Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

Dupe Frog best card/best frog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dexie posted:

I'll do you one better. I'll post ALL OF THEM.

(I spent way too long filling this out.)

idk what 3/4 of these are my wo/man

my fav yugioh card is def a tie between Reliquished and Toon Blue Eyes White Dragon, I used to play those all the time when i was young

i didn't win very many games

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Red-eyes still best-eyes.

My favorite card and one of my favorite card arts.

Rabidragon and Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon are very close behind though.

I really like dragon cards I guess.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

i like shooting quasar dragon because his power is maximum

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Cabinet posted:

PYF Yugioh card

Last Chapter of the Noble Knights

Noble Knights are my favorite archetype and while I like all the cards on it (even Avalon), Last Chapter is my favorite for a mile. Is just so drat fun to refill my field with it after beign wiped out. Plus that art is one of the best on the whole game

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Pfff, there is only one king.

He's so great that there isn't even a single decent image of him on the web. :v:

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

If I wanted to watch Arc-V online, where would be the best place? Do any of the streaming services have it? I'd rather not resort to :filez:

Also is this whole sub vs dub bullshit worth anything? I prefer to veg out and watch stuff while doing other things, so dub would be way easier, but I don't want to watch it if it is trash compared to the sub or anything.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

This thread was made to actually move away the anime chat. The main thread for the YGO anime is over here, although the split is kind of irrelevant.

And I have episodes 1 and then 12 to the most recent episode on me. I can pass it over next time we meet, if you bring in a hard drive or something.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Dante and Vergil reprints are confirmed for the megatins. So I guess BA don't get a premium product like the NK.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Dante and Vergil reprints are confirmed for the megatins. So I guess BA don't get a premium product like the NK.

Got a source on that? (I have three dantes and two virgils :( )

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Alter Reality Games

Another reprints of note:

Denko Seka

Wynda

Qliph Disk and Scout

NK Brothers

Construct

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

I'm guessing it is time to sell sell sell? I'm think I'll keep the rest of the BA deck and just sell the dantes/virgils and rebuy them after the tins, probably the best option?

What happened to prices on the super wanted $50~ cards with last years tins?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

BurritoJustice posted:

I'm guessing it is time to sell sell sell? I'm think I'll keep the rest of the BA deck and just sell the dantes/virgils and rebuy them after the tins, probably the best option?

What happened to prices on the super wanted $50~ cards with last years tins?

Probably worth to wait a bit, if it turns out those cards are hard to pull (like just one of ten tins or something like that) they won't see a significative price drop.

The biggest card from last year on my locals was Exciton Knight and went from nearly 80 bucks to 25 or so.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Probably worth to wait a bit, if it turns out those cards are hard to pull (like just one of ten tins or something like that) they won't see a significative price drop.

The biggest card from last year on my locals was Exciton Knight and went from nearly 80 bucks to 25 or so.

Exciton is kinda trash in a format where both Majespecters and Burning Abyss are a thing.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Dantes are dropping like rocks :(

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I like Vanity's Fiend.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Xoidanor posted:

Pfff, there is only one king.

He's so great that there isn't even a single decent image of him on the web. :v:

Gonna leave this here for you: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Legendary_Maju_Garzett

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

He's trash unlike his cousin who is by name Great.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idgaf how much Dante and Vergils go down because I will keep mine forever as collectibles even when the deck stops being viable.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Dexie posted:

I'll do you one better. I'll post ALL OF THEM.

(I spent way too long filling this out.)

I know them all, except the spirit. God help me. If I don't know the name, I know the effect.
I need a better hobby.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's a rabbit so it must be Inaba White Rabbit.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Here is a list of my favorite Xyz Cards

For Card Art/Aesthetic:
R0: Number S0: Hope ZEXAL (Looks somewhat decent, not goofy like the other Rank 0 card design)
R1:Slacker/Shyneet Magician (Kind of unique for a Yu-Gi-Oh card, depicting a regular, lazy person. Feels more personal)
R2:Cat Shark (Would be an awesome pet, and art is cutesy to go with it)
R3:Ghostrick Alucard (Slick design, cool costume)
R4:Gold Rare Madolche Queen Tiaramisu, (The way the background reflects near perfectly, complements an already good artwork), otherwise Vylon Disigma (Bold Colors, menacing figure, otherworldly)
R5:Constellar Pleiades (Rocking that Cape, Armor, and Stylish Gear)
R6:Magi Magi ☆ Magician Gal (Very Sexy, but also just really cool looking)
R7:Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon (Very cool dragon, vicious design and effect matches with card's theme)
R8:Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand (Warrior of light in front of the shadow of the original Fegrand Dragon. Really beautiful)
R9:Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon (The Ghostly Dragon is really unerving, and properly sets up a sense of dread, especially against anyone who has played against this deck while it had the Dragon Rulers)
R10:Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Superior Dora (Artwork looks like something out of a WWIII propaganda poster. Incredibly striking, also kinda phallic.)

For Effect:
R0: Number F0: Utopic Future (Pretty much Oni FTK, more useful than other Rank 0)
R1:Number 54: Lion Heart (No bro, you take the battle damage, and whats more, I'll use this effect so you take the battle damage again. GG?)
R2:Daigusto Phoenix (Can do 3k by itself, is useful for clearing out chump blockers, etc.)
R3:Leviair the Sea Dragon (A card that will always see play in Yu-Gi-Oh, since it both benefits decks that banish a lot and also allows for some sick combos. Also has decent stats for a Rank 3)
R4:Lightning Chidori (Good thing this card isn't Generic, otherwise it would be in pretty much every deck. Very powerful effects, and it pays for itself on the first turn it is summoned, and if you can keep it alive, gives you interest!)
R5:Constellar Pleiades (Very Strong Field Control, Good Stats)
R6:Full Armored - Crystal Zero Lancer (If summoned using a Rank 5 WATER monster, it is a 3700 ATK monster that has Number 101 Style protection, AND can negate your opponents monster's effects during your turn. Is an out to Apoqliphort Towers, too. I feel like it's been out in the OCG for a couple of years, so it is very likely that we will never get this card)
R7:Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon (Powerful monster, cannot be destroyed, does incredible amounts of burn, and supports Red-Eyes Deck very well)
R8:Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon (Very Strong monster, can negate other monster effects, and if your opponent tries smething funny without being able to destroy this, becomes a 4000 beater that can attack twice)
R9:Phantom Fortress Enterblathnir (For Gagaga, it is a really good non-destruction removal card, that has many uses)
R10:Superdimensional Robot Galaxy Destroyer (5K ATK, 5k DEF, Harpies Feather Duster that your opponent cannot respond to. Very powerful stuff right here.)

R11 and R12 have no good cards...
Julias is online now Add to Julias's Reputation Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Was he trying to say trapped or raped? his spelling confuses me

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://ygorganization.com/restinpeacemybelovedwitch/

:stare:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So what would be her main use? Quick access to fusion Dante? :raise:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Uh she's a Lavalval Chain that works on either turn.

A LAVALVAL CHAIN THAT WORKS ON EITHER TURN. THINK ABOUT IT. :stare:

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Dump any BA at fast effect speed. Dump anything at fast effect speed.
Barbar. Alich. Farfa. Cagna. Scarm. Draghig.
peropero. Necro gardna. Treeborn.
It's rank 6 spell speed 2 lavalval chain, that can also be summoned in BA for a +1.

Oh, and can also be summoned with RUM astral, if you're into that sort of thing.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
:shrug: If you say so.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 6, 2015

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Also slightly amusing, Beatrice codifies "Dante" as an archetype.
There are more than one that share the same name, and there's at least one other card that mentions that group by name.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I used to play yugioh competitively until around legacy of darkness, just found my old collection. Is it worth getting back into, or is the game as broken as people say it is with regards to almost all tournament games ending in the first 3 or 4 turns?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

An OTK oriented meta isn't necessarily more broken than a control one when it comes to Yugioh.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Xoidanor posted:

An OTK oriented meta isn't necessarily more broken than a control one when it comes to Yugioh.

It's a far more boring one, however.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

minoru suzuki posted:

I used to play yugioh competitively until around legacy of darkness, just found my old collection. Is it worth getting back into, or is the game as broken as people say it is with regards to almost all tournament games ending in the first 3 or 4 turns?

To actually answer your question instead of bickering with Slur, yes it's worth getting back in, but do it online. Devpro gives you unlimited access to every card ever and easy access to thousands of opponents through its client. As an added bonus it's also fully automatic, no shuffling your deck on your own or simulating effects or anything stupid like that. Just play and enjoy Yugioh for the insanely varied deck-building experience that it is. I don't believe it has ever been better in that regard than it is today.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Those new traps are pretty sweet. I might end up using that second one in my Synchron deck so it actually has a defensive play that could potentially go into Stardust Warrior on the next turn. It's good that Mathematician is getting another reprint, too, since that card is too expensive.

Skeleton Mom fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 6, 2015

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The only truly dire Yugioh metas are ones where the person who goes first plays solitaire for five or ten minutes then either wins or surrenders without you playing a single card. Like when Frog FTK was a thing, or if Magical Explosion or Exodia were meta.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Hjalmar posted:

Those new traps are pretty sweet.. I might end up using that second one in my Synchron deck so it actually has a defensive play that could potentially go into Stardust Warrior on the next turn. It's good that Mathematician is getting another reprint, too, since that card is too expensive.

That second card could work well in a deck running Doble Passe

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I prefer a physical card game to netdecking tbh. The game is a very personal thing for me and I rather go against someone face to face. (It also allows me to not gently caress up by misclicking)

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Senerio posted:

That second card could work well in a deck running Doble Passe

I'd never heard of that card before! I'm not sure how viable that play would be, but it would be peak anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

They made Reject Reborn into a real card?! :staredog:

Kinda disappointing that it negates the monsters effects since that was quite clearly not the case in the anime but anyways, god drat.

• Locked thread