Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Al-Saqr posted:

Is getting THE DOG a one-time thing? if the fulton fails that's it for the rest of the game?

if it dies that's it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

lets hang out posted:

if it dies that's it

Holy poo poo that WAS a close call then haha.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Al-Saqr posted:

Holy poo poo that WAS a close call then haha.

Liam lives dangerously.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Is there a mission chronological list of things you can miss out on in mgs5?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Also the thing with Liam playing on his own might not go super well because sometimes poo poo just happens and it calls you back to base without any warning for a cutscene or something

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
New friendcast:-

http://superbestfriendsplay.com/podcast/sbfc-109-tassadars-butthole/

I laughed super hard at the episode name.

Is the fatal fury cap now part of Pat's permanent attire?!

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Sep 8, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Watching MGS part 3 is making me turn into Pat. I really hope that Liam even attempts stealth in the future because it's boring watching guns blazing-wait for hp to come back.

Edit: Liam straight up running DD over and not finding him at the start.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Sep 8, 2015

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Watching MGS part 3 is making me turn into Pat. I really hope that Liam even attempts stealth in the future because it's boring watching guns blazing-wait for hp to come back.

Then watch something else then. LIam is gonna go balls out and I wouldn't have it any other way.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Shindragon posted:

Then watch something else then. LIam is gonna go balls out and I wouldn't have it any other way.

This is such a goofy response to someone saying "I hope Liam takes some things slow" :allears:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
You seem to have a knack about bitching everything they do, so excuse me if my immediate retort was to be snappy.

It almost seems you nearly don't like anything they do.

edit: It's also hot as hell over here so I might be a bit cranky.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Sep 8, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The MGSV and Until Dawn LPs are great and what I look forward to every day.

Peace

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i can't wait for the episode that starts with liam saying "well I was doing side ops and uh then i ran into the first boss fight"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Shindragon posted:

You seem to have a knack about bitching everything they do, so excuse me if my immediate retort was to be snappy.

It almost seems you nearly don't like anything they do.

edit: It's also hot as hell over here so I might be a bit cranky.

Nah, it's fine. I like the channel but some things get on my nerves. I'm just vocal about it is all.

Hearing "Liam's so good at MGS" and have him busting into a outpost guns blazing and nearly dead at all times was just a bummer.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It sucks that MGS 5 has only one save file because there is some stuff that is VERY important that he might accidentally bump into off-camera. Presumably when he plays the game on his own time it'll be on another platform or something so that doesn't happen, but who knows.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Nah, it's fine. I like the channel but some things get on my nerves. I'm just vocal about it is all.

Hearing "Liam's so good at MGS" and have him busting into a outpost guns blazing and nearly dead at all times was just a bummer.

Fair enough mang, I apologize. It just sucks rear end here in Cali right now.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The nearly is what makes him so good, though.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Al-Saqr posted:

Is the fatal fury cap now part of Pat's permanent attire?!

It better fuckin' not be! I started doin' that poo poo like a month and a half before him. As a fellow guy that's starting to lose some hair I need it more than him because I don't have Youtube notoriety to fall back on! :bahgawd:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

CJacobs posted:

It sucks that MGS 5 has only one save file because there is some stuff that is VERY important that he might accidentally bump into off-camera. Presumably when he plays the game on his own time it'll be on another platform or something so that doesn't happen, but who knows.

Liam said on the podcast that if anything special ever happens while he's playing on his own, he'll just rip the power cord out as fast as he can.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm having trouble downloading the latest podcasts. The download just interrupts whenever it feels like, usually at 30MBs. Is there anything I can do to secure it?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I've come around on the MGSV LP. Liam and Pat have a good rapport going and Liam's pretty good at the game, and now they've got how they're going to handle story stuff worked out. A lot more optimistic than those initial first two episodes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
How much grinding did Liam do, I'm like a couple missions ahead of him and he's got like a loving shield and poo poo.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

How much grinding did Liam do, I'm like a couple missions ahead of him and he's got like a loving shield and poo poo.

apparently all he's doing between sessions is grinding

maybe not even eating or sleeping

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
He's played 30 hours of phantom pain?! The gently caress?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

(e): Never mind I'm bad.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Sep 8, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Tae posted:

Did you trasnfer your save from Ground Zeroes? That's where most of the stuff he has comes from. Also, he has 30 hours in Ground Zeroes. Not TPP. I don't think there is enough for Liam to do in TPP at this point in time to have 30 hours in it.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Im guessing the ocelot stuff isnt available on pc

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Baal posted:

The MGSV and Until Dawn LPs are great and what I look forward to every day.

Peace

Same here.

Also yeah, the ocelot stuff is day-one bonuses that aren't available on the PC (despite saying that they were going to be when I pre-ordered my copy.)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
From what I've played so far, the "important" missions are pretty clear even when they're side ops, so I don't think Liam is gonna stumble into one while playing on his own.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I'm playing through Until Dawn a second time to Platinum it, and there's a lot of little decisions that change the game, its interesting.

This time, Jessica ended up wearing jeans and a t-shirt when she got pulled off instead of bra + panties like sable circa 1999, which is really cool, though I don't know what changed it. After I finish it for the save everyone ending, I'm gonna hate doing the 'murder everyone' ending.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's mostly how you behave as Mike. Say comforting things, don't do stupid stuff like pulling a deer's head off, etc...

As for MGSV, I eagerly anticipate the reaction to chapter 2's gameplay content.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

HGH posted:

It's mostly how you behave as Mike. Say comforting things, don't do stupid stuff like pulling a deer's head off, etc...

Actually, I suspect what you choose as Matt earlier has influence on it. I think on a meta level, they programmed it so that if you side with Jessica in the fight with Emily, therefore sealing the fact that Matt won't fire the flare gun, she maintains more clothes for when they meet up in the mine later. There's a lot of weird choices you wouldn't think have effects later, but then it turns out they change things sweepingly.

Mike didn't kill the deer, and his stats were almost the same as the first time. I think one change is Mike didn't try and charm her, instead opting to listen to her talk.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Good news beef, there's dub chat

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Liam ran over DD and didn't notice it :cripes:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I actually listened to the JoJo dub chat in the previous podcast and Woolie just sounded like he couldn't handle hearing the characters in not Japanese rather than saying the English voice acting is actually bad which is fine. It helps that no one else unceremoniously poo poo on it for no reason but Pat's "Joseph is like Terry Bogard" comment was weird. Maybe this one won't be bad.

Also please stop putting up Despair Girls episodes and put up more Until Dawn it MGSV instead, Ty based matt

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

I kind of want to see Mat and Pat play Zombies ate my Neighbours for Shitstorm, partly because it's chock full of hammer-horror monsters and mostly because it's a shared-screen multiplayer, which always ends well :allears:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
The podcast curse is real. Thank the lord.

https://twitter.com/Capcom_UK/status/641264964175532032

Dragon Dogma: Dark Arisen is coming to PC in January

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

havenwaters posted:

The podcast curse is real. Thank the lord.

https://twitter.com/Capcom_UK/status/641264964175532032

Dragon Dogma: Dark Arisen is coming to PC in January

Holy motherfucking poo poo

edit: That's not even an overexaggeration of how I actually feel about this either, this is wonderful news oh my god

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

This is the best news

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ZAMN is one of my favorite snes games, and the multiplayer is the very DEFINITION of shitstorm. I hope they do it too :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh wow, is dark arisen the original DD, or a sequel? Dragons dogma was console exclusive before, right?