Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Rumors Atlanta tried to trade for TWest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Forever_Peace posted:

Rumors Atlanta tried to trade for TWest.

Dallas too.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Oh hey, Lions cut Winn. Looks like Zenner made the final 53 after all! Had a nice special teams tackle that probably pushed him over the edge.

I'd consider ZZ the Joique handcuff now, with a chance to push for carries outright in the timeshare with Abdullah. Still prefer Khiry and Zo for redraft bench though.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Zach Zenner domination station itt

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
why the gently caress do people join a league just to ignore every trade offer I send? I dont get it. Nobody in my league will trade at all, lame!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Stop making bad trade offers lol.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Same with my league. Unless they are fleecing someone, it's "not a good trade."

The best is the guy who offers you terrible trades and then has some story about how the guy he's offering is so much more valuable than the guy he's asking for, yet he still wants to give him away.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Wait, Titans cut Nicks AND McBride? Is DGB that close to taking on big share? How can they only roster 4 wrs? Surely they'd bring in a 5th?

Paging Metapod - wtf is your team doing.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The problem with fantasy trading is that it's all based on people's magical perceptions of how good their players are, so even if you make what might be a fair trade on paper the guy you're trading with might think you're trying to rip him off.

In his defense, you probably are, because fantasy trades are very rarely actually even and the implication with most of them is "Hey I think the guy you have is better than the guy I'm giving you" but with a whole lot of "Hey you could totally use my WR2 and have too many RB1's anyway" spin attached.

Basically fantasy trading is the worst god bless.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

Same with my league. Unless they are fleecing someone, it's "not a good trade."

The best is the guy who offers you terrible trades and then has some story about how the guy he's offering is so much more valuable than the guy he's asking for, yet he still wants to give him away.

Or the guy offering three mediocre to bad guys for your superstar. Look at the value you're receiving!

Forever_Peace posted:

Wait, Titans cut Nicks AND McBride? Is DGB that close to taking on big share? How can they only roster 4 wrs? Surely they'd bring in a 5th?

Paging Metapod - wtf is your team doing.

My shares in Kendall Wright are looking up this morning.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

You don't want to trade Le'Veon for my Martavis and Golden Tate lmao bro ok good luck this season with no WR depth

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Trades before week one in redraft make me laugh. It's basically the worst time to trade because everyone's still got that shiny new toy feeling on them. Best time for trade is underperforming guys in weeks 3 and 4 due to schedule or other factors.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
FYI, Giants waived James Jones. Rueben Randle is an underrated pick up.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rueben Randle will never fool me again. There's no place for you on this team.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

kiimo posted:

Rueben Randle will never fool me again. There's no place for you on this team.

Unrosterable in leagues smaller than 14 imo.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Reggie Wayne looks to be out also, so that's a plus sign for LaFell.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Pick up LaFell off the waivers or Coleman (Saints)?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

89 posted:

Pick up LaFell off the waivers or Coleman (Saints)?

PPR Coleman standard LaFell imo

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Randle is a moron who can't run a route and is responsible for a hilarious number of interceptions, but he still plays a lot of snaps and gets a lot of targets because New York Football Giants. He's good to plug in if your WRs are garbage or on byes and you need a starter, but lottery tickets are a better use of bench space.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I just nabbed DGB off waivers. He might be too raw to contribute this year but the dude is an athletic freak of nature that would have been a top 10 pick if he didn't gently caress up in college so much.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Reggie Wayne released... No Comment.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

kiimo posted:

Stop making bad trade offers lol.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't respond even if I offered them eddie lacy and antonio brown for tannehill. It has nothing been to do with the quality of my trade offers; they simply just don't trade.

I mean obviously I'm trying to come out on top but its not like I'm trying to gently caress him over that bad. They're just the type of people that don't really trade ever and I think it's lame. Whatever though, I'm confident I can make it to the playoffs at least without making any trades.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Pick 1: Josh Hill, Ben Watson

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was just kidding zelda.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Someone dig up all the posts with dudes here saying to drop guys to pick up Wayne

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Green Bay will probably pick Jones up, no?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Doltos posted:

I just nabbed DGB off waivers. He might be too raw to contribute this year but the dude is an athletic freak of nature that would have been a top 10 pick if he didn't gently caress up in college so much.

I can't say enough about how hard it is for a guy to be the #1 recruit on Rivals in the country and be from St. Louis where you are a state legend and then choose the University of Missouri and manage to get kicked off the team. I'm usually all about "draft the weed guy" but it's a little different when the weed guy is actually trafficking the weed. He maybe learned his lesson but I'm thinking the chances are much greater that he's an asshat who is a hair away from getting arrested again. Use caution.

pmchem posted:

Someone dig up all the posts with dudes here saying to drop guys to pick up Wayne

kiimo posted:

Should I drop Kendall Wright to pick up Reggie Wayne?

I was talked out of it, thankfully.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 5, 2015

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

LmaoTheKid posted:

Trades before week one in redraft make me laugh. It's basically the worst time to trade because everyone's still got that shiny new toy feeling on them. Best time for trade is underperforming guys in weeks 3 and 4 due to schedule or other factors.

Seriously. Unless it's a godfather offer I'm ignoring it.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I'm hoping my league has more trade action this year. Last year I think a total of two trades went through and I was involved in both.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Lafell to PUP lololol
Please stop trying to squeeze value out of anyone on that team not named Brady/Gronk/Edellmen (so?) and MAYBE Blount.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

Lafell to PUP lololol
Please stop trying to squeeze value out of anyone on that team not named Brady/Gronk/Edellmen (so?) and MAYBE Blount.

Motherfucker. They just took him OFF pup like a few days ago. Lol.

Duron Carter cut.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

LmaoTheKid posted:

Green Bay will probably pick Jones up, no?

Probably not. They still have Cobb and Adams and usually like prospects/special teams guys for the rest.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

LmaoTheKid posted:

seriously

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

We had Shanihanigans, what are we calling OL Sleeveless' antics?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Is Sankey worthless? He was dropped. David Johnson is currently my last RB. I have a lot of who knows RBs like Randle and Crowell.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

LmaoTheKid posted:

We had Shanihanigans, what are we calling OL Sleeveless' antics?

Belichicanery

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

LmaoTheKid posted:

Lafell to PUP lololol

Wow, I almost nabbed him yesterday and decided to wait since there didn't seem to be much activity in my league so I figured I'd have time to think it over

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Spoeank posted:

Belichicanery

drat. That's good.

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004
With the Jonas Gray news, which RB has the best short term (week 1, possibly week 2) value; DeAngelo Williams or Brandon Bolden?

I hosed up my draft and ended up with both Bell (RB1) and Blount (Flex) so looking for something to tide me over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Williams. Brandon Bolden could get 90% of the snaps or 10% of them.

• Locked thread