Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
It's from the Observer. They only drew around 1000 people total, and the attendance was papered. They drew 3,000 during the last set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I don't want to point fingers for genuine reasons but do take notice of GFW announcing people for shows even their TV tapings and talent blowing it off. It will be an emerging story.

I found it telling that Anderson and Gallows on their podcast said they they drank before their GFW matches.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

rovert posted:

I don't want to point fingers for genuine reasons but do take notice of GFW announcing people for shows even their TV tapings and talent blowing it off. It will be an emerging story.

I found it telling that Anderson and Gallows on their podcast said they they drank before their GFW matches.

With the kind of effort I saw from them, I believe it.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
So this thing looks like it'll be dead before it even gets off the ground.

Not really that surprising, right now there really isn't that much of a market for pro wrestling in the United States outside of WWE and there might not be one ever again.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Went to a GFW show in Harrisburg, PA tonight. Show was 6 matches with a Kevin Nash Meet & Greet before and after the show. These ballpark shows are so sad. The ring is so far away from any of the fans, it just feels weird. And then the fans are spread out over the seats it looks really empty no matter what.

Even with a 30 minute intermission, the show ran barely 2 hours. I don't know how this can possibly be making any money.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

How did Jarrett ultimately come up with something sadder than TNA

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
On the plus side, the weather was really nice (except when the bugs started invading). The ROH Streamer guy was at this show too as he lives in the area and was actually not annoying. He helped get the fans clapping and chanting which was nice.

The ballpark shows would be awesome if the place was filled. I enjoyed sitting outdoors for a wrestling show for once. But, this is just...a waste of time.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chris James 2 posted:

Years of practice with TNA.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

GFW is the early days of TNA, except there's no push for something to take the place of WCW.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
OR GFW is WWA, except there's even less interest

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

OMEGA has a working relationship with the Force :lol:

At tonight's GFW live show, WrestleCade champ Matt Hardy challenged Jarrett to a match for November's WrestleCade, Jeff Hardy also appeared, and OMEGA heavyweight champ Trevor Lee retained over Andrew Everett

WrestleCade is actually associated with AML, not OMEGA, so that would be two different local indies with some sort of ties. OMEGA is really sort of in the same PWI Pro umbrella with PWX and CWF Mid-Atlantic here in NC.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Toby Keith hits the silence button on his phone as JJ calls for the 12th time today.

Darewolf, I dare you to quit your job and wrestle in front of 30 bored people instead!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
On Candice and GFW:
http://squaredcirclesirens.com/candice-lerae-and-global-force-wrestling-update/

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

DM Punk posted:

Went to a GFW show in Harrisburg, PA tonight. Show was 6 matches with a Kevin Nash Meet & Greet before and after the show. These ballpark shows are so sad. The ring is so far away from any of the fans, it just feels weird. And then the fans are spread out over the seats it looks really empty no matter what.

Even with a 30 minute intermission, the show ran barely 2 hours. I don't know how this can possibly be making any money.

Oh that was today. GFW was less than a mile away from me and I couldn't be assed to go.

Any good matches, or did they phone the whole thing in?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Go RV! posted:

Oh that was today. GFW was less than a mile away from me and I couldn't be assed to go.

Any good matches, or did they phone the whole thing in?

You didn't miss anything. Nothing outright bad, but nothing even close to be worth seeing.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

DM Punk posted:

You didn't miss anything. Nothing outright bad, but nothing even close to be worth seeing.

DM Punk posted:

Kevin Nash Meet & Greet before and after the show

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Joining the force tonight in Cedar Rapids. I predict 150 people show up.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

mkay0 posted:

Joining the force tonight in Cedar Rapids. I predict 150 people show up.

Counting workers? You may be right.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Apparently she wrestled the next day in Buffalo, according to PWInsider.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Muddy Burphy posted:

Counting workers? You may be right.

nonsense, they will no-show

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Wrestlers are more professional than that dammit.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm not about to write GFW off yet because its clear the roster hasn't firmed up yet to be viable touring. But that's also why I'm confused they rushed to TV tapings so quickly after initial hype tours. Why would you have a potential tv product with a bunch guys you might not have on the live tours?

At some point, GFW is going to need a must see talent or angle(preferably both). They might have something with Chael Sonnen, who knows.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

coconono posted:

At some point, GFW is going to need a must see talent or angle(preferably both)

I'm sure Jeff would bring him in.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

200ish people there. The show was atrocious. Chris Masters was the best part of the show, if that tells you anything.

Zero Gravity? More like zero buys.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

mkay0 posted:

200ish people there. The show was atrocious. Chris Masters was the best part of the show, if that tells you anything.

Zero Gravity? More like zero buys.

How many of the boys looked like they wanted to hang themselves? Or did they put on a brave face?

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

They all failed at putting on a brave face. Literally every wrestler was visibly disappointed when they saw the crowd.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Oof. Those poor bastards. Hell, you too. You poor bastard. At least if you use twitter you can use #jointheforce and probably get a rt.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
GFW came near me but they went to Winston-Salem instead of Greensboro. I think they were afraid of being upstaged by the dog that fetches bats for the players. They were right to be, she actually has fans and gets coverage on national news.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Jeff Jarrett cancelled some of their shows in Texas due to, uh, "schedule conflicts with future announcements." They didn't tell anyone, they just disappeared from the schedule and you can't get a refund except through the ballpark box office.

#JoinTheForce

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
RIP GFW, you were never actually alive

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It's nice of Jeff to finally give Dixie some competition for worst promotion of the year.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Thauros posted:

It's nice of Jeff to finally give Dixie some competition for worst promotion of the year.

GFW has to be the worst this year. TNA at least has EC3.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sounds like the Stadium shafted GFW and GFW's letting the stadium clean up the mess.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Blast Fantasto posted:

gfw promoted the show of the year, gfw presents new japan pro wrestling wrestling kingdom 9.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Blast Fantasto posted:

GFW has (had?) Kushida, checkmate

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
i know that the round rock express, which was one of the venues for the texas tour, are about to enter the AAA playoffs/will host home games so maybe they cancelled on gfw due to that. don't know about the other teams attached to venues.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Blast Fantasto posted:

You are right, I should vote for TNA.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If Masters has gotten back on the gas, it's pretty much a wash.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Dead on delivery Slapnuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Well, it was a fun experiment while it lasted. Who's gonna step up and fill the Jarrett-sized hole on the bush league wrestling circuit?

• Locked thread