Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I hope the ingame radio reports that three dog has been lynched for fighting the good fight with his voice on galaxy news radio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Bholder posted:

But quest mods are already like this.

The problem is in them sticking out even more like a sore thumb, much like hair mods still using the same plastic molds created back when the Sims 2 was new.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
:eve:

I like to title these graphs, "gently caress Nuclear"

(lower is better)

(higher is better, also I see why they say only build power rooms 2 wide and not 3 wide.)

Also, it costs 28,500 caps to make a 3.3 Nuclear generator that makes 0.57 energy per second vs 3050 caps to make a 3.3 Power room generator that makes 0.65 energy per second.

You could pretty much have ten of them for the price of Nuclear.

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Sep 4, 2015

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I don't think Bethesda should deliberately make their game shitter to make poorly made mods stand out less.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Talkc posted:

Any time i had to listen to Johnny Guitar or Aint that a kick in the head, i wanted to put a bullet through the Courier's brain.

Benny's true motivation

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Modders Will Always Find a Way

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I actually really liked the NV radio stations since the songs all seem super well curated for the game's atmosphere-- a mix of Vegas glitz and the Wild West, all within the overall midcentury scope of Fallout's setting. I just wish there were more songs in the mix, since you really did hear repeats a lot.

But at least they were good songs. :v: Somehow the experience of running around the desert blowing things up while listening to Radio New Vegas seemed way more appropriate for the Courier than the somber and boring music you hear with the radio off. Shooting Lanius in the head with Maria with Dean Martin crooning in the background turned out to be the perfect way to end Fallout: New Vegas.

Plus it was cool whenever you got a quest with a name you recognize from the radio.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
In an agreement between Apple and Bethesda, Fallout 4's radio will stream the first 20 seconds of random iTunes songs every couple of minutes. If you press [reload] during the song you purchase it and add it to the game's internal playlist.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Rincewind posted:

I actually really liked the NV radio stations since the songs all seem super well curated for the game's atmosphere-- a mix of Vegas glitz and the Wild West, all within the overall midcentury scope of Fallout's setting. I just wish there were more songs in the mix, since you really did hear repeats a lot.

But at least they were good songs. :v: Somehow the experience of running around the desert blowing things up while listening to Radio New Vegas seemed way more appropriate for the Courier than the somber and boring music you hear with the radio off. Shooting Lanius in the head with Maria with Dean Martin crooning in the background turned out to be the perfect way to end Fallout: New Vegas.

Plus it was cool whenever you got a quest with a name you recognize from the radio.

I have to admit, wandering into Primm for the first time with Big Iron playing on the radio, as i murdered the ever loving gently caress out of every single powder ganger i saw, was pretty badass feeling.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
New Vegas and 3 both had good music for the atmosphere.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Fallout 4 needs Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys. for atmosphere.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

MariusLecter posted:

Fallout 4 needs Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys. for atmosphere.

You know, I cant disagree with this. imagine smashing some ghoul's face in to "Another Bag of Bricks".

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
When the gently caress are they going to stop dicking around and put in some Chuck Berry, Little Richard or Shirley and Lee?! :argh:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I feel like having music newer than the 1960s would be a pretty bad fit for a Fallout game, as much as I enjoyed that incredible fight scene on the plane in D4 with the knock-off quasi-Dropkick Murphys music.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
I want more Danny Kaye. Something about that man and his exuberance that brings me joy.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

gently caress sake 2 wide lvl 3 Diner, get your poo poo together!

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Are all these graphs taking into accout things such as power use and the resources a full staff of dwellers takes up? Are they also assuming they're fully staffed with the relevant SPECIAL stat maxed out as well as max luck and happiness?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
How the hell could upgrading a 2 wide to 3 make it worse?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I've decided that I'm going to make my first character with max Intelligence and low charisma named Matt Damon.

gonna need a cave mutant to name Ben Afleck, cave mutants are too pretty though

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

The power one used 6 people each with 10 STR, and the diner one used 6 people with 10 in Agility. I'm not sure if luck reduces the resource timer but if it did, it probably would shift each data point equally, resulting in no real change in results.

My current fave power generator layout, [E][2.3][2.3][2.3][2.3][E]

Cojawfee posted:

How the hell could upgrading a 2 wide to 3 make it worse?

1.1 8 food every 43 seconds
1.2 10 food every 43 seconds
1.3 12 food every 43 seconds
2.1 18 food every 43 seconds
2.2 22 food every 43 seconds
2.3 26 food every 1:04 seconds *tested multiple times
3.1 28 food every 47 seconds
3.2 34 food every 47 seconds
3.3 40 food every 45 seconds

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 4, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Talkc posted:

You know, I cant disagree with this. imagine smashing some ghoul's face in to "Another Bag of Bricks".

"It's the worst day since yesterday" could be this thread's theme song too

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
drat I understand chance and gambler's fallacy and confirmation bias but I swear to god when you fail a rush for the 8th time and the odds are 25%-50% (going to different rooms after a couple failed attempts) it's reeaaally frustrating.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Rincewind posted:

I feel like having music newer than the 1960s would be a pretty bad fit for a Fallout game, as much as I enjoyed that incredible fight scene on the plane in D4 with the knock-off quasi-Dropkick Murphys music.

I agree. Whatever music the Boston Irish were doing before punk rock became a thing would probably work though.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Moridin920 posted:

drat I understand chance and gambler's fallacy and confirmation bias but I swear to god when you fail a rush for the 8th time and the odds are 25%-50% (going to different rooms after a couple failed attempts) it's reeaaally frustrating.

I've had rushes fail at 9% and succeed at 67%, I question the accuracy of the given odds. Also where the hell are my legendary dwellers you rear end in a top hat game, I don't want two Jerichos

Mordaedil posted:

The percent chance is for it to succeed though.

What? It says incident %, I can't be reading it that wrong lol

slicing up eyeballs fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 5, 2015

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Maybe they'll just ask Fallout 4's lead writer what music he listens to in real life as he goes about his business.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Ak Gara posted:

:eve:

I like to title these graphs, "gently caress Nuclear"

(lower is better)

(higher is better, also I see why they say only build power rooms 2 wide and not 3 wide.)

Also, it costs 28,500 caps to make a 3.3 Nuclear generator that makes 0.57 energy per second vs 3050 caps to make a 3.3 Power room generator that makes 0.65 energy per second.

You could pretty much have ten of them for the price of Nuclear.

But the reactor looks so much better.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Decus posted:

Maybe they'll just ask Fallout 4's lead writer what music he listens to in real life as he goes about his business.

Bethesda: Where the new Dahmers come from.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Jonesy posted:

I've had rushes fail at 9% and succeed at 67%, I question the accuracy of the given odds. Also where the hell are my legendary dwellers you rear end in a top hat game, I don't want two Jerichos

The percent chance is for it to succeed though.

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?

one on a bun posted:

Stop arguing with that mordaeil guy and go back to being really credulous about those cream of plenty posts. That's what makes this thread worth it

Shhhhhhhh don't break the fourth wall

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Cream of plenty needs to post more

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Cream of plenty needs to post more

That's not how you spell JackBadass.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

marktheando posted:

I don't think Bethesda should deliberately make their game shitter to make poorly made mods stand out less.

I also don't think they should deliberately make their game shittier but it's too late, they already chose to have voiced protagonists

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Voiced protagonists, known from lovely games by awful companies, like Alpha Protocol by Obsidian.

What a terrible game by a piece of poo poo company full of complete shitlords.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I love this idea that in this game with hundreds of spoken characters, adding one more character and one more voice actor will cause a RUIN!!!

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Now quest mods will stick out for having two characters who speak in the base game stay silent, instead of just one!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Rincewind posted:

Now quest mods will stick out for having two characters who speak in the base game stay silent, instead of just one!

Maybe they'll be the silent protagonist from the last two games.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
I have never played a decent user made quest and about 99.99% of all third party VO work sounds about as pleasant as:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gTeXS1Q48Q

And most of the other mods for these games consist of anime hair, anime bikini armour, DD sized tits, sick gun reskins and "HD" texture packs that somehow make the game look even worse. The mods I have applied to FO3 and NV only help stabilize the game because hold poo poo Bethesda how do you code so poorly?

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?
Witcher 3 and MGS:V are better than fallout 4 will ever possibly be and both have voiced protagonists. Owned, scrubs.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
If Kojima was writing Fallout 4, then I'd have it preordered already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
John "Punished" Fallout.

• Locked thread