Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

RVProfootballer posted:

Robinson, Landry, Brown, IMO.

This. Robinson is a likely breakout candidate, while Landry has limited upside in standard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Its Miller Time posted:

I've changed the draft date of my redraft fantasy football league to Monday 9/7 at 8:30PM ET.

To reiterate, it is a $50 buy in, 12 teams ESPN, 2/3/1 RB/WR/flex, 1 PPR and 6 PPPTD. Winner nets a cool $500. I do a brief commentary every week that I've been told is funny. This has garnered praise from several highly respected sources including my girlfriend and people on the internet such as Noted Fantasy Football Player Amergin:

Thread with leaguesafe and ESPN links: http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...0#post449543454

We have 7/10 or 12. I'll drop it to 10 people and add a flex position if we can't fill 12. Do your goonly patriotic duty and join .

I'd love to join, but that link isn't working for me.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Metapod posted:

Where are you seeing this

Rotoworld.

Miller Time the league sounds great but I've been trying to avoid doing redraft leagues with goons so I can feel good about speaking freely in the threads.

I'm addicted to bullshit prognostications.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

VietCampo posted:

I'd love to join, but that link isn't working for me.

i'll join too, but same.

e: i assume it's this http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3739014

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
:siren: Terrance West traded to Titans, David Cobb placed on IR/designated to return

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Lol Titans just traded for TWest. Cobb to IR.

Bet the Browns bring in somebody else. They should send out feelers for Zac Stacy imo.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Benne posted:

:siren: Terrance West traded to Titans, David Cobb placed on IR/designated to return

Also not as significant but does mean something, Jay Ajayi is placed on IR to return. Does this bump up Miller's stock?

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
Doesn't really mean anything since ajayi is the fourth stringer and wasn't threatening carries anyway. Also he sucks and his knee will prevent him from ever having an NFL career

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

Benne posted:

Is Terrance West worth rostering at all? My feeling is that even if West does win the starting position his upside is limited and David Cobb is coming back.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
Avoid all titan players in redraft imo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

VietCampo posted:

Also not as significant but does mean something, Jay Ajayi is placed on IR to return. Does this bump up Miller's stock?

Ajayi isn't going to see a lot of time this year either way. Damian Williams is our 2.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

drizzle posted:

Except Delanie Walker because he's basically free and also useful.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

drizzle posted:

DGB will probably have some sick blow up week 15 or 16 which will win leagues/lots of dfs money.

Also think that west getting traded actually does a lot of Duke Johnson. I would be comfortable taking him as an rb3 now.

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Sep 6, 2015

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Twin Cinema posted:

I am a first year Fantasy Football man with a draft tonight. There's two slots for D. Other than J.J. Watt, I am okay with waiting until the final four rounds to start drafting these guys, correct?

Unless your league is all diehard fantasy footballers, someone will overdraft JJ Watt, Luke Kuechly, and your local teams popular defensive player (for mine that was Kahlil Mack and NaVorro Bowman). Let them do that while your draft offfensive players, then just get some MLB later.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Enforka posted:

Is Terrance West worth rostering at all? My feeling is that even if West does win the starting position his upside is limited and David Cobb is coming back.

I would say no for most leagues. Big part of his value was the Browns running game. Whisenhunt, in contrast, has this fantastic record of leading rushers:

2014 - Sankey (579)
2012 - Stephens-Howling (357)
2011 - Wells (1047)
2010 - Hightower (736)
2009 - Wells (793)
2008 - James (514)
2007 - James (1222, probably in spite of Whisenhunt)

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Its Miller Time posted:

I've changed the draft date of my redraft fantasy football league to Monday 9/7 at 8:30PM ET.

To reiterate, it is a $50 buy in, 12 teams ESPN, 2/3/1 RB/WR/flex, 1 PPR and 6 PPPTD. Winner nets a cool $500. I do a brief commentary every week that I've been told is funny. This has garnered praise from several highly respected sources including my girlfriend and people on the internet such as Noted Fantasy Football Player Amergin:

Thread with leaguesafe and ESPN links: http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...0#post449543454

We have 7/10 or 12. I'll drop it to 10 people and add a flex position if we can't fill 12. Do your goonly patriotic duty and join .
This is a good league and yes the right link is: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3739014

As the reigning champ, I demand more challengers.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Benne posted:

I hate my team

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Metapod posted:

I hate my team

Eh, you could do worse than a conditional 7th for West. That's about as minimal as investments get.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

I want to believe in McCluster in ppr. If McCoy and Spiller remain hurt I may have to get a little desperate.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

Eh, you could do worse than a conditional 7th for West. That's about as minimal as investments get.

We have 3 other hbs we don't need another plus a fullback who can play hb

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Zombie Tsunami posted:

I want to believe in McCluster in ppr.

:laffo:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Metapod posted:

We have 3 other hbs we don't need another plus a fullback who can play hb

Hey you never know maybe West is moving to tight end, I heard you guys are interested in featuring them a bit more this year and maybe West is insurance in case the first five get injured.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
James Jones is a Packer.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Okay I need a TE because Ertz is hurt and I don't trust him anyways. .5PPR. Best available?

Jordan Reed
Larry Donnell
Josh Hill
Charles Clay
Ladarius Green
Coby Fleener

I'm leaning Clay or Reed. Benches are really short with no waiver period. I really have to just last 4 weeks because I plan on picking up Antonio Gates when he's off suspension.

Who should I grab?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

8-man non-PPR, I have LeVeon, McCoy, Yeldon, Giovani, Blount, Duke Johnson as my RBs. Worth dropping Blount for Christine Michael as a flyer? I feel its worth keeping Duke for a few weeks to see how things shake out in Cleveland

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

SeannieDarko posted:

Okay I need a TE because Ertz is hurt and I don't trust him anyways. .5PPR. Best available?

Jordan Reed
Larry Donnell
Josh Hill
Charles Clay
Ladarius Green
Coby Fleener

I'm leaning Clay or Reed. Benches are really short with no waiver period. I really have to just last 4 weeks because I plan on picking up Antonio Gates when he's off suspension.

Who should I grab?

I went 0 TE and I am trying Donnell since the Cowboys gave up the most fantasy points to opposing TE last year. But really, all of these are a dart throw.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Zombie Tsunami posted:

I want to believe in McCluster in ppr. If McCoy and Spiller remain hurt I may have to get a little desperate.
McCluster is basically the poor man's Spiller, who is the poor man's McCoy. You've got a type, is what I'm saying.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
McCluster is bad. Very very bad.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Zombie Tsunami posted:

I want to believe in McCluster in ppr.

Oh, my sweet summer child.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Let me be clear. I do not think McCluster is good. But I wish he were because ~opportunity~

pangstrom posted:

McCluster is basically the poor man's Spiller, who is the poor man's McCoy. You've got a type, is what I'm saying.

Never thought about it like that, but my QBs are Matt Ryan and Tom Brady, and a selection of my receivers are Antonio, TY, Golden Tate, and John Brown. Hmmm.

I don't think someone with a Pete Carroll avatar is in any place to judge somebody for wanting to believe in something...

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Sataere posted:

Then counter. Make sure you get something better than Steve Smith. What does he have?

Why is everyone so (relatively) low on smith this year? Clear #1 WR in an offense with a QB that loves to throw, produced 1065 yards last year when Torrey sucked up half the team's targets, competition only from an injured rookie. He's looked like a stud in preseason. Just cause he's old/about to retire, or is there some news about a new offensive scheme in BAL that I didn't pay attention to?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

SeannieDarko posted:

Jordan Reed
Larry Donnell
Josh Hill
Charles Clay
Ladarius Green
Coby Fleener

Who should I grab?
I like Reed there. Fleener should also offer a decent ceiling for a streamer TE.

Another TE I like to emerge out of nowhere is Crockett Gillmore. An athletic second-year player, he's the starter in Baltimore and Marc Trestman likes to use his TEs. He could open the season as the #2 target for the Ravens with Perriman hurting.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

thethreeman posted:

Why is everyone so (relatively) low on smith this year? Clear #1 WR in an offense with a QB that loves to throw, produced 1065 yards last year when Torrey sucked up half the team's targets, competition only from an injured rookie. He's looked like a stud in preseason. Just cause he's old/about to retire, or is there some news about a new offensive scheme in BAL that I didn't pay attention to?

He ran out of gas down the stretch last year, which is what happens to old WRs right before they hit the age wall and turn into a pile of poo poo.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Got zach ertz currently at tight end. Available tight ends are julius thomas, charles clay, jason witten, jordan cameron, vernon davis.

Its only an 8 man social league.

Should i drop ertz for one of the above?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Got zach ertz currently at tight end. Available tight ends are julius thomas, charles clay, jason witten, jordan cameron, vernon davis.

I'd take Witten, his stats have declined, but he should still see decent #'s.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Sataere posted:

Then counter. Make sure you get something better than Steve Smith. What does he have?

The only better wide receiver he has is DeAndre Hopkins, which I can't imagine he'd go for. Most of the guys in this particular league aren't super savvy. I feel like if I counter, he may counter back with something even dumber and worse and then welp there goes my chance to get Andrew Luck.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

BlindSite posted:

Cameron and Clay both have more upside, but Witten has a nice safe floor. Cameron or Witten would be best, I think.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Just dropped Doug Baldwin in my 12-team .5 PPR re-draft and my only bench IDP in my .5 PPR keeper league to grab two shares of James Jones get in

e: could've kept Barrington and dropped Rudolph but my other TE is Daniels and one of them has to be decent this year I WANT TO BELIEVE

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I'm stubbornly sticking with Ertz until he does badly the first game then I'll swap him out for some other non-Gronk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pangstrom posted:

I'm stubbornly sticking with Ertz until he does badly the first game then I'll swap him out for some other non-Gronk.

He isn't going to play the first week and Celek is going to go 7-80-2.

• Locked thread