Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!

This one is amazing! I tried taking some shots out the window of the last flight I was on, but nothing as good as this. Also didn't have my DSLR, so I was just using my phone.

Here's one I took at an event on Saturday:

IMG_1908 by Mazda Life Photography, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
The photo doesn't really show anything off. You can't see anything interesting on the car other than a small amount of what looks to be a massive welded flare, and the dude in it has his back to you with a blank black shirt and you can't really see much of his face. Theres just not much substance to it.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
I'll give it a go. On the way home tonight and had to fuel up the car and fell in love with the lighting. Dark but the glow from the store inviting me in to become fat on the ice cream I was about to eat.

DSCF6911 by jarredsutherland, on Flickr

I've already commented on this but I will comment again. I honestly cannot find anything I do not like about this photo, I love how it makes me feel like I'm being sucked in .. almost like that tunnel effect they do at the omnimax theaters at the start of shows. After looking and looking and looking the texture inside the tunnel almost makes the tunnel look like it is simply painted on that wall, but then my brain freaks out trying to re-process it. Again, I really LOVE this photo.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

mAlfunkti0n posted:

I'll give it a go. On the way home tonight and had to fuel up the car and fell in love with the lighting. Dark but the glow from the store inviting me in to become fat on the ice cream I was about to eat.

Looks just a tiny bit crooked to me.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Thoogsby posted:

Looks just a tiny bit crooked to me.

Is the digital level in the X-T1 accurate? Based off that it was straight in the camera, and the vertical line (to the right of the frame) stays in line with the edge of the frame when I bring up the shadows a bunch.

Edit :

Here is the same one in B&W (just messing around), the framing is the same, just shadows brought up a bit.

mAlfunkti0n fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jul 23, 2015

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

I'm new at this and bought a tripod today right before sunset so I thought I'd give it a go, probably cliche as hell, but I kinda liked these

I just wish it wasn't so cloudy

E: btw the floaty branches are in the originals too, didn't notice until just then, I'm assuming they are just dead branches that fell and got caught, it's a big dead gum tree in the middle of a field.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jul 24, 2015

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Is the digital level in the X-T1 accurate? Based off that it was straight in the camera, and the vertical line (to the right of the frame) stays in line with the edge of the frame when I bring up the shadows a bunch.

Edit :

Here is the same one in B&W (just messing around), the framing is the same, just shadows brought up a bit.

Probably but that doesn't mean the ground is level there and without context it just looks like there's a slight left tilt.

The color one is more interesting. The red/yellow difference is nice and the B/W version kills that.

Not sure how much editing was done around the United Dairy Farmers sign but I really like that it's on a pretty featureless black field versus the pavement, which is similarly black but has clearly defined features. If anything I'd say go even further with that, i.e. darken the top left and bring down the bottom right so that contrast is consistent horizontally.

In other news, WHO LIKES TRAIN TRACKS:

Qtotonibudinibudet fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jul 25, 2015

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

annapacketstormaya posted:

I like train tracks at times but this photo looks like poo poo and you should lay off the contrast slider. I also think your comp is lopsided a bit, the empty space at the top doesn't feel balanced. I also don't like the colors, they are grossly saturated and should get toned down, or throw it into b&w. After all of that you are going to be left with a pretty boring track track photo, but I don't know if there's a fix for that.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

annapacketstormaya posted:

I guess I kinda do? I like aspects of this photo (silhouette of electric cables, glint of sun on rail) but the overall effect is way, way too dark and unfocused. What am I meant to be looking at? There's stuff here and there, but it's not atmospheric enough for the aesthetic quality of the time/location to be its own subject, which means I'm looking around at all these different things and feeling very little about any of them. This is a bit more successful in what you seem to be going for. Keep trying! Sunsets are hard.

IMG_0131-2 by difficult listening, on Flickr

IMG_0150-2 by difficult listening, on Flickr

IMG_0159-2 by difficult listening, on Flickr

its no big deal
Apr 19, 2015

I can't decide how much I like this. My first thought was that the tone is spot on and has a great feel. Then, the amount of negative space and angling seemed a bit off putting. Then, I looked more at the good exposure of the trees with a nice amount of detail through the fog.

Overall, I'd say cool shot and I wonder if there are other similar shots that you can share for comparison.

JohnClark
Mar 24, 2005

Well that's less than ideal

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I guess I kinda do? I like aspects of this photo (silhouette of electric cables, glint of sun on rail) but the overall effect is way, way too dark and unfocused. What am I meant to be looking at? There's stuff here and there, but it's not atmospheric enough for the aesthetic quality of the time/location to be its own subject, which means I'm looking around at all these different things and feeling very little about any of them. This is a bit more successful in what you seem to be going for. Keep trying! Sunsets are hard.

IMG_0131-2 by difficult listening, on Flickr

IMG_0150-2 by difficult listening, on Flickr

IMG_0159-2 by difficult listening, on Flickr

I love the second image. It's spooky in a great way, I think the angle only adds to the otherworldy quality, and the darkness serves that purpose as well.

The first and third I don't care for as much, for different reasons. The first shot strikes me as boring, just a snapshot of a campfire without anything notable to set it apart. I think I can see what you were going for with the third as far as the interesting cloud lighting created by the moon, but it's so dark that I don't think that really comes through. I think it potentially could compliment the second image well, but as it stands it doesn't match the atmosphere.

I just got the Tamron 150-600, took it out to the EAA airshow last week.

EAA 2015-102 by Viper_X83, on Flickr

EAA 2015-59 by Viper_X83, on Flickr

EAA 2015-41 by Viper_X83, on Flickr

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Please tell me that first one is a composite, otherwise how the gently caress. :stare:

JohnClark
Mar 24, 2005

Well that's less than ideal

xzzy posted:

Please tell me that first one is a composite, otherwise how the gently caress. :stare:
Nope, it was amazing. Apparently they do this formation at shows all over, but I'd never seen it in person, so when the P-51 and P-38 appeared and the F-22 joined up with them I was blown away.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
I'm going to post some of my photos with a bit of self-critique. I'm interested to see what others think of them.

This is from the Donington Collection in the UK. While they don't care if you are walking around with a camera and a tripod, the lighting in there is not particularly photo-friendly. There are a lot of harsh spotlights which throw strong reflections off the curved and polished surfaces you are trying to capture. I liked the framing of this, with the Vanwall logo and the car side-on in the background. I'm not super keen on the way it's lit though.

Vanwall VW9 by Iain Compton, on Flickr

This one feels too overprocessed but I haven't really touched most of the sliders except to balance the light a bit. There's no saturation or vibrancy added. The big problem I have with this one is that the stuff on the outside of the Shard makes it look like it's not in focus.

Docklands and Tower Bridge by Iain Compton, on Flickr

This is probably my favourite landscape shot. It's a lighthouse on the Isle of Skye in Scotland. There's only one place you can photograph it from due to steep cliffs and fences so , everyone who's ever photographed it gets exactly the same composition. We waited until the sun was going down and got this. The clouds are too thick to get a decent sunset though.

Neist Point, Isle of Skye by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Helen Highwater posted:

This one feels too overprocessed but I haven't really touched most of the sliders except to balance the light a bit. There's no saturation or vibrancy added. The big problem I have with this one is that the stuff on the outside of the Shard makes it look like it's not in focus.

the tower bridge is out of focus too and the whole thing has a counterclockwise tilt

the composition's not really doing a lot for me either

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

I love these. The atmosphere is properly oppressive and dark, without feeling underexposed. The second shot is my far my favorite. Lynchian.

Helen Highwater posted:

I'm going to post some of my photos with a bit of self-critique. I'm interested to see what others think of them.

This is from the Donington Collection in the UK. While they don't care if you are walking around with a camera and a tripod, the lighting in there is not particularly photo-friendly. There are a lot of harsh spotlights which throw strong reflections off the curved and polished surfaces you are trying to capture. I liked the framing of this, with the Vanwall logo and the car side-on in the background. I'm not super keen on the way it's lit though.

This is probably my favourite landscape shot. It's a lighthouse on the Isle of Skye in Scotland. There's only one place you can photograph it from due to steep cliffs and fences so , everyone who's ever photographed it gets exactly the same composition. We waited until the sun was going down and got this. The clouds are too thick to get a decent sunset though.

First shot: The lighting is indeed not great, but even with perfect lighting, this shot would be a problem. There's a lot of crap behind the car, and under it. If you're going for a car beauty shot, you were just not going to get it with all that flotsam around. It's also underexposed.

Second shot: Yeah, nothing's actually in focus here. Don't blame the Shard for that, work on your tripod technique.

Third shot: Best of the bunch. Sharp and crisp, and I'm digging the colors (I'm a sucker for those blues, and the rocks pop nicely). The sky seems slightly crowded though, I'd have loved to see a little more of it. It also gradates dark very rapidly at the top, which is one of the reasons I want to see more up there; did the sky really get that dark that fast? Might be cool to see more of it. Did you retouch it dark? If so, it feels artificial.

Here are a couple of my own. The first one is a testament to the fact that the best way to get viewcount on Flickr is to have a pretty girl and use the blue-yellow color axis.

Untitled by Jason, on Flickr

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

thetzar posted:

First shot: The lighting is indeed not great, but even with perfect lighting, this shot would be a problem. There's a lot of crap behind the car, and under it. If you're going for a car beauty shot, you were just not going to get it with all that flotsam around. It's also underexposed.

Second shot: Yeah, nothing's actually in focus here. Don't blame the Shard for that, work on your tripod technique.

Third shot: Best of the bunch. Sharp and crisp, and I'm digging the colors (I'm a sucker for those blues, and the rocks pop nicely). The sky seems slightly crowded though, I'd have loved to see a little more of it. It also gradates dark very rapidly at the top, which is one of the reasons I want to see more up there; did the sky really get that dark that fast? Might be cool to see more of it. Did you retouch it dark? If so, it feels artificial.
The second one is a composite. It's 5 bracketed shots and the focus might be an artifact of that. I'm reasonably sure that the individual pictures were in focus.

For the third one, I used a graduated ND filter to drop the brightness of the sky, then I did a bit of burning on the rocks in post to make them pop a bit. The filter adds a lot to the gradient but it does get dark pretty quickly up there - IIRC it's at about 60° North and it was too dark to see within 15 minutes of taking those shots.

Thanks for the comments.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

I've been finding myself turning to B&W for more of my wildlife shots, but I feel almost lost when doing the conversion and don't really have a method other than pushing sliders around until I like the final image. Hoping for any criticism with respect to my conversions.

Original

Final

For this one, I had to rotate the canvas and add some background in. Original after rotation:

Final

Your first shot is fantastic and I can't believe it's not photoshopped. I also really like your third shot. The positioning of the plane is in the frame really makes it seem like the plane is making a very sharp turn.

For the second shot I feel like the plane is much too crowded in the frame and the background is very busy.

thetzar posted:

I'm not much into to people photography so take this with a grain of salt, but the first shot really seems to have excessive room on the left and I think works better if cropped tighter (from the left shoulder). As it is, the bar in the background and the loose hairs are a distraction to me. The colours are lovely however. I really dig the second shot and have no comment other than that.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

Helen Highwater posted:

Not really a fan of the first 2, the first one feel like a snapshot at best, the background is too busy and the light is uninspiring. The 2nd feels over processed and nothing feels like it is in focus. The last is by far the strongest, I like it for the most part I do feel like you went a little overboard on the sky (looks like you darkened/masked it a bit) I think if you toned that down a bit the image would be a bit stronger and would make the sky feel less cramped as it would be less of a focus.

-------------------

Found this bug in my house and decided to emulate the meet your neighbours project style.

bencreateddisco
Dec 7, 2011

I BLEW $74K IN KICKSTARTER MONEY AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS UGLY AVATAR

Dread Head posted:

Not really a fan of the first 2, the first one feel like a snapshot at best, the background is too busy and the light is uninspiring. The 2nd feels over processed and nothing feels like it is in focus. The last is by far the strongest, I like it for the most part I do feel like you went a little overboard on the sky (looks like you darkened/masked it a bit) I think if you toned that down a bit the image would be a bit stronger and would make the sky feel less cramped as it would be less of a focus.

-------------------

Found this bug in my house and decided to emulate the meet your neighbours project style.

I get the feeling that it's really difficult to control, but the highlights are a little blown i think. i would like a little more contrast, but really only by a tiny bit. great photo, excellent composition and color. focus looks tight as well.

playing around with a new color palette

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred

InternetJunky posted:

I've been finding myself turning to B&W for more of my wildlife shots, but I feel almost lost when doing the conversion and don't really have a method other than pushing sliders around until I like the final image. Hoping for any criticism with respect to my conversions.

Original

Final

For this one, I had to rotate the canvas and add some background in. Original after rotation:

Final

I wouldn't stress overly much about being a little lost when converting to black and white, that form of experimentation is how you learn. Probably the biggest thing I keep in mind is separation from background, as losing colour contrast can sometimes hamstring an image.
The second one I'd perhaps dodge the right side of her body a little so she's a bit more separate, I can't really see the shape of the lion and that's a tad off putting. The musk ox/bored cow is oversharpened , I can see the sharpening artefacts on a 17" laptop so they'd be horrendous at higher res/printed.

Not sure if I like these that much.
Here's the tagline from my blog for context:
After training the Capoeiristas relax. Over the day someone found fresh double edged razors, the blades are snapped in two and ‘Paulista’ is the first to submit to a trim.
The Razor by TimFPictures, on Flickr

^This one is my favourite, but I think it lacks context without a wider shot. But the wide I have is just meh.
(Missed focus, X-E1 hates low light)

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

XTimmy posted:

Not sure if I like these that much.
Here's the tagline from my blog for context:
After training the Capoeiristas relax. Over the day someone found fresh double edged razors, the blades are snapped in two and ‘Paulista’ is the first to submit to a trim.

^This one is my favourite, but I think it lacks context without a wider shot. But the wide I have is just meh.
(Missed focus, X-E1 hates low light)

It's a pity about the missed focus on that last one, but even with that issue, I think it's the strongest one. The first seems boring to me — so high contrast that there's little detail, but useful as an establishing shot. Wish there was a different angle on it, though. The second is better, great expression, cool shapes in the black and white space/negative space. The third though, with the tight dropping, those hands, that smile. Even a bit of blur on it can't hurt it too badly.

Here's a random from the park — and in a different vein entirely, a couple highlights from my trip home to Pennsylvania, which I spammed all over the landscape thread.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!

This is a beautiful picture! The black and white really gives it a different feel.

Here's a couple I took the other night during a photo shoot.

IMG_69621 by Mazda Life Photography, on Flickr

IMG_69761 by Mazda Life Photography, on Flickr

mulls
Jul 30, 2013

youareoffthehook posted:

This is a beautiful picture! The black and white really gives it a different feel.

Here's a couple I took the other night during a photo shoot.

IMG_69621 by Mazda Life Photography, on Flickr

IMG_69761 by Mazda Life Photography, on Flickr

This bottom one is a cool scene, but I feel like it looks over-edited. It may not be edited at all, but the color and sharpness on the mountain is so much more distinct than the wooded area in front, which makes it look like a composite of too different photos.

Here are two Lomography toy camera snaps from New York and New Jersey:

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
I can't make my mind up on whether to crop out the right of this photo or not.

I like the boxiness of this one but it's crooked. Straighten it up and it will look better.

Not really mad on this one, if you skewed it so the vertical lines are straight it might look a little better. If you're going to point a camera upwards at a building you probably want to be doing it deliberately for effect or with the intention of fixing the perspective afterwards.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Really nice tones, but the composition is kinda flat. You're close to something cool with the powdery shadows, the aqua sky reflected in the windows, and the hazard-red garbage can, but instead the stairs are sucking up all the focus.

Excellent colors here, agreed that it could use a little straightening but not too much or you'll lose the spontaneity.

IMG_1033 by difficult listening, on Flickr

IMG_0657 by difficult listening, on Flickr

IMG_9726 by difficult listening, on Flickr

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

This is really cool. I love the way the lighting highlights the subject compared to all the other randoms in the shot (including the dork with the hair ball thing).

Tricerapowerbottom
Jun 16, 2008

WILL MY PONY RECOGNIZE MY VOICE IN HELL

The first and second one work for me. Fire is always an interesting subject as far as I'm concerned, and the color contrast between the orange and blues, plus the slower shutter speed making the flames look calligraphic makes it stand out. The second one is just evocative, it makes me think of the Cascades at dawn. Very nice.

The third one doesn't quite have enough contrast, and the moon/ reflected light is too small in the frame to make the shot interesting. Like the idea, though.

I took this at the Disguise exhibit at the Seattle Art Museum. There were a lot of very interesting pieces of course, traditional African masks and modern Western and African artist's installations. This one is part of From Hiz Hands, by Brendan Fernandes:

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Try to be more mindful of the elements and how they interact- if you had taken a step to the left the woman would have been perfectly framed by the water behind her.

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

RangerScum posted:

Try to be more mindful of the elements and how they interact- if you had taken a step to the left the woman would have been perfectly framed by the water behind her.

Yeah, I really wanted to be able to say that I like the misalignment, or that she's turned her head to look across the fountain, or that the void created by her bag sitting next to her creates emptiness by her side.

But as soon as I opened it in Lightroom, I know I missed that. It's the hardest thing for me to keep in mind when shooting.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Bonus points if you can guess what it is

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Sep 6, 2015

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Bonus points if you can guess what it is

I'm going to guess it's a ban for not reading the rules.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

thetzar posted:

I'm going to guess it's a ban for not reading the rules.

I see we both have the same guess!

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I hosed up oops. If its not too late, I've mentioned in another thread that I like it because it's such a weird looking group of switches, but I think it might need something to give it some scale as well as break it up a bit.

Its the inside of an electronic road sign.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

I hosed up oops. If its not too late, I've mentioned in another thread that I like it because it's such a weird looking group of switches, but I think it might need something to give it some scale as well as break it up a bit.

Its the inside of an electronic road sign.

I think it may be a bit underexposed but that may be a personal thing, the one thing that bothers what I think is otherwise a reasonable photo is the black bar in the upper right. There are some neat repeating patterns and if you got in a bit tighter or cropped it a bit I think it would show the repeating pattern off better.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
They are actually the really faded in real life, the sign looked like it had been there for a decade.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Really nice tones, but the composition is kinda flat. You're close to something cool with the powdery shadows, the aqua sky reflected in the windows, and the hazard-red garbage can, but instead the stairs are sucking up all the focus.

Excellent colors here, agreed that it could use a little straightening but not too much or you'll lose the spontaneity.

IMG_1033 by difficult listening, on Flickr

IMG_0657 by difficult listening, on Flickr

IMG_9726 by difficult listening, on Flickr

I like the top one. Flowers are kind of cheating as they are ridiculously photogenic and it's hard to gently caress up a picture of flowers unless you try pretty hard. The colours here are contrasting well and the small amount of vignetting reinforces the outline of the plant.

The middle one is a nice mood shot but it doesn't hold attention for very long. The way that the telegraph wires and the road curve head to the same vanishing point is well done.

I can't parse the bottom one at all.

I took this one at the Pechersk Lavra a few weeks ago.

Lavra-33.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

I've not done much processing to it at all. I'm minded to see if I can make the sky a bit more contrasty with the buttresses.

This one was for some friends who wanted something moody for an advertising mockup.

Hublot-3 by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Helen Highwater fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 8, 2015

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

They are actually the really faded in real life, the sign looked like it had been there for a decade.

I think it looks underexposed because the brightest part of the photo looks too dark, it has nothing to do with the colors. I wouldn't worry about it that much though, it doesn't make a huge difference in this case.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

InternetJunky posted:

Original

Final

I don't have much criticism to add other than I like it. The original images are kind of flat and the level of contrast in the final image makes it much more interesting. Going to BW was a good idea since there the color brought pretty much nothing to the original image. Makes me want to work on some wildlife pictures I've taken in the past that were boring because they were too flat.

I suck at portraits and I tend to do boring posed shots but hey you have to learn at some point. The girlfriend is pregnant so this had to happen. I'd like opinions. Mostly had trouble because shooting against the sun made the background interesting (well in my opinion anyway) but I had to work hard in post to make her look okay and not too washed out and dark. When I used my flash I had a lot of trouble to make the lighting look natural at all since I don't have gels at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib
It has been many days since a photo in photo-a-day. Let's get this party restarted.

Helen Highwater posted:

I took this one at the Pechersk Lavra a few weeks ago.

Lavra-33.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

I've not done much processing to it at all. I'm minded to see if I can make the sky a bit more contrasty with the buttresses.

This one was for some friends who wanted something moody for an advertising mockup.

Hublot-3 by Iain Compton, on Flickr

First shot: I really dig it. Perhaps a lot of that is the location, but you're using it well. I love the woman walking off to the right. Good capture, good part of the stride, I'm glad she's looking down. I really wonder what this would look like in black and white.

Second shot: Great color, but I don't think the light is being used to its best. The direction of it, plus the angling of the right on the bottom-left's face gives a really unflattering look of her nose. She looks like she's probably quite lovely, but I don't think this photo is doing her justice. The girl on the right gets off easier, but I'd almost want her chin down just an inch or so, to sharpen that jaw line. The bag strap at the bottom-center is distracting. You're close to something good here, I just don't think you've hit it yet.

KingColliwog posted:

I suck at portraits and I tend to do boring posed shots but hey you have to learn at some point. The girlfriend is pregnant so this had to happen. I'd like opinions. Mostly had trouble because shooting against the sun made the background interesting (well in my opinion anyway) but I had to work hard in post to make her look okay and not too washed out and dark. When I used my flash I had a lot of trouble to make the lighting look natural at all since I don't have gels at the moment.

It sounds like you went through a lot of work to come out with something that feels kinda snapshotty. There's not a lot that I can look at here and say that it's wrong, but I'm not wowed. Were you going to a simple documentary sort of shot, or something else? Did you try having her eclipse the sun, and exposing for her face?

OK, so I did a shoot with a photo group in NY recently. Boobs were seen. In the interests of keeping everyone's sensibilities undamaged, I'm going to post some tame shots, and link to the more risque ones. Cool? Cool.

NSFW 1

NSFW 2

NSFW 3