Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

in new mario its just like a one time flutter jump, in mario maker it has the world property of letting you bounce on deadly stuff

!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i will proudly display my mario maker aiimbo on my desk next to my 3DS charging cradle

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book posted:

new mario in mario maker also has the mario world spin, so that + wall jump will make for some cool stuff

Holy poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The tanooki suit in NSMBU is really fun and I want to make levels like the gliding challenge courses

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i like the levels where you ride a giant wiggler

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

new mario in mario maker also has the mario world spin, so that + wall jump will make for some cool stuff

oh poo poo

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

writer is dumb enough to claim that Mario isn't in SML3. an embarrassment to competent journalists everywhere. i'm going to attach a chain-chomp to a blooper.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Can you make scrolling levels on down/up directions as well? Those where you have to quickly climb a tower/castle were really tight.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Can you make scrolling levels on down/up directions as well? Those where you have to quickly climb a tower/castle were really tight.

no

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Those levels are stressful

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

elf help book posted:

!!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's epic that PhD's in English are always incapable of writing poo poo anyone in their right mind would want to read. lmfao

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

It's epic that PhD's in English are always incapable of writing poo poo anyone in their right mind would want to read. lmfao

I didn't know that you were a PhD in English.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

no they will not posted:

I didn't know that you were a PhD in English.

:greenangel:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
In five days time I will be sat in front of my TV surrounded all my levels plans. Where will you be on 9/11? I will never forget

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

VideoGames posted:

In five days time I will be sat in front of my TV surrounded all my levels plans. Where will you be on 9/11? I will never forget

Im going to be watching anime and making levels during the OP,ED and Next Episode Previews

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't have plans.. I'm just going to go off the dome.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Idea #1: I am going to use the transit between the sub-world and main world with pipes to make a world in the NSMBU theme that gives you the illusion of an eight-screen wall-jumping climb with the super acorn, avoiding spikes and enemies.

My daughter promises to make levels that are "really hard" with "lots of bad guys."

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Sep 5, 2015

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Otisburg posted:

My daughter promises to make levels that are "really hard" with "lots of bad guys."

This sounds both intimidating and fun, and I look forward to stepping up to her challenge.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I wanted to make a downward vertical auto-scroller based on the idea of a single gigantic warp pipe, but apparently that's impossible.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Bongo Bill posted:

I wanted to make a downward vertical auto-scroller based on the idea of a single gigantic warp pipe, but apparently that's impossible.

I'm pretty bummed in general about the lack of vertical action, considering the amount of "climing" in NSMBU, particularly the castles.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

If I made a vertical autoscroller I'd do a stressful one where you have to climb down by ground pounding blocks under the risk of being crushed by the ceiling but doing so without looking what's below might be deadly.

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

drat, maybe they'll patch in support for vertical scrolling levels later due to fan demand... right??

Can you make vertical levels at all?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i wouldnt mind being able to use the Galaxy spinjump because i've been playing it a lot and it's good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

i wouldnt mind being able to use the Galaxy spinjump because i've been playing it a lot and it's good
I don't think it would add that much to a 2-D Mario game. It seems pretty specific to Galaxy, which doesn't control much like other Marios, 2-D or 3-D.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
There was something similar to it in New Super Mario Brothers, but it was super dinky and felt near useless.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i genuinely think the amount of love this game will get will cause dlc where level styles and slopes and all manner of poo poo are included. if lucky it might even be free like splatoon.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

VideoGames posted:

i genuinely think the amount of love this game will get will cause dlc where level styles and slopes and all manner of poo poo are included. if lucky it might even be free like splatoon.

Splatoon dlc wasn't really dlc, since almost all of it was on-disc content that unlocked at certain dates.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

There was something similar to it in New Super Mario Brothers, but it was super dinky and felt near useless.

the twirl? that was incredibly useful for clearing certain jumps

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

sharrrk posted:

the twirl? that was incredibly useful for clearing certain jumps

Finally started playing NSMBU today and it's pretty nice for gaining a bit of horizontal distance.

NSMBU is pretty decent so far after two worlds, though this being the fourth NSMB game I've played has taken away a bit of the wow factor. Still good practice for making Marios though.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
my memory of the twirl might be skewed by how long it's been

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I am pretty sure Mario Maker does have the NSMB "air stall" which is apparently the actual name of that move.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I kept fuckin up in mario 3d world cuz I would try to use the new mario spin

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

is boo mario in Mario Maker?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Bring back bunny rabbit mario from Mario Land 2. Also the 3D World cat suit

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Bolverkur posted:

is boo mario in Mario Maker?

Unfortunately not.

Pretty sure the only Mario powers are Super, Fire, Star, Amiibo/Raccoon/Cape/Propeller (depending on the level set), Shell Helmet (unique to this game, makes you immune to stuff like Thwomps), and access to Kuribo's Shoe (SMB1/SMB3) / Yoshi (SMW/NSMBU). Might have missed one or two though

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Unfortunately not.

Pretty sure the only Mario powers are Super, Fire, Star, Amiibo/Raccoon/Cape/Propeller (depending on the level set), Shell Helmet (unique to this game, makes you immune to stuff like Thwomps), and access to Kuribo's Shoe (SMB1/SMB3) / Yoshi (SMW/NSMBU). Might have missed one or two though

that is a pretty goddamn epic list

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Mega64 posted:

Unfortunately not.

Basically the only thing missing is the Tanooki Suit, and, hell, if that's the price of access to Kuribo's Shoe, so be it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Basically the only thing missing is the Tanooki Suit, and, hell, if that's the price of access to Kuribo's Shoe, so be it.

Maybe you can shake the regular leaf and turn it into a tanooki suit.

• Locked thread