Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keg
Sep 22, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJokRFEAupg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Holy gently caress he looks 80

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Wow does he look old, and what a douche for defending Tom loving Brady.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Does anyone have the beginning of April 2nd, 2015 for Ron & Fez?

Want to hear Ron say "Cape Fear Laugh! HAHAHAHA" :unsmith:

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Opie going for the Imus look I see

Meth Rollins
Jun 24, 2005
Omg I'm howl-ing

https://youtu.be/gB-GRqymRik

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Could have been a male model

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

dem pores

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Opie is just embarrassingly awful.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

If you're going to move from a Brian Regan ripoff "twitter voice" to a Chip ripoff "Harry Hater" (why is a 50 year old man using the word "hater" by the way) then maybe you shouldn't repeatedly use phrases like "pompous rear end" that Jim is known for using.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

That is 100% a bobo bit

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

It bothers me that Opie has absolutely no decorations or pictures or art on his walls.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Keg posted:

It bothers me that Opie has absolutely no decorations or pictures or art on his walls.

Real talk what's the most creative non-'viral attempt' thing Opie's ever done? Not trying to be a "hater" just seriously wondering.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Probably when he stepped on that homeless dude's cake.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Morter posted:

Real talk what's the most creative non-'viral attempt' thing Opie's ever done? Not trying to be a "hater" just seriously wondering.
Well, literally everything he's ever filmed on his own was uploaded with the intent to go viral, he simply didn't do that before he heard of viral videos. I can't think of a single video he's done that would ever qualify as "creative." All of the "best" videos he's uploaded are just studio footage that he happened to capture, like Patrice laughing at Bobo's up and down game.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 6, 2015

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
Ugh. Opie is awful on every conceivable level.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Cromulent posted:

Well, literally everything he's ever filmed on his own was uploaded with the intent to go viral, he simply didn't do that before he heard of viral videos. I can't think of a single video he's done that would ever qualify as "creative." All of the "best" videos he's uploaded are just studio footage that he happened to capture, like Patrice laughing at Bobo's up and down game.

Oh, I don't mean videos. I mean an actual action of some kind. Like production or a bit for the show.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Morter posted:

Oh, I don't mean videos. I mean an actual action of some kind. Like production or a bit for the show.

Probably the most successful was doing a run-in on Ron & Fez during Rum Day. He comes barging in when somebody brings up him getting in the newspaper, plays along with it perfectly and bounces when Dave starts creeping on him.

Arguably, it's the only time he's ever held his own with a comedic group.

If you're talking about bits...I dunno, baby poo poo mustache?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I've enjoyed the couple times Opie was on Ron and Fez cause he wasn't trying to be "the guy."

He also asked Fez some kind of Batman question, which caused Fez to have a mental breakdown.

Otherwise I haven't paid attention to him much.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
Anthony's Vista install video becoming super viral must have destroyed opie inside.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

That was a bit before Opie got obsessed with going viral. It was probably Sam's iphone line interviews going viral that got him.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Sankis posted:

That was a bit before Opie got obsessed with going viral. It was probably Sam's iphone line interviews going viral that got him.

No, I definitely remember Opie yelling "VOAIRUHL VIDEO!!" the same way he would repeat "THE IPHONE KILLUHR!" way before the iphone line video.

I mean, I'm sure Opie got bitter about the Sam thing but I'm certain he was viral-obsessed before then.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
This goes back, but the funniest thing Opie ever did was "Take the wig."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VApYq16ytb4

JFC fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 7, 2015

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
The sound of gifted poker chips being thrown across a room was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ16sUM0Qmk

And then there's poo poo like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHNZC7lc5mw

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Sep 7, 2015

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
He was good at being The Destroyer, and good at making people uncomfortable. That persona died out years ago, though.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Oh no I'd still say he's good at making people uncomfortable.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Morter posted:

No, I definitely remember Opie yelling "VOAIRUHL VIDEO!!" the same way he would repeat "THE IPHONE KILLUHR!" way before the iphone line video.

I mean, I'm sure Opie got bitter about the Sam thing but I'm certain he was viral-obsessed before then.

I'm not saying he wasn't viral obsessed before the Sam thing i'm just saying he wasn't viral obsessed in 2007 when Ant did the vista thing.

edit: Though I'm probably wrong either way. That was around the time they were obsessed with break.com

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Morter posted:

Oh no I'd still say he's good at making people uncomfortable.

Harry the Hater made me more uncomfortable than the cake stomping.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
The Bonfire marathon = fire Opie and Jim and give these guys half their salaries.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Huh. Ron just said Bennington is moving to 9PM. Fine with me.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
9 to midnight? That's the helldump shift.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do
I think that is a joking response to the Sam Roberts Show being moved to 9-midnight. Sam made a statement that it was in the best interest of the show for him to not be competing with Bennington.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

ada shatan posted:

I think that is a joking response to the Sam Roberts Show being moved to 9-midnight. Sam made a statement that it was in the best interest of the show for him to not be competing with Bennington.

Oh, wasn't aware of that, hah.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
If Sam is going to 9pm i assume he's totally done producing for Opie then.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I guess the last "viral" thing Opie did was get the Anthony Weiner dick pic out to the public.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

T Bowl posted:

If Sam is going to 9pm i assume he's totally done producing for Opie then.

I think he has been since his show started. I'm pretty sad about the move though. I'm in my car for some of 12-2 every day but never 9-12.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Victorkm posted:

I think he has been since his show started. I'm pretty sad about the move though. I'm in my car for some of 12-2 every day but never 9-12.

If you'd like I could phone you everyday and drone on in a nasal whiny voice about wrestling for two hours.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

If you'd like I could phone you everyday and drone on in a nasal whiny voice about wrestling for two hours.

His show is actually a lot better than that, and you can tell he puts a lot of time and effort into it. I am no Sam fan either, I wanted to dislike it but it's actually not that bad.

Wonder why they didn't just do 3-6pm.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I stand by what I said about the Bonfire too.... they sound like Opie and Anthony in their XM heyday around 2007 but younger, more in tune with the audience, and more funny with less people in studio.

Opie still having a show and being paid more than he was before Anthony left is a loving travesty. It's radio, fire his loving rear end and move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Some healthy advice from the best twitter account on Earth:

https://twitter.com/iamcolinquinn/status/641275309485068288

quote:

Fall is a time of renewal: Help a jerk pick out a couch. Foster an environment of fear at work. Bring shame on your village

• Locked thread