Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going to be your MGV mission bro
This poll is closed.
DD 72 0.24%
Quiet 30008 99.63%
idk some robot thing 38 0.13%
Total: 30118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
36 hours and on mission 23. This is a big game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You know what would make good chopper music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbquDj3mkGc

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
metal....gear?!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

here it is gentlemen;

i present to you the greatest raid in spec ops history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyBcaYRauVk

this is a loving poo poo show, but thats some pro as gently caress chopper music

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i love how everyone is a dick to huey now

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

here it is gentlemen;

i present to you the greatest raid in spec ops history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyBcaYRauVk

I like how it took you 3 minutes to remember that you had a rocket launcher. Shameful.

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
I just found out that you can perform hold ups on guys on the backs of walkers.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
16 hours of played time, 9% complete. Sounds good to me.

I put the little richie song from predator on my chopper. It is fitting.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Has anyone been able to do FOB infiltration yet? It seems like the servers are so bogged down that it's impossible to start an invasion.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's hit or miss. I've done a couple retaliations to get my poo poo back, and a couple defenses.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
My company's paying for my flight to Boston and rental car for the long weekend, and all I can think about is playing this drat game. I was seriously considering packing my PS4 in my checked luggage.

Goddamn this game is good.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Well I knew about the cardboard box fast travel in mother base, but i found out there is a similar system is Afghanistan and Africa. BUT

1) You need to find the platform and get the invoice from that platform
2) if the base is on alert you cant use it, it either needs to be in "normal" or "captured" status.

Also my favorite DD moment happened when I used this once. Russian soldier spots my box and gets suspicious. Russian guy gets close, DD barks at him, he then forgets about my box and DD scampers off.

Good boy :3:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm gonna play Mad Max today. With nearly 40 hours in mgs v dogge, I need to switch it up.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Leather Bear posted:

I'm gonna play Mad Max today. With nearly 40 hours in mgs v dogge, I need to switch it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=negNvaEwZJs

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I got Quiet last night. I love that Kojima is an unashamed huge perv, titties are awesome.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I got Quiet's Sniper Wolf outfit. It's pretty cool.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Mike-o posted:

I got Quiet last night. I love that Kojima is an unashamed huge perv, titties are awesome.

Quiet is pretty good out of the box

Buddies out of the box listing:

:perfect: Tier - DD
God Tier - Quiet
:mediocre: - D-Walker
Slav Tier - D-Horse

Tbh D-walker probably gets better once you spend some money on it, but it wont be as good as DD or Quiet.

Also this happened to me a couple of days ago

DD trying to hump that sidewalk, he is growing up so fast.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

How many staff do you guys have? I've got 1011 but getting ranked up for developments past level four is painful.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

You may have a couple of low level guys with direct contact. Also the auto distribution can be a bit poo poo sometimes.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I'm in living hell right now. Girlfriend and daughter wanted to go to the mall. On Labor Day loving weekend. I am not currently playing the best game of all time, kill me.

Also reading the imp zone thread it sounds like Konami hosed with Kojima and basically told him to wrap it up before he was really finished. Let me finish this game, then when the nukes start falling please hit Konami HQ first.

Mike-o fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 5, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
What else did Kojima want to do? I get the impression he would've pushed for a larger team element. Some missions feel so huge like they were designed in having more than one buddy.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Having a co-op capability in this game would be loving amazing.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Leather Bear posted:

What else did Kojima want to do? I get the impression he would've pushed for a larger team element. Some missions feel so huge like they were designed in having more than one buddy.

I'm not quite sure what was cut, trying not to spoil poo poo for myself. It seems to be something with the ending and end boss, and Kojima stating he doesn't want to play it because he'll see all sorts of stuff he didn't get to add.

I know that they cut the going back to camp omega part.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Spoilers I guess for the Quiet misson:

Man I felt kinda betrayed as gently caress when Kaz was getting all pissy about Quiet. I mean I understand how he felt and how much rage he's got inside him, but ordering your guys to loving aim their rifles at Big Boss? Wtf, I can't believe that poo poo even happened. I felt like Big Boss looked when the guy had a laser on his heart. Completely heartbroken that my war buddy is so blinded by revenge that he'd order our guys to be ready to kill me.

I'm way too invested in the storyline of these games :spergin:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I just watched the real ending. Wraps up most of everything nicely, and closes the gap between the end of BB's story and the start of Solid Snake's in Metal Gear 1. Sitting through the credits now.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Is it like peace walker where there's s an ending and then a real ending?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o posted:

Is it like peace walker where there's s an ending and then a real ending?

What you think your goal is right now, the thing you think you're working towards, is chapter 1. There is a chapter 2, and you're going to spend 10-20 hours on it.

I still have side ops to go through to wrap up a couple other loose ends. I'm just very satisfied at the moment because the plot of Metal Gear Solid 1 now makes a whole hell of a lot more sense.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So I hosed up a side mission (Save Emmerich) because I didn't want to walk really far and got in a helicopter, not knowing that it would whisk me away and fail the mission. Can I repeat it or am I boned?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vasudus posted:

So I hosed up a side mission (Save Emmerich) because I didn't want to walk really far and got in a helicopter, not knowing that it would whisk me away and fail the mission. Can I repeat it or am I boned?

Yeah, go back and do it again. You miss out on a lot of story without him.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Mission 30 :stare:

I thought that the previous developments with the parasites were kind of lame, but when Skullface revealed that he planned to wipe the world of English speakers....drat

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Yeah, go back and do it again. You miss out on a lot of story without him.

No no no, that's the problem. It's a side ops mission and its marked complete.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Vasudus posted:

No no no, that's the problem. It's a side ops mission and its marked complete.

The side op should have unlocked mission 12, Hellbound. Do that one.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

question: was told that huey began doing his thing, and the game brought me to the hangar. is there anything im supposed to do there?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

btw you unlock fobs after mission 22.

first one is free, second one is like 10 bucks in MB coins

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Sep 6, 2015

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Fart Sandwiches posted:

The side op should have unlocked mission 12, Hellbound. Do that one.

Yeah, turns out that the side mission was just to go there period. It then immediately jumped to 12, which I guess is the mission I aborted.

Next up is Africa I guess!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Wrapped up my last loose end story-wise, the upstairs room in the medical pod.

:smith:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Wrapped up my last loose end story-wise, the upstairs room in the medical pod.

:smith:

:smith::hf::smith:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Vasudus posted:

Next up is Africa I guess!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuTlpSfptO0

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTQbiNvZqaY

realtalk if anyone finds this tape in mgsv please tell me as soon as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
:bustem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPJCxK279cU

• Locked thread