Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

They should have made it that he returns because he can't stand the civilian life with Felicity.

Throw that whole thing under the bus forever.

I am going to disagree here. Keep it, if you can mature both characters a little bit to be normal(ish) adults in a relationship. Ollie can still have issues. Plus I think it's good for the show to not have to follow the comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So Felicity and Mr. Terrific are throwing around what looked like prototype T-Spheres at one point in the trailer. That makes me excited.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mooseontheloose posted:

I am going to disagree here. Keep it, if you can mature both characters a little bit to be normal(ish) adults in a relationship. Ollie can still have issues. Plus I think it's good for the show to not have to follow the comics.

As long as we're together we can't avoid "Come back alive" while music plays softly in the background scenes whenever Ollie goes up against a threat.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

RIP Ray Palmer :lol:

E: Oh look they're actually addressing the effects the Pit had on Thea.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 5, 2015

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Scyantific posted:

Malcolm should put Moira in the pit :smith:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Put the original Count Vertigo in the pit. He comes out insane, no one can tell a difference.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
He just comes out sane and goes on to become the wrestler known as The Miz

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I dont know posted:

Put the original Count Vertigo in the pit. He comes out insane, no one can tell a difference.

No no, he comes out normal and likes accounting.

:geno: These rates are so low, they are ridiculous. :geno:

...Sorry I flew off the handle.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
I like that they're apparently putting Constantine in this show (I saw him in the trailer). The show was pretty mediocre but the main guy was great.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
The helmet does look a little bit better with the opaque lens over it in the trailer

Deceptive Thinker fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Sep 5, 2015

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

Malcolm should put Moira in the pit :smith:

I dont know posted:

Throw Malcolm's wife in the pit! Stick Grundy in the pit! Pits for everyone!

Scyantific posted:

The spoilered bit is the thing I'm most interested in out of the trailer. That, and Nyssa apparently dueling Malcolm. Trouble in paradise, eh? Darhk's whole thing just seems overplayed, though. Three seasons of imminent destruction on Star City has made the whole, 'let it die' bit passe. Is it wrong that I want the season-wide arc to take a back seat?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yay Neal McDonough gets to be creepy evil in a suit again on my TV

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

howe_sam posted:

Yay Neal McDonough gets to be creepy evil in a suit again on my TV

I wonder if they will mention the brief time he voiced VA.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

So did no one else see Sarah getting up from the Lazarus Pit in that trailer?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Of course, I just don't think it's news. Pretty common knowledge that Sara is the White Canary in that Legends of Tomorrow show and that she got pitted back to life.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Yeah everyone pretty much knew this. Hell it's even the reason they're bringing in Constantine, as he's the one with the knowledge to bring back people who have been dead for a long time..

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That shot, or one from the same scene, is also in the Legends trailer.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

VDay posted:

That trailer definitely seems like a response to people wishing S3 was less drama/sad Arrow and more action, and I'm ok with that.

Someone went through the trouble of editing Felicity out of the trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6xsIdUbNZk

Hilarious, because I actually liked this edit more for some reason. Maybe it's because I didn't even notice she was gone.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
So has the creepily aggressive female cast hating completely shifted from Laurel onto Felicity now? I mean Felicity was misused in S3 but goddamn, it's not like it's unfixable.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

hcreight posted:

So has the creepily aggressive female cast hating completely shifted from Laurel onto Felicity now? I mean Felicity was misused in S3 but goddamn, it's not like it's unfixable.

Somebody has to bear the hate, like a The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas for CW DC shows.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Don't blame people for lashing out. They are just still holding on to the faint strand of hope for the Arrow/Barrowman romance we all want to see.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
shipper name: Arrowman

it writes itself

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I've never cared for Oliver

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Damien Dark seems like he's gonna be a fun villain.

teagone posted:

Someone went through the trouble of editing Felicity out of the trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6xsIdUbNZk

Hilarious, because I actually liked this edit more for some reason. Maybe it's because I didn't even notice she was gone.

"Since always" was a good line, IMo.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

hcreight posted:

People hate poorly written characters, it is not creepy nor does it have anything to do with their gender.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nah, all the stuff about what she looked like was all about gender. Nobody cares about what the male characters they don't like look like

Made those guys look like real assholes when it turned out Katie Cassidy is just dedicated as hell.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Aphrodite posted:

Nah, all the stuff about what she looked like was all about gender. Nobody cares about what the male characters they don't like look like

Made those guys look like real assholes when it turned out Katie Cassidy is just dedicated as hell.

In Katie Cassidy's case it was way more that her character had nothing to do, was useless, and had terrible lines more than anything.

I know, though, that I made a comment on one of her workout pictures because the angle it was taken made it look like she had toothpicks for legs. Like the photo looked weird.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No I get people not liking the character that season, I think that's totally justified. I'm just saying that you never get comments like dorito face and all that poo poo when it's a male character people don't like.

Then there was the weird conspiracy theory bullshit about how she's never in any Instagram photos or anything with the rest of the cast so they must not like her (like the smart people pointed out, it was likely because at the time her character was isolated from them and so she probably didn't shoot with the rest of the cast.) People were projecting disliking the character onto the actress. The thread really was creepy about it.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

I'm not sure "looks noticeably thinner" is a gender insult.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

hcreight posted:

I don't think anyone hates Felicity, they hate Ollicity and the way the relationship has made both Ollie and Felicity annoying as poo poo

Felicity has always owned

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Heathen posted:

Yes it is.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'm not sure about the guy playing Mr. Terrific. Holt is supposed to be a built dude, that guy looks too skinny.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's not playing Michael Holt, he's a new character called Curtis Holt.

(Yes I see what you did there.)

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

boom boom boom posted:

Holt is supposed to be a built dude, that guy looks too skinny.

Please don't body shame.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

I'm not sure about the guy playing Mr. Terrific. Holt is supposed to be a built dude, that guy looks too skinny.

unironically agree

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

boom boom boom posted:

Heathen posted:

Dexo posted:

Yes it is.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Soothing Vapors posted:

I don't think anyone hates Felicity, they hate Ollicity and the way the relationship has made both Ollie and Felicity annoying as poo poo

Felicity has always owned

Last season really damaged Felicity for me. I think the writers gave the actress really little to work with except be sad and angry at the same time, and it was painful to watch The new trailer didn't include any of that, but it's going to take a series of strong episodes for me to forget the rough patch of mid to end season 3.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Dexo posted:

Yes it is.

I'm sure people talked about her change of appearance in sexist ways, but she looked dramatically different from season 1 to season 2. Noting that alone isn't sexist.

ghostwritingduck fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 6, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dexo posted:

Yes it is.

No it isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It isn't on its own, and it's also not what I said.

• Locked thread