Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hatrocious
Jan 1, 2013

Lady Naga posted:

This is an old-rear end quote from TVTropes :ssh:

Both the TVTropes quote and the Imgur image are stdh, that is :thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Hatrocious posted:

Both the TVTropes quote and the Imgur image are stdh, that is :thejoke:

Yes thank you.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

And the comments are people bitching about political correctness

http://imgur.com/gallery/cCsQJD3

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
In the series of indispensable chrome plug ins : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pc2respect/mgkjmkalaomdhdldmfbgpjdpmpdnhiio

quote:

This extension changes the text 'political correctness' to 'treating people with respect' on webpages, making the web a slightly better place. Latest update also changes 'politically correct' to 'respectful' and 'politically incorrect' to 'disrespectful'

Just driving the point home how loving terrible the "oh my god PC" crowd is.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

http://imgur.com/gallery/KPiywpD

"They are not used to free speech. We already have problems with muslims protesting free speech in europe. I think there will be even worse problems with the culture shock those people will be confronted with."

Heh, those dumb brown people, not used to our free speech :smuggo:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Vincent Van Goat posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/KPiywpD

"They are not used to free speech. We already have problems with muslims protesting free speech in europe. I think there will be even worse problems with the culture shock those people will be confronted with."

Heh, those dumb brown people, not used to our free speech :smuggo:

There are millions and millions of uneducated people with a strong belief in god in the US and their effect on a free society has been massively negative so the bear has a valid point.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

quote:

littlegoblin 1072 points : 15 replies : 14 hours ago reply
so it's okay to arrest men just because a woman said some guy raped me, but a woman just gets a slap on the wrist? I hate society everyday

http://imgur.com/gallery/t1Yxn5A?third_party=1

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

But enough about Americans...

Hatrocious
Jan 1, 2013

A police force and court system operating under the age-old belief that men are driven by sex and that women are helpless victims wrongfully punished a male victim of sexual assault. This is the fault of women and feminism because

uh

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hatrocious posted:

A police force and court system operating under the age-old belief that men are driven by sex and that women are helpless victims wrongfully punished a male victim of sexual assault. This is the fault of women and feminism because

uh

If feminism is about equality then how come women hit men sometimes? Proof that they want to elevate themselves over men and cut all our dicks off

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Hatrocious posted:

uh

This single and isolated but still tragic misstep of justice against a man makes me hate those who want justice for the millions of women a year who suffer it.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I browse the front page and I don't know if it's me but all the awkward penguins bragging about people's sex lives is a little weird to me.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

They're probably almost all fake, but hey, sometimes weird poo poo happens during sex and you don't feel comfortable sharing with anyone you actually know personally.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
No actual woman has ever said or typed the words "My husband vigorously boned me"

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Fashionable Jorts posted:

This single and isolated but still tragic misstep of justice against a man makes me hate those who want justice for the millions of women a year who suffer it.

Downplaying sexual assault because an internet person used a hashtag sarcastically is pretty creepy guys!

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
"Play time"

Jesus.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

Downplaying sexual assault because an internet person used a hashtag sarcastically is pretty creepy guys!

I know you're a legit crazy person, so engaging you is probably a poor choice, but I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

SomeIdiot
Apr 2, 2014

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I know you're a legit crazy person, so engaging you is probably a poor choice, but I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

He's trying to say that you were downplaying the rape, I guess? So... unless 'tragic misstep of justice against a man' means an entirely different thing for him than it does for the rest of us, make that 'legit crazy person with horrible reading comprehension'.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

What terrible grammar.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

SomeIdiot posted:

He's trying to say that you were downplaying the rape, I guess? So... unless 'tragic misstep of justice against a man' means an entirely different thing for him than it does for the rest of us, make that 'legit crazy person with horrible reading comprehension'.

Quoted the wrong person.

Still leaves three people who instantly leapt to the #feminism hashtag rather than, y'know, the sexual assault that went on.

"Sorry lil Timmy, you were assaulted, but it's the fault of the patriarchy so lets get angry at these people angry at you getting the blame. :smug:"

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014
I'm no gynecologist but I'm pretty sure a cyst the size of a goddamn softball would be pretty loving noticeable if not life threatening.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

This is a fantastic troll.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Quoted the wrong person.

Still leaves three people who instantly leapt to the #feminism hashtag rather than, y'know, the sexual assault that went on.

"Sorry lil Timmy, you were assaulted, but it's the fault of the patriarchy so lets get angry at these people angry at you getting the blame. :smug:"

lmao

did a gang of roaming feminists beat you up a lot in middle school or something dude, you're unwell

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

canepazzo posted:

This is a fantastic troll.

Yeah that's all I could think when I saw it. It's an absolutely perfect troll.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Alaois posted:

lmao

did a gang of roaming feminists beat you up a lot in middle school or something dude, you're unwell

What does a man getting sexually assaulted and then arrested have to do with feminism, Alaois.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Sexual assault is bad but that doesn't mean we can't talk about other bad stuff too.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

What does a man getting sexually assaulted and then arrested have to do with feminism, Alaois.

I don't know, ask the massive group of pissed off internet weirdoes you were defending!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Alaois posted:

I don't know, ask the massive group of pissed off internet weirdoes you were defending!

The one guy that used a hashtag and who I said was rightfully mocked? Even the imgur comments are taking that approach dude, lol.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Plus the outrage is bullshit, since this happened.

So all the dipshits getting mad at feminism are wrong for yet another reason.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

poptart_fairy posted:

The one guy that used a hashtag and who I said was rightfully mocked? Even the imgur comments are taking that approach dude, lol.

So, uh, what are you arguing about?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

CommunistPancake posted:

It's poptart_fairy, they don't even know.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

:nws: maybe: http://imgur.com/gallery/OFbK60c

Author's comments:

:airquote: Bad :airquote: replies:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

CommunistPancake posted:

I just find it funny that people getting angry over sexual assault are the ones portrayed as idiots.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

poptart_fairy posted:

I just find it funny that people getting angry over sexual assault are the ones portrayed as idiots.

No, it's the people getting mad about feminists instead of mad that someone got sexually assaulted who are portrayed as idiots.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The one person in that entire thing who got mad. Rare also quoted someone that didn't even mention feminism, focusing on the event itself. As I said even the comments in that thing rail against the final line.

Idiots on Imgur seems a bit dramatic when it's One Line And Alaois, really.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh, no what have I done

The argument will never die! Quick,

!

This is where we are heading

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I hate this Cakeday bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I hate that skeleton/"updoot" thing. I have no loving idea what it means but, like everything else in that loving community, it's been driven into the ground like a tent peg.

• Locked thread