Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That makes sense, also many of these people are just contrarians, and because Sanders is saying things that are not part of mainstream politics, they will latch onto him. They'll ignore his messages of social justice and true equality.

Lionizing McCarthy makes sense when you see another image they shared
http://i.imgur.com/42NUaQm.jpg

or

http://i.imgur.com/WpYtSWc.jpg

And then there's this, oh its just a troll that will be followed up by a trollface, not, MLK deserved to die because he was a dirty commie that thought that business owners shouldn't be able to discriminate
http://i.imgur.com/8C15N1B.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

twistedmentat posted:

And then there's this, oh its just a troll that will be followed up by a trollface, not, MLK deserved to die because he was a dirty commie that thought that business owners shouldn't be able to discriminate
http://i.imgur.com/8C15N1B.jpg

Then two minutes later, when it's convenient he'll be a Republican again.

I had a guy on MLK day post the confederate flag and then was all like, "It's Lee, Jackson, King day. :smug:" when somebody called him out on being a bit of a twat.

Glukeose
Jun 6, 2014

Just started working with a guy deep in the conspiracy theory rabbit hole. It's an amazing look at what kind of absurd fantasies the human mind is capable of constructing. Not only was 9-11 an inside job perpetrated by the Illuminati-backed Bush administration, but every president of the United States has been in the pocket of the World Bank and New World Order since the dawn of time. Other amazing excerpts from this guy include:
  • Dave Chappelle fled to Africa to escape Illuminati Assassins
  • God is real. He really exists in the universe and is mad as hell about gays and the New World Order
  • The NWO, led by Obama (who hopes to ascend to the level of the antichrist) is seeking to rebuild the Tower of Babel in modern-day Iraq to usher in the reign of Satan, and God is pissed about it.
  • Aliens are bullshit invented by the Illuminati to confuse the masses

He thinks that the NWO is simultaneously so nefarious and all-encompassing that they have the power to brainwash the masses and assassinate presidents, but can be defeated by a well-armed citizen militias. The kicker? We live in Massachusetts, the gayest of all the states in the union. Meeting someone like this is like meeting an unfrozen caveman.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I discovered the guy from Statist Idiot of the Day, is American Born Korean and believe that because he's a minority, he cannot be racist.

Glukeose posted:

Just started working with a guy deep in the conspiracy theory rabbit hole. It's an amazing look at what kind of absurd fantasies the human mind is capable of constructing. Not only was 9-11 an inside job perpetrated by the Illuminati-backed Bush administration, but every president of the United States has been in the pocket of the World Bank and New World Order since the dawn of time. Other amazing excerpts from this guy include:
  • Dave Chappelle fled to Africa to escape Illuminati Assassins
  • God is real. He really exists in the universe and is mad as hell about gays and the New World Order
  • The NWO, led by Obama (who hopes to ascend to the level of the antichrist) is seeking to rebuild the Tower of Babel in modern-day Iraq to usher in the reign of Satan, and God is pissed about it.
  • Aliens are bullshit invented by the Illuminati to confuse the masses

He thinks that the NWO is simultaneously so nefarious and all-encompassing that they have the power to brainwash the masses and assassinate presidents, but can be defeated by a well-armed citizen militias. The kicker? We live in Massachusetts, the gayest of all the states in the union. Meeting someone like this is like meeting an unfrozen caveman.

You know, if I had some guy spouting crazy at me while i'm trying to work or on lunch or what not, I'd talk to HR about it, and probably the superior, because this is both uncomfortable and the guy is clearly slacking off from working to yak about his crazy theories.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

I discovered the guy from Statist Idiot of the Day, is American Born Korean and believe that because he's a minority, he cannot be racist.

There's actually been an effort to redefine racism to mean "Power + prejudice", so that one can be bigoted without being racist. It seems more like an effort to allow for minorities in the United States (because this seems to be where the definition is most popular) to display extremely bigoted behavior against whites and legitimately claim that they're not actually racist.

I've also seen detailed sociological explanations of why it's okay for someone to say things like "All white people should just die" because it's just venting you guys.

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.

chitoryu12 posted:

There's actually been an effort to redefine racism to mean "Power + prejudice", so that one can be bigoted without being racist.

it's okay for someone to say things like "All white people should just die"

I'm both white and 100% on board with both of these statements.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

There's actually been an effort to redefine racism to mean "Power + prejudice", so that one can be bigoted without being racist. It seems more like an effort to allow for minorities in the United States (because this seems to be where the definition is most popular) to display extremely bigoted behavior against whites and legitimately claim that they're not actually racist.

I've also seen detailed sociological explanations of why it's okay for someone to say things like "All white people should just die" because it's just venting you guys.

Source your quotes

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

CARL MARK FORCE IV posted:

I'm both white and 100% on board with both of these statements.

I am on track to be semi-powerful and also prejudiced against bitcoiners. I am a statist hitler, in short, a shitler.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Octatonic posted:

Source your quotes

http://www.clarke.edu/media/files/Multicultural_Student_Services/definitionsofracism.pdf

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Oh wait, were you serious? Because according to that link, it kind of looks like people have been saying that racism is about power since the civil rights act?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Octatonic posted:

Oh wait, were you serious? Because according to that link, it kind of looks like people have been saying that racism is about power since the civil rights act?

Yeah but that in itself is a stupid definition because powerless bigots can still be racist and powerful bigots can be bigoted over things other than race. We should have invented a snazzier word for "power combined with bigotry = bad" instead of appropriating (heh) the term racism for that.

I don't hire women because they are hysterical, less intelligent, and can't be objective. Guess that makes me a racist against women. :haw:

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

blowfish posted:

Yeah but that in itself is a stupid definition because powerless bigots can still be racist and powerful bigots can be bigoted over things other than race. We should have invented a snazzier word for "power combined with bigotry = bad" instead of appropriating (heh) the term racism for that.

I don't hire women because they are hysterical, less intelligent, and can't be objective. Guess that makes me a racist against women. :haw:

I don't understand what you're trying to argue here? Please try using illustrative sarcasm again, and maybe it'll be clearer next time.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

"Why is it called feminism if it's not about women becoming superior to men?"

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Octatonic posted:

I don't understand what you're trying to argue here? Please try using illustrative sarcasm again, and maybe it'll be clearer next time.

racism already had a definition other than "bigotry in general, especially when the bigot happens to be powerful" and just redefining racism is more confusing than just saying that both powerful bigots in general and also racists are bad.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

quote:

“Any attitude, action or institutional structure which subordinates a person or group because of their color . . . Racism is not just a matter of attitudes; actions and institutional structures can also be a form of racism.” --from RACISM IN AMERICA AND HOW TO COMBAT IT, U.S. commission on Civil Rights, 1970

IDK man that kind of sounds like it's about what power does to actualize racism? Congrats on being 45 years late to the party I guess. Did you know that gay doesn't mean happy anymore, and is all about those abhorent homosexuals?

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chitoryu12 posted:

How threatened do you feel when you see black people saying "kill whitey"?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sharkie posted:

Very, he's a gun guy after all.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Blue Footed Booby posted:

:staredog: That's one hell of a post.

Further reinforces my desire to feed Icke's stuff into a Markov chain bot and set it loose on youtube.

Back in my university days I stuck that horrible essay "Assasination Politics" into a markov chain bot, and posted the results on a university BBS without explaination, and then watched in amusement as academics attempted to decode the result. They where really really annoyed when I told them it was computer generated gibberish.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sharkie posted:

I never said I felt threatened. I just think that if you respond to being called out on assholish behavior by explaining the sociological phenomenon that causes you to express your rage against a biased system, you're still an rear end in a top hat trying to defend being an rear end in a top hat.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Octatonic posted:

IDK man that kind of sounds like it's about what power does to actualize racism? Congrats on being 45 years late to the party I guess. Did you know that gay doesn't mean happy anymore, and is all about those abhorent homosexuals?

The operative words in your quote there are really 'can also' I feel.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Sharkie posted:

Can someone please drop the catty sarcasm and actually make a point?

Like, is empathizing with the systematic oppression that motivates "kill whitey" comments good enough, or am I supposed to think they're actually constructive?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Can someone please drop the catty sarcasm and actually make a point?

Like, is empathizing with the systematic oppression that motivates "kill whitey" comments good enough, or am I supposed to think they're actually constructive?

i think we can all agree that 'kill whitey' and 'kill n-word' are not the same thing given that black americans have never systemically terrorized, oppressed, and murdered white americans, though white americans have done that to black americans

actual racism requires power to act on systemic racial prejudice, and given that american socity is still majority white and implicitly condones discrimination against minorities it's kind of difficult for non-white americans to be racist. not impossible, but not nearly as easy as it is for white americans to be racist

you don't have to agree with kill whitey, just try to understand why that's not an actual threat of genocide where the converse kind of is

chitoryu12 posted:

I never said I felt threatened. I just think that if you respond to being called out on assholish behavior by explaining the sociological phenomenon that causes you to express your rage against a biased system, you're still an rear end in a top hat trying to defend being an rear end in a top hat.

ah yes, only assholes explain things

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Popular Thug Drink posted:

ah yes, only assholes explain things

I reiterate: if you think that explaining the socioeconomic disparity in the United States and how it affects your behavior excuses you from being an rear end in a top hat, it doesn't. It just makes you an rear end in a top hat who's really good at explaining why you're an rear end in a top hat. I mean, you'd probably get that if you actually read my post instead of saying this non-sequitur.

quote:

actual racism requires power to act on systemic racial prejudice

But it doesn't. That's appropriating an already existing term and changing its definition arbitrarily.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I'd rather live around assholes than big whiney babies who care about their hurt feelings more than learning about the world and other people.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jack Gladney posted:

I'd rather live around assholes than big whiney babies who care about their hurt feelings more than learning about the world and other people.

This might surprise you, but acting like a jerk intentionally isn't as cool as LiveJournal might make it out to be.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

chitoryu12 posted:

This might surprise you, but acting like a jerk intentionally isn't as cool as LiveJournal might make it out to be.

then why do you keep doing it?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

chitoryu12 posted:

Thanks for this hot take last relevant in fuckin' 2005.

Jack Gladney posted:

Same.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

blowfish posted:

racism already had a definition other than "bigotry in general, especially when the bigot happens to be powerful" and just redefining racism is more confusing than just saying that both powerful bigots in general and also racists are bad.

I think you underestimate the allure of the warm fuzziness of moral superiority which comes from vigorously arguing past someone when you're both using the same words but with different definitions.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chitoryu12 posted:

So really your issue is with people being rude. It's not with

chitoryu12 posted:

extremely bigoted behavior against whites

correct? Cause I agree that it's not nice to be rude. But I don't think "bigoted behavior against whites" is a serious problem our society needs to address.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

Well I guess you just have to ask yourself, "what is the effect of minorities being 'racist?'"

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
If we're agreed that it's fine for black people to say "kill all white people" because it's not like they're really gonna do anything about it, it's the equivalent of a child threatening to hold their breath until they pass out, is it also OK for black people to say "kill all Koreans" or "kill all Muslims" or "kill all homosexuals"?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

boom boom boom posted:

If we're agreed that it's fine for black people to say "kill all white people" because it's not like they're really gonna do anything about it, it's the equivalent of a child threatening to hold their breath until they pass out, is it also OK for black people to say "kill all Koreans" or "kill all Muslims" or "kill all homosexuals"?

that's a strange thing to claim. i think your bloodlust clouds your humanity, racist

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Reminder that boom boom boom hates skulls and skeletons and is a bad person.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sharkie posted:

But I don't think "bigoted behavior against whites" is a serious problem our society needs to address.

I never said that either. I called it assholish and something that shouldn't be given a pass, but I hardly started yelling about "who the real racists are." Exactly what are you trying to prove, or trying to get me to admit to?

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
So the thread has been suddenly totally derailed by an invasion of posts about racism. Who paid for these posts? What are they trying to hide?

Look at the avatars of Skellybones and Gorilla Salad. And Chitoryu12 and Jack Gladney. Suspiciously similar I'm sure you'll agree. Individual posters, or Crisis Actors?

And what does it have to do with the recent disappearance of Time Cube? It's time for you all to come clean. WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

SedanChair posted:

Well I guess you just have to ask yourself, "what is the effect of minorities being 'racist?'"

Making them bigoted assholes? Luckily, sane definitions of racism don't rest on the assholes being super-effective at oppression :getout:

Jack Gladney posted:

true words

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

blowfish posted:

Making them bigoted assholes? Luckily, sane definitions of racism don't rest on the assholes being super-effective at oppression :getout:

Sane, AKA defined by whites who want to feel like racism hurts them too.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

There's a guy on my feed who keeps ranting about how the government is suppressing the Planned Parenthood selling babies thing. He keeps posting memes that are basically "WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS, IS PLANNED PARENTHOOD BUYING OFF THE MEDIA"

As though you needed to convince the media to not want to talk about abortion

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

SedanChair posted:

Well, sometimes they'll stalk and murder an unarmed black kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

SedanChair posted:

Sane, AKA defined by whites who want to feel like racism hurts them too.

Please don't project your persecution complex on the entire world. You don't need to harm people to be a racist.

• Locked thread