Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh wow, is dark arisen the original DD, or a sequel? Dragons dogma was console exclusive before, right?

Arisen is the expansion with the original base game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Isn't that games coding a huge mess or something and that's why it wasn't on the PC before?

Also they better bring back the original title screen music :colbert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XBlBPtQW6g

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Rhonne posted:

Isn't that games coding a huge mess or something and that's why it wasn't on the PC before?

They had to get it working on pc for the mmo that's never going to come out in English.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Rhonne posted:

Nah, that was Red Dead Redemption. Dragon's Dogma was still on MT Framework.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2015/09/08/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-coming-to-pc post just went up

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah! I loved Dogma but man did I wish it was 60fps because the PS3 version was a little choppy.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Duck yes

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Shindragon posted:

Yeah! I loved Dogma but man did I wish it was 60fps because the PS3 version was a little choppy.

If by "a little choppy" you mean 20 FPS or even lower in some places, sure.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Andrast posted:

If by "a little choppy" you mean 20 FPS or even lower in some places, sure.

I was trying to be nice. :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rhonne posted:

Also they better bring back the original title screen music :colbert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XBlBPtQW6g

The good thing is if they don't then you can mod the game so it will

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
is DD (dragons dogma) still even fun or has it aged poorly?

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Sep 8, 2015

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

is DD still even fun or has it aged poorly?

I thought you were talking about D-Dog for second there and got really confused.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Al-Saqr posted:

is DD still even fun or has it aged poorly?

It's 3 years old

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lets hang out posted:

It's 3 years old

poo poo it's only 3 years old? it feels like it was out in 2009 or something.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Oh my loving god

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Al-Saqr posted:

is DD (dragons dogma) still even fun or has it aged poorly?

Still fun like hell last time I played. I still have my ps plus copy when they gave it away with one of the months with arisen.

Also yeah only 3 years old. The difference is it came out like what.. the 7th year of the PS3? By then alot of games got better tech wise and well the ps3 was showing its age.

(Especially with Dragon's Dogma)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dragon's Dogma is the poo poo

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Do you like a game of Dungeons and Dragons viewed through the lens of a Japanese game company? The answer is yes because that's awesome.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I would just say someone just link the thread of Dragon's Dogma that was made here just to show Al what the game is like. It had a really good OP. Though it's pretty old so it may have fallen into the archives.

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-
Also on the LP Archive, but hoo boy I can not wait to play me some DD;DA with some mods.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I mean there wasn't really a precedent for this happening unless they're actually planning to not release DD: Online in the US. Then again this too is crazy. SO it must be a net good for the benefit of people. I'm still happy about it considering my PS3 died and I have no money to buy another.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Rhonne posted:

I thought you were talking about D-Dog for second there and got really confused.

I can't wait until Pat and Liam get D-Dog as a buddy in the LP.

As we all know Pat's love for giant dogs.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I played like 80 hours of DD despite the awful framerate, game is so good

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm loving Pat's incredulity at the sawmill scene. "HOW WERE WE SUPPOSED TO AVOID THAT?!" :allears:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, they're a bit overestimating the game I feel though. I'd hate to see the reaction to some of their speculation being shot down on a 2nd playthrough.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HGH posted:

Yeah, they're a bit overestimating the game I feel though. I'd hate to see the reaction to some of their speculation being shot down on a 2nd playthrough.
I think the only overestimation is that ONE WRONG MOVE COULD KILL ANYONE AT THIS POINT!!!!, we're not quite into do-or-die territory just yet.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Good news for woolie/pat, Rising Thunder just added the ability to vs. friends online.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
So Joe Mad's finally just gone 'gently caress IT BATTLE CHASERS KICKSTARTER'. I guess this means Darksiders 3 just isn't ever gonna happen, Liam.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

KaosMachina posted:

So Joe Mad's finally just gone 'gently caress IT BATTLE CHASERS KICKSTARTER'. I guess this means Darksiders 3 just isn't ever gonna happen, Liam.

I know that this is a cheap shot, but maybe Joe Mad should deliver more than 10 issues of battle chasers in the last 16 years, y'know, to inspire confidence on his ability to deliver on his vision.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Liam is such a lucky fucker fultoning that prisoner in a sandstorm and not losing him

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Liam is such a lucky fucker fultoning that prisoner in a sandstorm and not losing him

Well it did say 100% probability so...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh does it guarantee fultons for certain personnel?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wonder how ridiculous the technology is going to get at the later stages now. I mean, in Peace Walker they had stuff like single-shot musket type weapons that automatically fultoned enemies. I'm wondering if you'll just upgrade to the point of permanent invisibility at end game.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I'm liking this fast paced liam mgs action, if woolie played it they would still be in mission 1

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Woolie would still be staring at the ground zeroes poster in the introduction with Pat yelling and flailing wildly about how this could mean that MGS is like Assassin's Creed and it's all just a VR simulation of Metal Gear Solid by people trying to make a game of the real life events but they're leaving hints so that smart players can pick up on it like the poster for example and then he'd go on about that for 35 episodes

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Thanks, now all I can envision is pat as a wacky waving arms inflatable tube man.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
But, like 3 feet tall.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the debut of the gold bionic arm was top tier

Veotax
May 16, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

I wonder how ridiculous the technology is going to get at the later stages now. I mean, in Peace Walker they had stuff like single-shot musket type weapons that automatically fultoned enemies. I'm wondering if you'll just upgrade to the point of permanent invisibility at end game.

The final fulton upgrade is just a straight up wormhole generator.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

CJacobs posted:

Woolie would still be staring at the ground zeroes poster in the introduction with Pat yelling and flailing wildly about how this could mean that MGS is like Assassin's Creed and it's all just a VR simulation of Metal Gear Solid by people trying to make a game of the real life events but they're leaving hints so that smart players can pick up on it like the poster for example and then he'd go on about that for 35 episodes

Nah, that would only be the case if Pat the Spoiler watched some MGS equivalent of VaatiVidya, and misremembered a theory from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Y'know, just cause Sutherland is an actor and RAD is a voice actor doesn't mean the latter should be treated second rate. I sure as hell enjoyed Downes' performance in the game more so far that's for sure.
I know that's the nature of the industry but celebrity actors doing voicework rubs me the wrong way. Especially after Dinklage (although that was mostly on the script).