Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Is anyone else tired of watching Jeb limply slap at Trumps kiloton truth bombs?

Trick question. It never gets old.

I won't be satisfied until he really loses it and raises his voice or swears or something when asked about Trump in recorded press briefing. Trump isn't going to stop and this guy has no clue at all of how to handle this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I really thought that the "Jeb doesn't even speak English at home like a proper American!" bit would be the below-the-belt hit that would either fire Jeb up or at least stop the Trumpmentum, but I guess not. If that's not a sufficiently lovely thing to say to turn people against you, I don't know what would be.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

PT6A posted:

I really thought that the "Jeb doesn't even speak English at home like a proper American!" bit would be the below-the-belt hit that would either fire Jeb up or at least stop the Trumpmentum, but I guess not. If that's not a sufficiently lovely thing to say to turn people against you, I don't know what would be.

Every time Trump slaps away someones attack I think of that scene from Clear and Present Danger when Jack Ryan tells the President how to handle the fact that he was friends with a major drug smuggler.

Trump wins because he gives the reporters nowhere to go. Ask Jeb bush if he supports deportation and he dances around it, finally says yes (maybe), and then backpedals a day later all of which makes for a great story. Trump just says "Yes" every time and by the second or third time they stop asking because there's no story.

EDIT: Well drat, never mind he's toast.

Gynocentric Regime has issued a correction as of 19:56 on Sep 3, 2015

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Trump pledged his allegiance to the Republican Party, and to the conservative principles for which it stands, one Party, invisible, with luxury and yoojness for all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW62--51KQM

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Trump pledged his allegiance to the Republican Party, and to the conservative principles for which it stands, one Party, invisible, with luxury and yoojness for all.

slicing my wrists to create enough blood for the spells

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

TEAYCHES posted:

As Pangloss has taught us, this is the best of all elections.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

TEAYCHES posted:

open the blood gates

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

lol if anyone thinks that pledge is going to stop him from doing what he wants any more than the feeble mewlings of twitter "personalities", he gave himself his future out right in his first statement

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Is anyone else tired of watching Jeb limply slap at Trumps kiloton truth bombs?

Trick question. It never gets old.

Reminds me of the old gag from Oliphant cartoons about George H.W. Bush, where he always drew him wearing a sundress and/or weakly swatting his enemies with a purse.

My last cartoon had an Oliphant reference, I may have to haul the purse out for JEB!

Air Bud: Canine in Chief

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Air Bud: The Hair Up There

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Air bud: hair bud

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006
You know, the Clintons actually had a dog named "Buddy" when they were in the White House.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Trump got stumped... in a talk about terrorist leaders.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Trump got dumped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQyTpPu0gvc

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Tenzarin posted:

Trump got stumped... in a talk about terrorist leaders.

Doesn't matter, they will all be replaced by the time Trump takes office and he will be so good at the military it will make your head spin.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

"I don't need to know any names because all of those losers are going to get drone striked so hard, so fast, it'll look like Jeb's poll numbers dropping.". -Donald the Trump

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

I recently purchased an iPad at Costco then realized that it was dumb and I didn't really want it, so I took it back.

Turns out they grill you now for why you're returning electronics, so after a brief pause I let her know that it was great, works perfectly, the hardware is perfect, lovely screen, very clear, but it's terrible, a completely useless disaster, that Apple told me it could be used like a notebook for productivity, that I could open Office files, but it's a joke, it's awful, it can't do anything, have you seen the Office apps for this thing, I can't do my spreadsheets, I love the iPad, it's great, seriously it's wonderful and I have nothing against it, but the thing's a mess. She didn't ask any more questions and gave my money back.

I like to think there's a little bit of Trump in all of us.

Waringpro
Feb 27, 2015

Wheeee posted:

Turns out they grill you now for why you're returning electronics

As long as I can still return a 10 year old mattress for a complete refund, there should be no problem.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
It's great, it was the best mattress I've ever had, we used to go golfing together at my country clubs, they're the best in the world, but it was pathetic, my back never hurt so much, it was a loser.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Your trump AV reminds me of that dude that had a meltdown for losing his lol thank u for that reminder this morning.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Wheeee posted:

I recently purchased an iPad at Costco then realized that it was dumb and I didn't really want it, so I took it back.

Turns out they grill you now for why you're returning electronics, so after a brief pause I let her know that it was great, works perfectly, the hardware is perfect, lovely screen, very clear, but it's terrible, a completely useless disaster, that Apple told me it could be used like a notebook for productivity, that I could open Office files, but it's a joke, it's awful, it can't do anything, have you seen the Office apps for this thing, I can't do my spreadsheets, I love the iPad, it's great, seriously it's wonderful and I have nothing against it, but the thing's a mess. She didn't ask any more questions and gave my money back.

I like to think there's a little bit of Trump in all of us.

I think Costco does this because they making their purchasing decisions based partly on customer feedback.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
Costco does it like every other retailer because they just pass the cost to whoever sold them the merchandise.

And I don't know why returning things is 'Trump', no questions asked return policies are as old as retail itself. They're undermining your impulse control for the initial purchase, that's well worth the cost of returns, bullshit or not. If they even bother asking questions it's because they're getting slightly too many returns and half of those are from goons filled with unjustified levels of guilt who will pee themselves and run away if they imagine even the slightest hesitation from the retail drone who seriously doesn't give a gently caress and isn't 'grilling' you at all.

Fish Cant Hold Gun
Jul 2, 2015

by Ralp
it's a funny post that made me laugh, he did great job applying the trump political formula to an everyday mundane situation, why ya'll gotta hate, with your pedantic explanations about return policies

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
Because Trump is actually going to win you gay rear end pieces of poo poo

Edit: And I have no idea how this got to returning iPads but I felt like shutting it down the worst way. If you want to regulate my posting go to the Bernie circlejerk.

NOTinuyasha has issued a correction as of 16:29 on Sep 5, 2015

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004
They sell Ipads at Costco?

And new poll has Trump beating everyone
http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=d950cadf-05ce-4148-a125-35c0cdab26c6

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

Dahn posted:

They sell Ipads at Costco?

My pedantic answer: yes, if you prefer to purchase your electronics pig trough style, sealed tight in a comically oversized plastic clamshell package that alone weighs more than the item inside and requires nothing short of a chainsaw to even dent in exchange for a negligible discount over literally any other store, Costco is happy to accommodate.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

NOTinuyasha posted:

My pedantic answer: yes, if you prefer to purchase your electronics pig trough style, sealed tight in a comically oversized plastic clamshell package that alone weighs more than the item inside and requires nothing short of a chainsaw to even dent in exchange for a negligible discount over literally any other store, Costco is happy to accommodate.

ok wow interesting

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
Don't ask the question if you don't want the answer.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

midnightclimax posted:

ok wow interesting

And wrong, for items like that you take a product card to the checkout, they scan it, you pay, then they bring you the product in its normal packaging.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
Ok maybe I haven't been to Costco in a really long time. But if stupid assumptions based on bad information isn't fit for a Trump thread I don't know what is.

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.
Trump makes me want to move to the USA and become a citizen just so I can vote for him.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

NOTinuyasha posted:

this was how i used to have to buy sega genesis cartridges at toys r us, hth

trump for perma-prez

MaliciousBiz
Mar 28, 2010

I Pay to Poast on Internet

This is my new desktop background

:berned::berned::berned:

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Mightaswell posted:

Trump makes me want to move to the USA and become a citizen just so I can vote for him.

Better hurry up. We're shutting the gates once he wins.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Mightaswell posted:

Right but then you have to live in the USA though.

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

Trump cabinet already looking good.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/06/politics/sarah-palin-energy-secretary/index.html

quote:

Sarah Palin knows the position she wants in a Donald Trump administration: Energy secretary.

"I think a lot about the Department of Energy, because energy is my baby: oil and gas and minerals, those things that God has dumped on this part of the Earth for mankind's use instead of us relying on unfriendly foreign nations," she told CNN's Jake Tapper in an interview that aired Sunday on "State of the Union."

"I'd get rid of (the Energy Department). And I'd let the states start having more control over the lands that are within their boundaries and the people who are affected by the developments within their states. If I were in charge of that, it would be a short-term job, but it would be ... really great to have someone who knows energy and is pro-responsible development to be in charge."

She will dismantle an entire department to avoid having to serve out a full term, god drat.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Raere posted:

Trump cabinet already looking good.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/06/politics/sarah-palin-energy-secretary/index.html

She will dismantle an entire department to avoid having to serve out a full term, god drat.

Sarah may be right. Maybe God did take a dump on us. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
"Senator, I knew Jack Kennedy. I served with Jack Kennedy. Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, Jack Kennedy was a complete disaster."

• Locked thread