Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Yeah. So, you can move up and use your action to drop a Conner net on a ship that has yet to activate. So, its already set a dial, but has ion tokens before it moves.

The precedent exists with Leebo and Advanced Sensors, and the current method is that the ship executes it's maneuver and then keeps and resolves the ion tokens next turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

The Gate posted:

Yeah. So, you can move up and use your action to drop a Conner net on a ship that has yet to activate. So, its already set a dial, but has ion tokens before it moves.

The precedent exists with Leebo and Advanced Sensors, and the current method is that the ship executes it's maneuver and then keeps and resolves the ion tokens next turn.

That would be in line with how it reads on the ion token card and it seems fairly self-explanatory so I guess I'm just not seeing the crux of the problem some people are apparently having.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So just played an epic team tournament. I uhhhh got mulched. Although, we did play against a near copy of us. Our raider squared up for a dual against another one. Right before they got in range, my punishes got two adv. Homing missiles shots off. Crits were primary weapon reduced to half, and no recover action.....

We crippled the fore in short order, and only lost one shield :getin:

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
I'm glad for the SLAM ruling, if only because I read that article over and over thinking I was missing something.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I mean it's dumb that the article couldn't get it right, but I feel like having SLAM be an entire separate dial reveal would have a lot of unintended side effects.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Its just sort of odd since you still execute a maneuver, which is what some things trigger off of. It could very easily be too strong to allow bombs on the SLAM though.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...
Speaking of the K-Wing and Bombs: I had a K-Wing reveal his dial, drop a bomb right in my face, do a 2 hard turn over my Bossk that cleared him, then use his action to drop a Connor Net right on my base: I ended up taking 3 automatic damage and 2 ion tokens which ment I did a white one onto an asteroid rather than a green that would have cleared it (Which kept me from killing a B-Wing a turn earlier). Then the K-wing fired his turret into me, still at R1.

Now the Connor Net *is* dropped by an action but it seems off to be able to do the same action (drop a bomb) twice. Did I get hosed? This was in a tournament.

E: No he didn't SLAM.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Dropping a bomb when you reveal your dial isn't an action, but there's a line in the FAQ that says you can't drop more than one bomb in a turn.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Does that mean Bomb Upgrade cards, or does it mean "before you reveal your maneuver" bomb?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Strobe posted:

Does that mean Bomb Upgrade cards, or does it mean "before you reveal your maneuver" bomb?

Per the FAQ:

quote:

BOMBS

Bomb Upgrade cards allow a ship to drop bomb tokens. The rules for bomb tokens are described below. Bomb Upgrade cards are not secondary weapons.

Dropping a bomb token

Each bomb Upgrade card allows the ship to drop a specific type of bomb token. To drop a bomb token, follow these steps:

1. Take the [Straight 1] maneuver template and slide it between the rear guides of your ship.

2. Place the bomb token indicated on the Upgrade card into the play area and slide the guides of the token into the opposite end of the template.

If a bomb token is dropped on a ship, it is placed under the ship’s base. The bomb does not immediately detonate and must follow these rules and restrictions. Some bombs, such as Proximity Mines, do immediately detonate if placed under a ship’s base.

A ship may only drop one bomb per round.

It looks to me based on the wording that it's "only one Bomb Upgrade card can be used per round" since it refers to Proximity Mines as a type of bomb before then going on to say "only one bomb can be dropped by a ship per round."

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Indolent Bastard posted:

Here is the link to the page with the hi resolution photoshop files to make your own cards. http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/topic/122-hi-res-photoshop-templates/

For artwork, try http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page or just do Google image searches with "large" as your main filter.

Or just recycle some of these images as they are all 300 dpi. https://immaterium.wordpress.com/x-wing-custom-cards/

Yer the greatest.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
So, 1, he could only have dropped 1 of those bombs and 2, you would have performed your maneuver that turn and not a white 1, as the ion doesn't kick in until the next turn, since you've already set your dial.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Any recommendations for a play mat? I really don't want to pay $40 for a glorified mouse pad and I don't really care if it has designs on it or not. Is there someone online that just sells plain rubber roll out mats for cheap?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Buy a yoga mat and cut it to 3x3

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Ultimate cheap option is to buy some black felt at a fabric store, where they can cut it to 3x3 for you. It's hard to flatten, but if you have an iron and are careful you can do it. This is a good temporary solution while you save up for a better mat.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Hey so I'm gonna ape this for space combat in my RPG, and I'm thinking of giving my players control over their ships and letting them buy upgrades with in-game currency.
You guys probably get to play this more then I do, so please let me know if I'm a big retard, or should avoid making any ships player ships, thanks!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Anything is a 3x3 X-Wing play mat if you're brave enough.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Booyah- posted:

Ultimate cheap option is to buy some black felt at a fabric store, where they can cut it to 3x3 for you. It's hard to flatten, but if you have an iron and are careful you can do it. This is a good temporary solution while you save up for a better mat.

Star wars / space bedsheets from goodwill would probably be easier at that rate. I mean if you're going to start ironing stuff...

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Doesnt a playmat make it so that you have bad habits of knowing how far things are alart?

Edit: also I noticed the best thing about the new damage deck is that it is numbered. IE: 5/33 or 14/33 for each card.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Moriatti posted:

Hey so I'm gonna ape this for space combat in my RPG, and I'm thinking of giving my players control over their ships and letting them buy upgrades with in-game currency.
You guys probably get to play this more then I do, so please let me know if I'm a big retard, or should avoid making any ships player ships, thanks!

Look up the fan-made X-Wing co-op campaign that was just released!

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Any recommendations for a play mat? I really don't want to pay $40 for a glorified mouse pad and I don't really care if it has designs on it or not. Is there someone online that just sells plain rubber roll out mats for cheap?

Just get a right-sized black board/cloth and do a few of these things to it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcT7db9G8nA.

Dipping your fingertips in white paint and doing jazz hands works well.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Moriatti posted:

Which RPG, are you meaning the FFG made Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny or ? If so I've been building conversion rules and testing them with my home group. It's designed to be more of a thematic style of conversion rather than a balanced rules so potentially super high xp character doesnt dont care about anyone who isn't a named character kind of deal. Feel free to have a look.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uRqpFZHiISi5yiP0xD6tbbiiHdoC1W6Ld8HvNLOexV0/edit?usp=sharing

Also anyone in the thread seeing any issues or too ridiculous stuff let me know. I've not even thought about how huge ships come into play so dont worry about that.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey all, I'm considering getting a Kihraxz fighter or two, but I'm just wondering whether or not it's actually worthwhile getting two. Since I do like the look of it, that it seems to basically be 'Scum X-Wing gone right', although I'm not sure if it's like the E-Wing, where I was advised that getting one is a good idea, but getting two isn't, as you're unlikely to field more than just one at a time.
So yeah, I'd greatly appreciate any and all input on the matter!

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

It's actually just to break up combat a bit in Strike! and make Space fights feel really different, so the ships will not actually be Star Wars, but rather renamed ships from the game.

The setting is Nintendo, so I figure it fits theme well enough.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Major Isoor posted:

Hey all, I'm considering getting a Kihraxz fighter or two, but I'm just wondering whether or not it's actually worthwhile getting two. Since I do like the look of it, that it seems to basically be 'Scum X-Wing gone right', although I'm not sure if it's like the E-Wing, where I was advised that getting one is a good idea, but getting two isn't, as you're unlikely to field more than just one at a time.
So yeah, I'd greatly appreciate any and all input on the matter!

If youre unsatisfied with the Scyks survivability at 20 points and want some cheap 3 attack filler then getting 2 is fine. Its not really like an E-wing where you can dump a bunch of points into an Ace and expect it to carry you through the end game since it has no baseline positioning actions and no evade.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I need some storage help, and before you jump to "Plano link in the OP!" hear me out.

I have one of the real nice Battlefoam zip cases that I got as a gift - the kind that stacks 4 of their large foam trays. Currently, it has a tray for the Rebel epic ships + tokens/maneuver markers, their Wave-3 tray that's full to the brim, their game-materials tray that's fits a lot (but not all) of the dials/stands/cards, and a generic pluck-foam tray that's currently housing some of the medium-size ships that they didn't/don't have specific trays for.

My fleets are huge right now. 1 of everything epic, 2 of everything large, and 3+ of all the small-base ships (8 TIEs, etc). Multiple core and Force Awakens boxes. So lots of it is still in the blisters they came in, and I just have to toss them in a bag if I want to take em to the FLGS.

Should I double down on foam? Battlefoam doesn't appear to have updated their tray styles, outside of releasing one for the Raider. I'd need another zip case too. Or, is there really a Plano box that could fit all this? Any other options? Do I get a Plano or a zip-up for each of the 3 factions?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

zVxTeflon posted:

If youre unsatisfied with the Scyks survivability at 20 points and want some cheap 3 attack filler then getting 2 is fine. Its not really like an E-wing where you can dump a bunch of points into an Ace and expect it to carry you through the end game since it has no baseline positioning actions and no evade.

I won a tournament with three of them and a YV-666. They're pretty good- they out joust a lot of the field but also are pretty good at maneuvering. They are not in the top tier of jousters and at heart aren't arc dodgers, though.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Ville Valo posted:

I need some storage help, and before you jump to "Plano link in the OP!" hear me out.

I have one of the real nice Battlefoam zip cases that I got as a gift - the kind that stacks 4 of their large foam trays. Currently, it has a tray for the Rebel epic ships + tokens/maneuver markers, their Wave-3 tray that's full to the brim, their game-materials tray that's fits a lot (but not all) of the dials/stands/cards, and a generic pluck-foam tray that's currently housing some of the medium-size ships that they didn't/don't have specific trays for.

My fleets are huge right now. 1 of everything epic, 2 of everything large, and 3+ of all the small-base ships (8 TIEs, etc). Multiple core and Force Awakens boxes. So lots of it is still in the blisters they came in, and I just have to toss them in a bag if I want to take em to the FLGS.

Should I double down on foam? Battlefoam doesn't appear to have updated their tray styles, outside of releasing one for the Raider. I'd need another zip case too. Or, is there really a Plano box that could fit all this? Any other options? Do I get a Plano or a zip-up for each of the 3 factions?

I doubled down on foam, but gently caress Battlefoam prices. There a tons of places that sell pluck foam in various thicknesses and dimensions, and even more bags for the same. I am moving into my second bag, and I've learned a lot since I started plucking that the density is going to be great.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
My storage solution is a curio cabinet :v:

Still need to find a smaller box to actually transport my lists in, though.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
RIP Darth Vader. You flew shotgun with Echo. Never even got a chance to help. (I apparently am not as good at using decloak as my sister, though i did do 2 turn, 2 straight and 1 roll in a single turn.). I got right behind an enemy, but the E-wing going the other way fishiness me off.

I did end up managing to win though. Lost my phantom and interceptor, but my two ties (Mauler and Dark Curse) managed to finish off the B- and E- wings.

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Sep 7, 2015

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Carteret posted:

I doubled down on foam, but gently caress Battlefoam prices. There a tons of places that sell pluck foam in various thicknesses and dimensions, and even more bags for the same. I am moving into my second bag, and I've learned a lot since I started plucking that the density is going to be great.

Care to take some pics? :) Also, have a link?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Got to play a bit with the new core sets today.

The new movement options on the T70 really make a difference. This thing is really fun to fly.

S-loops on the TIE fighters is nice too.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

zVxTeflon posted:

Yeah, I must admit I was a touch dubious of the Scyk when I saw its stats, although thanks for the info on the Kihraxz! I think I'll get a couple when I'm next at the store.

Also, whoever said FFG don't do replacements/are unwilling to do replacements is actually wrong - I submitted a ticket to them asking if it was possible for me to either widen or swap out/replace the port(/socket? Not sure what to call it) with another one*, on one of my IG-2000s, as it's a touch too tight, so I can't slot any of the pegs/stands in it without causing some strain damage (became evident after two uses - already there were white lines along the corners of the triangle hole). And it turns out that, without a word, they've sent me an entirely new IG-2000. :3: I might just get that second Firespray I've been looking at for ages now, after receiving that little package in the mail today.

*Note: For me to do as a workaround, not for them to do/give me

(EDIT: Also, love your avatar ConfusedUs :D )

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Sep 7, 2015

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Ville Valo posted:

Care to take some pics? :) Also, have a link?

I'll have some pics tomorrow for you. Here's what I bought the first time: http://www.portablewarfare.com/products/

And what I'm going to probably end up buying more of:
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/table-top-miniatures/supplies/foam-trays.html
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/table-top-miniatures/supplies/gaming-bags.html

They fit in each other, and it's a relatively common size tray. I think it's a different size than what you have, but if you find the dimensions of the trays you are using you can easily find cheaper pluck foam than Battlefoam.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

So what's the current meta in terms of flying the Hound's Tooth at the moment? Finally got all my wave stuff so I'm keen to try something out.

These Loving Eyes
Jun 6, 2009
So, my friend flew Keyan Farlander today with Advanced Sensors, Cloaking Device and Push The Limit. I was wondering if his comboing was legal: first, he cloaked before maneuvering with AS, then he decloaked immediately to use the decloak movement, then he did another action with PTL (e.g. acquired a target lock), received stress and then revealed a green maneuver to get rid of the stress. Advanced Sensors reads "you may perform 1 free action", can it be combined with PTL to have two actions before maneuvering this way?

Mirth
Jul 23, 2008

We're all soldiers now.
You decloak at 0 Pilot Skill so I don't think that part checks out.

Edit: As I understand it PTL does work with advanced sensors that way. I was using it with Poe Dameron and BB-8 to reveal a green, do a barrel roll because of BB-8, PTL to focus, then wipe the stress with the green and then acquire target lock. I'm pretty sure this is legal but if someone knows otherwise I would love to stop cheating.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

These Loving Eyes posted:

So, my friend flew Keyan Farlander today with Advanced Sensors, Cloaking Device and Push The Limit. I was wondering if his comboing was legal: first, he cloaked before maneuvering with AS, then he decloaked immediately to use the decloak movement, then he did another action with PTL (e.g. acquired a target lock), received stress and then revealed a green maneuver to get rid of the stress. Advanced Sensors reads "you may perform 1 free action", can it be combined with PTL to have two actions before maneuvering this way?

How is Keyan Farlander using a Cloaking Device when it's an Illicit upgrade?

That said, yes you can chain PTL off Advanced Sensors.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

These Loving Eyes posted:

how did Keyan Farlander get a Cloaking Device.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Tekopo posted:

So what's the current meta in terms of flying the Hound's Tooth at the moment? Finally got all my wave stuff so I'm keen to try something out.

I believe the best value on the Tooth is the generic slaver- the Scum crew options buff that thing plenty, and by getting it in at 40 points, I fit in 3 K fighters and took down a tournament.

• Locked thread