Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

HERE IT COMES, A MIGHTY DUSTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The gently caress's even going on here.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
SweetFX hosed my audio, sound like 2 channels aren't coming through. :/

I can't see how to uninstall this, am I being dumb?

Edit : Urgh this sucks, I removed all the files it installed, but I'm missing engine noise and "booms" :(

After I fire weapons the last 'hiss' of the noise stays untill I go into the menu. Seriously, this hosed my game. Steam says the cache is fine, so I guess I'm redownloading?

midge fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 6, 2015

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Also an excellent example of wasteland chic, though the dirty jokes just write themselves with the guy stuck to the back end with his hips wiggling frantically. I've only had two odd bugs; in one I think my shift key got "stuck on" somehow when I was running on foot, causing the cars to be stuck in place because that was the same key for the hand brake, and every so often the engine noise cuts out, which while it admittedly kills half the fun of the driving, is oddly soothing and meditative. Also proves they did a lot of sound design; the tires make different noises on different terrain.

Also found out Chum can get shot by the snipers; saw a round hit him dead center of his back and he gave off an "OW!" type yell. Fortunately as part of his car worship he must have implanted metal under his skin or something since he didn't do any more than that; he's tougher than Max is, I guess.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Oh jesus, the loving jiggle :lol:

So, is anyone else hoping either someone makes a mod or Avalanche releases DLC that adds repeatable convoy battles to the postgame? I know storywise it wouldn't make much sense, but I'd love something to the effect of randomly spawning convoys on the various routes that you could go fight for fun and scrap. Just some sort of "Hey, you've beat the game, now convoys will spawn randomly on the various routes you cleared, go fight them if you want I guess" type of thing.

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Sep 6, 2015

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Well poo poo... Is there anyway to invert the mouse Y axis? It's backwards from an FPS. I like my Joystick inverted but not the mouse.

Edit: Fixed it, in settings.ini there's a separate option for invert mouse that you can set to =0

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 6, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
How far am I if I just had the first fight with Stank Gum's dudes?

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Darwinism posted:

The screenshot tool really seems to be the most innovative thing about the game (and makes me want it in every game), and it's amazingly smart of them to make it as cool as it is - it makes it super easy to show off the game, and it's fun to mess around with by itself. Doesn't hurt that the game is pretty drat well optimized and runs really well at high settings on my mediocre card.

its ripped straight from shadow of mordor, like alot of other stuff in this game

which is good, cause shadow of mordor was a cool game :)

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I remember when the Shadow of Mordor thread was fantasising about other games/settings getting the SoM treatment. I don't think Mad Max was among them, but it seems to have worked out well enough all the same.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Erm, what the gently caress do I do after getting the Outcrier his lights in the Underdune? He says I need to look for a fighter in the "O-Ring" but I dunno wtf that is :iiam:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The real time camera control with a second controller is nuts. Also plain fun in co op.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

midge posted:

SweetFX hosed my audio, sound like 2 channels aren't coming through. :/

I can't see how to uninstall this, am I being dumb?

Edit : Urgh this sucks, I removed all the files it installed, but I'm missing engine noise and "booms" :(

After I fire weapons the last 'hiss' of the noise stays untill I go into the menu. Seriously, this hosed my game. Steam says the cache is fine, so I guess I'm redownloading?

This is the strangest thing. Haven't experienced anything quite like this, but I have been experiencing missing audio bugs with the Jimmy Bar which existed in the vanilla game for me.

EDIT: I've also found that disabling Bloom in the settings.ini does a good bit to alleviate brightness issues.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 6, 2015

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Leather Bear posted:

How far am I if I just had the first fight with Stank Gum's dudes?

Far.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 6, 2015

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Erm, what the gently caress do I do after getting the Outcrier his lights in the Underdune? He says I need to look for a fighter in the "O-Ring" but I dunno wtf that is :iiam:

It's a death run, up in the northern middle most territory.

Also, further evidence that Death Rattle is the best body.

The Talon ornament fits perfectly.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Having a weird issue, can't access the minimap when trying to press Tab. Earlier it was working, now I can't. So right now I can't see the map or fast travel :negative:

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
^^^ Every once in a while poo poo will break. Try activating a cutscene or reloading the game.

Why is Chumbucket so scared of those tiny tornadoes but says almost nothing when a storm is coming in? He yells all the time about THE MIGHTY DUSTER which I don't think can even kill me with how weak it is.

Also is getting the V8 endgame? Should I get it before clearing out Pink Eye and Gutgash's areas totally?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Malloc Voidstar posted:

^^^ Every once in a while poo poo will break. Try activating a cutscene or reloading the game.

Why is Chumbucket so scared of those tiny tornadoes but says almost nothing when a storm is coming in? He yells all the time about THE MIGHTY DUSTER which I don't think can even kill me with how weak it is.

Also is getting the V8 endgame? Should I get it before clearing out Pink Eye and Gutgash's areas totally?

once you get the v8 theres 3 or maybe 4 missions left and you can probably do them in like 45 minutes if you burn straight through them

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Malloc Voidstar posted:

The only thing I can think of is that I finished Jeet's stronghold and its fully upgraded. Still trying to get it to work :(

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Malloc Voidstar posted:

After a while I wanted something beefier than the final tier of the V6, so I did all the gastown quests until I got it. There are quite a few, and I had completed Jeet and Gutgash 100% and had reduced Pink Eye's threat down to about 2 before I gave in. It's not especially "Endgame" as Pink Eye threat levels unlock higher levels of the V8, so the game is assuming you're going to be using it for her area. Don't hold off, it's definetly worth the investment. I'd call the basic V8 more of a halfway point. Unlock it and carry on GOTTA CLEAN THAT MAP-ping.

I'm near the end of the game and will probably reduce threat down to 0 in all the areas and fully upgrade the bases and my car, but I'm not gonna go through all the scrap locations and balloons. Awesome game but I'd love if they kept the wasteland populated, it always seems to be a big problem with these games where by the end you have all these shiny toys and upgrades but the world is competely empty of opposition which always makes me sad. Mad Max at least ensures there's occasional patrols from Roadkill and Buzzards, but when I see the "Scrotus' patrols no longer have a presence here" messages I feel a bit sad.

Convoy battles are easily my favourite part of the game and I'd love if I could keep their routes populated for some drop-in carnage when the game's over.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
...You were right about the custcene thing. Gave some wanderers some water and that fixed it :)

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Anyone ever have any issues with threat not being lowered, or at least it isn't announced to be lowered, when taking down snipers or scarecrows?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Lemon posted:

Anyone ever have any issues with threat not being lowered, or at least it isn't announced to be lowered, when taking down snipers or scarecrows?

I did have a weird issue where the game didn't quite understand that the state of the world had changed. I completed a mission and that seemed to fix it because a ton of updates happened at once. Had to relaunch the game afterwards to ensure no further funkiness, though.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
I like that they included a Dog in the gameplay, but clearing minefields is so boring I'm putting it off until last. It just isn't fun having to take a different vehicle to play Marco Polo.

And I also agree that it would be nice is there were more potential adversaries to deal with even if the threat level went down. I really like the Cleanup Crew ability, since it saves a lot of time. But after you get it at Jeet's you're probably already moved on to Gutgash or Pinkeye (plus you have to get it for them as well. Aside from being completionist, I don't really see the need to have more than one Water/Fuel/Food project total either- you can just get Jeet's fortress to 100%, fast travel there to stock up, then return.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Songbearer posted:

After a while I wanted something beefier than the final tier of the V6, so I did all the gastown quests until I got it. There are quite a few, and I had completed Jeet and Gutgash 100% and had reduced Pink Eye's threat down to about 2 before I gave in. It's not especially "Endgame" as Pink Eye threat levels unlock higher levels of the V8, so the game is assuming you're going to be using it for her area. Don't hold off, it's definetly worth the investment. I'd call the basic V8 more of a halfway point. Unlock it and carry on GOTTA CLEAN THAT MAP-ping.

I'm near the end of the game and will probably reduce threat down to 0 in all the areas and fully upgrade the bases and my car, but I'm not gonna go through all the scrap locations and balloons. Awesome game but I'd love if they kept the wasteland populated, it always seems to be a big problem with these games where by the end you have all these shiny toys and upgrades but the world is competely empty of opposition which always makes me sad. Mad Max at least ensures there's occasional patrols from Roadkill and Buzzards, but when I see the "Scrotus' patrols no longer have a presence here" messages I feel a bit sad.

Convoy battles are easily my favourite part of the game and I'd love if I could keep their routes populated for some drop-in carnage when the game's over.

I feel the same..that's why I wish there was a New Game+ or something similar..I used a weird bug with Jeet's territory not acknowledging I'd de-mined all the territories as a convenient excuse to restart a new save..I just right now have one more transfer camp in Gutgash's territory before I go back up and save Pink Eye and get the lighties to get the V8.

I wish this was forever long.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Lemon posted:

several times, the game is still working under the hood.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Mad Max's fury is so potent his cartwheels send foes directly to Valhalla.

wit
Jul 26, 2011
Cool, ninja stars are in this game.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Lemon posted:

Same issue as above, I think. Trigger a cutscene and it should get fixed.

It's still lowered, just not announced. I got garage upgrades when I ticked a level.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
So whats the best thing to dump these Griffa tokens into?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
I just finished immortal enemy and woke up as a blood leech Is there supposed to a be a quest marker so I can find Hope? Some guides say I need to have completed 3 wasteland missions and 2 upgrades for deep Friah, which I definitely have done - unless I need to do those wasteland missions NOW?

Edit: ugh, nevermind. I had to go check on the car first, obviously! So much time running around the underbelly.

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Sep 6, 2015

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Reminds me of what happens when you put sticky bombs/mines on pickup tires in Far Cry 4

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Panfilo posted:

I like that they included a Dog in the gameplay, but clearing minefields is so boring I'm putting it off until last. It just isn't fun having to take a different vehicle to play Marco Polo.

And I also agree that it would be nice is there were more potential adversaries to deal with even if the threat level went down. I really like the Cleanup Crew ability, since it saves a lot of time. But after you get it at Jeet's you're probably already moved on to Gutgash or Pinkeye (plus you have to get it for them as well. Aside from being completionist, I don't really see the need to have more than one Water/Fuel/Food project total either- you can just get Jeet's fortress to 100%, fast travel there to stock up, then return.

Don't! Just use the Thunderpoon and fire at the ground. The mines are always set in a triangle pattern, so once you find the first, the others are easy to find. And the Thunderpoon AoE is big enough you'll usually find them soon enough.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Mercy for all. This game owns bones.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Bum the Sad posted:

So whats the best thing to dump these Griffa tokens into?
Can never go wrong with health, the melee upgrades are helpful and extra water, scrap and health from food are a good idea, whereas the invest a griifa point to gain a level is a bit of a dopey choice.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Guys, how do you use the shiv? It says when someone is stunned you can knife him, and I haven't been able to pick up any more shivs because it says my ammo belt is full. But I have yet to figure out how to use them. Along the same lines, I added some melee combat skills like shoulder ram, but I haven't figured those out either. I am a dumb.

I am using an x360 controller on PC.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

MrMojok posted:

Guys, how do you use the shiv? It says when someone is stunned you can knife him, and I haven't been able to pick up any more shivs because it says my ammo belt is full. But I have yet to figure out how to use them. Along the same lines, I added some melee combat skills like shoulder ram, but I haven't figured those out either. I am a dumb.

Stun enemies, press A to shiv them. Also, if you highlight the skills in the skill menu, you can hit Y or X I think to view info on how to do them.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

MrMojok posted:

E. There you go ^^^

I think Shivs are only usable when in Fury Mode. It's a quick kill option or whatever.

At least that's how I think it's done. Seems like it when I do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Digital
Apr 29, 2008

I think this is a MIGHTY DUSTER that somehow isn't visible. I had a disconcerting moment today after I'd killed about six war boys, as I was looking in a side room there was a music sting and thinking some more guys had shown up I ran back out. Instead there was a huge pile of body parts and blood splatter, and just as I was lining Max up for some serial killer screenshots I was picked up and pinwheeled off a cliff :(

Even the bugs are :perfect:

• Locked thread