Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I, Electric Hobo, oath for the month of September:
5 soldiers made from a mix of Gripping Beast and Northstar's Frostgrave set.

Time to get my Frostgrave warband on.

Serotonin posted:

I've not oathed in a very long time despite having probably painted over 100 minis since my last oath here, and this one comes with a twist thanks to TheCosmicMuffet.

Ive been painting minis close to 30 years so me oathing 1 miniature is going to look a tad lame. The twist is following a sudden illness in mid May that almost killed me, Ive been left with a right arm and hand that barely functions. To save me typing out a story heres another post where I mentioned it. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3465762&userid=24506&perpage=40&pagenumber=7#post447844933

Thats a lot of waffle to say Im going to have my first go at painting a miniature with my left hand.

That's rough, but good it isn't keeping you down :)
Also, your oath picture should have the American Samoa timezone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Serotonin posted:

I've not oathed in a very long time despite having probably painted over 100 minis since my last oath here, and this one comes with a twist thanks to TheCosmicMuffet.

Ive been painting minis close to 30 years so me oathing 1 miniature is going to look a tad lame. The twist is following a sudden illness in mid May that almost killed me, Ive been left with a right arm and hand that barely functions. To save me typing out a story heres another post where I mentioned it. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3465762&userid=24506&perpage=40&pagenumber=7#post447844933

Thats a lot of waffle to say Im going to have my first go at painting a miniature with my left hand.

I, Serotonin, oath that I will paint this Gripping Beast 28mm plastic Dark Age Warrior

This is exactly what the Oath Thread is great for! Because you are a hand down I'll let your Oath picture slide this time, but as Electric Hobo mentioned we're using American Samoan time zone now, this gives everyone effectively an extra evening to get their painting finished. There's a link in the OP instructions for next time!

Electric Hobo posted:

I, Electric Hobo, oath for the month of September:
5 soldiers made from a mix of Gripping Beast and Northstar's Frostgrave set.

Time to get my Frostgrave warband on.

Oaths Accepted!

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Oops sorry didn't realise the time zone rule had changed.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath for the month of September a Malifaux Envy model
(Modified to be female and remarkably similar to one of the Sona skins from League of Legends)
((For some reason there's a dj table in the giant steam tank instead of a keyboard?))

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath for the month of September a Malifaux Envy model
(Modified to be female and remarkably similar to one of the Sona skins from League of Legends)
((For some reason there's a dj table in the giant steam tank instead of a keyboard?))

Thanks for taking a pair of pictures! Oath Accepted!

Serotonin posted:

Oops sorry didn't realise the time zone rule had changed.
No worries, there's a couple of other small things that changed, check the first post of the OP just above the sponsor logos so you're kept aware, there's a few things that have changed for anyone who hasn't Oathed in the last year or two. It should be easier/smoother to finish your Oaths and of course there's a whole new range of awesome sponsors.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath addition! A Reaper dancer (proxy Malifaux Ice Dancer)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for September 2015:
2 Gothic Ruins from Pegasus, 28mm
1 Glaug Battlepod, scale unknown? (this was my random prize from NTRabbit's 2015 draw)

Possibly more to come later, I've been in a terrain mood and would like to get my Frostgrave warband done sometime.

Many apologies for the especially terrible picture this time, my computer died and my image processing stuff isn't set up yet on the new one. This was about the only way I could get the date & time readable in a reasonable amount of time.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I, Indolent Bastard, Oath the following for September 2015:
1 (2 piece) Gothic Ruins from Games Workshop, 28mm
1 (5 piece) Ruined tower from Reaper Miniatures, 28mm

BobFish
Jan 16, 2004

Believe: The Sequel - This time it really will happen
I, BobFish hereby oath 4 Slave orcs and a Lesser Obsidian Golem for the month of September.
All Mantic, 28mm.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of September four Sewer markers for the Batman Miniatures Game by Knight Models, 32mm scale.

I'll oath addition the main thing for the month once I'm done prepping it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Serotonin, do you know about the Perry brothers? Very famous miniature sculptors. Anyway one of the brothers lost his hand, and switched. Very next mini he did, using his "wrong" hand, was the famous Green Knight sculpt for GW's brettonians.

I was just thinking it'd be cool if you painted a Perry mini with your left hand, out of solidarity.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Leperflesh posted:

Serotonin, do you know about the Perry brothers? Very famous miniature sculptors. Anyway one of the brothers lost his hand, and switched. Very next mini he did, using his "wrong" hand, was the famous Green Knight sculpt for GW's brettonians.

I was just thinking it'd be cool if you painted a Perry mini with your left hand, out of solidarity.

Yes I know of them and have met them both on a few occasions. I'm holding Michael in mind with this oath.

I haven't picked up a brush yet because I believed this disability was going to be temporary and had probably quite unrealistic expectations of my recovery. I didn't want to invest energy in relearning left handed. Nearly 4 months down the line I'm revising that view!

Germ
May 7, 2013

Serotonin posted:

Badass. While I really hope you have a full recovery, I respect the hell out of your current mind-set. I agree about the Michael Perry as an inspiration - when I first read about the accident, I figured he was finished. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of September four Sewer markers for the Batman Miniatures Game by Knight Models, 32mm scale.

Oath complete!

I'd like to claim Speed Painting for this please.

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
I've had these space hulk dudes hanging around since the 2009 release. I've only painted four so far, so this seems like a good excuse to paint a couple more.

I Arson Fire oath to paint two space hulk terminators for the month of September (Games Workshop 28mm)

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I Still plan to Save Da Wales my August, but before that,

I, JcDent, Oath This FW Deathshroud Terminator I saved on Ebay for the month of September

As soon as I come up with a color scheme.

JcDent fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Sep 6, 2015

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For September I oath six space pirates by Games Workshop (28mm)

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
oath addition! I, nesbit37, am adding 43 10mm hill trolls by games workshop and 1 28mm Dorva the dark elf by Reaper to my September pledge.

nesbit37 posted:

i, nesbit37, oath for the month of September 2 base stars, 1 battlestar Pegasus and one resurrection ship by Fox Miniatures. I have no idea what scale these are, same scale as battlefleet gothic whatever that is. I will definitely be doing oath additions th is month, just want to get started on these ships ASAP.

Germ
May 7, 2013

I, Germ, do solemly oath to paint these 5 Eldar Wraithguard and 2 Eldar War Walkers by Games Workshop.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Schmetterling posted:

Oath addition! A Reaper dancer (proxy Malifaux Ice Dancer)

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for September 2015:
2 Gothic Ruins from Pegasus, 28mm
1 Glaug Battlepod, scale unknown? (this was my random prize from NTRabbit's 2015 draw)

Possibly more to come later, I've been in a terrain mood and would like to get my Frostgrave warband done sometime.

Many apologies for the especially terrible picture this time, my computer died and my image processing stuff isn't set up yet on the new one. This was about the only way I could get the date & time readable in a reasonable amount of time.

Indolent Bastard posted:

I, Indolent Bastard, Oath the following for September 2015:
1 (2 piece) Gothic Ruins from Games Workshop, 28mm
1 (5 piece) Ruined tower from Reaper Miniatures, 28mm

BobFish posted:

I, BobFish hereby oath 4 Slave orcs and a Lesser Obsidian Golem for the month of September.
All Mantic, 28mm.

Ugleb posted:

Ugleb posted:

Oath complete!

you've got it!

Arson Fire posted:

I've had these space hulk dudes hanging around since the 2009 release. I've only painted four so far, so this seems like a good excuse to paint a couple more.

I Arson Fire oath to paint two space hulk terminators for the month of September (Games Workshop 28mm)

JcDent posted:

I Still plan to Save Da Wales my August, but before that,

I, JcDent, Oath This FW Deathshroud Terminator I saved on Ebay for the month of September

As soon as I come up with a color scheme.

Galaspar posted:

For September I oath six space pirates by Games Workshop (28mm)

nesbit37 posted:

oath addition! I, nesbit37, am adding 43 10mm hill trolls by games workshop and 1 28mm Dorva the dark elf by Reaper to my September pledge.

Germ posted:

I, Germ, do solemly oath to paint these 5 Eldar Wraithguard and 2 Eldar War Walkers by Games Workshop.

OATHS ACCEPTED!!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath 2 Privateer Press Nightwretchs and a Leviathan Jack

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
I, Bavius, do oath to complete one swashbuckling Space Marine Librarian

:frogsiren: Double down oath time! I oath a squad of Devastators. :frogsiren:

Bavius fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Sep 8, 2015

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath 2 Privateer Press Nightwretchs and a Leviathan Jack

Bavius posted:

I, Bavius, do oath to complete one swashbuckling Space Marine Librarian

:frogsiren: Double down oath time! I oath a squad of Devastators. :frogsiren:

OATHS ACCEPTED!

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I oath 4 zombicide zombies and 2 kings of war abyssal dwarf dudes

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath addition!

Finally got around to making my bases and spraying!

I Ugleb hereby additionally oath Victor Zsasz and Arkham Lunatics set for the Batman Miniatures Games by Knight Models, 32mm scale.

Ugleb posted:

Oath complete!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:siren:OATH COMPLETE!:siren:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Gentlegoons! Will I permitted to Save Da Whales?

Here's my poor August oath, foiled by lack of proper camera... and photography skills.

6mm Warsaw Pact dudes. All have AKs, some don't have barrels anymore.

The Sov dudes are all painted uniform, since they're regular military.

Taliban, taliban, turn over 6mm Bin Laden!

These came from 6mm Third World Warriors pack, and the Random Package Generator at GHQ gave me Taliban. Could have gotten nominally black guys with G3. Got AK taliban, two of whom are in an advancing pose with GP-25s underbarrels.

I tried to get a lot of variation in turbans, pants, jackets, and scarves for Taliban, since they're not a regular military. I'm happy about the result.

All in all, 6mm is perfect for gamers who have been hooked on the great effort/result cycle present in video games. With God's Own 28mm, you can gently caress around for an hour and it still looks like you got a brain hemorrhage in the middle of it. In 6mm, you can do a squad an hour. Ok, maybe two. The details aren't that hard to pick out with whatever brush is the smallest, and GHQ has some detailed models. Unfortunately, the ankles and the gun barrels are weak.

Which put the kibosh to my plan to base them individually. Which is unfortunate, since I only care about platoon level games and so and 28mm moderns are both rare and extremely expensive.

Plus, you know, painting 28mm. The red legs in the background are from my as of yet unfinished summer oath.

Unfortunately, starter packs come with one random gun, and I don't care about anything that can't move itself.

My WP dudes came with a T-90, which I painted in "gently caress it, I don't care" camo popular in my As Of Yet Unnamed Arabic Island Nation that would fit with the Taliban thene somewhat.

GHQ tanks and vehicles have an absurd amount of detail for 6mm... hell, absurd for any scale.

WP BMP-1. An easy model to paint, looks well in Khaki and a GW wash.

Look, I wanted to it to be fun, random mercenary/warlord army, OK? That's why it's red with a skull. The ZPU or whatever gun is really fun to manually traverse in real life, too.

And here's our technical. I wanted it to be technical colored, so it's white. I also want to claim Journal or whatever it for the flames. I followed one of the tutorial posted by Kusgroove and I'm extremely happy with the effect.

I also tried Dr. Faust's or smth white painting method and it was worse than not shaded white. That's why it's kind of muddy.

Windows still elude me, tho.

I used a mix of Tamya and GW paints, and probably Devlan Mud. The minis are all 6mm GHQ.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Unfortunately my honor guard were started at the end of the last month, but here is my new oath. I know bikes are boring by comparison but I need to finish a full squads worth.

I, UROBOROS, oath space marine bikers.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

omnibobb posted:

I oath 4 zombicide zombies and 2 kings of war abyssal dwarf dudes

Uroboros posted:

I, UROBOROS, oath space marine bikers.

Oaths Accepted!

JcDent posted:

Gentlegoons! Will I permitted to Save Da Whales?

Paging Leperflesh!

Not sure he checks the thread regularly but he does pop in from time to time, I'll send him a reminder :)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, twice shamed, oath to paint for the month of September

1 Tower Ruin, 1 Frontier Stone Tower with removable thatched roof, and 1 Orc Hut Amongst The Rocks, by Acheson Creations (28mm)

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, oath this Aradus Sentinel (with magnetized Soldier bits), a 50mm Privateer Press Skorne shooty bug thing, for this month of September.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, twice shamed, oath to paint for the month of September

1 Tower Ruin, 1 Frontier Stone Tower with removable thatched roof, and 1 Orc Hut Amongst The Rocks, by Acheson Creations (28mm)

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath this Aradus Sentinel (with magnetized Soldier bits), a 50mm Privateer Press Skorne shooty bug thing, for this month of September.

Oaths Accepted!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Psst! krushgroove! Don't forget my oath addition. ;)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Just making sure you're paying attention!

Ugleb posted:

Oath addition!

Finally got around to making my bases and spraying!

I Ugleb hereby additionally oath Victor Zsasz and Arkham Lunatics set for the Batman Miniatures Games by Knight Models, 32mm scale.

Oath Accepted!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
.... And after checking my shelf of "good god I need to stop using kickstarter" I have some more good things to give away.

This will be two factions for Relic Knights, including a minirulebook and cards. Some of the models are on kicking rad Secret Weapon mini bases. All you need to play are the special card decks and dashboards. And maybe some other stuff because I'm sure I will forget to pack something. But there are a ton of models! There is an app you can get if you have smartphones and stuff.

Since Relic Knights is inspired by anime, and the two factions (Cerci Speed Corps and Pirates!) are tied to the second most anime factions in the game (coming behind the Anime High School Magic Girls in Small Skirts faction), we will make this anime themed. Just finish your complete oath this month with a anime themed Challenge and be sure to include Anime is TV too! in your post to enter. Winners will be picked randomly unless someone goes all out on an entry. This will apply to japanese anime and games, obviously, and certain animated TV shows and video games up to my discretion: repaint an x-wing ship to be like the animated show, paint a character out of a JRPG, slap some weathering on A GODDAMN MACROS MECH? Should be all good. Any question before hand I'll be happy to answer.

:anime::anime:

PS, I'll announce the prize once the month is over, but expect a delay in me getting the package out. Probably middle October.
PPS, This applies to people outside of the US, however I will have to see how bad shipping is. Don't let this prevent you from entering as we can cross that bridge when we get there! I doubt it will be a problem.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 10, 2015

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I oath mooooooore zombies

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

LordAba posted:

.... And after checking my shelf of "good god I need to stop using kickstarter" I have some more good things to give away.

This will be two factions for Relic Knights, including a minirulebook and cards. Some of the models are on kicking rad Secret Weapon mini bases. All you need to play are the special card decks and dashboards. And maybe some other stuff because I'm sure I will forget to pack something. But there are a ton of models! There is an app you can get if you have smartphones and stuff.

Since Relic Knights is inspired by anime, and the two factions (Cerci Speed Corps and Pirates!) are tied to the second most anime factions in the game (coming behind the Anime High School Magic Girls in Small Skirts faction), we will make this anime themed. Just finish your complete oath this month with a anime themed Challenge and be sure to include Anime is TV too! in your post to enter. Winners will be picked randomly unless someone goes all out on an entry. This will apply to japanese anime and games, obviously, and certain animated TV shows and video games up to my discretion: repaint an x-wing ship to be like the animated show, paint a character out of a JRPG, slap some weathering on A GODDAMN MACROS MECH? Should be all good. Any question before hand I'll be happy to answer.

:anime::anime:

PS, I'll announce the prize once the month is over, but expect a delay in me getting the package out. Probably middle October.
PPS, This applies to people outside of the US, however I will have to see how bad shipping is. Don't let this prevent you from entering as we can cross that bridge when we get there! I doubt it will be a problem.

Are Infinity models Anime by default or do we need to up the anime factor somehow?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Indolent Bastard posted:

Are Infinity models Anime by default or do we need to up the anime factor somehow?

Future generations will wonder what started the Animegeddon. Hopefully this quote survives the fallout.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Indolent Bastard posted:

You have to do the challenge (show or video game), but if you can anime up a non-anime thing I could let it slide.

Bonus points if my huggy pillow approves.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Sep 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Paint some transoceania guys like they're Ultraman.

• Locked thread