Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeatShield.
Apr 4, 2015

so ive just jumped in, errythings good...
but navigating around this drat thing is wicked hard.
how do i send a request for the drat guild? even trying to pm is screwy.

if youve got time could you please invite me?

'lloyd swift'

else if i cant get this drat thing to work ill become a beater and sword art this shiznit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.
So, did they ever get controller support for this thing or is it still just able to walk around using one and nothing else?

Also, apparently there are places on the 10 v10 maps you can get stuck on and can't die to get out of and can't actually attack anyone because of sight blocking. I spent the last 1/4 of the match stuck between barrels and rocks in the cart pushing map.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Whoever turned the Invasion machine off is a loving genius. I've already done all of mine so it's just loving everybody else. Great timing.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

As far as adepts go, is there a consensus on what stat total they should have before they're worth enlightening? Should I be waiting for 8/10s or better, or is it not that important?

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Wallet posted:

As far as adepts go, is there a consensus on what stat total they should have before they're worth enlightening? Should I be waiting for 8/10s or better, or is it not that important?

If you play a lot, then obtaining resources for enlightenment stops becoming such a big deal. At later Order levels, the Amulets and etc. start raining down on you. A good estimate seems to be when you unlock the next tier of enlightenment, you'll be amassing resources enough to enlighten everyone to the tier below - that is to say, when you start picking up Purple Enlightenment (12K or so Prestige) items, you should be safe to upgrade everyone to Blue.

This also kind of depends on how fast your Order has progressed overall. I had a friend that started playing the same time as I did, and we were about as vigilant with our Order as each other, but he doubled my Order rank in two weeks because I had been unlucky with Follower missions while he had been lucky.

Either way, eventually it'll start snowballing to the point that you don't have to care so much.

e: Also, once you reach your currency cap, PvP bags give a fair bit of enlightenment resources, and you'll get a ton of enlightenment resources after capping your class sparks and while you work on your currency cap thru Holy Texts. If you at least play to capping currency thru Holy Texts, you'll definitely be drowning in the enlightenment resources.

a cat on an apple fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Sep 4, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
4/4 generally but I haven't gotten a single one worth a poo poo for the last 3 weeks and that stuff is piling up so I said gently caress it and am now just upgrading the ones that I have.

Sash23-83
Jan 23, 2010

lost
Because the materials become so abundant, I've dropped my standards for recruitment from 4/4 stats to at least 3/4 and was able to quickly get a full roster and will replace adepts as better ones come along. Since then though, about two and a half weeks now, just about everyone has been absolute poo poo.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Two days ago the best one I got was 3/1, the rest was 2/2 or lower. The RNG hates me. But seriously, unless you're low on materials don't worry about it, upgrade what you have, replacing them could take a long rear end time.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
Should I start the votes to unplug triumph/plug in ether projector?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
If i like games like wow and ffxiv and diablo 3 but couldn't get into guild wars 2 how much will I like this? And on a scale of wildstar to 10 how fun is this game?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

It's not really like any of those. The closest analog I can think of is PSO2 - run a bunch of instances, gain stats and gear, run the same instances at a higher difficulty for more stats and gear. You will be running some of this poo poo tens of times over.

Just like PSO2 you'll be running plenty of the squad adventures solo too :v:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
It's like Vindictus but less abusive.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
I hated gw2 and uninstalled really fast, and I quit playing diablo 3 because the patch changes and new items are so glacially implemented (plus no customer service). This game is pretty fun and I don't usually like this kind of game, but I missed out on PSO2 and now I feel like I have a chance to play it, although I wish we had something like mags to feed and help us, since running solo is kind of meh, and I don't like the fact that the equipment system is lovely.

I really wish there was a way to appoint your highest rated agent as some kind of follower you could bring into battle or something, they really missed out on making the agents into actual pets with their own equipment systems and stuff.

Washout fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Sep 5, 2015

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

Holyshoot posted:

If i like games like wow and ffxiv and diablo 3 but couldn't get into guild wars 2 how much will I like this? And on a scale of wildstar to 10 how fun is this game?

I've only been playing a couple of days, but I'm enjoying it. I'd give it a solid 7 at this point. But I haven't even unlocked all the systems yet. So there's that. It's free and only a 10 gig download. Just try it.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
The only big concern right now is that it might legit switch to a pay to win mode with the way events work, so hopefully they revamp them before bringing them to NA.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
They said they would but I'm not spending credits right now just to be safe.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

I super had to spend them on more backpack spots because of trophies, but I'll be saving all my credits from now on, how much do you need for the top tier rewards are they a million?

Edit: how many credits does $200 of argents get you? Because I think that's what it takes to get to 1000 points in one of those events.

These two "events" were not even events at all, they are just daily missions that you have to accelerate and poo poo to stand a prayer of getting enough points, since most of the time you only get 1 point per mission.

edit2: $200 of argents is almost 30 million credits if I did my math right, and I would quit instantly if they implemented something that blatantly pay to win. I think it would kill the game almost immediately. Someone on Reddit said they did the whole event without accelerating and not having any credits banked and he got a grand total of 14 points, keep in mind that in law and order you need 200 points for the first double chapel, and then 900 for the second, and in Grand Prix you need 150 for the free second ability set and then 750 for a third and forth that you have to pay for, and then 1000 for the fastest mount in the game to date.

Edit3: Never mind about saving up credits even, the mission on RU could only be accelerated by spending argents, not credits, at best needing 10k for 150 points or 15k for the 200 point one.

Washout fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Sep 5, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well yeah you have to get backpack slots but I have enough for now. It's an estimated 1.6 million for the rewards you really want but you don't have to have all of that up front and it's something weird about rushing missions so I'm also holding on to minus duration adepts and hoping for the best.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I would genuinely be surprised if the events landed with any significant changes to their mechanics. But I'm a cynic.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Kessel posted:

I would genuinely be surprised if the events landed with any significant changes to their mechanics. But I'm a cynic.

Based on a few posts I've read it costs 100 argents to accelerate the mission each time, and then 7500 credits to refresh the queue so you can do it again, so 200 points cuts directly to needing to buy 20k argents and also already having 1.5 million credits banked, otherwise you need to buy another 10000 argents for that too. And all that is just to get the first good basic reward of each event, $30 bucks x3 or x4 of that to get the good secondary rewards

Washout fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Sep 5, 2015

RobertDanger
Dec 4, 2003
Here comes danger!

I have looked in a lot of places on their forums and technical support. Has anyone had an issue running the skyforge loader initially to install the game? I am running windows 7 enterprise. I have made sure to unblock the launcher file and I have run all compatability modes but all it does is open and then immediately close in task manager. I have also excluded it in my av and made a firewall entry for it but it always auto opens and closes.

\/ I can't upgrade or downgrade the OS. Is there a way to download the game besides the launcher?

RobertDanger fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Sep 5, 2015

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

RobertDanger posted:

I have looked in a lot of places on their forums and technical support. Has anyone had an issue running the skyforge loader initially to install the game? I am running windows 7 enterprise. I have made sure to unblock the launcher file and I have run all compatability modes but all it does is open and then immediately close in task manager. I have also excluded it in my av and made a firewall entry for it but it always auto opens and closes.

Running Windows 7 ultimate I was able to Install it no issue last night.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Washout posted:

Based on a few posts I've read it costs 100 argents to accelerate the mission each time, and then 7500 credits to refresh the queue so you can do it again, so 200 points cuts directly to needing to buy 20k argents and also already having 1.5 million credits banked, otherwise you need to buy another 10000 argents for that too. And all that is just to get the first good basic reward of each event, $30 bucks x3 or x4 of that to get the good secondary rewards

I just found out that this is even more of a blatant cash grab than I thought, you also need race tickets for each time you run the race, and they are 2 argents each or 200 credits, except you need 30 tickets each time! So in total you need at least 2 million credits and 18,000 argents for 150 points in the event. Also acceleration of the race is 120 argents each time, and it does not decrease with time like missions do either, so you can't even save yourself some argents by say waiting 2 hours each time before accelerating or something.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I'll wait for the events to arrive to this version of the game and if they're as lovely as they were here in motherland then i'll probably just quit the game.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

RottenK posted:

I'll wait for the events to arrive to this version of the game and if they're as lovely as they were here in motherland then i'll probably just quit the game.

I'm pretty sure the majority of goons would feel the same way.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
I've put this game on hold to get a few caps saved up so I'm not aware of what's going on or coming - what are these events and why would they ruin the game?

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

MrBims posted:

I've put this game on hold to get a few caps saved up so I'm not aware of what's going on or coming - what are these events and why would they ruin the game?

As best I understand, the most upcoming one is basically just stuff you do with your Adepts, except playing at a normal Free rate will achieve nothing of value for you. By spending money, you can reach rewards that vary from quality of life (additional loadouts so you don't have to, say, respec between a PvE and PvP build) to raw undeniable power (faster mount, can select two chapels per province which means more stats which means more actual power that can not be achieved by a non-paying customer.)

There have been mentions somewhere that the intention is that it won't be so bad for the US/EU version, but it's somewhat doubtful.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
starting this up under iconic tonic. How do I whisper one of the people who can invite to the pantheon?

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 6, 2015

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

a cat on an apple posted:

As best I understand, the most upcoming one is basically just stuff you do with your Adepts, except playing at a normal Free rate will achieve nothing of value for you. By spending money, you can reach rewards that vary from quality of life (additional loadouts so you don't have to, say, respec between a PvE and PvP build) to raw undeniable power (faster mount, can select two chapels per province which means more stats which means more actual power that can not be achieved by a non-paying customer.)

There have been mentions somewhere that the intention is that it won't be so bad for the US/EU version, but it's somewhat doubtful.

That is exactly how the events are. You needed so many points to get the good rewards that it was literally impossible to get them all without using Argents. The missions take 8 hours, cost a unique resource, can only be sped up with Argents, and will give you only a single point unless you get extremely lucky.

But even with tons of Argents, people couldn't get the points for everything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzJGh4HrWlM Guy spent 42k Argents on the event and he didn't even get the second-to--last reward. Unless they change the events dramatically, don't even bother unless you're willing to whale out.

They'd make more money just putting this stuff directly in the cash shop, especially the cosmetic rewards.

RobertDanger
Dec 4, 2003
Here comes danger!

I was able to install and play. Can someone add heerui raelrath to the guild?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Schubalts posted:

That is exactly how the events are. You needed so many points to get the good rewards that it was literally impossible to get them all without using Argents. The missions take 8 hours, cost a unique resource, can only be sped up with Argents, and will give you only a single point unless you get extremely lucky.

But even with tons of Argents, people couldn't get the points for everything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzJGh4HrWlM Guy spent 42k Argents on the event and he didn't even get the second-to--last reward. Unless they change the events dramatically, don't even bother unless you're willing to whale out.

They'd make more money just putting this stuff directly in the cash shop, especially the cosmetic rewards.

How these events are run infuriates me, this is not an event at all, this is you clicking a button 100 times after spending a bunch for argents, why don't they just sell all this poo poo in the cash shop straight up.

Washout fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Sep 6, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I'm a bit burned out on the game right now but I'll be back eventually. This right there has me concerned though. That'd probably keep me away for good.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

How much could they reasonably change about the mechanics of the event, really?

US side certainly isn't going to write new code. They'll just localise it and call it a day. The most you might see are numerical tweaks.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Kessel posted:

How much could they reasonably change about the mechanics of the event, really?

US side certainly isn't going to write new code. They'll just localise it and call it a day. The most you might see are numerical tweaks.

I hear rumors that they made it "easier" somehow, what that mechanic is though no one knows.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Make the event longer, make the missions take less time and other poo poo, make rushing cheaper. Or just put all that poo poo in the cash shop, make the event reward titles and cosmetics only.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
The important rewards from those events, like multi-spec and additional active chapels, are later on purchasable from the marketplace fairly cheaply or obtainable as rewards from normal play. If that's what you're concerned about, don't be. If you care about the mounts/cosmetics though, you will likely still have to whale up.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

I want one of those gliders. Alien rhino and hover farmtruck just don't do it for me.

Actually, the farmtruck is kind of cool but having to buy it multiple times in increments of an hour to keep using it feels lame.

Space Skeleton fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 6, 2015

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
Is this game serious with it's implementation of 5 man dungeons? I just tried doing Mare Sacro Monastery and it was the most awkward and painful experience I've ever had in an MMO. Maybe I'm just bad and my group was bad, but jesus gently caress that was dumb.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

PriNGLeS posted:

Is this game serious with it's implementation of 5 man dungeons? I just tried doing Mare Sacro Monastery and it was the most awkward and painful experience I've ever had in an MMO. Maybe I'm just bad and my group was bad, but jesus gently caress that was dumb.

You may or may not be bad, your group was almost certainly bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
Pugging group dungeons improves greatly from Hespilon Temple forward. MSM and DF are just torture.

• Locked thread