Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

verbal enema posted:

i was at work when i posted that. I swear when I first started CK2 there was an option to become a Heliocentric sorta like a Catholic heresy.

You can become a heliocentric scholar through the event chain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Torrannor posted:

You can become a heliocentric scholar through the event chain.

yeah I thought there was an option to choose that and make it your religion but there isn't.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Good news! I finally got my kingdom moving again, out from under that peace, and I even managed to snag half of Sardinia!

Bad news is that half my kingdom revolted and during the scuffle the rebels got aced by the Byzantines and Arabs. I could live with that, but then a holy war got declared and I now have the entirety of Islam coming at me. I tried hiring some mercenaries, but they immediately quit. I still don't understand combat in this game. Is there any good way of dealing with armies that outnumber yours?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have a recommendation on how not to get bored after playing ~150 years? I always have grand plans but that's about as far as I get before I start going "meh time to try somewhere else"

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Tendai posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation on how not to get bored after playing ~150 years? I always have grand plans but that's about as far as I get before I start going "meh time to try somewhere else"

After the End

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

verbal enema posted:

After the End
Whoa, this looks awesome. Thank you.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Is it totally impossible for Jews to force convert their vassals?
I've built the third temple and restored the priesthood but even the guys in my dungeon can't be made to convert. Jewish moral authority is around 80 and most of my vassals are Sunni and Shia, both of which have MA totally in the shitter.

Also Persia apperently drank way too much and shat itself:

I had nothing to do with any of this. They just started having weekly mass revolts for no apparent reason and have been at it for years with some becoming independent every now and then.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

It's totally impossible for nomads to force-convert their vassals.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I've seen nomads settle and as far as I can tell you settle what you own. Everything else kinda just moves on and more or less swallows you back up.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Ach, the damned college of cardinals. So infuriating.

I'm trying to get the "get a bad pope elected" achievement, but even when two-thirds of the college are people I elected, they're still voting for one of the other guys to be pope.

edit: They are voting for people who have lower papal suitability, in fact. :confused:

edit2: Jesus, I want an official apology from whoever designed the college of cardinals system. :mad:

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Sep 6, 2015

Bloody Pancreas
Feb 21, 2008

Is there something wrong with the Paradox Forums? I've been trying to get the website to recognize my CD key, but it keeps saying "Redeem code not found." This is pretty annoying !

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Hell yeah succesful Crusade I'm sure to get this!

I do!

121/7 demense

Goddamnnnnit

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

A faction in France managed to get themselves a Polish king for nearly two years, then another faction removed him and now he is just a bicht count in French Poland.
Doesn't look like he has given up though.

Not entirely sure where The Dutch Empire went.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Sweden went catholic before the year 900 but the kings are Pomeranians.

Autonomous Monster posted:

It's totally impossible for nomads to force-convert their vassals.

Ah that expains it. I should probably grab some more coastal land and then settle as a republic and roll in insane amounts of cash from having so much of the silk road.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

verbal enema posted:

Hell yeah succesful Crusade I'm sure to get this!

I do!

121/7 demense

Goddamnnnnit

I gave a content coutier the kingdom of Germany and he's 1700 pts grateful

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Strange. Feudal leaders are supposed to be able to revoke from tribals of different religions without penalty, and while I could with Haesteinn-subjugated Garðaríki in his actual lifetime, once his kid took over, the -20 penalties started up.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
????

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Is he currently fighting a war? You're blocked from revoking titles from vassals that are at war (usually some poo poo like "war against the tyranny of X" because they tried to revoke one of their own vassals titles for the millionth time)

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Is he currently fighting a war? You're blocked from revoking titles from vassals that are at war (usually some poo poo like "war against the tyranny of X" because they tried to revoke one of their own vassals titles for the millionth time)
Nope, he was at peace. I was going to revoke because, in fact, he'd just finished a war taking the duke title from the vassal that I actually liked.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Moving some retinue to the war I wasn't paying attention and I was leading it and got jammed up by 60 odd guys with my 21. Won that little skirmish and it was a pretty cool thing. Not so much ooh i won but a cool RP thing I suppose. Was the most interesting battle of the war at least.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
3 to 1 odds against, with numbers that low, and you win? That's oddly impressive. Do you remember what your forces were?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Bloodly posted:

3 to 1 odds against, with numbers that low, and you win? That's oddly impressive. Do you remember what your forces were?

heavy infantry and archers led solely by me (14 martial Brilliant Strategist Warrior Crusader).

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My character that just died left 31 kids. 25 bastards. It was a tossup as to whether he was going to die of stress from having like 7 lovers, syphilis, the sex event where you can die, or all his other kids murdering him because he kept legitimizing his bastard daughters. Now I wish there was some detailed easy-to-see-everything family tree generator built in so I can easily see in a few generations what the gently caress happened to all of them.

Tendai fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 6, 2015

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The most elaborate suicide ever

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FreudianSlippers posted:

The most elaborate suicide ever
That took me a moment to get. How the hell did that happen?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Tendai posted:

That took me a moment to get. How the hell did that happen?
No other leaders involved in the battle, maybe? The 'killed in battle' event sets FROMFROM as the killer, but there's nothing explaining how the engine decides who FROMFROM is, for combat events. And no check in place that FROMFROM isn't the same character as ROOT.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

jerman999 posted:

Horse Lords is on sale for $3.74:

http://www.wingamestore.com/product/4704/Crusader-Kings-II-Horse-Lords/

I just purchased this and it activated fine on my Steam account. This website also has some of the other DLCs for sale (I picked up the Republic, finally, too).

I bought Horse Lords plus the Content Pack, but I can only activate the Content Pack. Horse Lords says "Processing Purchase, Check Back Later". Anyone else seeing this?

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I did another ironman game, this time as the seljuk turks; invaded Anatolia, destroyed the first crusade, kicked the poo poo out of Georgia and used the downtime to pick up the Great Hunter , Family Bliss and Hajj achievments, then got into a race with the Hungarians , Pechengs and Serbians to see who could burn down the Byzantine empire first.

Then I accidentally clicked the convert to province religion button instead of the loan button and self destructed the entire Sultanate in three years.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Ah, hell, they changed Zunist judgement so that it can only be done on your direct vassals. Ruins the whole point of it, which is to send every prisoner you take through the gauntlet.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
My ironman games keep corrupting, even after reinstalling several times. I don't have any mods and it's all the same patch - does anyone have any ideas? The Paradox forums were largely unhelpful.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Strudel Man posted:

Ah, hell, they changed Zunist judgement so that it can only be done on your direct vassals. Ruins the whole point of it, which is to send every prisoner you take through the gauntlet.

It had the potential to create awesome situations, like when I captured a neighboring Indian duke in battle, then hurled him into a pit. He gained Strong and hated the poo poo out of me and kept trying to wreck me with his better Martial score.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

It had the potential to create awesome situations, like when I captured a neighboring Indian duke in battle, then hurled him into a pit. He gained Strong and hated the poo poo out of me and kept trying to wreck me with his better Martial score.
I know! What a pointless change.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
So the sole actually redeeming quality for Zunists other than their festival, i.e, they don't have to fiddle around with the annoying intrigue interface to get rid of useless prisoners, is gone?

Welp.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Aethernet posted:

My ironman games keep corrupting, even after reinstalling several times. I don't have any mods and it's all the same patch - does anyone have any ideas? The Paradox forums were largely unhelpful.

That happened to me as well, I never really got a solution.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Trying to save Sicily and southern Italy is just giving me so much trouble. I lost everything to a Jihad. The Seljuks took it all, and I got shunted out into the half of Sardinia that I fought so hard for, and my ruler died, leaving nothing but a regency for his daughter, I figured that was pretty much game over, and I married the princess off to the prince of Castille, figuring that I could just ride out the regency and then jump into his head, that would work for roleplay purposes. The game wouldn't even let me have that, some loser from an obscure branch of the lineage pulled some weird takeover, kicking my last heir off the throne before she even had the chance to properly sit on it.

:sigh:

So I loaded up the next save after that, and I jumped into Castille, and that was okay, I guess, I managed to make some decent headway on conquering muslims here and there, even though Galicia kept poaching my vassals somehow. I figured I could reconquer that pointless northern half of Sardinia to reclaim some kind of contiguity with my last royal line, when I notice that the jerk who deposed my heir died, and he left his daughter in a regency, and since she wasn't old enough to have kids, her heir was...my wife, the one true heir to the de Hauteville family. That's a straightforward assassination opportunity if I've ever seen one. So I start a plot to kill her, and of course it took forever for it to finally land, and in that time the Pope launched a reconquista of Sicily, which gave the usurper all the land that I lost to the jihad, making it an even more attractive target for inheritance.

But of course, the plot took forever to take affect, even with over 200% power, and during that time I had to watch from afar as my old kingdom of Sicily steadily lost land to the HRE. When my wife finally did inherit the kingdom back, the Byzantines declared holy war upon her (somehow they had flopped over into Islam when I wasn't looking), and there was nothing I could do to help her fend off their attack, especially with the holy orders busy somewhere else. Now half the Kingdom of Sicily has been taken by the HRE and the Byzantines, and when eventually Sicily and Castille are united in their single heir, there'll still be nothing I can do to stand up against the two empires. :gonk: Even if I go back to plan B and bugger off to Spain, the HRE's going to come get me eventually. It's a monster, it's gobbled up half of Europe now, and France is too falling apart to provide any real buffer.

Basically, tl;dr how do you stand up to either of the empires?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
First off by not using the console like a bitch.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
What the hell happened here

Ive traced this fucker to his origins and he is the son of a khan in khazaria. But how the hell was he strong enough to take the Bizzantine Empire? The bizantines were the most powerful nation in the world, I had checked the ledger a bit before this happened. It had like 25K armies while Khazaria had only around 10K. Then how could a subject of Khazaria be strong enough to take then? Is this some new kind of adventurers or something?

Also, it is only 867, and look at those mongol blobs

Im Uyghur, Ive started as a vassal Khan and this is only my third ruler. Nobody can stop us now, not the christians nor the muslims nor the indus.

Specially since the tradicional blobs seems to have been nerfed somehow, both the Arabian Empire and the Karling blob exploded very early. The only force that could at least slow us down was the bizzantines, and then that happened.

So playing a horse lord is loads of fun, but I suppose there is still some balancing to be done, it seems way to easy now.

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Sep 7, 2015

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

SlothfulCobra posted:

Basically, tl;dr how do you stand up to either of the empires?

Ironically, by using the console even more. Imprison will win any war at any time (I've used this to ensure the Rise of the Shia is actually viable), religion changes can make interesting things happen (Germanic Byzantium is not as hilariously failure-prone as you might expect thanks to the viceroyalties), and just add_trait can give you an edge (Try sticking Decadent on the Basileus and all his children).

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dareon posted:

Ironically, by using the console even more. Imprison will win any war at any time (I've used this to ensure the Rise of the Shia is actually viable), religion changes can make interesting things happen (Germanic Byzantium is not as hilariously failure-prone as you might expect thanks to the viceroyalties), and just add_trait can give you an edge (Try sticking Decadent on the Basileus and all his children).

:nallears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Ok, googling isn't working, is there nowhere where I can get a convenient look at the nomad build-tree? Pretty annoying.

• Locked thread