Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Not to go all sasflowchart here, but unless Michael magically learns how to pick up blitzes and stop fumbling he'll see the field as much as he did in Seattle.

E: To say nothing of learning a new playbook. I'll be surprised if he's active in Week 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Drop Sims for Michael?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Benne posted:

Not to go all sasflowchart here, but unless Michael magically learns how to pick up blitzes and stop fumbling he'll see the field as much as he did in Seattle.

E: To say nothing of learning a new playbook. I'll be surprised if he's active in Week 1.

Eh, I don't have huge expectations, but pass blocking should be easier when there aren't like three blown assignments every play, and not getting stuffed as much behind the line could in theory help the fumbling issues. Vision still a problem, naturally. And a conditional 7th means neither team is very high on him.

He should be rostered imo. Maybe value around 11-12th round.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

zeldadude posted:

Speaking of 6 point TD's... I have Russell Wilson and Brees. Ive been planning on starting Wilson, but my league is 6 point TD's, does that change anything or should I still start Wilson? Noob question!

Also crosspost from the rate my team thread:
I'm lacking depth at RB and I'm wondering if any of these guys on the wire would be a decent pickup, any suggestions?

J. Bell
Sproles
Tevin Coleman
Ryan Matthews
Deangelo Williams
Vereen
Hillman
Woodhead

Currently I only have three RB's; Lacy, Hill and J Stewart. Also, which of these guys would you drop: Victor Cruz, Allen Robinson, Charles Johnson. I'm leaning Cruz but idk. Any help would be appreciated! Non PPR 6PTD.

In 6 pt TDs running QBs take a significant hit in value. I would definitely start Brees.

As for RBs I would grab J Bell and drop Cruz.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I loving hate 2 QB leagues

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I have my first ever 16 man league draft in 2 hours and I feel like I'm still fumbling for a game plan. I'm planning on starting RB-RB or even RB-RB-RB because of the positional scarcity of a true starting RB (and WR depth feels great this year), but I'm totally lost on QB/TE/Def. Its standard scoring QB/2xRB/2xWR/TE/Flex/Def/Kicker but there are still 6 bench spots. I can see everyone and their mother taking a second QB and def streaming could be really hard, especially since the few guys I know in here are pretty good fantasy players.

Wondering how late to go for my first QB, and if I should reach a little for a better than average defense instead of trying to stream? Does the 16 team nature make better TEs like Olsen/Kelce better or do I still just grab whoever in the 11th?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Drop a kicker or D while you wait to evaluate Michael. He is the best athletic talent on that team by far, just a matter of opportunity. Dallas has clearly not been too happy with their RB play/depth, and trading for Michael shows that.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Montee Ball was just released. From last year's first round to this year's garbage can.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
A guy in my main league was forced to keep him for like $30 because he signed him to a reduced price two-year contract last preseason :laffo:

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Montee Ball was just released. From last year's first round to this year's garbage can.

A fun new twist on the Trent Richardson Method.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Am I being dumb wanting to start bradford week 1 over tannyhills?

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

fariz posted:

No but Tannenhill's matchup is still too juicy to fade.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
I know, but i have a feeling they get a lead early and miller goes nuts

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
As a Redskins fan I assure you they will be a wonderful matchup so long as you don't run.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

OxySnake posted:

No, the difference between Calvin Johnson and your potential new no. 2 of Davante Adams is bigger then the difference between No. 1 QB and potentially No. 5 QB.

Especially in PPR.

This is pretty much what I figure, but the opportunity to get Luck is pretty juicy. I also don't trust Bradford to make it through more than the first half of the season. Then again, old man Smith could also implode at any time.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

fariz posted:

Ha, had Tanny, then was just seeing if Bradford would fall, I got him because I want on Chips Wild Ride, and if everything goes as planned I can just play matchups. Tanny is a pretty good insurance policy, and the benches and league is so deep taking Bradford literally cost me like a guy I would waive anyway. Happy about it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I like coming up with a plan and then having it all fall by the wayside when somebody takes Russell Wilson with the 7th overall pick.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

DeepDickPizza posted:

This is pretty much what I figure, but the opportunity to get Luck is pretty juicy. I also don't trust Bradford to make it through more than the first half of the season. Then again, old man Smith could also implode at any time.

Then counter. Make sure you get something better than Steve Smith. What does he have?

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
I've got Delanie Walker and Julius Thomas as my tight ends. These are the guys available - Austin Sefarian Jenkins, Vernon Davis, Jordan Reed, Josh Hill, Ladarius Green, Larry Donnell, Charles Clay, Coby Fleener, Richard Rogers.

Should I swap Walker for one? Thomas is work stashing right?

Rest of my team is
Big Ben
Julio/ AJ Green/Cooks -WR
Lacy/L.Murray -RB
Walker-TE
Joique Bell- FLX
Tucker-K
Miami-DEF

BENCH
Julius Thomas
Tannehill
Agholor
Ivory
Steve Smith Sr.
Brian Quick

Crunkjuice fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Sep 6, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Crunkjuice posted:

I've got Delanie Walker and Julius Thomas as my tight ends. These are the guys available - Austin Sefarian Jenkins, Vernon Davis, Jordan Reed, Josh Hill, Ladarius Green, Larry Donnell, Charles Clay, Coby Fleener, Richard Rogers.

No. Yes

Winsanity
May 14, 2015

Space magic is the best magic
I'm brand new to fantasy football, and I figured you guys might be able to answer this. My draft is later today and we're using ESPN. Do I just need to get to the league page once it's time for the draft to start and it kinda switches to draft mode, or do I need to go somewhere else for it? Also, any little tips for a beginner besides what's in the OP would be much appreciated.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Winsanity posted:

I'm brand new to fantasy football, and I figured you guys might be able to answer this. My draft is later today and we're using ESPN. Do I just need to get to the league page once it's time for the draft to start and it kinda switches to draft mode, or do I need to go somewhere else for it? Also, any little tips for a beginner besides what's in the OP would be much appreciated.

There will be a big ol "DRAFT LIVE NOW" button at the top of your leagues homepage.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Sorry, stupid empty quote, but yeah, go to the league page and you will see the link and it will launch in a new window.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Crunkjuice posted:

Rest of my team is
Big Ben
Julio/ AJ Green/Cooks -WR
Lacy/L.Murray -RB
Walker-TE
Joique Bell- FLX
Tucker-K
Miami-DEF

BENCH
Julius Thomas
Tannehill
Agholor
Ivory
Steve Smith Sr.
Brian Quick

I'd say Delanie Walker is better than any of those available options on a given sunday, he's not a top 5 TE, but he'll probably do decent enough to give you 6-10ish TE numbers.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ehud posted:

I like coming up with a plan and then having it all fall by the wayside when somebody takes Russell Wilson with the 7th overall pick.

That just means someone better is going to slide to you. Embrace it.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I am a first year Fantasy Football man with a draft tonight. There's two slots for D. Other than J.J. Watt, I am okay with waiting until the final four rounds to start drafting these guys, correct?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

VietCampo posted:

I'd say Delanie Walker is better than any of those available options on a given sunday, he's not a top 5 TE, but he'll probably do decent enough to give you 6-10ish TE numbers.
Apparently a rookie QB has never thrown a TE more than 75 standard points in a season. Ever. Worth thinking about.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Twin Cinema posted:

I am a first year Fantasy Football man with a draft tonight. There's two slots for D. Other than J.J. Watt, I am okay with waiting until the final four rounds to start drafting these guys, correct?
As long as the scoring isn't wonky, yes.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson or John Brown in standard? Go.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

cheese posted:

Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson or John Brown? Go.

Landry in any format.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Twin Cinema posted:

If it's two D flex spots, wait until the end and just take a couple of high tackle MLB.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

VietCampo posted:

Landry in any format.
Landry, Brown, Robinson in that order?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Spoeank posted:

If it's two D flex spots, wait until the end and just take a couple of high tackle MLB.

IMO, It could help him a lot if he were to pick up a LB like Kuechly or Lavonte David, before looking to WR depth but only if he's willing to reach a bit since they will go somewhere in the 9/10 round area i believe. On any week they can give you 10-15 points reliably and that's a lot better than some late LB that gives 7/8.

cheese posted:

In PPR I might give Robinson a slight edge over Brown, but in nonPPR, it's a toss up i believe with Brown having more upside as long as Palmer is healthy but even that's a toss.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

cheese posted:

Robinson, Landry, Brown, IMO. Miami going to be good and playing from the lead, Jags going to be bad and playing from behind. Robinson could be a legit (low end) WR1 with the volume he'll get, which I don't think is true of Landry. Landry is definitely safer though, and I think they're close in any case.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Huh. Rapaport saying Boom Herron was cut. Guess they like Josh Robinson.

Duron Carter and Tre McBride both made it to their respective practice squads. Gray unclaimed.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

Huh. Rapaport saying Boom Herron was cut. Guess they like Josh Robinson.

Duron Carter and Tre McBride both made it to their respective practice squads. Gray unclaimed.

He got injured returning a kick iirc. There was some questions why they were using their backup RB to return kicks in a preseason game.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Holy gently caress I am not prepared this year at all.

Beer4TheBeerGod I sent you a PM, requesting a custom BeerSheet!

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

mods please change my name to First Year Fantasy Football Man

or anything else honestly

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

Tre McBride both made it to their respective practice squads.

Where are you seeing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I've changed the draft date of my redraft fantasy football league to Monday 9/7 at 8:30PM ET.

To reiterate, it is a $50 buy in, 12 teams ESPN, 2/3/1 RB/WR/flex, 1 PPR and 6 PPPTD. Winner nets a cool $500. I do a brief commentary every week that I've been told is funny. This has garnered praise from several highly respected sources including my girlfriend and people on the internet such as Noted Fantasy Football Player Amergin:

Thread with leaguesafe and ESPN links: http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...0#post449543454

We have 7/10 or 12. I'll drop it to 10 people and add a flex position if we can't fill 12. Do your goonly patriotic duty and join .

• Locked thread