Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I know the redwoods are in Cali cause that the hardest loving level in crusin 64

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

TheRealestMatt posted:

My favorite was during a podcast where we heard about an upcoming Kickstarter for something called Ukulele, and it was happening soon, which was supposed to be a spiritual successor to Banjo Kazooie. And the the immortal words were said, "No one loving cares about Banjo Kazooie."

The next day, Pat even said, "Man, I was so right about that! I checked my twitter and stuff, and no one complained! Haha, that KS is gonna fail."

Pat being super wrong about things and being made to look like a fool might be my favorite thing about him.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

My favourite Pat bit is the one where he explains how he tucks his bed and slides into it during his weird sleeping ritual.

Pat is great.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Andrast posted:

My favourite Pat bit is the one where he explains how he tucks his bed and slides into it during his weird sleeping ritual.

Pat is great.

I still have no idea how to process that sequence of words he said. Like I'm entirely unable to form a picture in my mind because it's so loving insane.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

TriffTshngo posted:

I still have no idea how to process that sequence of words he said. Like I'm entirely unable to form a picture in my mind because it's so loving insane.

It's not that crazy really. He tucks his sheets then gets into them from the top like putting a piece of paper in an envelope.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I think Liam pushing Pat over the edge by touching his TV was my favourite moment ever.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Woolie pushing Pat over the edge by using his bathroom

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pat is one step away from being one of the inmates from Psychonauts and I love it

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Depths posted:

Oh gently caress I forgot about that. "I come over here specifically to poop! I save it up for coming here!"

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

goldblums eyes posted:

It's not that crazy really. He tucks his sheets then gets into them from the top like putting a piece of paper in an envelope.

Is THAT what it is? Christ he takes like 2 minutes to explain it and he loses me after like 10 seconds.

It's still pretty crazy though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So uh...Fox Entertainment announced a megamon movie and the owner of Crunchyroll is the producer....?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I think Liam pushing Pat over the edge by touching his TV was my favourite moment ever.

Depths posted:

Where were these again? The TV was a fisticuffs right?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Tae posted:

So uh...Fox Entertainment announced a megamon movie and the owner of Crunchyroll is the producer....?

Will it come out before Mighty Number 9?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Where were these again? The TV was a fisticuffs right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpWwbcnVOQk

This was the TV-touching incident.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
The mouse dropping incident is pretty good too.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

I think it's funny they talk about having passes to play games before other people at cons when they all poo poo talked people that buy passes to go ahead of the line on theme park rides

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, now I'm confused. I thought Big Boss' right eye was fine. Also, supposedly he's the former villain of one of the games?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Okay, now I'm confused. I thought Big Boss' right eye was fine. Also, supposedly he's the former villain of one of the games?

He is the entire point of the franchise. You "kill" him in the original MG 1 and 2, and the rest of the franchise is about him or getting his DNA.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

RareAcumen posted:

Solidus was the one missing his left eye. Big Boss's are reversed.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

The only "main series" game that doesn't center around Big Boss in some way either as a villain (MG1, MG2), hero (MGS3, PoOps, Peacewalker, MGSV), or a macguffin corpse (MGS, MGS4) is MGS2.

He had an eyepatch in his portraits in MG1 and MG2 so near the end of MGS3 you see young Ocelot accidentally shooting his eye out during a cutscene. I don't think it's ever explained if he got his damaged eye removed, replaced, or what since you only ever see it covered in blood before you get the eyepatch in Snake Eater, so nobody is sure what's up with the in-tact-though-probably?-non-functional eye he has in the prologue.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

The only "main series" game that doesn't center around Big Boss in some way either as a villain (MG1, MG2), hero (MGS3, PoOps, Peacewalker, MGSV), or a macguffin corpse (MGS, MGS4) is MGS2.

He had an eyepatch in his portraits in MG1 and MG2 so near the end of MGS3 you see young Ocelot accidentally shooting his eye out during a cutscene. I don't think it's ever explained if he got his damaged eye removed, replaced, or what since you only ever see it covered in blood before you get the eyepatch in Snake Eater, so nobody is sure what's up with the in-tact-though-probably?-non-functional eye he has in the prologue.

And even then, there's 2 and a quarter Big Boss clones running around in MGS2.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

He is the entire point of the franchise. You "kill" him in the original MG 1 and 2, and the rest of the franchise is about him or getting his DNA.

I never watched Let's Plays of the original Metal Gears so alright. And in general, Metal Gear plots have never managed to 'stick' in my head well like other game plots. I can tell you what happened in a Sonic Adventure game easier than I could explain a Metal Gear Solid.

Strange Quark posted:

Solidus was the one missing his left eye. Big Boss's are reversed.

The right one looks like its fine is what's confusing me. The other one looks milky white and I would've assumed that's the defective one.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
That's a mirror.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Red Metal posted:

That's a mirror.

No way, adding reflections is too complicated for games, don't you know better? :colbert:

Holy poo poo, how did I not process this? No wonder I was confused.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014
Look, all I can say is it's gonna be a bumpy ride. Confusion's part of it.
Of course you have a whole bunch of people to sort out and answer any and all questions.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

TriffTshngo posted:

Even geniuses need editors sometimes. MGS2 and 4 speak volumes to that. Not every idea that comes out of Kojima's head is a gold medal.

Yeah. I think Kojima's a loving fantastic director and...scenario writer for lack of a better term. It's just a shame that he's the sort of guy who also has to have total control over the writing, because while I like some of his conceptual/philosophical idea stuff, the quality of his actual writing is loving mixed, to say the least.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Big Boss never actually lost his eye. He was blinded by the muzzle flash from Ocelot's gun. :eng101:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Genetic Toaster posted:

Big Boss never actually lost his eye. He was blinded by the muzzle flash from Ocelot's gun. :eng101:

I didn't mean 'lost' as in gone like his hand. I meant 'lost' as in lost functionality in it.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

hoobajoo posted:

To be fair to Pat, it would be weird to go through life assuming you're super wrong all the time. Like, there's no way to know what things you're sure about are wrong, so you just assume they're all right until proven otherwise.

And as a Californian, saying the redwoods aren't real was one of the funniest moments for me, period. R2H was the gift that kept on giving.

No, most normal people just go through life acknowledging that there is a possibility they're wrong when they're just guessing about something or rattling off from memory. Pat just goes all in 100% with it, until proven otherwise (again and again and again).

Anyway, I'm really liking the Until Dawn playthrough, but I wonder how long it's going to take him to realize that's not Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 5, 2015

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

this mgs5 stuff looks insane I can't wait

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Jesus christ this scrublords.
After watching them try and fail to get the inputs i managed to find the manual for the game on steam.
I am not surprised at all that they didnt figure them out.
Also i do not understand half of the mechanics in this game

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/351420/manuals/vc_gameguide.pdf?t=1424103219

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
This has to be the worst game they've played so far for scrublords

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

This is what I want from Scrublords. More of this.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I will never tire of the best friends finding a real dumb bug then QA testing the hell out of that bug on the spot.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I don't think anything will ever top their discovery in that schoolgirl fighting game that throws don't work if you're blocking them.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Wait I take it back my favorite pat freakout is when matt has a schedule conflict during the chrono trigger lp and you can clearly hear girls coming over and noticing them. He gets super salty

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Fraulein helga, destroyer of scrublords

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Captain Invictus posted:

Fraulein helga, destroyer of scrublords

I hope she gets added to the Lore. She's too powerful to be ignored.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
There are movelists in the manual, but every move input looks like a Mortal Kombat fatality input.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
My understanding of the Pat-in-bed thing is that instead of doing it like a normal person:

1. fold back blanket/sheets
2. place body upon mattress
3. fold blanket/sheets back over body, fix up as needed

he starts by perfecting the blanket/sheets, then crawls into bed headfirst. It's not clear to me if he untucks the foot end of the blanket and shimmies up to the pillows (tucking it back in behind), or goes headfirst DOWN the bed, then rotates 180* until his head and feet are in the correct positions. I guess it's also possible he goes in feetfirst, like a child down a slide, but my heart tells me this is wrong.