Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
No problem. This game is really fun, I'm on something like NG+8, horribly overleveled for 99% of the content and yet every now and then I just need a DD fix and will go out and murder things. Switch Argus up from time to time and I can keep giving him goodies, I have tons of the poo poo. I also have like 20mil in gold and close to 2mil in rift crystals so it's not like I'm hurting for anything.

e: and now that you're in post game, there's a thing you can abuse to level up all your vocations. After you've spoken with the Duke then the area around his manse will spawn enemies infinitely. You can get up on a wall or something where they can't hit you, go make a fuckin' sandwich and just let the pawns wreck everything. Not super exciting but it is effective.

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Aug 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

titties posted:

It's been a really long time since I've played but I am pretty sure that dual-casting also increases your casting speed so that might be what's happening. A pawn that dual-casts constantly is a good pawn imo, especially for Sorcerers.

I don't think it increases casting speed, but if a spell is being cast, any other caster that starts casting will match the current casting progress of the first caster.
This is from memory and using this for reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU6fvrAVqGU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

SubponticatePoster posted:

e: and now that you're in post game, there's a thing you can abuse to level up all your vocations. After you've spoken with the Duke then the area around his manse will spawn enemies infinitely. You can get up on a wall or something where they can't hit you, go make a fuckin' sandwich and just let the pawns wreck everything. Not super exciting but it is effective.

You can do this at the cathedral in Gran Soren too, though I had no idea you could do it at the manse! This works for pawn vocations as well. Look for Asura Armor (can't wiki it now, but I remember it being not too difficult to get) and the extra DCP rings (somewhat more of a pain) will make leveling those ancillary vocations ezpzbreezy.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

paco650 posted:

You can do this at the cathedral in Gran Soren too, though I had no idea you could do it at the manse! This works for pawn vocations as well. Look for Asura Armor (can't wiki it now, but I remember it being not too difficult to get) and the extra DCP rings (somewhat more of a pain) will make leveling those ancillary vocations ezpzbreezy.
That whole area works. You can go down by the pawn guild too, where there are lots of places you can climb up on. Although once the innkeeper decided to wander into the middle of a fight so he got killed and was unavailable for a few game days.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

No problem. This game is really fun, I'm on something like NG+8, horribly overleveled for 99% of the content and yet every now and then I just need a DD fix and will go out and murder things. Switch Argus up from time to time and I can keep giving him goodies, I have tons of the poo poo. I also have like 20mil in gold and close to 2mil in rift crystals so it's not like I'm hurting for anything.

Interesting. I'll give that a try - I need some Ranger levels eventually. I'm still having fun playing each of the classes I've tried (although I like Sorcerer the least). I don't want to hit up BBI until I'm not a sorcerer anymore, which will be in about 25 levels.

What does one need to do to get to NG+? Is it the Wakestone quest down in Everfall? I don't want to accidentally beat the endgame or anything. I've basically just been wandering around outside looking at the changes. Found a couple of drakes, a roc, a gorechimera, and even a wyvern.

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 31, 2015

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Thursday Next posted:

What does one need to do to get to NG+? Is it the Wakestone quest down in Everfall?

yes

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

That whole area works. You can go down by the pawn guild too, where there are lots of places you can climb up on. Although once the innkeeper decided to wander into the middle of a fight so he got killed and was unavailable for a few game days.

Oh, the duke's demense! I thought you meant there were guards all the way out by Blighted Manse that you could do this with. Nah, man, I'm too fond of Asalam to get him killed. I'd have to sleep it off all week at Pablos.

Thursday Next posted:

Interesting. I'll give that a try - I need some Ranger levels eventually. I'm still having fun playing each of the classes I've tried (although I like Sorcerer the least). I don't want to hit up BBI until I'm not a sorcerer anymore, which will be in about 25 levels.

What does one need to do to get to NG+? Is it the Wakestone quest down in Everfall? I don't want to accidentally beat the endgame or anything. I've basically just been wandering around outside looking at the changes. Found a couple of drakes, a roc, a gorechimera, and even a wyvern.

With the wakestone quest, the quest-turner-in will warn you that there's no going back. Then there's a mostly cinematic couple of fights and a lot of exposition (if you're into trophy collecting, make sure you lose the first fight, and then once you come back and win, choose to return to earth and dick around before actually finishing) and then that's it. The next time you load your game, you'll be back in Cassardis post-dragon attack. All the quests, world state, and BBI progress will have reset. Everything else, including NPC affinity, carries over between playthroughs.

That reminds me: there's a fun little surprise in this quest when you do it a second time in NG+ :getin:

im cute fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 31, 2015

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Thursday Next posted:

I gave him a bunch more poo poo last night. Too bad a lot of the stuff is locked out of gifting or he'd be all sorts of pimped out. Keep searching around for more dragony things since they have the chance to DF stuff.

paco650 posted:

Oh, the duke's demense! I thought you meant there were guards all the way out by Blighted Manse that you could do this with. Nah, man, I'm too fond of Asalam to get him killed. I'd have to sleep it off all week at Pablos.
Eh, it's not a big deal since they come back :v: Also I purposely murder people after going into a new game if I want to reset their affinity level so I don't end up with any weird surprises. Right now just about everyone is maxed so I'll have to make a circuit and throw people off of things :buddy:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
More game developers need to play this for the spell effects to see how good they are and how much better they'd be next gen

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

I gave him a bunch more poo poo last night. Too bad a lot of the stuff is locked out of gifting or he'd be all sorts of pimped out. Keep searching around for more dragony things since they have the chance to DF stuff.

Eh, it's not a big deal since they come back :v: Also I purposely murder people after going into a new game if I want to reset their affinity level so I don't end up with any weird surprises. Right now just about everyone is maxed so I'll have to make a circuit and throw people off of things :buddy:

Awesome. I am out of town the next couple of days, but this has made things amazingly fun. It's still not easy per se, but that's fine. I get to see cool poo poo!

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Thursday Next posted:

Awesome. I am out of town the next couple of days, but this has made things amazingly fun. It's still not easy per se, but that's fine. I get to see cool poo poo!

You should have a GODSBANE now, and it is the most important tool you have for farming. Save before opening any chests or fighting any dragons. If you do not get the item you are looking for or gear dragon forged, kill yourself with it and reload your last save. It makes those 2% drops in the Everfall not a matter of if but a matter of when.

E: Also there are 3 endings to this game, be aware that choosing the video game player option locks you out of the other two. You'd have to loop the game around again to see them otherwise(or just watch youtube I guess).

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 1, 2015

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Neo Helbeast posted:

You should have a GODSBANE now, and it is the most important tool you have for farming. Save before opening any chests or fighting any dragons. If you do not get the item you are looking for or gear dragon forged, kill yourself with it and reload your last save. It makes those 2% drops in the Everfall not a matter of if but a matter of when.

E: Also there are 3 endings to this game, be aware that choosing the video game player option locks you out of the other two. You'd have to loop the game around again to see them otherwise(or just watch youtube I guess).
The three alternate endings (the dragon's bargain, backing down from the senescheal, and getting defeated by the senescheal, late game spoilers obviously) are false endings that count as game overs. You get a trophy for seeing them, but then get the option to restore from the last checkpoint like you got killed. So like Neo Hellbeast is probably suggesting, there's no reason not to go for the false endings when going through your first playthrough to check them off your list.

Random Hajile fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Sep 1, 2015

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I should beat this game. Have a terrible habit of getting lost and then feel like I'm not playing this right. I don't know. Great game though.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Random Hajile posted:

The three alternate endings (the dragon's bargain, backing down from the senescheal, and getting defeated by the senescheal, late game spoilers obviously) are false endings that count as game overs. You get a trophy for seeing them, but then get the option to restore from the last checkpoint like you got killed. So like Neo Hellbeast is probably suggesting, there's no reason not to go for the false endings when going through your first playthrough to check them off your list.

I...did not know this. I never saw those endings.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

700k downloads for DDO

Encouraging. Maybe they'll open it up to other regions soon?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Lotish posted:

700k downloads for DDO

Encouraging. Maybe they'll open it up to other regions soon?

I wonder how many of those are actual Japanese players vs other regions sneaking in. There must be a way to find out on their end, but I'm willing to bet it's at least 200k.

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome

Not to put a damper on your murder spree but Dark Arisen adds items to reset affinity that you can buy for rift crystals

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

dPB posted:

Not to put a damper on your murder spree but Dark Arisen adds items to reset affinity that you can buy for rift crystals
Yeah I have those too but chucking people off of castle walls and into the ocean is much more fun.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Created a DDO account just now and am downloading the client. Cant wait to play this. :unsmith:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Streaming some of DDO Online.

http://www.twitch.tv/dexo1123/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In DDO, one of the quests asks that I use Explosive Arrow on a training goblin, but I don't have that ability, what did I miss?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

I said come in! posted:

In DDO, one of the quests asks that I use Explosive Arrow on a training goblin, but I don't have that ability, what did I miss?

R1 and pull the trigger. It's a basic ability all hunters have without needing to buy/equip

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dexo posted:

R1 and pull the trigger. It's a basic ability all hunters have without needing to buy/equip

What is that on keyboard/mouse? It doesn't show as an ability I have. Just so we are clear, this is dragons dogma online. I tried Googling this by the way but there's very little info on DDO so far.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I said come in! posted:

What is that on keyboard/mouse? It doesn't show as an ability I have. Just so we are clear, this is dragons dogma online. I tried Googling this by the way but there's very little info on DDO so far.

drat I dunno on Mouse and Keyboard. Thought about playing it as my huntering is sucking compared to what I could do with a mouse.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dexo posted:

drat I dunno on Mouse and Keyboard. Thought about playing it as my huntering is sucking compared to what I could do with a mouse.

Like what's weird is that the game tells me on screen what every other attack is but explosive arrow and Google search isn't getting me anything. :saddowns:

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Like what's weird is that the game tells me on screen what every other attack is but explosive arrow and Google search isn't getting me anything. :saddowns:
Go into aim mode, and mousewheel down. The icon shows the middle mouse button. :downs:

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

So this is pretty cool https://twitter.com/Capcom_UK/status/641264964175532032

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

:eyepop: It's crazy late but this is a good alternative to no english DDO.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Yes, yes that is pretty cool.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

:stare: WOAH

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

More details on capcom unity http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2015/09/08/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-coming-to-pc

quote:

As of January 2016, the epic fantasy action-RPG Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will be available on Windows PC for $29.99 / € 29.99 / £ 23.99, with full Steam platform support.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

gently caress yes

https://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2015/09/08/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-coming-to-pc

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
WE DO IT!!!

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
So if you wanted 4k photos of Dragon's Dogma those exist now. http://allgamesbeta.minus.com/m-DD-Dark-Arisen-PC-4K

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
I'm sold. Even without Dark Souls, I would have bought a ps3 last generation to play that game. I already had a ps3, and did play that game, but the hardware performance was just too frustrating to tolerate. Looks like I'll finally get to play Dark Arisen and end-game content.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Starting out with no over powered pawns will suck, but otherwise this is awesome and i'll buy the game again for PC.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

I am so excited to play this game at a stable framerate.
But arc of deliverance still better cause everything to chug

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
I hope metaclassofnil is ready to make another fan patch. This game will probably need some tweaks like ambient occlusion, along with whatever fixes are required of a half-assed port.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am frothing at the mouth over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Woah.

Do MH4U next thank you Capcom :pray:

• Locked thread