Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpfQsFjBk2A

I saw one of the Good Game presenters mention "Dropsy" on their twitter feed and I was like "hey, I know that clown!". I didn't realise you'd progressed to full game-ness, I hope it generates some good interest for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Kat Delacour posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpfQsFjBk2A

I saw one of the Good Game presenters mention "Dropsy" on their twitter feed and I was like "hey, I know that clown!". I didn't realise you'd progressed to full game-ness, I hope it generates some good interest for you.

Thanks! That is such a good video! I love how he presented it. :3

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
I'm impressed that your product somehow led my friend Keith to spend a day being even more creepy than usual.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I am so pumped for this game.

e: I hope the claymation part is somewhere in the game.

Arrrthritis fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 4, 2015

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
;)

EricFate posted:

I'm impressed that your product somehow led my friend Keith to spend a day being even more creepy than usual.

Ha! Keith is such a solid dude. Had a great time meeting/hanging out with him. I was slightly disappointed that he wasn't willing to remove his hands for the role though. Review build going out soon! :S

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Gaspy Conana posted:

;)

Ha! Keith is such a solid dude. Had a great time meeting/hanging out with him. I was slightly disappointed that he wasn't willing to remove his hands for the role though. Review build going out soon! :S

Did you at least moisten him.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Megazver posted:

Did you at least moisten him.

Oh he was plenty moist.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Between this and Armikrog, it's looking like a great month for adventure games. :yum:

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Gaspy Conana posted:

Review build going out soon! :S

There was a Steam update for the game yesteday-ish. Shall we still beta-test and send feedback?

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

AbstractNapper posted:

There was a Steam update for the game yesteday-ish. Shall we still beta-test and send feedback?

If you want, but chances are we've got most of the issues in that build noted. I wouldn't worry about it unless you really wanna play again. :)

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Gaspy Conana posted:

If you want, but chances are we've got most of the issues in that build noted. I wouldn't worry about it unless you really wanna play again. :)

ok, then. I'll send a quick one. :)

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
Oh hi how loving weird that this is a real game. I remember these threads and I like adventure games. I will give you dollar bills in exchange for an adventure.

dogdisaster
May 31, 2014

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I thought this was released Tuesday so I'm bummed out I'll be waiting 2 more days. It looks great though.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What a month

Mgs v, dropsy, Mario maker

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Thanks guys! :)

I'm gonna make a new thread in the morning. This one is ancient and I'd like to make one exclusively for chat about the game!

There will be two versions up tomorrow - normal for $9.99 and Warm Damp Hug edition for $19.99 including Chris Schlarb's OST, my EP (dreamworld music), and the Book of Secrets which has ~100 pages of sketches/design charts/yadda yadda.

Here's some bonus gameplay. It's pretty dang spoilery, so don't watch if you're gonna play it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga1Mrx9r1mc

GewuerzKahn
Jan 7, 2014

My opposable nipples are hurting me.
I preorderd Dropsy over Humble Bundle. When do I get the Steam Key?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I pledged to the Kickstarter but I didn't respond to the beta backer e-mail thing because I've been too busy and also I had a selfish desire to play the game ~fresh~ and not burn myself out on the early build. Should I respond to the beta tester request e-mail to get my backer key?

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
^^^ I'm brute force sending all of the keys today. It may take a while, but you'll get it soon enough. :)

GewuerzKahn posted:

I preorderd Dropsy over Humble Bundle. When do I get the Steam Key?

You should have it by now? Check your humble account maybe. They're on weird business hours.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Man, I just cannot figure out how to get the Tire from out of the tree. I think I have to get an object that can reach it, or maybe get the bird costume from the guy on the street, but idk where the former is or how to get the latter.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Arrrthritis posted:

Man, I just cannot figure out how to get the Tire from out of the tree. I think I have to get an object that can reach it, or maybe get the bird costume from the guy on the street, but idk where the former is or how to get the latter.

Some people just need extra love.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I can't play this till tomorrow and I have to balance my time between this and Mario maker

Gamer problems

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Been watching this thread and waiting for today - just bought the game and stoked to check it out after work tonight.

Congratulations to having the game available on steam! That's like a dream and I'm happy to support all who've been involved with the project!

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Thanks y'all. :) Just a note: if you guys are in the part where you visit the Junkyard interior for the first time, don't try to click the exit out into the desert - there's a bug there and you won't be able to get in again unless you load a save. :S

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib
If I got a beta tester key, am I going to get a second key? I usually only play free video games or things from 10-20 years ago and have no idea how this usually works.

Also holy crap this is actually a finished game and something people are able to play. I can hardly believe how far this has come. Probably not as much as you, Gaspy :)

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

OH MAN, the Wall of Hugs is such a drat good addition to this game. In second place ofc is the Map of Piss

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Gaspy Conana posted:

^^^ I'm brute force sending all of the keys today. It may take a while, but you'll get it soon enough. :)

Hey thanks! I'm willing to wait for Dropsy, I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss his arrival.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Congrats Dropsy you beat Star Citizen to the finish line! :toot:

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety
Your trailer is too good to not show off repeatedly embedded here, it's beautiful man! I really want to see a crowd of people singing along to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It72E3EbJNk&hd=1

I feel bad not getting you something for it (you were supposed to bug me!!), if you're still doing work on things for the next few weeks definitely talk to me if there's anything weird you'd like that I can do for you.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Hey man I didn't support you on kickstarter cuz you had a history of dropping out midway through your previous games/threads but you should be really proud of this one and I'ma buy the wet fart edition soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmK_iqJNh4U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzJIHdYvJ4E

You've come a long way dawg.

dogdisaster
May 31, 2014

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
so if we bought the preorder from humblebundle there's no way to upgrade to the Warm Damp hug Ed.? Wanting that OST.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Arrrthritis posted:

OH MAN, the Wall of Hugs is such a drat good addition to this game.

I'll second this. I was delighted when made the connection between the things I had been doing in the world and the things which had shown up there between visits.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Just want to say, congrats on your release! The trailer looks amazing.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
really confused about what to do now that I'm in the mine. I got the pages in the mouse tunnels, I shut off the laser and I removed the grate,. but how exactly do I flip the switch to get in? This has been the only part to super stump me since I got started.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Colon Semicolon posted:

really confused about what to do now that I'm in the mine. I got the pages in the mouse tunnels, I shut off the laser and I removed the grate,. but how exactly do I flip the switch to get in? This has been the only part to super stump me since I got started.

send birdy through the tunnel to the right, where the mouse knocked the grate out

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

So I went to bed after getting the Car and meeting up with the drug/food manufacturer, now my birdie friend is gone. Is this working as intended or do I need to load a saved game?

For reference, I did not rescue the birdie's mom at this point. I was going to but then I got stumped.

e: NEVERMIND figured it out. Working as intended.

Arrrthritis fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 11, 2015

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009
I'm terrible at these and need a hint at how to get the chicken disguise from the guy. i can't tell what he's yelling about or what the logical step towards helping him could be. he hates digging, and dropsy is all I can gather

Edit: Also, great work on the game. The dream sequences in this game are top notch! I just discovered the original thread and i have it saved to read because it looks fantastic.

Edit2: "Schnar Schnare!" church lady is killing me.

Edit3: Got it, great hint.

Lifepuzzler fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 11, 2015

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Lifepuzzler posted:

I'm terrible at these and need a hint at how to get the chicken disguise from the guy. i can't tell what he's yelling about or what the logical step towards helping him could be. he hates digging, and dropsy is all I can gather

Edit: Also, great work on the game. The dream sequences in this game are top notch! I just discovered the original thread and i have it saved to read because it looks fantastic.

Got stuck at the same place. This is the hint I was given.

Gaspy Conana posted:

Some people just need extra love.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I really want a gif of that 'fast traveling with the crew' animation :3:

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

How the heck do I enter The mines? So far i've Gotten the card from the CEO's office, and dug up all the dead bodies in front of them. I want to use the flute-ish looking thing or combine it with something but idk what and I wanna rescue my doggie :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009
Loving this game, I just purchased the OST because its fantastic. Reminds me a lot of FEZ in some of the more ambient songs.

Problem is I always get stuck on some simple bullshit.
How do I even get goddamn dad's medicine? I can get the mouse into the building through the vent but it seems like he bugs out and runs under the door then refuses to run into the building any further?

edit1:Hmm, actually never mind I just stumbled into the guy in the graveyard. Maybe that was it.
edit2: Got it! That was a fun game segment. Disappointed that Dropsy could not hug the robots

Lifepuzzler fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Sep 11, 2015

• Locked thread