Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

Faslane contracts reignite row over Trident renewal

Telegraph:

Wes Craven, US horror filmmaker, dies aged 76

Independent:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Like Blood
Sep 9, 2009
The Independent's cartoonist is just the loving worst.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

I don't really understand what's going on in the Nightmare on Downing Street Thing? Is it just Director Died? Or does it reference something I don't get. They could've at least dressed up Corbyn as Freddie, you'd think.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Junior G-man posted:

I don't really understand what's going on in the Nightmare on Downing Street Thing? Is it just Director Died? Or does it reference something I don't get. They could've at least dressed up Corbyn as Freddie, you'd think.

Read the writing on the claws. Immigrants are coming to kill you in your sleep! :fuckoff:

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Kegluneq posted:

Read the writing on the claws. Immigrants are coming to kill you in your sleep! :fuckoff:

Jesus loving Christ :suicide:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Just like the movie, the "immigrant threat" is just fiction. AGC

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
The cartoon is "A Nightmare on Downing Street" not "Nightmare in Britain", the joke is clearly about Cameron being scared of the immigration crisis, not about immigrants being a threat to Britain. The only question is whether you are supposed to view Cameron as being the hero of the piece, rightfully scared, or the villain who only cares about having to deal with something that might hurt his popularity.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Cliff Racer posted:

The cartoon is "A Nightmare on Downing Street" not "Nightmare in Britain", the joke is clearly about Cameron being scared of the immigration crisis, not about immigrants being a threat to Britain. The only question is whether you are supposed to view Cameron as being the hero of the piece, rightfully scared, or the villain who only cares about having to deal with something that might hurt his popularity.
It's the Telegraph, so both simultaneously.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
While I have a similar reading, I didn't bother to post it because its quite a mean point and "boy, these refugees are a real political nightmare" is still quite a bad position to hold.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Finally borrowed a laptop off a mate. Update quality should improve. Cartoon quality can never be guaranteed.

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Tony and Cherie Blair – As former PM criticises Jeremy Corbyn‘s ‘Alice in Wonderland’ politics, more emails emerge suggesting his wife lobbied Hillary Clinton on behalf of Qatari prince" After Tenniel.

Telegraph:

EU referendum: Farage says immigration will be key

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on...The migrant crisis

'Sorry, can't stop. I'm trying to add another seven years to my life'.

Mac on... NHS give aways

'Well honestly. The NHS pays for a fun packed, health giving holiday and all you can do is moan!'

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Upraised fist...RT...PressTV...ummmm scary thing number 4 uhhhhh....a JIHADIST!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Oh, I get it. Benefits of a brisk walk. It's always about benefits with those foreign types.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That looks more like Corbyn's just woken up and is trying to work out why his kidnappers have put such a bizarre glove on his hand.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

It looks more like Corbyn's raising his tiny fist in the air and there's a bunch of stuff stuck to his elbow for some reason. Political Cartoon!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron and the migration crisis – PM has spoken out on the situation across Europe as Rebekah Brooks returns to head Rupert Murdoch’s UK newspaper operations"

Telegraph:

New Zealand unveils flag finalists, to mixed reviews

Independent:

Chuka Umunna: 'We must support our new leader'

Times:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I think this guy has had a stroke. First Corbyn's jihadi finger and now 'an ISIL thing happened' with UKIP and the iconic British Statue of Liberty

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Nah those are different Times guys. Farage is heavily armed :ocelot:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron's response to the refugee crisis – PM has responded to growing international and domestic pressure for Britain to take more refugees by saying that the UK would ‘fulfil its moral responsibilities’"

Telegraph:

Based on this image of a drowned boy, on the cover of most newspapers yesterday.

Independent:

Times:

Caught on camera: Spanish migrant hiding in car engine

Mail:
Mac on... Eurotunnel migrants

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Adams does a surprisingly great job!

Mac is unsurprising

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm not sure if the Mac is an 'anchor marriage' thing or a 'migrant crisis is happening and some middle class children are unmarriagable thing' but gently caress off Mac anyway.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

That's unfair, you should give him the benefit of the doubt it's Mac, it's both

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Adams wins, followed by Brooke.

Adcock the loser.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Cliff Racer posted:

Adams wins, followed by Brooke.

I think I must be horribly misreading the Adams one or something. It reads to me like 'sure, there's a dead child and that's very sad, but the big picture is that countless hordes of migrants are swarming our shores and they're getting here just fine'. The final outer frame does indicate that they are all fleeing warfare, but I'm finding that negative impression hard to shift. :/

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Bell's is brilliant. "I'm deeply moved" is a laugh out loud punchline.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Kegluneq posted:

I think I must be horribly misreading the Adams one or something. It reads to me like 'sure, there's a dead child and that's very sad, but the big picture is that countless hordes of migrants are swarming our shores and they're getting here just fine'. The final outer frame does indicate that they are all fleeing warfare, but I'm finding that negative impression hard to shift. :/

If you look closely, there are several people drowning on the edges of the boats, so I think it's more 'there have been many more people dying that haven't been photographed'. Though I don't blame you for assuming the worst, given the sudden U-turn of half the papers deciding that human lives are now more important than the Migrant Menace that was apparently going to destroy us all.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Angepain posted:

If you look closely, there are several people drowning on the edges of the boats, so I think it's more 'there have been many more people dying that haven't been photographed'. Though I don't blame you for assuming the worst, given the sudden U-turn of half the papers deciding that human lives are now more important than the Migrant Menace that was apparently going to destroy us all.
Those people aren't drowning...

And yeah, I am still sceptical. The Sun lasted about two sentences before plunging back into we-must-save-a-few-of-the-'Good-Ones', and Cameron accepting 'thousands more' (jfc) migrants is being considered a sea change (so to speak) in attitudes to migrants.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Yeah looking again on a bigger screen I think you might be right, I thought people were hanging off the boats but they're just dangling their legs and chilling. Praise mostly withdrawn!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I found this on twitter. I'm not entirely sure who published it, maybe I don't want to know.

(This is about the Scottish Parliament going back into session, these are the leaders of the Scottish parties - from left to right, Willie Rennie of the Lib Dems, Kezia Dugdale of Scottish Labour, Nicola Sturgeon, and Patrick Harvie of the Greens, who does usually wear clothes, honest. Ruth Davidson of the Scottish Tories is excluded because I don't know, maybe the artist hates the Tories)

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on David Cameron's response to the refugee crisis – PM sets limits on his plan to accept thousands of extra refugees from Syria, saying involvement in EU scheme for compulsory quotas would encourage ‘dangerous’ journeys across Mediterranean"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... naked selfies

Stephen Collins:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Steve Bell's back from his summer holidays!

If... 31 August - 3 September

I'm not sure when The Penguin became a Lord but I'd guess it was during the cash for honours scandal.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Refugee crisis: journey's end for Aylan - Chris Riddell on the tragic death of three-year-old Aylan Kurdi" :drat:

Independent on Sunday:

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent on Sunday:

Undead migrants are swarming our shores :ohdear:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Britain's response to the refugee crisis – George Osborne claims Britain is morally and practically obliged to provide assistance with ‘a head as well as a heart’"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the drone killing of British citizens in Syria – While killing its own citizens by missiles fired from drones is not new for the US, this is the first time such an attack has been carried out by Britain"

Telegraph:

Stonehenge researchers 'may have found largest Neolithic site'

Independent:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Close, Adams, but you knew that you just had to put their names on the sides because otherwise nobody would know who they were meant to be.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

Of all the songs I'd think the internet would get stuck in my head today, an old Scouting song is not one of them.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

goatface posted:

Close, Adams, but you knew that you just had to put their names on the sides because otherwise nobody would know who they were meant to be.

It took me a good minute of staring at it to even read the word Abbott there. He's label isn't even particularly clear. What a rubbish cartoon.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on... naked selfies

Stephen Collins:

Ok I know these are both dumb but I really laughed.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Signposts and weathercocks. Love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
E: nm

• Locked thread