Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
lol @ https://www.change.org/p/capcom-release-dragon-s-dogma-online-for-eu-and-na

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
they're averaging less than 1000 signatures per month yeah i'm sure capcom is going to get right on that north american release

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Constant Hamprince posted:

the people who care need better things to care about

or maybe the people that care about the people that care need better things to care about

'ugh these people that care about poo poo make me so mad i'm gonna post about it every single time they post about this thing that they care about that will show them how i don't care and how caring is stupid'

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Cold on a Cob posted:

or maybe the people that care about the people that care need better things to care about

'ugh these people that care about poo poo make me so mad i'm gonna post about it every single time they post about this thing that they care about that will show them how i don't care and how caring is stupid'

mlyp, same goes for all of you and also me, chill

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

anyone else playing silent hill this october?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i've never played a silent hill. it's probably too late to go back and play one. is it a reboot?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

nope, and the latest got nuked, playing the old and clunky silent hill and maybe finishing by halloween this year
might just play shattered memories since its short

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
only play silent hill 2

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Cold on a Cob posted:

apparently a lot of people in this thread but don't let that stop you from asking this every single loving time something like this comes up lol

I mean people who matter

and I'll ask every single time. :)

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

haveblue posted:

only play silent hill 2

i dont mind that, gonna plug in a ps2

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Fabricated posted:

I mean people who matter

and I'll ask every single time. :)

it's annoying and it just draws the conversation out longer ensuring more people will post about it, so if that's your goal, congratulations i guess, lol

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Cold on a Cob posted:

it's annoying and it just draws the conversation out longer ensuring more people will post about it, so if that's your goal, congratulations i guess, lol
Yep. Sure.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
time to hose down the games thread again, the nerds are gettin riled up about video game bikinis

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Constant Hamprince posted:

time to hose down the games thread again, the nerds are gettin riled up about video game bikinis

ill hose u down big guy :wink:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Cold on a Cob posted:

i thought ddo wasn't coming out in the west though

they filed for the western trademark :shrug:

capcom has denied that they'll bring games over immediately before announcing they'll bring them over before

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Improbable Lobster posted:

they filed for the western trademark :shrug:

capcom has denied that they'll bring games over immediately before announcing they'll bring them over before

fair enough but i still think it's very unlikely, it only sold 1.5 million worldwide and a fraction of that was na

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Cold on a Cob posted:

monster hunter would make a *lot* more sense even though i have little interest in that

there is a monster hunter on pc except it uses an engine from 2006, and also hilariously grindy despite having a monthly sub

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yodzilla posted:

it's pretty rad that you can play through the majority of MGSV as a female soldier if you so wish

wait, really?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

dragon enthusiast posted:

there is a monster hunter on pc except it uses an engine from 2006, and also hilariously grindy despite having a monthly sub

there's a more modern monster hunter pc mmo built on the crytek engine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDVfy6EIQAU

it's also hilariously grindy and not available in the states

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I think there are some female guards you can fulton back to base and you get the option of playing those characters

can they do major missions?

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
a monhun game on pc (or ps4) that isnt just ridiculous w/ the grind would make too much sense

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
you mean the grindy single player mmo game has an actual mmo version and it is also grindy?? :monocle:

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

you mean the grindy single player mmo game has an actual mmo version and it is also grindy?? :monocle:
no, you dont understand how bad it is in monhun frontier

like, take the normal item requirements to make something in monhun. now multiply it. now lower the drop rates of those items

that's monhun frontier

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

the mmo is way grindier than the normal version. in the normal version, the only items that have drop rates at like 1-2% are very rare drops from ultra-powerful monsters needed only for the most powerful equipment. in the mmo, those are the drop rates for basic items from beginning monsters

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Notorious QIG posted:

the mmo is way grindier than the normal version. in the normal version, the only items that have drop rates at like 1-2% are very rare drops from ultra-powerful monsters needed only for the most powerful equipment. in the mmo, those are the drop rates for basic items from beginning monsters

this sounds like a form of hell but i guess this could be said for all mmos at this point

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Notorious QIG posted:

wait, really?

during the loadout screen for missions you can choose to play as any member of your combat team. female soldiers have a different voice actor (obviously) and some of snakes lines are voice overs during certain dialog parts to make it seem like hes with miller/ocelot instead of on the ground sneaking balooning doods

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i need to play more mh4u, i never even hit g-rank

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kuvo posted:

during the loadout screen for missions you can choose to play as any member of your combat team. female soldiers have a different voice actor (obviously) and some of snakes lines are voice overs during certain dialog parts to make it seem like hes with miller/ocelot etc

neat :)

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
when you play as non-snake people their skills are suppose to level up but during the time i played as $ADJECTIVE_ANIMAL i didnt notice any difference. maybe thats for main story missions and not side ops?

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
in peace walker the best possible character is a woman in a bikini armed with a banana with all s except the cqc stun damage with the psychic channeler deal that reveals items

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Lightbulb Out posted:

the way the camera is aimed in a ton of shots are really gratuitously about quiets nakedness, like when you come in on your helicopter and it makes sure to perfectly frame her next to you

it's really fun and i've been playing non-stop and i'm only on chapter 2 so far - so about mission 30?

the reasons for quiet being the way she is - is dumb. i hope it fleshes it out a little more but that might be asking a lot.

There's only two chapters

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I've been playing as this ridiculous S++ rank lady and most of her stats are more than 2x better than snake's, and she has like a full minute of reflex mode slowmo

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

corn in the bible posted:

There's only two chapters

i guess that means i'm at the halfway point, i just got there. mgs5 has been a lot longer and more challenging than i was expecting.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CMGSS: Finally got through MGS2 and took a sneak peek at 3: FINALLY I can control the camera. Shooting controls are still retarded of course.

It was nice of them to reveal a big plot twist right on the (HD Collection) title screen.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
best hospital sequence ever geeze

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Is there an easy or good way to retire tons of lovely soldiers from my force without manually firing all of them because I'm sure that causes some sort of consequence later

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Fabricated posted:

Is there an easy or good way to retire tons of lovely soldiers from my force without manually firing all of them because I'm sure that causes some sort of consequence later

i think it skims off the bottom once your overfull, ive been at 700 for most of the game and i never lose my A+ recruits

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Fabricated posted:

unless your capping out there is no reason to.

you unlock a security team later on where you can dump 50+ e and d rank soldiers .

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

haveblue posted:

only play silent hill 2

yes

also play it when it's quiet and dark :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Lightbulb Out posted:

i guess that means i'm at the halfway point

don't forget mgo which will probably be the best multiplayer shooting until they shut down the servers

• Locked thread