Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
yes, combined with real lovely design. it's a cool combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I think Kojima might have problems with women

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Blackula69 posted:

yes, combined with real lovely design. it's a cool combo

if you deleted the local files before steam uploaded them to the cloud you might have saved your save

but i'm guessing it's way too late for that :\

i'm mad b/c mad max keeps crashing on my computer and running my gpu really hot. at least i hope it's just mad max :ohdear:

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Vintersorg posted:

i have a couple missions coming up that require missiles but I haven't developed the rocket launcher yet. is it possible to shift a bunch of guys into a field and boost it temporarily? I've been just doing the auto sort for now, hovering around lvl 8&9 for most

If it's mission 8 you're working on, there should be some AA encampments in the Soviet base that the tanks and truck drive straight past. If you manage to incapacitate the commander, the tanks stop moving.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

madeupfred posted:

If it's mission 8 you're working on, there should be some AA encampments in the Soviet base that the tanks and truck drive straight past. If you manage to incapacitate the commander, the tanks stop moving.

i managed to blow one up by planting C4 on the road, but then the tanks got ahead of me and got all the way to the base. I ended up throwing a bunch of hand grenades at the last tank to blow it up.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 366 days!

Luigi Thirty posted:

no kidding?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Luigi Thirty posted:

OF COURSE I'VE GOT A PROBLEM WITH WOMEN. Everyone has a problem with women because women taunt and tease because they are attractive and they punish you for being attracted.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I remember reading in an interview that Rosemary from Metal Gear Solid 2 was based off of real women in Hideo Kojima's life.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Luigi Thirty posted:

unfortunately in his quest to become a movie director, he looked to lars von trier as a mentor

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
holy poo poo Huey is just as big a crazy rear end in a top hat as Haz. those two deserve each other

e: also ask me about Big Boss's gerbil collection

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

ah, user error

this is actually a TCR violation on Nintendo (i.e. good) consoles

no sequence of mashing a single button in the menus is allowed to be destructive, there must be some D-pad / analog stick movement from No to Yes or a switch from pressing A to B or something in there

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

i just got the poster licking and masturbation trophies in MGS2 woo

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

3 rows of C4 dispatched the tank and truck, then i chased the other tank to the end and issued a air strike which eliminated it :3:

now to see whats up wit hthe other one - i did unlock the rocket launcher so that should help a bit

also got Quiet now..... that was fun :D

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Quiet is honestly genuinely creepy as a buddy. thankfully i just unlocked her tranquilizer sniper rifle because drat does she like to pop heads when poo poo goes down

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
"ok so theres 2 APCs and 8 heavily armed soldiers in the middle of the field and they have good stats so i want to ballon them how am i going to deal with this"

*INCOMING SANDSTORM*

:getin:

SynthOrange posted:

I agree, 2010 style anime in 1980?

TIME  PARADOX

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If you're going to shoot things in first person with a controller you should probably numb the pain with auto aim.

i meant it sounded like he turned it off by accident and that's why it is so ahrd

i have no idea if it's an option in fart cry 4 but maybe it is

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
shower with your dad simulator is out
http://imgur.com/irnaNXr

not hotlinked due to pixelated dad dong

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

if your work doesnt let you look at pixelated dad dongs get a new job

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

yo in tpp mission 6 is it better to go the long way around or the short way, cause when i go the long way i keep getting stuck in the quagmire that is the middle east the soviet relay base

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

carry on then posted:

yo in tpp mission 6 is it better to go the long way around or the short way, cause when i go the long way i keep getting stuck in the quagmire that is the middle east the soviet relay base

iirc the relay base has a prisoner to rescue

it's still hard though

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
been playing some killing floor 2 since its free this weekend

it's really fun! :)

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Kuvo posted:

"ok so theres 2 APCs and 8 heavily armed soldiers in the middle of the field and they have good stats so i want to ballon them how am i going to deal with this"

*INCOMING SANDSTORM*

:getin:
I love sandstorms since I just sprint into groups of dudes and beat the poo poo out of all of them

also

I'm going to have to have a serious chat with my men about plastering anime all over my fukcing base

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Space-Pope posted:

been playing some killing floor 2 since its free this weekend

it's really fun! :)

it's fun with a bunch of people you know. if you play alone you get stuck with obnoxious tryhards who don't tolerate playing a game

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fabricated posted:

I love sandstorms since I just sprint into groups of dudes and beat the poo poo out of all of them

chaining the cqc judo throws is so loving satisfying

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i just beat mad max

my revised take:

it starts out really fun but you pretty much see everything the game has to offer fairly early on. there is not a lot of variety in the boss fights until near the end. melee combat is alright but not as good as the arkham games, but car combat is fun as hell. customizing your car is fun. the capture mode is neat to play with but i only really discovered it near the end so i didn't get good pictures. the story is dumb and weird and uses some lovely plot devices to poor effect. 7/10 (verge score 9.2/10)

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
i just realized what Direct Contract does on MGSV and now i'm worried i may have lost out on a bunch of good recruits what got killed

i also just realized that you can play as different recruits? how the gently caress do you do that??

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
very carefully

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
raiden iv is pretty fun

now if only my lovely monitor arm would hold the monitor in portrait mode :argh:

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
are we ashamed of our words & deeds yet?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Yodzilla posted:

i also just realized that you can play as different recruits? how the gently caress do you do that??

when starting a mission you can choose your character. i did some side ops as $ADJECTIVE_ANIMAL but his stats didnt increase so idk if it really matters at all

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Gus Hobbleton posted:

are we ashamed of our words & deeds yet?

her boobs are bouncy, so not yet

but i just unlocked her and shes laying down in a cell with her bikini unstrapped but chest down and music plays

this loving game is weird

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
the sins never die

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Vintersorg posted:

this loving game is weird

you ain't seen nothin' yet

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
spoilrs for mgs6

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

man how did i roll the worst loving hellfire amulet ever :smith:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

Quiet is honestly genuinely creepy as a buddy. thankfully i just unlocked her tranquilizer sniper rifle because drat does she like to pop heads when poo poo goes down

quiet with the silenced tranq sniper frankly feels like cheating. thing does cost 750,000 GMP tho

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
quiet and snake are irl bf/gf

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i've played like ten hours maybe, it's a fun game but it doesn't hold my attention for extremely long periods of time the longer i play it. i don't like that snake doesn't really talk at all even in the normal cutscenes. it's some final fantasy silent hero bullshit. basically depending on what you normally expect from an mgs it's either the best or worst entry of the main series, relatively speaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Sacha Baron Cohen's Antony and Cleopatra looking mediocre

• Locked thread