Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

:stare:
So.....

That's a 300 dollar prop.
http://www.betaco.com/cmag_products.asp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Could be a high quality toy or replica, since those kinds of extended mags are illegal in certain parts of the country. (And perfectly legal in other parts, but lets not have gunchat is the thread killer)

http://www.replicaairguns.com/tv-film-prop-guns/

http://www.collectorsarmoury.com/Shop-Blank-Guns/departments/3/

http://www.411toys.com/air.html

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

sunday at work posted:

Talk about going hard right out the gate. Makes me fell like a chump taking a year to find the right denim shirt for Alan Grant.

Right? BACK IN MY DAY our first cosplays were super terrible! We all looked terrible and we liked it! Ok here's mine, don't judge babby McPantserton too hard

And my most recent cosplay photo!

Def a hotel shoot but my friend from X-Geek/Nude Carbon Studios makes that poo poo look pretty good imo

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

You bring shame upon TFR. That's not even an airsoft cmag. Those drums aren't connected to the magazine outside of the plate on the front. It is however an awesome cosplay.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

McPantserton posted:

Right? BACK IN MY DAY our first cosplays were super terrible! We all looked terrible and we liked it! Ok here's mine, don't judge babby McPantserton too hard

Def a hotel shoot but my friend from X-Geek/Nude Carbon Studios makes that poo poo look pretty good imo

Not a selfie. 0/10

Dutch angle. 0/10.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

:vince:

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

McPantserton posted:

I hope you can do the voice.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

VendaGoat posted:

This is cool.

This is not.

:goonsay:

If it makes you feel better, I had to look it up. It's been a couple of years since I played WOW.

Also I'd rather seem a little bit nerdy while answering someone's question than be one of those people who posts a completely unattributed pic of someone dressed as a character who appeared in two frames of an anime that ran for three episodes in 1997 and never volunteers any information as to what it might be meant to look like.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

RareAcumen posted:

Dutch angle. 0/10.

Just for you:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

:golfclap:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Holy poo poo.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Ayyyyy Lmao

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

McPantserton posted:

Just for you:

we are not friends anymore ok

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Baron Snow posted:

You bring shame upon TFR. That's not even an airsoft cmag. Those drums aren't connected to the magazine outside of the plate on the front. It is however an awesome cosplay.

Don't be a terrible baby about it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Baron Snow posted:

:commissar:

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

The better response. Have some cosplay from comiket.

Wait, I don't think that's an anime.

This one either. Maybe I'm doing this wrong.

That's better. Nozaki-kun was a great show.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax

Giant props are always impressive.

It probably took less time to make this armor in real life then it would in game.

It's a Gundam!

MADAO from Gintama

Probably one of the best JoJo's I've ever seen.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Baron Snow posted:

The better response. Have some cosplay from comiket.

Wait, I don't think that's an anime.

Preemptive, I'm not a nazi

:dogbutton:

Japan knows and understands the Nazis were bad loving people right? And that Nazi Germany is not Germany?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Klaus88 posted:

Japan knows and understands the Nazis were bad loving people right? And that Nazi Germany is not Germany?

As a general whole? Yes. Individuals can be loving dumb in this regard. It doesn't help that when stripped of context the Nazis had loving style in their uniforms.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Klaus88 posted:

I remember hearing recently that Japan has a completely different view of the Nazis than the rest of the world. Nazi imagery is quite common in Japanese media.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

McPantserton posted:

Just for you:

Am I doing it right

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Best caption for this image is still "Itchy Balls"

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Kill all nerds.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Is that Mark Meer? He shouldn't have asked Morinth "We'll bang, okay?"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Some Numbers posted:

I remember hearing recently that Japan has a completely different view of the Nazis than the rest of the world. Nazi imagery is quite common in Japanese media.

Yeah I recently heard similar things as well. As they were allies in WW2 apparently Japanese history classes gloss over the whole holocaust thing. It's easy to see why they end up not realizing just how...bad Nazis were in that light.

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is that Mark Meer? He shouldn't have asked Morinth "We'll bang, okay?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYT66ALUUss

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

McPantserton posted:

Out of curiosity McPantserton, and I really want to discuss it rather than call you out, but why the boob plate? (it's pretty modest obviously) Is it so you had room for your tits? Because you wanted to specifically gender-bend? Is it just a thing you were more comfortable with?

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Few reasons, I am pretty busty and it's more comfortable than getting squished. I also have people assume I'm male all the time in bigger armor and it irritates me. The boob plate in this breastplate shape was a LOT harder to do than no boob plate so it would have saved me a good chunk of time to do it normally but I did want to have the visibly feminine torso.

I know all the real world reasons why boobplate makes no sense but honestly that whole suit of armor is crazy unrealistic in tons of other ways. I wish it wasn't the case that boobs are such a commonly used visual cue to mean "female," but ultimately I felt it was probably the best way to do it the way I wanted to while changing as little of the design as possible.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

McPantserton posted:

I know all the real world reasons why boobplate makes no sense but honestly that whole suit of armor is crazy unrealistic in tons of other ways. I wish it wasn't the case that boobs are such a commonly used visual cue to mean "female," but ultimately I felt it was probably the best way to do it the way I wanted to while changing as little of the design as possible.

Yeah, it's fine. There's a difference in having to actually physically construct said armor in the real world versus just drawing it like that or designing it in a game or something. It's fine.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
I do think it's an interesting question, really. I thought about it a lot when I was planning. I still can't come up with a better solution even now honestly. One of the things I had in mind when I picked Arthas as my next build was that I had never seen a female Arthas cosplayer that did the costume without cleavage or midriff, and most of the time it's just an armor bikini. I wanted to do a definitively female version that was also not sexified.

I also briefly considered doing a heavier, more covered breastplate but have a super ridiculous ultra cleavage window in it. I thought it would be funny but I couldn't quite bring myself to do it haha!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

McPantserton posted:

I do think it's an interesting question, really. I thought about it a lot when I was planning. I still can't come up with a better solution even now honestly. One of the things I had in mind when I picked Arthas as my next build was that I had never seen a female Arthas cosplayer that did the costume without cleavage or midriff, and most of the time it's just an armor bikini. I wanted to do a definitively female version that was also not sexified.

I also briefly considered doing a heavier, more covered breastplate but have a super ridiculous ultra cleavage window in it. I thought it would be funny but I couldn't quite bring myself to do it haha!

The only solution I could come up with is just going helmetless like a Fire Emblem character. Otherwise, ya got me on how to better show that armor as feminine. I don't really think of how to cosplay or what ways to make armor and stuff and yadda yadda yadda so I'm not exactly a fount of solutions on that anyway.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Fine solution I suppose if you wanted to be recognised as a woman. You can obviously make armour big enough without the cleavage, but with a helmet on there's no distinction.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Put a pink bow on the helmet. It's the Disney Way(tm)!

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Colonial Air Force posted:

No, no, redo the armor so all the blue highlights on it/frostmourne/the light in the helmet are pink.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Colonial Air Force posted:

President Ark posted:

No, no, redo the armor so all the blue highlights on it/frostmourne/the light in the helmet are pink.

Hahahaha yes, perfect!! Totally doing these both next time. :v:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Honestly I was drawn to the pauldron and helmet work before anything else. Never even noticed the breast plate.

It's wonderful work McPantserton.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Arthas technically wears boobs plate for his massive gently caress off pecs so it's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Comedy option, wedge a pair of giant fake boobs under the armor for cleavage.

• Locked thread