Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Mukip posted:

That's a very unfortunate name for a Warhammer podcast.

You mean appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Renfield posted:

Skirmish level- infinity for Sci-Fi, Frostgrave(apparantly, havent played it) for fantasy, Malifeaux for screampunk
Medium level, Warmahoards
Mass-Fantasy is Kings of War

Second vote for both Infinity and Warmahordes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Has that tournament with only 9 people signed up taken place yet?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

If you're talking about the same one I'm thinking of, the tournament was dated before it was posted here.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It's supposedly happening at NOVA right now. Who knows.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I'll try asking my friends if they noticed but they were probably having too much fun playing in the 4 x-wing tournaments held over the weekend to notice.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Mukip posted:

That's a very unfortunate name for a Warhammer podcast.

I'm not sure why (english is my second language), but considering they have a "sex toy of the week" segment I'm sure its intentional.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
I thought AoS wasn't supposed to have codexes, but this "Battletome" appears to be one? 1000 copies of the LE, guys, better pre-order cos I don't see the AoS original LE anywhere on the site. Probably will sell fast.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

GreenMarine posted:

I thought AoS wasn't supposed to have codexes, but this "Battletome" appears to be one? 1000 copies of the LE, guys, better pre-order cos I don't see the AoS original LE anywhere on the site. Probably will sell fast.

Yeah right, as if GW would resist the opportunity to release a 70 dollar book. They'll release the scrolls or whatever for the minis separately, but they will continue to release expensive "battletomes", with the only change that they'll now just consist of fluff, pictures of miniatures, and special bonus formations that you need to buy the army book to use.

Foly hucking spitballs, the limited edition version is 140 bucks.

Don't miss hits like:

Mystical knowledge reserved to the limited edition, such as:

And lavish insights into what hides behind the solemn death masks, as well as the contents of GW's soul:

Stay tuned for the Stormfront Battletome

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Sep 7, 2015

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Every limited edition battledumb will be available free, online, thanks to communism

Which is why before every AoS game you must demand to see your opponents limited edition battledumb to verify they are playing a legaly dumb army

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Gotta admit this edition of The Turner Diaries has a nice dust jacket.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I'm the magic circles that wouldn't look out of place on Word Bearers armor

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

lilljonas posted:

Yeah right, as if GW would resist the opportunity to release a 70 dollar book. They'll release the scrolls or whatever for the minis separately, but they will continue to release expensive "battletomes", with the only change that they'll now just consist of fluff, pictures of miniatures, and special bonus formations that you need to buy the army book to use.

Don't miss hits like:

And lavish insights into what hides behind the solemn death masks, as well as the contents of GW's soul:

But what IS it???

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

That cant be its real name right

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Skellybones posted:

But what IS it???

According to GW:

* Fluff bullshit about stormfront eternals, along with their stats.
* Three (3) scenarios
* Pictures of little plastic men
* A reprint of the rules pamphlet

quote:

Incredible backstory and details of the Stormcast Eternals - their origins, motivations and trials. Warscrolls for all the various Stormcast Eternal miniatures;
A set of three Battleplans - instructions for fighting incredible battles that follow the exciting narrative of the Realmgate Wars, with special rules and conditions for your miniatures;
Nine Warscroll Battalions - special formations with their own rules;
Stunning photography of beautifully-painted models;
Heraldry and colour schemes for the various Stormhosts;
The complete Warhammer Age of Sigmar rules - play games right away!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Not a viking posted:

I'm not sure why (english is my second language), but considering they have a "sex toy of the week" segment I'm sure its intentional.

They are also from a place called Stephen's Point but since most of their stories end up with Hastings drunk and naked...

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
battledumb

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
hahahaha

I thought those pictures were someone's doodles on an A4 lined pad in blue pen haha

jewel like my rear end

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

lilljonas posted:

Don't miss hits like:

Ah yes, I can clearly understand the motivations of the Thunderstorm Stormkings of the Stormlord Stormstorm now.

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
It looks like they tried to copy the liber chaotica

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It's like a photo negative of Diablo 3 promotional material.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

vintagepurple posted:

It looks like they tried to copy the liber chaotica

It looks like they tried to photocopy the Liber Chaotica and ran out of ink.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Mugaaz posted:

Second vote for both Infinity and Warmahordes.

I would add Deadzone to scifi skirmish. Not only is it a great game with some pretty nice minis (including DORF TERMIES and upcoming SPACE SKAVEN, to use 40k terms), the terrain is fantastic for basically any other scifi game.

Other minis include dogs with chainsaw mouths and bombs strapped to them, teleporting dinosaurs, and a dwarf mercenary in power armor with big platfoom boots so that he stands at human height.

Oh, and another power armor dwarf character that can literally do a Dawn of War style deep strike, complete with throwing surrounding models around--potentially off ledges to their doom!

Also the human power armor people actually look like they can MOVE properly, have cool jetpacks, are mixed gender explicitly, and are still PEOPLE despite being power armor supersoldiers!

The game itself has a neat mechanic where you have a deck of objective cards. You each draw one openly to determine deployment zones and who deploys/goes first, then you draw a second one to keep hidden. THAT card tells you your objectives--kill dudes, recover stuff, control areas, infiltrate off the enemy's board edge, etc. The result is a bluff-double bluff where you and the opponent are trying to complete your goal without revealing it, while trying to figure out the other player's so you can foil it!

It's a really good game.

Esser-Z fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 7, 2015

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Esser-Z posted:

It's a really good game.

And it fits in well with the thread theme of :siren: GIVE MANTIC MORE MONEY :siren:

For real though I'd buy like three different Mantic products right now if only I had people to play them with :smith:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Drone posted:

And it fits in well with the thread theme of :siren: GIVE MANTIC MORE MONEY :siren:

For real though I'd buy like three different Mantic products right now if only I had people to play them with :smith:

My KoW book arrived today :getin:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Mantic are cool, once they've got a decent range with everything up to their current top quality I'll sink in, I'd try out their football thing if it was more of a straight Blood Bowl port.
Blood Bowl is probably the only thing I'd buy off of GW if they released it again. Age of Sigmar tanked so hard I went from potentially enthused to play Fantasy to actually sort of hating even my beloved 40k lore because of how it looks in the baleful light shone by Sigmar's radiance.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Dreadball is way better than blood bowl

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Phoon posted:

Yeah it's a different game but it works a lot better- it's got more flow, less cageball which is a lot more fun imo than super blockfests. It's sad though that the bashy teams they made in the first season kinda suck because bash ain't enough in this game.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Phoon posted:

Care to explain?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I hear Guild Ball is p. sweet. Going to check out some demos this afternoon before Infinity night. :getin:

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Not a viking posted:

Care to explain?

It's quicker, the balance is better and the ability to stack multiple actions on one player allows for sudden exciting twists

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Phoon posted:

It's quicker, the balance is better and the ability to stack multiple actions on one player allows for sudden exciting twists

Also there are far fewer ways for your turn to randomly end.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

I rather want to try Dreadball, but I only have so much time and space and money. I'm not even close to finishing painting my DZ stuff, and that's BEFORE Infestation arrives.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Corbeau posted:

I hear Guild Ball is p. sweet. Going to check out some demos this afternoon before Infinity night. :getin:

It really is incredibly sweet but despite it looking like a sports game it plays much more like Malifaux or similar skirmish game than Bloodbowl. It's very very good though.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Funny you guys just started talking about Dreadball - I nearly just bought it with the 'LABOR15" discount code on the Mantic site. It's good until Wednesday and with 15% and free shipping a copy of Dreadball is only £42.50 rather than £50

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I'd love to play a minis sports game, but I hate football and rugby. Now, if someone were to make a hockey game, i'd probably go broke buying everything available for it.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Blood Bowl is a game about managing risk and is based around hugely swingy mechanics and a dubious approach to balance, both for one off games and leagues.

Dreadball is quite different in approach and for me is far less frustrating to play.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Silhouette posted:

I'd love to play a minis sports game, but I hate football and rugby. Now, if someone were to make a hockey game, i'd probably go broke buying everything available for it.

Dreadball is basically a basketball / ice hockey combo

enrious
Jan 22, 2015
And given how terrible Mantic's website is (I keep getting timeouts right now), you know they're catching up to GW in terms of support*.

* likely for less than $8 million.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Silhouette posted:

Dreadball is hockey

• Locked thread