Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Jonny Nox posted:

The end of Civilization will be caused by an amusement park ride?

Ok :coal:
Mr. Manson thought so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

eschaton posted:

Mormonism, which requires having a year's supply of food for the family on hand as a tenet of the faith

what r u serious that is cray

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

kwinkles posted:

what is going on in the brain of a person who buys this.

pairs nicely with:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

well duh, not like there's gonna be much else to do when we're stuck down in the bomb shelter for months and months. just add a copy of the Galt speech and that one REM album and we should be good to go

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

JamesieAB posted:

The Principal stole my bitcoin and I'm freaking out.

Quick, call super nintendo chalmers!

Let's hope.

I don't understand what kind of kids hand poo poo over to principals or w/e. when I got caught texting in class and the teacher told me to give them my cell phone, I laughed and said no. they can't take it from you if you don't give it to them. bad parenting, tbh.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

indigi posted:

I don't understand what kind of kids hand poo poo over to principals or w/e. when I got caught texting in class and the teacher told me to give them my cell phone, I laughed and said no. they can't take it from you if you don't give it to them. bad parenting, tbh.

Possibly because they don't want to get in more trouble by handing it over? I don't know what school you went to but that poo poo wouldn't fly at mine.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
when the teacher told me to hand over my phone i obediently got up, went home, unplugged it, and brought it back into school

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

indigi posted:

Uhhhh, they're going to get your phone. Usually they give it back at the end of the day, but they can easily escalate to harsher consequences if you don't give it up, you had a teacher who was a huge pussy

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

indigi posted:

lol @ this guy

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

indigi posted:

Then everybody stood up and clapped.

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

So AVG just went crazy on my PC and removed all my mining apps (i.imgur.com)
submitted 7 hours ago by brokenskill

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Greyhawk posted:

nice!

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

itt: grown adults posturing about how they'd pwn highschool teacher trying to take away their nokia 3210

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Wow it only ranks at #313? That's pretty harsh

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Pocket posted:

itt: grown adults posturing about how they'd pwn highschool teacher trying to take away their nokia 3210
but with bitcoin

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

oh I got a day of JUG (Judgement Under God [what they called detention at my Catholic School]) and ten demerits or w/e but who gives a gently caress about that. I'm not giving any of my possessions to a teacher. I have texting to do during class.

it's school, you're not going to go to jail or be fined because you didn't give your phone to a teacher, you scared babies

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
if you have two jugs it's a sin

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
also, as a scared baby who will one day go to school, thanks for the tip

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

indigi posted:

oh I got a day of JUG (Judgement Under God [what they called detention at my Catholic School]) and ten demerits or w/e but who gives a gently caress about that. I'm not giving any of my possessions to a teacher. I have texting to do during class.

it's school, you're not going to go to jail or be fined because you didn't give your phone to a teacher, you scared babies

nice story

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

lmao @ the babbys who were still at school when kids started having phones

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

indigi posted:

looks like we have ourselves a bad boy here

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i am impressed by the thuggery of this school child. did you also feel some boobs?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

no it was a all boys school. I slapped a lot of butts and saw dozens of dicks/balls without my consent, and was a very good student other than not listening to teachers when they told me to hand over my phone or DISCman. it didn't seem like a big deal at the time

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

indigi posted:

me? yeah, i'm pretty cool. didn't want to "learn" during class, so i just texted the whole time. now ask me about CIGARETTES

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

indigi posted:

slapped a lot of butts and saw dozens of dicks/balls without my consent

rejected duke lines itt

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Greyhawk posted:

good

wtf that avg still exists tho

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

lol

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

indigi posted:

unless you'e black

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

theflyingorc posted:

Uhhhh, they're going to get your phone. Usually they give it back at the end of the day, but they can easily escalate to harsher consequences if you don't give it up, you had a teacher who was a huge pussy

yeah a friend and i had once tried to not let the teacher clear the memory in our ti-83s before a test by putting tape over the contacts on the plus button, which was also the mem button, then just subtracting negative numbers to add :cool:.

the plan was that the teacher would try to hit mem-> clear but then when the mem button didn't work he just took the calculator and made us use a poo poo non programmable calculator for the test :shrug:

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

indigi posted:

woah there big man that goes on your Permanent Record.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

indigi posted:

and saw dozens of dicks/balls without my consent

you already told us it was a catholic school

filthy regex
Oct 1, 2010

s/ (. Y .) / 8==D~~ /g

unpacked robinhood posted:

rejected duke penn state lines itt

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

kwinkles posted:

yeah a friend and i had once tried to not let the teacher clear the memory in our ti-83s before a test by putting tape over the contacts on the plus button, which was also the mem button, then just subtracting negative numbers to add :cool:.

the plan was that the teacher would try to hit mem-> clear but then when the mem button didn't work he just took the calculator and made us use a poo poo non programmable calculator for the test :shrug:

we just wrote a program that pretended it was clearing the memory

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

I am unironically glad I went to high school before the advent of cell phones much less smartphones

not just for the distraction element but for pernicious gossip poo poo like yikyak which I am pretty sure would have destroyed my fragile psyche about 10 times over

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

i thought someone was quoting me but then renaming me to be like in baby talk or something i was real confused so what are we talkin about ti-85 calculators? no teachers checked for cheating in those back in the 90s i don't know what to tell you

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Linguica posted:

I am unironically glad I went to high school before the advent of cell phones much less smartphones

not just for the distraction element but for pernicious gossip poo poo like yikyak which I am pretty sure would have destroyed my fragile psyche about 10 times over

im glad the only computer thing we had when i was in school was text instant messaging. it was the era when it was ok to add a cutie whose screen name your friend had, and chat them up all "isn't this weird? it's kinda like talking L.O.L. so what are you doing" :whatup:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

aim was mostly still a thing until about 10th or 11th grade

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Greyhawk posted:

well they're not wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Sweevo posted:

lmao @ the babbys who were still at school when kids started having phones

• Locked thread