Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I did some pling in CB last night too. I just pulled the zone, sang my debuff song and let the TD lowbies bash away at the mobs. Got them Crush and Dvinn too. Was a real fun night.

I literally went back to back to back to back PL sessions, then got a group in Unrest. My cleric is camped at 16, waiting for my goon friend to catch up.

I kinda want to start another character (mostly because the PLs). I have a small desire to revisit my main from back then, a monk. But I would probably go human so I can do the sash/headband quests for fun and the PLs seem to be rampant in CB area, while FoB, not so much. I have a paladin I deserted on blue, I might try that on red, despite the penalty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

aparmenideanmonad posted:

EQ is portable. Get it installed properly and then you can move/copy the folder wherever you want. I used to keep an install on a thumb drive to run on my office computer back in my batphone days.

This is such an awesome "feature" of old games. You can do the same thing with ultima online, so I have both eq and uo full installs already configured for their respective emu's on a thumb drive. The wonders of technology.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Eerkik posted:

I followed the instructions, I just keep getting errors but I installed to program files and that's the latest hangup. I've installed twice now, first time I think I almost had it working but I didn't have the eqclient.ini for osme reason file

The eqini file will appear the first time you log in. If you installed it in c:/program files, it will never appear, and you must reinstall it in C:/games or something. Also, try running it on Windows XP compatability.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

FranktheBank posted:

I literally went back to back to back to back PL sessions, then got a group in Unrest. My cleric is camped at 16, waiting for my goon friend to catch up.

I kinda want to start another character (mostly because the PLs). I have a small desire to revisit my main from back then, a monk. But I would probably go human so I can do the sash/headband quests for fun and the PLs seem to be rampant in CB area, while FoB, not so much. I have a paladin I deserted on blue, I might try that on red, despite the penalty.

The penalty is more than offset by the red bonus :)

I'm in game now if anyone wants to group or PL crushbone.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Had my first PK death today. Logged in, swapped spells to buffs and summon drink/food/hammer, was in the process of swapping spells back when... "You are ensnared." I need an alt to play. Probably going Iksar SK or Necro... Maybe Shaman. Altaholic at its finest lol.

Eerkik
Feb 13, 2010
This game is... unforgiving. Playing a human SK, wandering around qeynos trying to figure out where the gently caress the ground of fate or w/e is so I can talk to my secret admirer and get lost a few times, finally reach what I think was the gate outside and all of a sudden I take 16 damage, so dude yelled how dare you (npc) and attacked me! I took 16 points of damage and turned around and booked it and died in seconds

I hope I can find my body

holy poo poo I got my stuff back AND found where I needed to go. Feels good

Eerkik fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Sep 7, 2015

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Zaphod42 posted:

Another funky but good class/race combo, Halfling warrior can be surprisingly good. You can use the sneak to pull like a rogue.

p99 Warrior BotB was Eabon, halfling warrior beat Crazyeyes' Ogre Warrior

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Hey, does anyone know if the devs have just stopped granting IP exemptions? It's been 3 weeks and we've put in multiple requests and never gotten an answer. It never took more than a day or two before but it sucks being totally unable to play because I moved.

My original plan to reignite SLAMDUNKATRON on Red with Velious has been totally derailed

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
They've been slacking on all the usual admin stuff since the Velious release. It might be another couple weeks before they get back to a regular schedule, I couldn't tell you for sure.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
This is the saddest of all answers :(

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I Love You! posted:

Hey, does anyone know if the devs have just stopped granting IP exemptions? It's been 3 weeks and we've put in multiple requests and never gotten an answer. It never took more than a day or two before but it sucks being totally unable to play because I moved.

My original plan to reignite SLAMDUNKATRON on Red with Velious has been totally derailed

Yeah I've been waiting a few weeks now and its pretty lame :smith:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah I've been waiting a few weeks now and its pretty lame :smith:

they hate red a lot, too

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Looks like you can't spam "join red" in the blue server chat forum. Hurr hurr I'm going to troll you into wanting to play pvp.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

I'm trying to do some research for my lowly level 16 magician's new pet spells and I cannot figure out where to find the poo poo needed (Halas Heater and Words of Tyranny). I know the words just drop randomly so, okay, I can wait there but... finding someone with brewing is apparently impossible. Any suggestions?

This is on blue by the way, because I'm awful.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Pathos posted:

I'm trying to do some research for my lowly level 16 magician's new pet spells and I cannot figure out where to find the poo poo needed (Halas Heater and Words of Tyranny). I know the words just drop randomly so, okay, I can wait there but... finding someone with brewing is apparently impossible. Any suggestions?

I'll check my brewing skill, but you might want to consider skilling it up yourself, as all the researched mage pets require the previous spell to make the pets at 20, 24, and so on.

Edit: What zone are you in?

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I'll check my brewing skill, but you might want to consider skilling it up yourself, as all the researched mage pets require the previous spell to make the pets at 20, 24, and so on.

Edit: What zone are you in?

I'm in West Freeport right now. That's pretty far from where a lot of people are, I know...

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.

Pathos posted:

Everyone just buys those pets, its in OoT from the high elf lady. Even if she won't sell to you (dark elf), theres always people in the zone doing seafuries or AC that can probably buy it for you, don't be afraid to ask. Pick up the other pet spells from her while you're at it, because that boat takes forever and a day. If you really have to research it, well.. you're taking a harder path than you probably need to.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

next post decides what guild I join, either server is fine. please not rampage

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Thunderdome has been cool. Lots of grouping chances, lots of random PLing. Just have to be kinda covert with where you are grouping, because twinks apparently have spies in the guild.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

a real jerk posted:

next post decides what guild I join, either server is fine. please not rampage

join us on blue we need more goons :(

Primaris
Feb 15, 2004
11 out of 12 physicians agree I have a large penis.

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

join us on blue we need more goons :(

What level are the goons on blue?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Primaris posted:

What level are the goons on blue?

We're all spread out across our characters and alts. I've got a 30 and a 6, a few 30s, a few goons have characters 40-60 and everybody's got some kinda alt in the 0-20 range.

Not a ton of active players but there's usually ~3 people getting drunk in guild chat.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Problem with the goon guild is kind of the same issue any 'leveling' guild faces. Once characters approach the last ten levels there is a tendency for them to peel off and join some pubbie raid type guild.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
I have a 60 rogue, and 55 warrior.

I also have access to a few other toons, which is how I login and give invites or port you guys around.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
How useful is Jaundiced set for SHM? I want to try a shaman, but I prefer Iksar to pretty much every other race due to regen and starting area. Iksar cannot wear the armor, I wonder if I am gonna miss out?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
I have a 27 Wizard and 30 Ranger I'd love to level on Blue. I made a stack of Halas Heaters I could toss the mage's way tonight. Any lowbies need banded armor? Could craft a couple sets in Neriak while I'm near EC

Primaris
Feb 15, 2004
11 out of 12 physicians agree I have a large penis.
I have a 19 Bard with about 30k worth of gear I made from using my friends druid account porting people for weeks while at work on the Blue server. I've been playing on the Red server, the exp is much faster and the PvP side is great but it really sucks being super undergeared. Almost worthless

Dirt
May 26, 2003

FranktheBank posted:

How useful is Jaundiced set for SHM? I want to try a shaman, but I prefer Iksar to pretty much every other race due to regen and starting area. Iksar cannot wear the armor, I wonder if I am gonna miss out?

It's basically just the Jaundiced Bone Bracer(JBB) anyone gives a poo poo about. It's a clicky 8 second 250ish DD nuke(mana free). Starts working at like 46 I think.

Costs about 15k+ Iksar don't get to use it at all. You can solo fine without it, but it's a nice thing to have I imagine. I use my stupid clicky staff(333/13.5 seconds) on my Mage so goddamn much, and it sucks compared to the JBB.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Yeah JBB is really useful, but not required. Without it you'll only be extremely overpowered instead of extremely, massively overpowered.

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.
I've been playing more recently as 'Pardon' on blue. Problem is my game time is difficult to plan so I can't keep any promises to meet up with anyone. Still, having fun tooling around in Crushbone for the moment. Joined "College of Adventure" last night cause a bunch of them were hanging around powerleveling and tossed me an invite. So far they seem like cool people. I probably won't bother with the goon guild. I'm just not online enough to get much advantage from anything but a huge leveling guild.

Being a Shadowknight on Faydwer seemingly means no banking or vendoring for a long, long time. After a few hours of killing orcs the Kelethin and Dwarf guards are still KOS (threatening). I worship Bertox so I thought maybe the Gnomes would be at least dubious but their guards and merchants are also KOS. I did manage to find a vendor in Steamfont at the Druid ring and I'm sure the BB ring vendors will also be indifferent. Hasn't been so bad though since there's no shortage of people willing to buy every CB belt I can loot for 3pp/each. I would prefer to use them to get some levels but at least there's some cash on the side.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Having started out fresh those CB belts helped me a lot to get running.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Any recommendations for places to farm enchanter gear around lvl 20? Outside of my stein of moggok, I'm pretty much wearing my starter gear/low level statless drops.

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.

Erdricks posted:

Any recommendations for places to farm enchanter gear around lvl 20? Outside of my stein of moggok, I'm pretty much wearing my starter gear/low level statless drops.

I would just keep leveling. As an enchanter you're not going to see any huge increases in effectiveness with more gear and there's nothing of great value you could camp anyway. Any potential gains in gear you could make would be handily beaten by gaining a few more levels.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Erdricks posted:

Enchanters have it super easy when it comes to cheap gear. Some of your best pieces are dirt cheap.

Good, cheap stuff:

- Opalline Earrings (5 CHA) - 75p each
- Electrum Star Ruby Ring x2 (7 CHA) - 100p each from a JC
- Golden Cat Eye Bracelet x2 (7 CHA) - 25p each from a JC
- Drake-hide leggings (5 CHA) - 250p in EC
- Crude Stein (15 CHA) - 50p in EC
- Sarnak Arcane Fetish (5 CHA 6 INT) - 250p in EC

Prioritize CHA over INT; you won't regret it and the gear will be a lot cheaper.

Here's what I set my new ENC twink up with. Some of the other slots are expensive but I use the cheap stuff above as well:

* Neck: Black Sapphire Velium Necklace
* Head: Kobold Jester's Crown
* Ears1: Opalline Earring
* Ears2: Opalline Earring
* Face: Crystal Spider Eyes
* Chest: Robe of the Ishva
* Arms: Gatorscale Sleeves
* Back: Hierophant's Cloak
* Waist: Braided Cinch Cord
* Shoulders: Worn Cloth Mantle
* Wrists1: Golden Cat Eye Bracelet
* Wrists2: Golden Cat Eye Bracelet
* Legs: Drake-hide Leggings
* Hands: Coldain Skin Gloves
* Fingers1: Ring of the Frost Spiders
* Fingers2: Electrum Star Ruby Ring
* Feet: Coldain Skin Boot

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

the only thing that i wish pilsner's tool did was when updating location the X animated from last location to current location instead of just jumping from last location to current location. It's a small thing, but that animation let me know if i was headed in the right direction. No complaints though, you did a good job pilsy.

This is actually really nice, I had a lovely map i made in VB that I manually loaded maps from. It wasn't as good as P's, didn't even think of adding zone to zone map switching etc just transparency and overlay etc. But it did have a trailing function you could toggle a bar up and down how big you wanted your trail to show where you came from, or where you were headed loc to loc wise. One thing I am curious about, It seems like ever since the velious release update that the map program becomes super huge. Like it always loads a HUGE portion on the far right, of blank space even though Legend box is unchecked. So everytime you zone you have to resize it 98% of the time to fit the map only with no extra pieces.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Pwnz0r posted:

This is actually really nice, I had a lovely map i made in VB that I manually loaded maps from. It wasn't as good as P's, didn't even think of adding zone to zone map switching etc just transparency and overlay etc. But it did have a trailing function you could toggle a bar up and down how big you wanted your trail to show where you came from, or where you were headed loc to loc wise. One thing I am curious about, It seems like ever since the velious release update that the map program becomes super huge. Like it always loads a HUGE portion on the far right, of blank space even though Legend box is unchecked. So everytime you zone you have to resize it 98% of the time to fit the map only with no extra pieces.
The code I made for auto-resizing the program is really ghetto; it adds up the pixel size of the various controls and then sets the window size accordingly. Badly in need of refactoring, but ironically I don't like GUI programming so much, so I give up quickly when it comes to pixel-fiddling. It seems to resize fine for me, though, with the exception of when the app is minimized; then the window will be a bit too big when you restore it.

The best solution would be to make the GUI have one of those "containers" that auto-arrange controls and resize the form accordingly, but :effort:.

You can also disable auto-resize on mapswitching by unticking the checkbox in the lower left corner.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
I have ticked around with the auto resize box a few times, but in all honestly its not really a big issue its quite easy and quick to just resize the window manually. I still keep it running 24/7 along with gamtexttriggers/gamparse in the background, usually when I am making the trek across WW, EW, iceclad, whatever. Even when I know the way, or general direction its nice to have just to be spot on. I think what the one person was referring to for the update of the red X's was more of a short path line to show your current direction with a little back trail or say a line that connects your last loc to your new loc with an arrow. I know that if you /loc within a few seconds of sense heading you get an arrow. I don't always use sense heading in conjunction with it, sometimes I do when I want to be spot on with the auto run and afk.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

The PK on red is hilarious. Last night in unrest a dwarf showed up to PK any non dwarves.

The Thunderdome guild on red seems really good. Whenever pkers show up, higher level guildies seem to materialize to lend a hand. And there always seems to be groups of some kind going on at a variety of levels.

If anyone on red has excess cha gear for enchanters, I would be happy to put it use. Charming monsters is so much fun. I totally saved my group last night from a terrible pull by mezzing one mob, charming another, and then having the charmed mob tank the named with a quickness/slow combo. What a rush!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Erdricks posted:

Charming monsters is so much fun. I totally saved my group last night from a terrible pull by mezzing one mob, charming another, and then having the charmed mob tank the named with a quickness/slow combo. What a rush!

Enc is easily one of the most if not the most fun class to play in the game. It doesn't seem so when you're comparing it to like necro or mag or whatever when you're first learning about the classes, but the reality is enc is pretty amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

Enc is easily one of the most if not the most fun class to play in the game. It doesn't seem so when you're comparing it to like necro or mag or whatever when you're first learning about the classes, but the reality is enc is pretty amazing.

I just recently gave up on the concept of doing direct damage and it made a huge world of difference, both to my mana pool and group damage. I have also played with a lot of melee lately, which seems to benefit much much more from quickness.