Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Bait and Swatch posted:

Speaking of Satan, there is a petition to put the Baphomet statue next to the one of the ten commandments in Arkansas now: http://m.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2015/09/08/satanists-petition-arkansas-for-a-place-at-the-capitol

I can't wait for freep to catch wind of it.

They should make another Baphomet statue for every state that has the 10 commandments out in front of its government buildings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Elephant Ambush posted:

Wait so she just straight up lied to the judge to get out of jail?

We'll see. If she actually interferes with the issuing of licenses, it's really going to piss the judge off. A judge can gently caress your life up in all sorts of novel ways

For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2pRndSN37s

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

DeusExMachinima posted:

Waiting for the inevitable letdown if she goes back to prison or RINO status if she agreed not to interfere. :lol:
freep has an out there because Davis is a Democrat, so just tweak that to "attention seeking LIEberal plant!!!!!!!" and I think you'll capture their response :)

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

DeusExMachinima posted:

Kim Davis is being released on the condition that she doesn't stop her deputies from issuing licenses. 100% chance she fucks up. Let's go to Freep...

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3334397/posts

Waiting for the inevitable letdown if she goes back to prison or RINO status if she agreed not to interfere. :lol:

I like how, while comparing her favorably to Rosa Parks, they still manage to simultaneously poo poo on Rosa Parks by calling her a communist (I mean, she was, she was involved in the Communist Party, the SNCC, the League of Revolutionary Black Workers, and openly supported the Black Panthers, but to Freep that's an insult).

Mister Bates fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 8, 2015

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Wait so she just straight up lied to the judge to get out of jail?

No, her office, currently being run by her clerks, is currently issuing licenses, therefore she is technically complying with the court order and should be released. However if she interferes with the issuing of licenses like she has said she will she will be going right back to jail. Think of it like the judge giving her a rope, she can either hang herself with it or climb out of the hole she is stuck in, her choice.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Freepers: The is no one left to vote for

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

No, her office, currently being run by her clerks, is currently issuing licenses, therefore she is technically complying with the court order and should be released. However if she interferes with the issuing of licenses like she has said she will she will be going right back to jail. Think of it like the judge giving her a rope, she can either hang herself with it or climb out of the hole she is stuck in, her choice.

You'd think she'd have the good sense at this point to pull the 'ol "Gasoline yourself in front of city hall" trick at this point. Conservatives are terrible at protesting.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Mister Bates posted:

I like how, while comparing her favorably to Rosa Parks, they still manage to simultaneously poo poo on Rosa Parks by calling her a communist (I mean, she was, she was involved in the Communist Party, the SNCC, the League of Revolutionary Black Workers, and openly supported the Black Panthers, but to Freep that's an insult).

LOL at the Rosa Parks comparison.

She's not Rosa Parks. She's the shithead bus driver that sent Rosa Parks to sit in the back of the bus.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

predicto posted:

She's not Rosa Parks. She's the shithead bus driver that sent Rosa Parks to sit in the back of the bus.

I think Bull Connor is probably the more apt comparison for this lady.

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

Edit: drat wrong thread.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

predicto posted:

Really, the rosa parks in this analogy is whatever copycat clerk shows up in the next week with significant political backing and a polished, rehearsed message. (Thanks, drunk history!) This clerk is that pregnant teenage girl who history forgot.

"Both sides of a sociopolitical argument think they oppressed, film at 11"

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 8, 2015

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Really, the rosa parks in this analogy is whatever copycat clerk shows up in the next week with significant political backing and a polished, rehearsed message. (Thanks, drunk history!) This clerk is that pregnant teenage girl who history forgot.

"Both sides of a sociopolitical argument think they oppressed, film at 11"

Please don't even jokingly make this comparison.

Or imply that this is an issue where both sides have merit.

Political Whores fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 8, 2015

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Racism Vs. Whites? You’re Kidding Me

quote:

To: 2ndDivisionVet
Discrimination is not racism. Discrimination is being able to tell that there is a difference between two things.

4 posted on 9/8/2015, 11:18:15 AM by arthurus (It's true.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

I have yet to find an evidence that white people in this Nation have ever rioted when angered by blacks!

6 posted on 9/8/2015, 11:20:11 AM by MeshugeMikey ("Never, Never, Never, Give Up," Winston Churchill ><>)

quote:

When I was working for GE in Camden, NJ I wanted to get lunch and help out the local economy.

I want into a black deli and tried to order a sandwich.

I was told “We don’t serve whites here.”

I left and never went back and always used to company cafeteria.

21 posted on 9/8/2015, 11:27:59 AM by 2banana (My common ground with terrorists - they want to die for islam and we want to kill them)

quote:

Consider the reaction if a bunch of whites, nationwide, started a trend of playing “knockout game” on blacks. You think we wouldn’t get 24/7 coverage of the “crisis”?

28 posted on 9/8/2015, 11:38:48 AM by PapaBear3625 (You don't notice it's a police state until the police come for you.)

quote:

To: econjack
My daughter’s swim lessons are in an overall area where minorities tried to murder 2 cops the other day, in Houston.

We are white, and I feel like a target in that area. At stop lights I look around and notice that we are the only white people present.

A minor fender bender in that area could be a death sentence.

31 posted on 9/8/2015, 11:50:41 AM by T-Bone Texan (The economic collapse is imminent. Buy staple food and OTC meds now, before prices skyrocket.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Icon Of Sin posted:

CNN has a video up where they say her lawyers said exactly that. This crazy train slowed down coming into the station, then floored it before anyone got off. Hail gay satan! :getin:

lmao. Thanks man, that cracked me up.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

quote:

When I was working for GE in Camden, NJ I wanted to get lunch and help out the local economy.

I want into a black deli and tried to order a sandwich.

I was told “We don’t serve whites here.”

I left and never went back and always used to company cafeteria.

21 posted on 9/8/2015, 11:27:59 AM by 2banana (My common ground with terrorists - they want to die for islam and we want to kill them)

:happened:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

quote:

I have yet to find an evidence that white people in this Nation have ever rioted when angered by blacks!

6 posted on 9/8/2015, 11:20:11 AM by MeshugeMikey ("Never, Never, Never, Give Up," Winston Churchill ><>)

Holy fucken poo poo you must not have been paying attention to American History.
Whites riot over sports = sports pride
Minorities riot over social injustices = Them trying to destroy this country

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

quote:

lol.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Mister Bates posted:

I just assumed that was a weird Freep meme because she was black. If she actually was loving retarded enough to be a communist then I'm relieved she managed to do something right.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

DeusExMachinima posted:

I just assumed that was a weird Freep meme because she was black. If she actually was loving retarded enough to be a communist then I'm relieved she managed to do something right.

Two thongs, being a communist and the bus thing counts as two separate things.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DeusExMachinima posted:

Are you seriously saying that communists can't do anything right?

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah capitalism sure has worked out for black Americans. I'm not even a communist but ask yourself why a woman of an oppressed and exploited minority would side with an ideology that preaches radical equality.

Oh wait look who I'm talking to.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Yeah this is pretty much peak STDH. "Black deli" :laffo:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Alter Ego posted:

That kind of thing only happens in libraries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JunRTo3wtHI&t=84s

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Alter Ego posted:

Even if it somehow did happen, it's telling that their interpretation of such an event was "man, black people are so racist!" rather than "It really sucks to have people deny you services based on tertiary physical attributes!"

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Keeshhound posted:

Even if it somehow did happen, it's telling that their interpretation of such an event was "man, black people are so racist!" rather than "It really sucks to have people deny you services based on tertiary physical attributes!"

If it happened, the deli was probably just saying they don't serve white bread.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

CellBlock posted:

Well, yes; I'd think less of any deli that did.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Mister Bates posted:

The Republican Party is really loving good at alienating former Republican voting blocs if those blocs aren't white men. Hispanic people trend religious and used to fairly reliably vote Republican until the 70s or 80s, but are now a strong and solid Democratic voting bloc. Black voters drat near voted 100% Republican until the 1930s and a big chunk of them continued to vote Republican until 1964; nowadays black voters support the Democrats by over 90% in most elections. Muslim-Americans voted almost entirely for George W. Bush in 2000, and are now a near-unanimous Democratic support stronghold less than two decades later.

It's going to come back to gently caress them in the rear end eventually; their electoral strategy for the last 40 years or so was built around basically being a single-ethnicity party, in a country where that ethnicity is well on its way to not being a majority anymore.

Also, even within that ethnicity they're doing their best to piss off women, and white men are nowhere near a majority.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

bobkatt013 posted:

Are you seriously saying that communists can't do anything right?

Well, I guess Stalin killed Trotsky. So clearly they help out humanity on occasion.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Holy fucken poo poo you must not have been paying attention to American History.
Whites riot over sports = sports pride
Minorities riot over social injustices = Them trying to destroy this country

white people don't riot when angered by blacks, they just burn down black communities when they get too prosperous'n'uppity

I know it's just impotent anger but I wish I could shove poo poo like this in that freeper's face. They rant and rave that minorities need to stop being lazy and get a drat job, except that, oops, turns out black people aren't allowed to do that

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Suitaru posted:

white people don't riot when angered by blacks, they just burn down black communities when they get too prosperous'n'uppity

I know it's just impotent anger but I wish I could shove poo poo like this in that freeper's face. They rant and rave that minorities need to stop being lazy and get a drat job, except that, oops, turns out black people aren't allowed to do that

"That was in the past, why can't you get over it, white people were slaves too, we have a black president now, no one from then is still alive"

Blah.
Blah.
Blah.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

MattD1zzl3 ( in a PM) wrote on Sep 8, 2015 16:27:

Political Whores posted:

Please don't even jokingly make this comparison.

Or imply that this is an issue where both sides have merit.

I understand your frustration with years on end of educating ignorant white people over and over again about issues they dont understand, and how this could make you short with someone with which you disagree. But people who disagree not talking is how you end up not talking to or interacting with your garden variety racist until one (also frustrated because of a lack of communication) walks into your building and starts shooting.

Pull out your list of tropes and call me a south park philosopher if you want, but your impuse to reject those with differing perspectives cannot be healthy, and your perspective seems emotional, not logical. (Yes, i know that is also a trope)

I'm not letting you hide this in a PM. Your statement is essentially that the threat of violence from bigots should require oppressed minorities to cajole their oppressors into accepting them (this never works). The absurd asymmetry of violence is exactly the point of all this stuff. Maybe if gay activists had thrown a molotov cocktail on Kim Davis then you can talk about both sides being equal. So gently caress you and your loving MRA apologia and bigot comforting you piece of human garbage. And gently caress your stupid fallacious appeal to logic too.

E: My partner got thrown out of his family's house and has not seen his parents in years because this poo poo still infects people at all levels. He's tried to make peace but they won't accept anything short of him not being gay anymore for them to resume contact, and his sister informs him of the horrible things they say about him to the rest of his family when she can get away from them. If he had not had a friend to crash with, he would have been homeless. Tell me more though, about how calm, logical reasoning is going to save the day and mend all those broken fences. And there are certain places we won't hold hands in public, because yes poo poo has happened.

Political Whores fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Sep 8, 2015

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

CellBlock posted:

Or crackers.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Jurgan posted:

Also, even within that ethnicity they're doing their best to piss off women, and white men are nowhere near a majority.

Unfortunately, they sure as hell vote more regularly than anyone else.

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.
Mattdizz13 just needs to concern troll elsewhere imo

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
Here is a choice quote from a freeper that leaked into my facebook life today. We were talking about an article a friend posted that tried to refute the fact that legalizing marriages for gays has no impact on straights by using Kim Davis as an example. Everyone was basically said "yeah, the article is dumb" when this rear end in a top hat chimed in:

Rockey on Freepbook posted:

Just like her refusal to do her job has affected her? Right. Because heterosexuals don't care. We find someone else to do their job. We just assume the one not willing to do their job is an idiot and we move on.
Homosexuals drive across state lines with television crews in tow so they can prove to the world ONE person in Kentucky is a bigot.
It has nothing to do with homosexual rights but everything to do with a totalitarian form of suppression. Shaming people into compliance. Thanks to social media you'd think this was a huge deal in this country. It's not, it's just made to seem that way because of fb, Twitter, and TV.

No such thing as gay marriage. So they've been arguing for? You're probably okay with people marrying their siblings or even parents. Mom marrying her daughter? Yes? Still just a marriage. Nothing to see here. Move along.

He went on to compare homosexuality to pedophilia by saying that gay rights activists who are trying to normalize homosexuality were no better than pedophiles trying to get pedophilia removed from the DSM. Didn't get a copy of it before the thread got deleted.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Sep 9, 2015

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Political Whores posted:

I'm not letting you hide this in a PM. Your statement is essentially that the threat of violence from bigots should require oppressed minorities to cajole their oppressors into accepting them (this never works).

Ok. Posting PMs publicly has to be considered rude. I don't want to think that simple dialogue is a mistake. But again and again I am proven wrong. Each time this happens you make SA more and more or an echo chamber, and likely make yourself more and more ignorant. A mistake on my part, and one i hope i dont make again.

Some of you are basically left wing freepers (i hope its a vocal minority), and this is coming from a proud life long athiest socialist.

Zot me if you want, my conscience is clear

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 9, 2015

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lollol, your a milquetoast liberal at best,

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Ok. Posting PMs publicly has to be considered rude. I don't want to think that simple dialogue is a mistake. But again and again I am proven wrong. Each time this happens you make SA more and more or an echo chamber, and likely make yourself more and more ignorant. A mistake on my part, and one i hope i dont make again.

Some of you are basically left wing freepers (i hope its a vocal minority), and this is coming from a proud life long athiest socialist.

Zot me if you want, my conscience is clear

gently caress off quit making GBS threads up this fine thread.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Ok. Posting PMs publicly has to be considered rude. I don't want to think that diologe is a mistake. But again and again I am proven wrong. Each time this happens you make SA more and more or an echo chamber, and make yourself more and more ignorant.

Some of you are left wing freepers, and this is coming from a proud life long athiest socialist.

Ahahaha, a proud atheist socialist. Listen, you've obviously never had to deal with people who will tell you to your face that you deserve to die. I have, and I don't particularly value trying to convert them to the light. Because it never works. And your attitude of minimizing and equivocating between the two sides like this is some sort of abstract philosophical debate instead of something that is still harming people and getting them killed is exactly the problem with the kind of weak milquetoast liberalism that claims social progress as its own while fighting it it at the time. If you want another blast from history, one that's a little more relevant then your weird self-congratulatory reference to Claudette Colvin, go loving read King's Letter from a Birmingham Jail. Here, I'll quote you the part I'm thinking about :

quote:

I must make two honest confessions to you, my Christian and Jewish brothers. First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro’s great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen’s Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to “order” than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: “I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action”; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man’s freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a “more convenient season.” Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.

40% of homeless youth in America are LGBT. In many urban areas that percentage is higher. That is the reality of the world we live in, not some airy fantasy where bigots can believe horrible, hateful things and have no effect other than hurt feelings. Call me again when Christian bigots are out in the street in the hundreds of thousands for being who they are, and then we can revisit the equivalence of this debate.

Political Whores fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Rudy
Oct 8, 2008

Taste The Rainbow!
Poll: Trump Surges Past Hillary, Biden, Sanders, and Gore — Here Are Some Reasons Why

quote:

Blacks LOVE Trump. To them, he’s the ultimate paid-in-full Bo$$ who has the swag and the cash, without trying to pander or “act black.” That success sells in the inner cities, which is why Trump is name-dropped on a lot of hip-hop rap singles. His success IS his success.

4 posted on September 8, 2015 at 5:18:34 PM PDT by Extremely Extreme Extremist (Bush [the 90s rock band] for POTUS 2016!!!)

• Locked thread