Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
I remember watching a series of a single guy making cupcakes and other recipes for one, which was satire, and it ended up getting more and more depressing along the way. It's killing me that I can't remember the name.

E: Welp, I found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4eOa06DcyQ This is a pro watch. It's complete satire but gets more depressing and hilarious as it goes on.

A good starter episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFjstQ30RI8

Fishstick has a new favorite as of 23:21 on Sep 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Baldbeard posted:

This is the kind of thing you bury in the dead of night and never speak of again.

Yo dude don't do that you'll get a Botchling.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
A month ago my wife and I ordered a Kracie assortment from Amazon for her two little sisters to make when they are over at our house. We received it today and figured the one that her sisters would want to have over all the others was the burger one. So we made it without the kids to avoid the conflict :v:

Real fun to make, everything is tiny and in little cute packages. You get everything you need besides scissors and tape (for the little fry bag and burger flags) and the water and microwave (If you want the flags you need toothpicks and you have to provide the straw). It's easy to follow the instructions even if you don't know any Japanese as the little pictures to a good job of explaining. The only question we had was microwave times and power but the videos that have already been mentioned tells you. Everything is powder.
What about the taste?

Awful.
The fries are the best in that they sort of feel like fries when you eat them and sort of smell and taste like potato something. The ketchup you get tastes like sugar on it's own (way sweeter than western ketchup) but was OK with the fries.
The buns for the burgers smelled like cake when being mixed, the meat smelled vaguely like a seasoned beef. After nuking the buns smelled inoffensive and the beef smelled like White Castle. Cheap garbage-level meat with onion, but coming from a tiny meat puck I pulled out of the microwave that was recently powder, sitting in a plastic tray made out of who-knows-what. The 'cheese' didn't taste like food, it tasted like, well, I'm not exactly sure what it tasted like. All I know I put it in my mouth and went 'this is bad'. It did not taste like cheese, or even 'cheese food product'. Everything is spongy and cold. Every bite is an internal conversation of 'should I swallow this' followed by 'of course not' and spitting it out.
The soda fizzed like soda should. Smelled pretty good but tasted like cola-flavored Akla-Seltzer. Artificially sweetened flavor and way too much of it.
I took a bite of a burger, spit it out, ate a fry and swallowed, took a drink of the soda and spit it out. I then took nibbles of each of the parts of the burger and spit those out. My wife actually ate a couple burger bites and a few fries. My mouth still tastes like the inside walls of a White Castle smells and my wife asks "Is it possible I don't feel good from that? It was so little!".
I don't know how much of this is due to the ~Japanese Burger Experience~ and how much of it has to do with it being an edible toy but I don't recommended eating these. Real fun to put together but real unfun to eat.

The other kits we have are either candy versions of savory dishes or donuts and cakes, I have higher hopes for those.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

If you have access to a Witcher it can be turned into a Lubberkin, so it's fine.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Someone on my instagram posted this one.

That 'butter' though. And does no one own any real dishes anymore?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Picnic Princess posted:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

No, no, don't cornhole the cornbread, for the love of god

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Am I too late for the birthday cake posting?
Because I have a cake fit for a princess!

It'd take magic to make that cake look good :(

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Roro posted:

Am I too late for the birthday cake posting?
Because I have a cake fit for a princess!

It'd take magic to make that cake look good :(

I'm not sure what it's supposed to represent, but I actually like it a lot.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

steinrokkan posted:

Looks like the cake the fairies were making for Aurora - Sleeping Beauty's birthday.

Captain Lavender has a new favorite as of 23:47 on Sep 8, 2015

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

steinrokkan posted:

It's a replica of the cake the three Good Fairies make for Briar Rose/Aurora in Disney's Sleeping Beauty.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

PCOS Bill posted:

I did. It is. It's just... ugly.

Just an fyi if nobody else has mentioned this, but you can't glaze or frost cakes that are still hot. You have to let it cool down, then apply it or else you get that distinct glossy bukkake globs.

steinrokkan posted:

It's a cake from a disney film. I want to say it's Sleeping Beauty where the animals and fairy godmothers try to make a cake for the girl's wedding.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Bina posted:

Today is my birthday. :toot: Please post unpleasant birthday cakes.

BIRTH

It's also my roommate's birthday. :allears: Your name isn't Dave by any chance?

e: I have since learned that you are a woman and are likely not named Dave. Happy Birthday, not-Dave!

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Picnic Princess posted:

whats the problem with the butter. it just looks melted

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

DekeThornton posted:

I have never really liked princess cake, and it's the standard cake for any form of celebration here, especially at work, so I have a lot of resentment towards it.

I only have it once every couple of years or so, if that so yeah I can see that making the difference.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Haverchuck posted:

You are so adorable.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Botchling would be less scary.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Haverchuck posted:

Looks delicious imo :gizz:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
oh, i didnt think about cum right away when i saw it, sorry everybody

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I have the family recipe tuna-potato chip casserole in the oven right now. I haven't had this thing in years. Were I to serve it with loose corn, it would be a bingo I think.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

steinrokkan posted:

An accidental tribute to HR Giger

I'm usually pretty good at identifying mystery food in photos, but what the gently caress is that monstrosity?

Never mind, forgot to refresh the page.

Mexican Deathgasm has a new favorite as of 01:40 on Sep 9, 2015

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

I'm usually pretty good at identifying mystery food in photos, but what the gently caress is that monstrosity?

The Fiji mermaid.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Haverchuck posted:

oh, i didnt think about cum right away when i saw it, sorry everybody

Don't feel bad about your innocence, it's a good thing to have.

steinrokkan posted:

The Fiji mermaid.

In a loving gimp mask apparently.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

steinrokkan posted:

The Fiji mermaid.

they shot some of eraserhead on color film and decided it was too much

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Bina posted:

Today is my birthday. :toot: Please post unpleasant birthday cakes.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

Don't feel bad about your innocence, it's a good thing to have.
I'm an expert on cum and that is not cum

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Can anyone explain why people act like ketchup on hot dogs is the worst thing since beans in chili? I don't get it, what's wrong with using your condiment of choice.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Semisponge posted:

Can anyone explain why people act like ketchup on hot dogs is the worst thing since beans in chili? I don't get it, what's wrong with using your condiment of choice.

people are weird and elitist about any sort of food, goons are especially both of those things about anything, voila mystery solved

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I think it's also a regionalism thing. "we don't do it here, so you shouldn't either".

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Semisponge posted:

youre free to use catsup but i guess many people feel that it's overly sweet and there are many other, better toppings and condiments

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Semisponge posted:

1. Ketchup is a bad sauce that is bad on most things. 2. Tradition, you don't go to Chicago and put ketchup on hotdogs, you just don't.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Aesop Poprock posted:

people are weird and elitist about any sort of food, goons are especially both of those things about anything, voila mystery solved

Picnic Princess posted:

I think it's also a regionalism thing. "we don't do it here, so you shouldn't either".

Neo_Crimson posted:

1. Ketchup is a bad sauce that is bad on most things. 2. Tradition, you don't go to Chicago and put ketchup on hotdogs, you just don't.

:ms:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Neo_Crimson posted:

Hotdogs were invented in Germany, and Germans eat them with ketchup. Whatever people do in Chicago is just a product of mongrel people corrupting ulinary traditions.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
best dog i ever had was in reykjavik iceland. it was lamb (!) and had bbq sauce and crispy fried onions on top

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Haverchuck posted:

best dog i ever had was in reykjavik iceland. it was lamb (!) and had bbq sauce and crispy fried onions on top

Oh god yes, I miss those so much.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Hotdogs were invented in Germany, and Germans eat them with ketchup. Whatever people do in Chicago is just a product of mongrel people corrupting ulinary traditions.

racist

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

She said bad cakes not awesome cakes.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I don't even know what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

steinrokkan posted:

Hotdogs were invented in Germany, and Germans eat them with ketchup.
They weren't, and we don't. Go ahead, prove me wrong.

• Locked thread