Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

What? I thought that was "fair dinkum".

Dinky di is a mangling of dinkum, back from when Australian slang went out of it's way to be impenetrable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Yeah, like many other games resources are a pain at first and too easy by mid game.

It would probably be better balanced if strongholds supplied resources at a set rate like the scrap rather than every single time you fast travel you are filled to the brim. Or maybe if chum could only get the car mostly fixed without going back to a garage.

Then again, I try hard not to abuse it and routinely go attack strong holds while virtually out of supplies. The challenge is more fun.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

drunkill posted:

I liked this Top Dog encounter in a ruined towns basement. Unexpected.

I found him right after a storm. Too bad I didn't keep going during the storm, but a loot crate wedged itself in a window and I didn't want to leave it :v:

Speaking of storms:

If it weren't me, the winds would've got ya :black101:

Clotheslined this chump STRAIGHT TO HELL AS THE STORM HIT BAH GAWD WHAT A SLOBBERKNOCKER :bahgawd:

Embrace that light aww yeah

I then scooped up three giant loot crates and went to Gutgash because I nearly died like three times :v:

But once I got inside, there were even more crates on the radar so gently caress it go go go. Saw this dude on my way out and dang my car looks sick

Chasing storms is very profitable.

Edit:

Attention Horse posted:

Go into the video mode, set up a filter that you like and mess around with depth of field if you want (it can look really cool sometimes), then set "Show HUD" to ON, and start the video mode. It will show the tutorial for the second controller (skip that), and then you can play with the filters on all the time.

Oh nice, I was wondering about that when I goofed around with video mode :D

holy poo poo :stare:

Also there needs to be a mod or something that lets me make the Magnum Opus sound like The Twelve, good lord that thing sounds angry.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 5, 2015

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I stole a Buzzard car and it sounded like a steam train from hell. Seriously, try stealing some enemy cars, some them have real awesome exhaust notes.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Attention Horse posted:

This is a cool and pretty game.

I also love the fact that you can play with all the video filters all the time, even when you're not in photo/video mode.
I absolutely adore the way the wind turbines look in this game, they're hands down one of the most striking backdrops in any post apocalyptic movie or game. Not to get all arty but I love that they look like wilted flowers and their petals have fallen to the ground. I want a wallpaper of them.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Anyone else notice that Pink Eye's platform looks like Auntie Entity's (Tina Turner's) from Beyond Thunderdome?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Capn Beeb posted:

But once I got inside, there were even more crates on the radar so gently caress it go go go. Saw this dude on my way out and dang my car looks sick

This is a really good shot! Love it.

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I have to give these guys credit, they are really good at making ten or fifteen different types of desert look different from each other.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

The screenshot tool really seems to be the most innovative thing about the game (and makes me want it in every game), and it's amazingly smart of them to make it as cool as it is - it makes it super easy to show off the game, and it's fun to mess around with by itself. Doesn't hurt that the game is pretty drat well optimized and runs really well at high settings on my mediocre card.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Speedball posted:

I have to give these guys credit, they are really good at making ten or fifteen different types of desert look different from each other.
Just Cause 2 had utterly, amazingly gorgeous outdoor environments too. Granted, they were considerably more varied than what this game seems to have to offer, but there still seem to be a bunch of really good artists at Avalanche.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Man, it would be so cool if there were FRIENDLY vehicles around and you could watch skirmishes between factions and the more you cleared out a domain the more friendly vehicles there'd be just patroling.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

drat this game looks nice

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
War Boys really go all out when they want to try and kill you :stare:

(HD version https://gfycat.com/LeftPotableGermanwirehairedpointer)

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Awoooooooooo

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Zsinjeh posted:

War Boys really go all out when they want to try and kill you :stare:

(HD version https://gfycat.com/LeftPotableGermanwirehairedpointer)

I love how Max just punches the car afterwards. Gotta keep that Fury combo rolling :madmax:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

girth brooks part 2 posted:

Americans pronounce that way because here the word dinky, like Chumbucket says it, is a term for small or unimportant. It looks like some cute nonsense word based off that to us.

Yeah I think we're talking about two different things here. I know "Dinky", I meant the second part of that hyphenated phrase, "Di". I mentally pronounced it "Die" when I saw it in the film and then Chumbucket pronounced it "Dee".

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

King Vidiot posted:

Yeah I think we're talking about two different things here. I know "Dinky", I meant the second part of that hyphenated phrase, "Di". I mentally pronounced it "Die" when I saw it in the film and then Chumbucket pronounced it "Dee".

Yeah I totally misunderstood. That makes way more sense.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

"storm's coming, chum, time to get that loot."

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
I have never had this much fun beating people to death in a storm.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I love how there's an incentive for going into a storm. gently caress seeking shelter, time to armor up the Magnum Opus, and drive right in get some muthaloot. :black101:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
How long till I can actually match vehicles with the magnum opus? That car is hella weak at the beginning. I just got the Sniper rifle.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Do you just drive around in a storm discovering loot crates and then go back and open them all after?

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
Harpoon them, drag them somewhere that's not exposed to the wind, get out and loot the crates, repeat.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Sure I'm only at 1/4 health, but the clouds went away! Time to grab that last box of loot before it despawns.

:fuckoff:

The debris physics will never stop amusing me.

SentinelXS
Aug 30, 2009

Why don't you make like a tree, and FUCK OFF?
I had a storm hit right after I had killed all the warboys in a camp and left the war crier alive (you're not supposed to kill them). The storm flung him all over the place, still suspended by the cable, and it was hilarious.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

I found him right after a storm. Too bad I didn't keep going during the storm, but a loot crate wedged itself in a window and I didn't want to leave it :v:

I was surprised when I found him in the basement of the ruined buildings, it was the first Roadkill "camp" I had actually seen (previously only saw 3-5 or so of them in ruined boats and such or out on the road), had no clue that faction had a Top Dog enemy. Do the Buzzards have them too?

SentinelXS posted:

I had a storm hit right after I had killed all the warboys in a camp and left the war crier alive (you're not supposed to kill them). The storm flung him all over the place, still suspended by the cable, and it was hilarious.

I like leaving them up while I'm 100%-ing the camps just to hear the poo poo they say.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I only had my first non-scripted storm encounter a bit ago, and at first I had no idea what was going on since I was in a camp that was mostly closed-off and I couldn't tell it was storming. Max just suddenly starting doing air cartwheels, and it took a few times to realize what was happening.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Anyone found the second piece of scrap in the spot where you get the Die Rolla body?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Kinda wish the War Crier would stick around if you completed the camp without killing him. All the people who populate it afterwards seem so dismal, they could use some rousing percussion.

Hello Sailor posted:

Anyone found the second piece of scrap in the spot where you get the Die Rolla body?

I remember having trouble with this one. Is there a metal cargo trailer with red x's on the door? Try harpooning it.

Gnome de plume fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 6, 2015

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Gnome de plume posted:

Kinda wish the War Crier would stick around if you completed the camp without killing him. All the people who populate it afterwards seem so dismal, they could use some rousing percussion.

Play us the song of your people, War Crier!

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I got so much air hitting a ramp, it felt like a scene out of The Wizard of Oz

Round #3

X9PX6W25X22M
7JKC3LV56JWN
4K3RHMK2N6NV
W3RPTL2PXK7M
TP8H68N2M29X

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 6, 2015

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Took this one, thank you kindly.

Mingo
May 7, 2007
the Merciless
7JKC3LV56JWN

Got this one. Thanks!

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
My map stopped working, its a bug and you just have to hope it starts working again soon

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

It's amazing that I can max literally every graphics setting on my 4-year-old mid-range computer.

Capn Beeb posted:

Chasing storms is very profitable.

What settings/preset are you running here?

Grabbed the top one. Thanks!

Anybody figured out where to enter it? :v:

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Sep 6, 2015

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
My obligatory contribution to the "Welcome to Gastown" screenshot collection:

If you're not barfing fire everywhere I don't want to know you.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

SAD MAX

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

I guess it's hard to get menacing VAs and stuff but man the Top Dogs all sound like they belong in Shadow of Mordor.

Mozi posted:

That _might_ not really be a coincidence.

I swear to god one said, "Stand still and lemme kill ya, Ranger," so I would not be entirely surprised

Darwinism fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
That _might_ not really be a coincidence.

• Locked thread