Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Monogatari?
This poll is closed.
Deishuu "Dilbert as gently caress" Kaiki 133 84.18%
Some other dope, who cares 25 15.82%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

She seems fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Man EO4 is a good-rear end game

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Also play an EO game boom. They are a lot of fun if you like minimalistic JRPG's.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
This is like when i Heard someone reference the Rocketeer, whcih is a movie I've not seen, and then somebody else said "the rockewho?'

and it turned out they were making a reference to the movie that doesn't sound like a reference

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I played some MGSV and Quiet has good taste in music

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

How was anybody offended by that?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Knorth posted:

She seems fun

She's pretty cool. I like anyone that can have that much enthusiasm about anything.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Lady Vengeance is also the best film in the Vengeance trilogy

i'm pretty sure at least one other person here agreed with me :sweatdrop:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

SADBRAINED GAMES POSTERS

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

boom boom boom posted:

People in Games hate the art-style of the EO series because it makes them feel like pedophiles or something

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

boom boom boom posted:

I'm betting: SEXUALISATION OF AN ANIME SEX CHILD

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

dogsicle posted:

i don't think it was me, because i can't remember talking about those movies recently, except to say bad things about the oldboy remake.

but i do agree

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Knorth posted:

I'm betting: SEXUALISATION OF AN ANIME SEX CHILD

Yes

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

boom boom boom posted:

Are you asking us how Games subforum posters on Something Awful got offended by something?

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

dogsicle posted:

I also agree with this. I watched Lady and Mr. really close to one another and I don't remember a thing about Mr.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Ha ha this criminal couple is really cute.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I remember being loving baffled when people complained about this in a game where you can have in your party an anime lion-man in Dante's coat dual-wielding katanas who lights his blood on fire in order to power up the lasers he shoots out of his katanas

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I got to play an hour of the Mad Max game before I left on this dumb trip but it seems pretty cool. The punches are nice and meaty.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

alcharagia posted:

i've got her pegged as the villain

Why would she go nuts like that if she was, though? I'm more suspicious of Maura at this point.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

the EO thread has had like three unprompted anime sex children convos since i started reading it about a week ago

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
In EO4 you can have samurai animal people with flaming blood, just wanna note that.

marisa kirisame is my hero

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
the nightseekers are pretty weird lookin tho I''ll give them that

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I would hug Yunica Tovah

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

dogsicle posted:

Hard to say since I haven't watched Mr. Vengeance yet.
I liked Lady Vengeance well enough. It was a bit of a shock since someone was streaming it for me and some others. We all hadn't watched it before, streamer included. Boy was it a rude awakening. :tviv:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Also there are a lot of ugly people in North Dakota and Minnesota.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

The Colonel posted:

I would hug Yunica Tovah

her outfit looks comfortable to hug, so i agree

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

people in the EO thread got mad because the pack-in soundtrack for EOU2 has cute pics of the main girls eating cake/dressed in school uniforms

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

dogsicle posted:

the EO thread has had like three unprompted anime sex children convos since i started reading it about a week ago

those people are perverts

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Also that people of Wal-Mart site is pretty accurate.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I don't want to look in the terrible Games thread so I'll ask here, metacritic has it that EO2 is better EO3. Has anyone played them and objects to that?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Is Tomo chan seven days a week?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

I would hug Yunica Tovah

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I think the consensus is that they get better as the series goes on, but also you should get the Untold versions of 1 and 2, rather than the originals

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Knorth posted:

I don't want to look in the terrible Games thread so I'll ask here, metacritic has it that EO2 is better EO3. Has anyone played them and objects to that?

EO2 is laughably broken and buggy but still good. 3DS remake is better but it just came out so it's still full price, also the postgame bosses are really bad.

dogsicle posted:

I think the consensus is that they get better as the series goes on, but also you should get the Untold versions of 1 and 2, rather than the originals

This

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I guess I should pick up EO4 again soon, I got burned out in that loving forest where you can't walk ten steps without being put back at the beginning

And I mean it's like right after the first area of the game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

alcharagia posted:

EO2 is laughably broken and buggy but still good. 3DS remake is better but it just came out so it's still full price, also the postgame bosses are really bad.

Also doesnt the remake have a ton of dlc that locks of portions of the map?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Terper posted:

I guess I should pick up EO4 again soon, I got burned out in that loving forest where you can't walk ten steps without being put back at the beginning

I have good news, that gimmick only exists in that one area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Terper posted:

That messed me up too, then I finished it and it had just been a side area :negative:
Also couldn't kill the lizards in there.

• Locked thread