely in CAD programs, putting good hardworking drafters and model builders out of work.

Uhuh, no mechanical failures you say?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

From the Kim Davis rally today

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Hugo Gellert, Father Coughlin, lithograph, 1936.

StickySweater
Feb 7, 2008
Wow, I never knew Father Coughlin and JC Denton were the same person.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

This ONE WEIRD TRICK takes only seconds, and will make you the the most hated man in Texas.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

budgieinspector posted:

This ONE WEIRD TRICK takes only seconds, and will make you the the most hated man in Texas.

Eh, give it a couple hundred years.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
For everyone else who looks at that t-shirt and wonders what it says about conservatism:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Conservatives do seem to love their pretend salt, especially in Texas.

Not in the tube

but the vial

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

frankenfreak posted:

For everyone else who looks at that t-shirt and wonders what it says about conservatism:

Their name gives me hope.

CaptBushido
Mar 24, 2004

frankenfreak posted:

Thank you for anticipating my question but now I have further questions

CaptBushido fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Sep 6, 2015

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

CaptBushido posted:

Thank you for anticipating my question but now I have further questions

Took me a moment to get this.

Futurama isn't out of style yet nerds! :argh:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

frankenfreak posted:

They're salty alright

quote:

Parliament is expected to pass a second raft of refugee laws by next week, giving greater authority to the police and the military, including the right to enter any home to search for migrants who might be hiding there.

exmarx fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Sep 6, 2015

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Eh, give it a couple hundred years.

My favorite thing about history has to be what we've unearthed of common people's writing/graffiti.

http://erikkwakkel.tumblr.com/post/67681966023/medieval-kids-doodles-on-birch-bark-heres

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Exclamation Marx posted:

They're salty alright

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Freakazoid_ posted:

My favorite thing about history has to be what we've unearthed of common people's writing/graffiti.

http://erikkwakkel.tumblr.com/post/67681966023/medieval-kids-doodles-on-birch-bark-heres

Marginalia is also pretty cool:

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/the-american-medias-awkward-fawning-over-hitlers-taste-in-home-decor posted:

"People actually wrote in, taking Life magazine to task for treating Hitler sarcastically," says Stratigakos. "One of the letters I remember reading even says something along the lines of, 'you know, Hitler's house is far more tasteful than Roosevelt's.' So the response was really surprising. American readers did not appreciate the magazine making fun of Hitler's taste."

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

VVVVV

I guess faulty wiring by the fuel tank doesn't count as mechanical?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

quote:

Former Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin said Sunday that immigrants in the U.S. should 'speak American' if they are going to reside in this country.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

StickySweater posted:

Good lord. Three former treasury secretaries (and bankers) joking over creating income inequality. Hank Paulson and Robert Rubin. Not pictured, Timmy "2011 is the Summer of the Recovery" Geithner, to the left, also laughing.

Full video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZfXqxdGOB4

"fix the retirement system because that will save our future" ~*cues audience laughter*~ :(

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

From the latest Atlantic 'In Focus'

Surely this chap is a Brit émigré :wotwot:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007