Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gorilla Salad posted:

So what makes you an expert in fairy pissing? Why can't fairies piss golden stars?

Unicorns poop rainbows and marshmallows :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Mercury Hat posted:

Oh and to tie it back to Kevin Bacon, he did the vocal effects for the graboid in Tremors.

That's great.

My favourite voice actor is the original Shredder from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon show, James Avery, or Uncle Phil from the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. I can't watch either without thinking of the other.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

prefect posted:

I just looked that episode up on IMDB, and they got the voice lady from My Little Pony to do the voice of Tinkles. That's pretty neat.

Beaten, but yeah, Tara Strong is way more than just "the MLP lady". She's one of the most prolific voice actors currently working.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU KNOW THIS

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

Beaten, but yeah, Tara Strong is way more than just "the MLP lady". She's one of the most prolific voice actors currently working.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU KNOW THIS

I like her best as Raven in Teen Titans Go!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
This is one long wikipedia entry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Strong

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Mercury Hat posted:

For prolific voice actors, my go-to is Frank Welker who's Fred's original voice actor from Scooby-Doo, Nibbler (both speaking and squawking) in Futurama and basically any cartoon animal like the big golden eagle from Rescuers Down Under.

Oh and to tie it back to Kevin Bacon, he did the vocal effects for the graboid in Tremors.

IIRC, if you look at every movie he's been in (voice and live-action), he's the highest-grossing actor ever.

edit: Nope, I guess those last couple Marvel movies pushed Samuel L Jackson into the lead.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

jesus CHRIST the loving footnotes section is 1/3 of the entry.

Also if you thought that was long, just look up Troy Baker's entry, or Steve Blum

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Oh boy, here I got postin' again

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
I wonder how long Charlie Adler's entry is? I remember that guy being everywhere, when I was a kid.

Turns out, not too shabby.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

That's great - it's so long that by the time I got to the bottom of it I had forgotten why I was on it and thought 'oh, cool, she was in Rick & Morty - that's interesting'.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Brutal.

However, I will see your awkward video, and raise you THIS BULLSHIT. The first time I saw it, there was much gnashing of teeth and I wanted to leap out of a window. The douche chills were truly that intense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ITftz_kbNs

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Gonz posted:

Brutal.

However, I will see your awkward video, and raise you THIS BULLSHIT. The first time I saw it, there was much gnashing of teeth and I wanted to leap out of a window. The douche chills were truly that intense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ITftz_kbNs

The video that I literally can't watch all at once is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mloc0jh6kV4 it's 2 minutes long and I just feel so embarrassed for everyone involved.

Or this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbfBjo-Mw6U

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I've never seen that before.

"It's an alternative operating system. Like a hip-hop operating system."

:stare:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

This guy is now a D&D mod, btw.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Philip Rivers posted:

It had some cool sets but I can barely think of a single gag off the top of my head except the Pirates of the Pancreas thing.

e: Also Bonetrain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkQLjidCUh8

I think it was a pretty good episode all around, it just seems like they could have done a lot more with the concept.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

So I just discovered this show the other day and just finished binging through it with my fiance.
I think this might be my new favorite show (at least while the Venture Brothers is in it's off-time).

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

So I just discovered this show the other day and just finished binging through it with my fiance.
I think this might be my new favorite show (at least while the Venture Brothers is in it's off-time).

I love your account name. It's a good book, isn't it?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

CrazyLoon posted:

I love your account name. It's a good book, isn't it?

You're the first person to ever recognize it. Goddamned great book.
Almost makes that liberal arts education worth it.
Almost.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Next two ep titles (from here) are:

13:30
S02E07 - Big Trouble In Little Sanchez
Air Date: 9/14/2015, 1:30:00 PM - 7 days from now

9/21/2015
S02E08 - Interdimensional Cable 2: Tempting Fate
Air Date: 9/21/2015, 1:30:00 PM - 14 days from now

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Stoat posted:

Next two ep titles (from here) are:

S02E07 - Big Trouble In Little Sanchez
Air Date: 9/14/2015, 1:30:00 PM - 7 days from now

9/21/2015
S02E08 - Interdimensional Cable 2: Tempting Fate
Air Date: 9/21/2015, 1:30:00 PM - 14 days from now

I was going to :spergin: out and ask if episode titles were really spoilers, but yeah that second one sort of is. I'm very ready.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Last Chance posted:

I was going to :spergin: out and ask if episode titles were really spoilers, but yeah that second one sort of is. I'm very ready.

Yea, the second one is, but given that ITT it's been mentioned before as confirmed, that this season would have its own Rixty Minutes episode, it's not that much of a spoiler. Granted, someone may have missed that bit of info so, sure.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Dan wrote six paintball episodes of Community and then various other "game" episodes on top of that. Of course he's going to rehash Rixty Minutes every season, because running poo poo into the ground is his house style.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

Dan wrote six paintball episodes of Community and then various other "game" episodes on top of that. Of course he's going to rehash Rixty Minutes every season, because running poo poo into the ground is his house style.

And everyone is gonna eat it up each and every time they do it. I'm hoping Justin is enough keep this show fresh.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Justin's drunken madness is probably enough to keep improv episodes interesting for a while. Besides, they'll probably have a good b-story alongside it too like they did last time.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Solice Kirsk posted:

And everyone is gonna eat it up each and every time they do it. I'm hoping Justin is enough keep this show fresh.

Like I said, the main appeal of Rixty Minutes for me were the clips where the 4th wall broke and you could just imagine the chaos in making them. Doing that once is cool, funny and nice to see the artists not taking themselves that seriously. But trying to sustain and repeat that a second time while keeping it fresh is...challenging, to say the least.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Irish Joe posted:

:perfect:

Also I stopped watching Community like 2 or 3 seasons in for obvious reasons, but goddamn, SIX paintball episodes?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Irish Joe posted:

Are you counting the episodes in Season 4 when Dan had been fired?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I only saw the first episode of the yahoo series of community and it was just miserable. I'm trying to imagine that tone kept throughout and also a paintball episode and goddamn.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Krinkle posted:

I only saw the first episode of the yahoo series of community and it was just miserable. I'm trying to imagine that tone kept throughout and also a paintball episode and goddamn.

The S6 paintball episode doesn't have a single joke.

There is one slightly amusing section where the twinky bald guy gets into an elevator fight like Captain America, but that's more of a clever reference than an actual joke.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

CrazyLoon posted:

Like I said, the main appeal of Rixty Minutes for me were the clips where the 4th wall broke and you could just imagine the chaos in making them. Doing that once is cool, funny and nice to see the artists not taking themselves that seriously. But trying to sustain and repeat that a second time while keeping it fresh is...challenging, to say the least.

I liked the silly tv shows.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

This show makes me wonder, how dull would it be to actually be a hive mind? Nothing seems dynamic about it, in the end you're stuck with yourself and you can't connect with anyone.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

You'd have access to all the memories of the people you've taken over so that would be fun.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

theflyingexecutive posted:

You'd have access to all the memories of the people you've taken over so that would be fun.

But what would you do with those memories? The people she took over on the planet in Auto-Erotic Assimilation were all pretty hosed up, there can't be anything fun about reliving all the traumas and crimes that seem to be part of life there.

I don't know, the whole episode really depresses me.

e: on the other hand it's worth watching for "GO SON GO!"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

FireWorksWell posted:

This show makes me wonder, how dull would it be to actually be a hive mind? Nothing seems dynamic about it, in the end you're stuck with yourself and you can't connect with anyone.
Based on how Unity described it ("he used to be a plumber, now he's a physicist") I'm guessing that each of her bodies operate as a sealed instance of her, living their own lives and gaining different experiences, which are all shared with the Unity hivemind. The consciousness of the hivemind proper can inhabit any of these bodies for a time, but it doesn't actively control all of them: they're usually on 'autopilot', fulfilling their roles.

There, now I've put more thought into this than they did.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

FireWorksWell posted:

But what would you do with those memories? The people she took over on the planet in Auto-Erotic Assimilation were all pretty hosed up, there can't be anything fun about reliving all the traumas and crimes that seem to be part of life there.

not to mention the seething hatred between your parts that have different-shaped nipples

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

FireWorksWell posted:

Unity does seem to have some self esteem issues. They mentions in their good bye note to rick that they have a problem with themselves and that no matter how many people they assimilates they never feel complete.They're not sure what they want or what it will take to make them happy, the only thing they know for certain is that being with Rick is bad for them.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Krinkle posted:

It gets better, Keith David joins the main cast in episode 2 and he's a better fit for the show than a lot of the main cast members that have come and gone over the years. Plus his intro is that he's a charlatan selling horribly impractical VR computer operating systems so if you're a R&M fan you're probably enough of a nerd to enjoy the extended riffing on Lawnmower Man/Hackers style implausible interfaces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQEiXST_qms

It kind of drags in the middle but it gets better towards the end and the final episode is like 5 levels of 4th wall-breaking :catdrugs:. I'd say it's one of the best seasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1Pf_X_mgwM

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm sorry to extend the Dan Harmon derail, but can someone expand on "paintball"? Like is it just an episode where the characters all play paintball and their interpersonal relationships play out on the battlefield? That sounds like it could be good, but maybe only because I have very fond memories of the paintball episode of Salute Your Shorts.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bust Rodd posted:

I'm sorry to extend the Dan Harmon derail, but can someone expand on "paintball"? Like is it just an episode where the characters all play paintball and their interpersonal relationships play out on the battlefield? That sounds like it could be good, but maybe only because I have very fond memories of the paintball episode of Salute Your Shorts.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Most of them are pretty good or at least okay. Some of them have themes like "wild west" or "spy". Watch the first paint ball episode if you've never seen the show, it's a good introduction to the series.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

In the first season there was an episode where the dean announced a campus wide paintball tournament and the winner gets to choose their own schedule i.e. give yourself a five day weekend and no morning classes if you want so instead of a fun organized skirmish like he planned it breaks down instantly into a mad max style wasteland of betrayal and fragile alliances. It was a cool idea, a great episode, I made people give the show a chance because of this episode and the risks they took. The next season they did it again and it was like hah what if this became a thing can you imagine? The next season they did it again. The next season they did it again. Apparently in the yahoo series they loving did it again so basically by paintball we mean beating a dead horse into a gritty horse slurry and then splattering the equine colloidal paste even further just ruining the drapes and your nice white suit.

I mean when fonzie jumped the shark they didn't make him do it again next year and the year after. They didn't have "the shark jumping episode" become their thing. They said look at this cool thing alright now back to the regular show until we get cancelled and spin off.

• Locked thread