Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Delsaber posted:

Well, it was a fun experiment while it lasted. Who's gonna step up and fill the Jarrett-sized hole on the bush league wrestling circuit?

Jeff Jarrett, once Dixie sells him TNA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Delsaber posted:

Well, it was a fun experiment while it lasted. Who's gonna step up and fill the Jarrett-sized hole on the bush league wrestling circuit?

Combat Zone Wrestling

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Chromatic posted:

This is going to bomb so loving hard and it's going to be more glorious than anything TNA has ever done.

I give Chael 2 months before he walks.

^ From 3 months ago. I was wrong on it being glorious though.

Is Chael even still involved?

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
salivating at the prospect of gfw, tna & lucha underground all dying and ROH being thrown off national cable.

what a time to be a wrestling fan.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

Combat Zone Wrestling

CZW will produce more PPVs in 2015 than GFW

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

CZW will produce more PPVs in 2015 than GFW

Probably better shows, too. Certainly better attended. For all the poo poo CZW catches, they've outlived WCW, ECW, will likely outlive TNA, and they occasionally put on genuinely good shows. And their in-house wrestling school trained Adam Cole (bay bay).

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Malikov posted:

salivating at the prospect of gfw, tna & lucha underground all dying and ROH being thrown off national cable.

what a time to be a wrestling fan.

I do wonder at times about the prospect of pro wrestling straight up dying off in the next 50 years. They've lost quite a bit of viewership and the fanbase has seemingly shunk over the last 20-30 years.

I think there's way too many other entertainment options out there nowadays for people to pull out the "Well pro-wrestling always comes and goes in cycles" explanation.

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 8, 2015

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Probably better shows, too. Certainly better attended. For all the poo poo CZW catches, they've outlived WCW, ECW, will likely outlive TNA, and they occasionally put on genuinely good shows. And their in-house wrestling school trained Adam Cole (bay bay).

i'm not sure that czw cage of death or tangled web will be better than wrestlekingdom 9, but fingers crossed all the same

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Chromatic posted:

I do wonder at times about the prospect of pro wrestling straight up dying off in the next 50 years. They've lost quite a bit of viewership and the fanbase has seemingly shunk over the last 20-30 years.

I think there's way too many other entertainment options out there nowadays for people to pull out the "Well pro-wrestling always comes and goes in cycles" explanation.

Completely die? I doubt it, bet th There's at least going to be indies made up of yardtards studying grandpa's old torrents.

Die off as any semblance of a mainstream entertainment option or way to make a living, at least in America? Who knows?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Luigi Thirty posted:

Jeff Jarrett cancelled some of their shows in Texas due to, uh, "schedule conflicts with future announcements." They didn't tell anyone, they just disappeared from the schedule and you can't get a refund except through the ballpark box office.

#JoinTheForce

A fan wrote about the hassle of trying to get a refund after a show was cancelled with no real announcement.

http://rajah.com/node/48896

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chromatic posted:

As a whole, the business is up, however, its a much tougher market than the 80s. Lots of different ways people can spend their entertainment dollar now. poo poo like GFW isn't as viable because they don't have the captive audience. You have to book a more compelling card than netflix and chill.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

As a whole, the business is up, however, its a much tougher market than the 80s. Lots of different ways people can spend their entertainment dollar now. poo poo like GFW isn't as viable because they don't have the captive audience. You have to book a more compelling card than netflix and chill.

Business is only up if you look at raw dollar figures, which is a given thanks to the new revenue streams and technology to get the product out there. In terms of attendance and popularity wrestling is a fraction of how popular it was in 1960, 70 or 80.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

Business is only up if you look at raw dollar figures, which is a given thanks to the new revenue streams and technology to get the product out there. In terms of attendance and popularity wrestling is a fraction of how popular it was in 1960, 70 or 80.

correct! so it makes no sense at all to run a bunch of dark house shows. Even if they're paid for.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

:siren: JEFF JARRETT IS BACK BABY :siren:

well sort of

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewkulha/2015/09/14/jeff-jarretts-global-force-wrestling-goes-international-with-new-deal/

They have a UK-based TV distributor shopping their show around now but no buyers yet.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx9mvjL8nQE

"This is real. This isn't scripted."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

dsriggs posted:

production looks fresh, I like that. It's still a company full of solid hands, no standouts tho.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
What channel

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

dsriggs posted:

"I train to hurt people."

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
The kayfabed reality show style presentation is a really cool idea I think. I mean this is still going to go nowhere but I could see someone else doing good with that.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

dsriggs posted:

That's a really good trailer. Here's to hoping it'll be interesting and not just another wrestling dumpster fire.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Hace posted:

What channel

TBA

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah, Jeff Jarrett self highfiving himself about finding a content distributor like it was a TV deal really confused a bunch of people. GG JJ

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Well this is certainly a belt

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Maybe it's just the lighting

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Well this is certainly a belt

The hexagons signify our unique 6-sided ring.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Yo, belt looks like poo poo.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

green poo poo, to be exact

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

looks like something a bird blah blah blah

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

It looks like a vase from a mid-tier Chinese restaurant

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lumbermouth posted:

It looks like a vase from a mid-tier Chinese restaurant

I was going to say a super gaudy urn, but this works too.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its got eagles on it so its good, actually

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

um those are dragon pigeons

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

could be mirrored chimeras, which is even better

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

That would have been a bitchin' belt in 1998.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Just slap a big Monster logo on there and hope no one's the wiser.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
take off the NEX GEN part off and it's a better belt than the world title

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hace posted:

Maybe it's just the lighting

If you squint, it looks like a bowl of vomit.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
"Just realized that Joey Ryan & Kenny King were supposed to be in the semis of the GFW tag tourney tonight & King is at GHBXIV."

https://twitter.com/ROHPittFan/status/657736960790794241

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

"Just realized that Joey Ryan & Kenny King were supposed to be in the semis of the GFW tag tourney tonight & King is at GHBXIV."

https://twitter.com/ROHPittFan/status/657736960790794241

lol, oops

• Locked thread