Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Niwrad posted:

I guess the last "viral" thing Opie did was get the Anthony Weiner dick pic out to the public.

Wasn't that due to Ant holding the picture up to the Paltalk camera?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

T Bowl posted:

I stand by what I said about the Bonfire too.... they sound like Opie and Anthony in their XM heyday around 2007 but younger, more in tune with the audience, and more funny with less people in studio.

Yeah, they're really good at the "two funny people just bullshitting randomly" thing that early satellite O&A did, which was why I started listening.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t0POpm5rts&t=240s

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
The Bonfire is very good but I also think it's good because of how little of it there is. Big Jay and Dan Soder are a little too similar and if they did do 4 hours a day 5 days a week I think it would get tired fast. In fact I think after 14 episodes the only thing they sort of disagreed on was titty loving and it wasn't even a big debate.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Bubba Smith posted:

The Bonfire is very good but I also think it's good because of how little of it there is. Big Jay and Dan Soder are a little too similar and if they did do 4 hours a day 5 days a week I think it would get tired fast. In fact I think after 14 episodes the only thing they sort of disagreed on was titty loving and it wasn't even a big debate.

Eh, they'd make it work. I couldn't see them being an early show or anything anyway which also makes it a lot easier. Just cause two guys like similar things doesn't mean it's somehow bad? I don't get the need of conflict between the two main hosts, that's what other people can be as needed.

Yeah, maybe the pop culture talk and funny impressions would get old for 3-4 hours a day.... I doubt it though.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I figured Anthony would have closed up his show by now. I guess there isn't a shortage of impotent racists obsessed with black culture out there after all.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

I like all 3 of the shows on Ant's network, personally, even if I don't agree with his or Gavin's views.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

T Bowl posted:

Eh, they'd make it work. I couldn't see them being an early show or anything anyway which also makes it a lot easier. Just cause two guys like similar things doesn't mean it's somehow bad? I don't get the need of conflict between the two main hosts, that's what other people can be as needed.

Yeah, maybe the pop culture talk and funny impressions would get old for 3-4 hours a day.... I doubt it though.

It's not just that they like similar things, it's that they're practically the same person. Same hobbies, same life perspective, drat near the same upbringing. If you extend that to a ~20 hour a week "hang" they would absolutely hit spots where it would be mundane unless they had like a dozen good topics for every show. Or if they brought in guests who would provide something new for them.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhCMoZZq9LI

This is what the show has become

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
I remember hearing them talk about this, but it's even better than I imagined:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vjZcqrRN_I

Edit
Watch this instead:
https://vimeo.com/80084800

Droopy Goines fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 10, 2015

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

They're younger, modern comedians, I don't see the problem with them being on O&J. Or is it because you're reaching back to them bitching about Garfunkel & Oates at some point in the far-past and Ant calling them hipster cunts, like he calls every girl 18-35 who isn't loving him.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Eh, Opie use to have Stephen Lynch on all the time back in the day.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ukuleles make me irrationally angry.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

shyduck posted:

This is what the show has become
Been a while since they did an rear end sex bit to be honest, they used to never shut up about that.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Has anybody been able to get The Anthony Cumia network stuff for free? I've been able to use it for free for like months now, which is great because I get to still watch LOS live. Is this on purpose or is someone loving up?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Someone's loving up.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

How Much Art posted:

Has anybody been able to get The Anthony Cumia network stuff for free? I've been able to use it for free for like months now, which is great because I get to still watch LOS live. Is this on purpose or is someone loving up?

Shh.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

How Much Art posted:

If this is unintentional, you've more than likely just ruined it for everybody.

Be sure to tell the teacher that she forgot to give homework for the weekend, too.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Apoplexy posted:

They're younger, modern comedians, I don't see the problem with them being on O&J. Or is it because you're reaching back to them bitching about Garfunkel & Oates at some point in the far-past and Ant calling them hipster cunts, like he calls every girl 18-35 who isn't loving him.

They're cutesy zany song comedians that require you to sit there and wait for them to hilariously reference the Transgressive Act of Anal Sex by a Good Girl for the 200th time.

The chance of successfully being funny in a song is really, really low in the first place because it guts, stretches, and squares off timing. They're really good at what they do, but what they do as a comedic genre sucks in the absolute best circumstances. Just tell a god drat joke well.

edit: Basically what I'm saying is they are over the top cute lighthearted toothless comedy on a show that once generated stuff like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRDXeinEUJQ

An Enormous Boner fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Sep 11, 2015

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Did they ever fix that hilarious hole where people's private rss feeds were getting scraped by Google? I remember that when the network first launched.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Call Me Charlie posted:

Did they ever fix that hilarious hole where people's private rss feeds were getting scraped by Google? I remember that when the network first launched.

I'm sorry, I never heard of this. But 'scraped'?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Morter posted:

I'm sorry, I never heard of this. But 'scraped'?

Found the original thread on Reddit about it https://www.reddit.com/r/TACSdiscussion/comments/2rxn25/ants_web_team_lets_private_rss_feeds_appear_on/

quote:

Might want to use basic web security to keep certain links off search indexes. Namely the /RSS/ folder.

quote:

The RSS feed provided is tied to your user account. You are responsible for protecting your URL. Do not share this URL as there are security measures in place to automatically block your account from the RSS feed if abuse is suspected.
Why bother protecting them when people can find them on Google?

And the answer is no :laugh: Jesus loving christ ant

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Sep 11, 2015

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
At least those examples posted there still work.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Apoplexy posted:

This is the kind of stuff they would have torn to shreds before.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Yeah, they've definitely never had guests that they would have otherwise trashed.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Toady posted:

Yeah, they've definitely never had guests that they would have otherwise trashed.

Remember when Paris Hilton came in and they just ripped on her for thirty minutes? Brutal.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Chris Henson they bashed, then he came in for them to suck his cock, then they bashed again after the fact.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Toady posted:

Well, yeah, Ehh, uhhhhh,

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
Soo how about that Blue Apron

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Morter posted:

If this is unintentional, you've more than likely just ruined it for everybody.

Be sure to tell the teacher that she forgot to give homework for the weekend, too.

I'm sorry I just got nervous from all the Joe Cumia threats of police action, he said he's alerted the authorities of piraters! :ohdear:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

How Much Art posted:

I'm sorry I just got nervous from all the Joe Cumia threats of police action, he said he's alerted the authorities of piraters! :ohdear:

He's an idiot.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

So is today the usual 9/11 fare from Ronny B?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

therealjon_ posted:

No...

but Highlander is back! :suicide:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

As long as we get that Princes of the Universe intro I'm all good with that.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

therealjon_ posted:

I think this is the first year that I forgot that it was the anniversary of 9/11.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Opie's reached next level douche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vevcw9oP70c

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
Her wig her wig

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I can't believe they did this to you, Patrice...

I'm so sorry. :negative:

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

An Enormous Boner posted:

They're cutesy zany song comedians that require you to sit there and wait for them to hilariously reference the Transgressive Act of Anal Sex by a Good Girl for the 200th time.

The chance of successfully being funny in a song is really, really low in the first place because it guts, stretches, and squares off timing. They're really good at what they do, but what they do as a comedic genre sucks in the absolute best circumstances. Just tell a god drat joke well.

edit: Basically what I'm saying is they are over the top cute lighthearted toothless comedy on a show that once generated stuff like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRDXeinEUJQ

Good thing Opie went to the phones during that!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

At first I thought you meant this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvvUs6xThow

Who made that? Is Cokelogic out of their price range now?

• Locked thread