Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Had him drop on Hard after 10ish tries probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

After another bad multi-summon, I think I'll keep to single summons from now on.

Relevant: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/3jggbd/6_weeks_and_about_600_worth_of_dragon_stone/

I think single-summons are the way to go unless there's a deal you're interested in like the Ginyu Force or something. There are some truly spectacular multi-pulls out there, but there's also some truly pathetic ones as well.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Get ready for that sweet SR Mighty Mask.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Teq SR, passive +30% Attack while fighting multiple enemies. Depending on his links it might be a solid card. I'm assuming Vegeta and Goku family stuff, if not Saiyan things.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

New Leaf posted:

Relevant: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/3jggbd/6_weeks_and_about_600_worth_of_dragon_stone/

I think single-summons are the way to go unless there's a deal you're interested in like the Ginyu Force or something. There are some truly spectacular multi-pulls out there, but there's also some truly pathetic ones as well.

I don't see how that post in any way indicates that single pulls are better? He only does single pulls. I'm pretty sure that the "single pulls are better" mentality is just the result of confirmation bias + people being more upset at no results from spending a greater number of stones on a multi-pull. There is no reason for drop rates to differ between 10 single pulls and a multi-pull (assuming they're pulled from the same event gacha thing), other than the multi-pull being slightly better because there's a 0% chance of getting 10 R's (which, while very unlikely with just single pulls, is still possible).

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Ytlaya posted:

I don't see how that post in any way indicates that single pulls are better? He only does single pulls. I'm pretty sure that the "single pulls are better" mentality is just the result of confirmation bias + people being more upset at no results from spending a greater number of stones on a multi-pull. There is no reason for drop rates to differ between 10 single pulls and a multi-pull (assuming they're pulled from the same event gacha thing), other than the multi-pull being slightly better because there's a 0% chance of getting 10 R's (which, while very unlikely with just single pulls, is still possible).

There is, in theory, also a 0% chance of getting 10 SSRs since you have to get at least 1SR. But the chances of pulling 10 SSRs in a row is hilariously low.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

The 2nd post did basically the same amount but all multi pulls and ended up worse off, which obviously proves single pulls are better and not that two people is a bad sample size.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I've done/bought a lot of pulls and out of my 5 SSRs, it's pretty even between single and multi pulls. I got 3 from multisummon and 2 from singles, I think.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

pixaal posted:

There is, in theory, also a 0% chance of getting 10 SSRs since you have to get at least 1SR. But the chances of pulling 10 SSRs in a row is hilariously low.

It's actually "1 SR or higher", I had one of those pulls give me a single SSR and no SR

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
So I tried my first multi summon and... oh.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Batmasterson posted:

That doesn't seem horrible?

I dunno, I'm not clear on the meta as to what's good and what's crap.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

the_steve posted:

That doesn't seem horrible?

I dunno, I'm not clear on the meta as to what's good and what's crap.

He got Cui, so that's a crappy pull no matter what.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
I've never gotten an SSR, let alone two in one so I was happy.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Batmasterson posted:

I don't care what I'm up against, having a friend with Final Form Frieza in the party is always a great addition. That card is a loving monster.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Okay, here's a question I have.

Dokkan Awakenings become one rarity higher than their original forms, right? So an SR becomes an SSR+, then Dokkan'd to an SSR natural, then re-awakened to an UR+.

What happens to Final Frieza, if one chooses to make him Golden Frieza? Would he just become a better SSR card, an UR that can't re-awaken, or a step beyond UR?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The Bee posted:

Okay, here's a question I have.

Dokkan Awakenings become one rarity higher than their original forms, right? So an SR becomes an SSR+, then Dokkan'd to an SSR natural, then re-awakened to an UR+.

What happens to Final Frieza, if one chooses to make him Golden Frieza? Would he just become a better SSR card, an UR that can't re-awaken, or a step beyond UR?

He just becomes a different SSR. He's a weird exception to the rule because natural URs can't currently exist.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Looks like Future 17 can put up some numbers, too. I have mine ready to awaken and he'll be at 4797 attack and 5052 defense at level 60 SSR*. Add 1000 to each of those at above 50% HP, another 500 attack for Brutal Beatdown and 1000 defense for Android Assault. Also +3 ki if he's with Future 18.

:getin::getin:

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Is it just my terrible luck with this game (which I'm totally willing to believe), or is there a dearth of good TEQ type? The only two I've got are Kid Gohan and a Goku.

Buttermonster
Jul 11, 2003

What happens in regards of stamina when you reach rank 100? Can you still get rank xp to regain stamina, or is that no longer possible?

Hopefully we get cards for farmer with a shotgun and driver's license Piccolo.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

cptn_dr posted:

Is it just my terrible luck with this game (which I'm totally willing to believe), or is there a dearth of good TEQ type? The only two I've got are Kid Gohan and a Goku.

I have a handful of good TEQ guys, but AGI enemies aren't all that common, so I haven't done much with them.

I feel like the really important type to have good characters in is PHY, since it makes money grinding easier. INT is handy too, for recovery items from Jackie Chun in Wayward Champion.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

cptn_dr posted:

I'm drowning in them. I have incredibly few PHY types (though I just got SR 19 and SSR Xeno Trunks, so that's changing).

Buttermonster posted:

What happens in regards of stamina when you reach rank 100? Can you still get rank xp to regain stamina, or is that no longer possible?

It doesn't stop. My rank is in the 120's. Friend count and max party size and stamina keep going up too.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Sep 4, 2015

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Believe it or not, this was a SSJ Goku multi-pull.

I ALREADY had that SR Android 18 :argh: The only positive thing is that now I have a Chichi I can dokkan awake (even though I'd have prefered the INT one since Kid Krillin can only be STR).

Well, the Ginyu Force multipull was quite good so I guess this brought balance, but still hurts.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Japan has a INT SR Jaco. There's no (easy quick) way to get the Japanese version if I'm in the U.S., is there?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

zelah posted:

Japan has a INT SR Jaco. There's no (easy quick) way to get the Japanese version if I'm in the U.S., is there?

iOS always had the name a foreign iTunes account route. For Android it gets a bit more tricky. You'll need to locate a copy of the apk.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
iOS thankfully. I'll investigate this weekend.

What's up with Videl? I thought the Dokkan Awaken stuff was: start as SR, z-awaken to SSR, then when they make it real, Dokkan awaken.

I got my SR Videl to 60, used all the awakening slots assuming it would z-awaken to SSR, then level to 80 and wait.

Maybe she just Dokkan awakens to SSR and can't z-awaken? I'm confused because it's still showing me blue arrows and she shows 4 stars.

KoB
May 1, 2009
You cant dokkan awaken anything yet.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Petiso posted:

Believe it or not, this was a SSJ Goku multi-pull.

I ALREADY had that SR Android 18 :argh: The only positive thing is that now I have a Chichi I can dokkan awake (even though I'd have prefered the INT one since Kid Krillin can only be STR).

Well, the Ginyu Force multipull was quite good so I guess this brought balance, but still hurts.

If it makes you feel any better, I did two SSJ multi-pulls today and got a SR TEQ Trunks and SR TEQ Raditz out of them. I also got R Int Chi-Chi, so that was nice.

zelah posted:

iOS thankfully. I'll investigate this weekend.

What's up with Videl? I thought the Dokkan Awaken stuff was: start as SR, z-awaken to SSR, then when they make it real, Dokkan awaken.

I got my SR Videl to 60, used all the awakening slots assuming it would z-awaken to SSR, then level to 80 and wait.

Maybe she just Dokkan awakens to SSR and can't z-awaken? I'm confused because it's still showing me blue arrows and she shows 4 stars.

You have it right, far as I know. You need to get that Videl to SSR* 80 to Dokkan Awaken her to Great Saiyawoman. You're looking at the regular old Z-Awaken.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

There is a bug right now where a bunch of characters can't Z-Awaken for some reason. They're supposed to fix it tonight.

Magna
Sep 3, 2007

Buttermonster posted:

It keeps going but you do gain a bonus five stamina going from 99 to 100.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

So I would have completed Awakening all of my R+ characters, but I got R Android 18 AGL from the friend summon, meaning she's the only one who I haven't awakened yet. My current character count stands at 68. Currently have 1 UR, 9 SSR* at Level 80, 15 SSR* to get to 80, 14 SR* at 60, and 28 SR* to get to 60, and 1 R to still awaken. So many characters! Although I guess if I try for Mighty Mask tomorrow it might be even more.

I also think this was asked a while back, but I didn't see an answer. Are there any good stages to get the support items so you can complete the 10 + King Kai mission? I believe that's the last mission I have to complete that isn't login based or defeating 1000 of a particular enemy.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
What's the best way to level up Normal characters, in order to awaken them and use them as training fodder? I know if you beat the first level of the Bardock Event on hard you could easily level an N card all the way to 20 in one go. Are there any levels in the main quest that let you do that?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ammat The Ankh posted:

What's the best way to level up Normal characters, in order to awaken them and use them as training fodder? I know if you beat the first level of the Bardock Event on hard you could easily level an N card all the way to 20 in one go. Are there any levels in the main quest that let you do that?

The easiest is to train them with another N-rank card, a 40k shell and a stone of the same type. 20 in one shot.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

This game has done a good job of deterring from doing any more Single Summons (other than being out of dragon stones). I got SSJ Goku, and got...Mercenary Tao again. At least his Super attack went up.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Just ignore whether Goku is SSJ or not

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I currently do that in Terror Returns -> Telekinesis Rampage on Hard, you need stronger STR and PHY guys than you needed for Bardock's stage, though (if your strongest guys have different elements you can try on a different Ginyu/Bardock guy combo stage, since most of them have 2 boss battles). Also, in each of the Guldo/Shugesh battles, the one on the right is much stronger than the one on the left for some reason so change the target at the start.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The Z-Hard fight for Mighty Mask is kind of rough. It's against Super TEQ Kid Trunks and Super AGL Goten. They have a lot of HP.

Hercule is in the space directly behind them, so hold onto a 1 if you want to take him on.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Aurora posted:

Just ignore whether Goku is SSJ or not

It's like a slot machine bonus, I can't ignore it. My hopes were up, then dashed due to stupid Mercenary Tao coming again.

Echophonic posted:

The Z-Hard fight for Mighty Mask is kind of rough. It's against Super TEQ Kid Trunks and Super AGL Goten. They have a lot of HP.

Hercule is in the space directly behind them, so hold onto a 1 if you want to take him on.

The first time I ran it on Z-Hard, I only fought Mighty Mask. I haven't run it a second time. Hercule was a much easier battle and I think gives you something like 36,000 Zeni if you beat him.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Cozz posted:

It's like a slot machine bonus, I can't ignore it. My hopes were up, then dashed due to stupid Mercenary Tao coming again.

The first time I ran it on Z-Hard, I only fought Mighty Mask. I haven't run it a second time. Hercule was a much easier battle and I think gives you something like 36,000 Zeni if you beat him.

Yeah, I'm on my second and it's Mighty Mask this time. Looks like it's random. All I got was a gold training item from the kids, though.

Fight's a bit of a slog, but I got the card on my second successful run, so hopefully the drop rate is as high as King Piccolo.

These little saiyan bastards hit like trucks, but I'm 2/3 on Z-Hard.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 6, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Got Mighty Mask on my first z-hard run. Dunno if he's any good, but Hercule died in like two hits and gave me a nice chunk of change so I'll probably keep running it to see if I can boost his super.

Going to be fun to run Goten, Trunks, Mighty Mask, and eventually Gotenks on the same team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
God all of my INT cards suck. I'll just do a multidraw and I'm bound to get a half decent one.

Why hello beautiful