Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I played the 360 and PS3 versions of DA to completion, and I have every intention of doing it again for PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Also Buy it because it may make it slightly more likely(from no chance in hell to if all the cards align perfectly) DDON comes out

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

CountingWizard posted:

I hope metaclassofnil is ready to make another fan patch. This game will probably need some tweaks like ambient occlusion, along with whatever fixes are required of a half-assed port.

Devil May Cry 4 was on the same engine and had a really good port. There's hope.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I am way too loving excited for PC Dragon's Dogma. I loved the hell out of that game but I don't have a PS3 anymore so I can't play it. Now I'll be able to again!

I haven't been actually happy about something Capcom announced in ages.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Capcom PC ports have been really good throughout the last 8 years or so. It'll be fine.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
:D

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I hope a PS4 and Xbox One port is in the works too.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

thanks, capcom

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Well this will get me to play again. Thought I had successfully burnt myself out.

It seems all roads lead to Gran Soren.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Day one purchase for me, simple as that. I don't care that it's the third time I buy this game, it's worth it.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
This is amazing. What are the chances that we'll get fan patches or mods like hotkeys for healing items?

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

sicDaniel posted:

This is amazing. What are the chances that we'll get fan patches or mods like hotkeys for healing items?

Well, cheatengine might work for some of the hotkeys.

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012
I will buy the game a third time day 1.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Woah.

Do MH4U next thank you Capcom :pray:

I just want MH4 on Wii U. DD on PC is great news, though.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Thank you for believing in us Capcom :worship:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Everything is right in the world. Now this great game can be modded to hell and back. Hopefully.

2015's the best year to be a gamer.

It just got better.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Lunethex posted:

2015's the best year to be a gamer.

Well technically next year but yeah I don't think gaming's been this good to me since like 2004.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm going to enjoy the day one Flying into Free menu music mod

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Maybe I'll actually have a PC that can run it by the time it comes out. I'd love to play it all again, and I never even got around to Dark Arisen. :allears:

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
The wind is pushing meeeeeeeeee to buy it a third time. Hopefully that song can be modded in.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
Is it weird that this is now my most anticipated release despite having already put 200 hours into it? If ever a game desperately needed a PC port to make it shine, it's Dragon's Dogma.

Now I can sell off this stupid PS3.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

CountingWizard posted:

I'm sold. Even without Dark Souls, I would have bought a ps3 last generation to play that game. I already had a ps3, and did play that game, but the hardware performance was just too frustrating to tolerate. Looks like I'll finally get to play Dark Arisen and end-game content.

I got it free on PS+ and put a few hours in it but yeah 15~20 fps out the gate is a hell of a first impression to make. I will have little issue paying the release-day price for this.

FuriousGeorge posted:

Except Yakuza 5.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

FuriousGeorge posted:

Is it weird that this is now my most anticipated release despite having already put 200 hours into it? If ever a game desperately needed a PC port to make it shine, it's Dragon's Dogma.

My 360 is still hooked up only for Dark Arisen. I can finally retire my launch 360. No red rings, no issues it has served me well for like a drat decade.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Holy poo poo yes please.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Hot drat I never thought it would happen.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Take up arms, newly arisen. For my kind do not heed the modless.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm also unreasonably excited for some hi-res clothing textures cause DD is the best dress-up game.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Get a PC, so you can play it at 1080p/60fps when Capcom finally announce the Steam release :)

Ten days later ... :D

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
I'm going to dog the dragon and grapple facefuck it to death barehanded. I haven't decided yet what my character will be. I originally played as an aragorn fighter/strider with a dwarf warrior sidekick. I'm thinking for the PC release I'll be a hobbit Assassin or tall gaunt Sorcerer.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

HOLY gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA

THE WIND IS PUSHING MEEEEEEEEEEEE

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

the dream never died

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

DRAGON'S DOGMA YOU GUYS

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Two mods/new features I'd really love:

1. Make Mystic Knight and Magick Archer stat growth not rear end. Those classes are both fun as gently caress but if you spend all your time as them you're going to end up really weak. Last time I played, I ended up using a loving spreadsheet to map out my level-ups to ensure I'd end up with good stats for both classes while also getting to spend at least some time actually playing them. (I spent a lot of time as Assassin and Sorcerer, which are fun, too, so it wasn't like I didn't enjoy the game.) I will definitely end up doing exactly that again, but if at all possible it'd be neat if those two classes had decent stat growth so that I could spend more time Mystic Knighting it up! Okay thanks.

2. New Game ++ and/or Bitterblack Super-Hard Mode. We can already level to 200. Give us something to do at 200! Even the hardest stuff in Bitterblack Isle just melts when you have a team of level 200 dudes with even halfway decent stats and gear.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
I can't loving believe it. Why now? Did they just suddenly have the time/resources to do this?

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

You mean I can finally unhook my PS3? And will get to play Dragon's Dogma at a solid framerate? :swoon:

Best case scenario this sells really well and convinces Capcom to release DDO in the west, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Megafunk posted:

I can't loving believe it. Why now? Did they just suddenly have the time/resources to do this?

They could be planning on releasing Dragon's Dogma Online in the West and they're doing this to drum up interest. Or a true sequel, which would be better, but even less likely.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Megafunk posted:

Because Dragon's Dogma Online is out and a bunch of the developers on DDON which aren't needed for post release development need something to do while they figure out their next project.

That's my guess anyway.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I'd be happy with a DDO localization, a Dark Arisen port, or a sequel. idgaf which one it is as long as it's for PS4 :smith:

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Megafunk posted:

Maybe someone at Capcom somehow shook themselves out of stupor and suddenly realized "hey wait, we're remaking loving Resident Evil Zero yet Dragon's Dogma is not on PC yet?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Megafunk posted:

As others have said, it may be Capcom gauging interest before investing in an English localization. Maybe they're planning on a release for next-gen consoles as well. Maybe they're tired of the emails. Maybe they're just nice.

• Locked thread