Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Pierzak posted:

the specialization table/control screen/whatever,

Whats this?

Pierzak posted:

...I'm now sad again because plasma can no longer break cubes :(

This sounds kinda rear end in a top hat-ish tbf :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Read the campaign rules, you're asking about basics. I mean the table that can give you extra AVA and whatever.

quote:

This sounds kinda rear end in a top hat-ish tbf :p
That was the point :v:

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Pierzak posted:

Read the campaign rules, you're asking about basics. I mean the table that can give you extra AVA and whatever.

Is this in the HS/CP pdf on the Infinity site? I couldn't find anything about spec ops there, but I didn't look that hard tbh (I mean, no index or table of contents, wtf?)

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Just managed a French Waterloo game, a stunning glorious victory that turned into a sudden defeat on the final turn. My buddy had a Maakrep that managed to punch a hole through my total reaction rem to push up and clinch it quite literally on the last order.

I had a hacker that was in range to slap down a white noise zone and completely forgot it existed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcGQpjCztgA

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Napoleon would have won Waterloo had he had Asswangs.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I feel weird. I usually tune out the discussion of sexism in miniatures because it inevitably leads to bashing somebody or other, but I just realized that almost all basic human LI/MI are arranged by religiously adhering to the formula of "man aiming, man with rifle down, woman posing". Seriously, 95% troop trios, same thing.

Why did I only realized it just now? Because the one notable hole in that rule is Yu Jing. The evil Asian patriarchy does not care and puts its women in combat poses :wtc: and since I started Nomads it's the above poo poo.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
My FLGS is having a beginner's Infinity tournament with the basic rules (which I guess means no hacking and such) in about a month and a half, and I'm thinking of trying it out. It's 150 points and the assumption seems to be that most folks will just buy a starter and take extra options as needed to get their force up there. Anyway, I was wondering if there was any half-decent way to stretch the Bakunin starter to 150 points. I read something that says that particular box is around 105 points base, and that seems like a lot to make up. I'd rather not be into Infinity for much more than the starter over this time period, if possible, because I'm trying to save some money.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

JerryLee posted:

My FLGS is having a beginner's Infinity tournament with the basic rules (which I guess means no hacking and such) in about a month and a half, and I'm thinking of trying it out. It's 150 points and the assumption seems to be that most folks will just buy a starter and take extra options as needed to get their force up there. Anyway, I was wondering if there was any half-decent way to stretch the Bakunin starter to 150 points. I read something that says that particular box is around 105 points base, and that seems like a lot to make up. I'd rather not be into Infinity for much more than the starter over this time period, if possible, because I'm trying to save some money.

If you buy Reverend Superior Cassandra Kusanagi and add her to the starter box, your force will come out to 150 points on the dot. I can't speak to how effective that would be, though.

Jurisdictional Command of Bakunin
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

Group 1 7 0 0
KUSANAGI Lieutenant MULTI Rifle + Light Flamethrower, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (+1 | 44)
MODERATOR Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (9)
SIN-EATER Mk12 / Pistol, CCW. (30)
REVEREND MOIRA MULTI Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW. (30)
ZERO (Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (19)

0 SWC (+1) | 150 Points

Open with Army 5

You have a ton of options, most of which would only involve buying a model or two, or maybe a single other box set. I'd look at lists with an eye toward what you want to build at 300 points.

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Sep 4, 2015

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Pierzak posted:

I feel weird. I usually tune out the discussion of sexism in miniatures because it inevitably leads to bashing somebody or other, but I just realized that almost all basic human LI/MI are arranged by religiously adhering to the formula of "man aiming, man with rifle down, woman posing". Seriously, 95% troop trios, same thing.

Why did I only realized it just now? Because the one notable hole in that rule is Yu Jing. The evil Asian patriarchy does not care and puts its women in combat poses :wtc: and since I started Nomads it's the above poo poo.

You are right but it doesn't bug me. I could turn it around and say the men sculpts don't look as cool as the female models.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Pierzak posted:

If it helps, I think no model is posing as much as Achilles, and he's the mannest man who ever manned. Though to be fair, SP models are all very pose-prone. I guess it's ALEPH propaganda initiative that they always look like a freeze-frame from a movie trailer.

Comrade Merf
Jun 2, 2011
So the Grunt in my USAriadna box holding his rifle in the ready position was packaged with the left arm from a Marauder. I also kinda got my complaint code paper things mixed up in a pile, not that I can tell what to do with them anyways. The Devil Dog might be my new favorite model in the range at least.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Pierzak posted:

Dude, Haqqislam has an entire unit class named fir women sold into sexual slavery, they're not the most forward thinking company. Fortunately they're are a number of piecemeal sellers so you can avoid the worst of the models in box sets.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I remember Tech Coolies.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
CB love to use foreign words to make things sound cool without actually knowing what they mean.

They're Spanish, so the entirety of English qualifies. I don't understand why their weapon list has to read like a multilingual dictionary.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Z the IVth posted:

CB love to use foreign words to make things sound cool without actually knowing what they mean.

See also: every instance of Russian text in the game. Good thing I didn't play Ariadna then or I'd get brain damage from all that facepalming.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Swagger Dagger posted:

If you buy Reverend Superior Cassandra Kusanagi and add her to the starter box, your force will come out to 150 points on the dot. I can't speak to how effective that would be, though.

Group 1 7 0 0
KUSANAGI Lieutenant MULTI Rifle + Light Flamethrower, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (+1 | 44)
REVEREND MOIRA MULTI Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW. (30)
ZERO (Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (19)

0 SWC (+1) | 150 Points

Open with Army 5

You have a ton of options, most of which would only involve buying a model or two, or maybe a single other box set. I'd look at lists with an eye toward what you want to build at 300 points.
7 Orders is really tight so I'd be tempted to not bother with her, I don't really think Kusanagi is that good tbh.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Group 1 8 0 0
REVEREND MOIRA HMG / Pistol, Shock CCW. (1.5 | 34)
ZERO (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
MODERATOR Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 9)

3.5 SWC | 148 Points

Open with Army 5

Flavor with FO Zeroes instead of Minelayer Zeroes if you need to push scenario buttons. Realistically you only need 1 extra Zero from a blister pack, because you'll probably never have all three revealed at the same time.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Sep 5, 2015

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Thanks for the recommendations so far! I'm in talks with someone who may be getting rid of some NIB stuff, including the Bakunin sectorial starter, so I'll see what I can get from him.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Anyone know which models contain loose Ariadnan-type rifles? I've got a few Haqq ones but they're of a slightly different design.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Just figured out how and when I'd use a Sekban in vanilla:

Haqqislam

Group 1 8 2 1
DJANBAZAN HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
SEKBAN Heavy Rocket Launcher, Chain-colt / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 24)
HUNZAKUT (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (18)
NAJJARUN Engineer Rifle + Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (17)
GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (16)
NASMAT Electric Pulse. (3)
NAFFATÛN Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (12)
NAFFATÛN Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (12)
GHULAM Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (12)
GHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (12)
KUM Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (10)

Group 2 5 2 2
LASIQ Viral Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 26)
SHIHAB REMOTE HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
MUYIB (Minelayer) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D.E.P. Viral Mines / Pistol, Knife. (24)
MUYIB (Minelayer) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D.E.P. Viral Mines / Pistol, Knife. (24)
GHULAM Hacker (Hacking Device) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)
MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer / Pistol, Knife. (5)
MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer / Pistol, Knife. (5)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 5

I legit think that this is good.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Sep 5, 2015

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Pierzak posted:

See also: every instance of Russian text in the game. Good thing I didn't play Ariadna then or I'd get brain damage from all that facepalming.

Explain?

Pierzak posted:

Anyone know which models contain loose Ariadnan-type rifles? I've got a few Haqq ones but they're of a slightly different design.

I have a bunch of the Ariadna line, still don't have a single loose rifle of theirs. :(

Edit: Speaking of my Ariadna, I really have no idea what paint scheme I should go for. Any suggestions? I usually try to avoid the 'official' schemes, but something close to that would fit my primarily Kazak force. Or something entirely different.

Condoleezza Nice! fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 6, 2015

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Here's a random musing question without any context, if I'm running The Hungries, would you chaps generally go for 2/2 Preta/Gakis or just 3 Pretas?

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

I've never played the Hungries but flexibility is always a strong point in Infinity. Having a pocket suicide bomber can never hurt. I'd be terrified of them getting all up in my (Adriana) camo biz.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah it's exactly how I'm going to try using them, our terrains taken a bit of a turn for denser recently on some of our tables and I've wanted another pocket tool for dealing with stuff around corners and I'm curious how well these chaps will do.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

Here's a random musing question without any context, if I'm running The Hungries, would you chaps generally go for 2/2 Preta/Gakis or just 3 Pretas?

In 2nd edition Pretas were unquestionably king. Now, I would still favour the chain rifle as it's such a powerful weapon against link teams, and for the threat range. Personal preference though, it's probably pretty tight. I feel like pretas have a greater ceiling for achievement, if you pump the orders in and stay lucky for a few rolls, one can do a lot.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

V: Dogged looks really slick on them too, I've gone with the 3 Preta's for this list which I'm going to give a whirl on Thursday. I think it's not a great list but I'm curious on how it works vs my current meta.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Squeaked out a win against Nomads in a 300pt Coffin Raiders tonight. Nothing like bringing 6 LFTs and 3 HFTs to the Armory party. :flame:

Bear Throne
Apr 9, 2014
Couple of interesting things from NOVA, stolen from the forums:

Onyx Force consists of Sygmaa, Unidrons, and Umbra. Aspects not invited to the party, so no "Hello, glad to meet you, I'm an Avatar."
Onyx will get morat and shassvasti "elite" units. They are like the combined black hand, cherry picking from all races.

Seraph no longer a Stingray TAG, will be better, more expensive, keeps Auxbot, and release is imminent.

Bear Throne fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Sep 8, 2015

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Bear Throne posted:

Onyx Force consists of Sygmaa, Unidrons, and Umbra. Aspects not invited to the party, so no "Hello, glad to meet you, I'm an Avatar."
Onyx will get morat and shassvasti "elite" units. They are like the combined black hand, cherry picking from all races.

Seraph no longer a Stingray TAG, will be better, more expensive, keeps Auxbot, and release is imminent.

So Onyx Force is basically the EI version of JSOC.

Are they the "Evolved Intelligence" sectorial or are they a different sectorial? Because I kind of want the EI Sectorial. Extra Aspect AVA mmmm. :(

ThreeLefts
Dec 27, 2012

Bear Throne posted:

...Seraph no longer a Stingray TAG...

Boooooouuurrrns

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Bear Throne posted:

So no Charontid or Skiavoros? Thats weird, I thought it was going to be the "robot" faction with sygmaa and legates thrown in.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

There might be a Mnemonica model released for the sect but it does feel a bit dumb having Autotool line infantry without any of the aspects.

I can get the Avatar, but No Anathematic or Charontid???

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
It seems pretty clear that EI and Sygmaa are both going to get their own sectorial armies, and that Onyx is neither of them. I don't really get the point of the Onyx force then, but presumably CB has some sort of plan that's not just "vanilla with fireteams."

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I really should get off my butt and assemble my Marut.

And buy the Scylla box.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Deviant posted:

I really should get off my butt and assemble my Marut.

And buy the Scylla box.

I really should get off my butt and paint my everything.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I get the odd feeling that the official Infinity forums are suddenly experiencing an influx of very angry new players due to Age of Sigmar.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Corbeau posted:

I get the odd feeling that the official Infinity forums are suddenly experiencing an influx of very angry new players due to Age of Sigmar.

I talked with a local former GW store manager and apparently GW is hemorrhaging customers and CB is laughing all the way to the bank on it.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Well, I am one of those people who checked out Infinity as a direct result of not liking GW's policies. And now I am painting Haqqislam.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Corbeau posted:

Now look at what you've done, you''ve said the forbidden words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Deviant posted:

I talked with a local former GW store manager and apparently GW is hemorrhaging customers and CB is laughing all the way to the bank on it.

Mantic must not believe their luck. They had to go out and say that they honestly didn't that AoS was releasing right before their 2nd ed.

But I'll leave that kind of chat in the GW Deathpool thread where it belongs. This thread is still sane.

• Locked thread