Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Spamtheman posted:

It doesn't look like there are car clubs any more, are we making a list of gamertags?
Yes, there is a spreadsheet to collect Gamertags, it's linked in the OP and I've linked it here as well:

:siren: :siren: Post your Gamertag here to play with goons! :siren: :siren:

There's also a thread in Private Game Servers here to organize races with goons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Yes, there is a spreadsheet to collect Gamertags, it's linked in the OP and I've linked it here as well:

:siren: :siren: Post your Gamertag here to play with goons! :siren: :siren:

There's also a thread in Private Game Servers here to organize races with goons!

Looks like I'm already there, so far 4 GMT goons.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
IGN noticed a few things about career mode i'm not thrilled with, but not totally surprised either. Apparently you cant choose your championship in career mode, it is chosen for you. So no more "oh, i just bought a zonda, lets open the V12 races". Really suprised to hear that

And, of course:

IGN posted:

I think the biggest sin here though is the dated top-3-or-bust progression system. It simply means your race objective never wavers; start in the middle of the grid, pass seven-or-so cars, finish on the podium. If you don’t, you need to start the race again – you can’t simply make up points later.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Spamtheman posted:

Looks like I'm already there, so far 4 GMT goons.

Make that five!

I remember us having a pretty good time just hopping in random pubbie lobbies towards the demise of Forza 4.

Plus there's always the random Amerigoon that never sleeps and is powered by motor oil.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

None of that surprises me.

Feedback to the triggers feels improved over 5. Still not sure if I want to buy a xbone compatible wheel or not.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I posted a poster for the first week of GRC in the GRC thread, as well as the season schedule and the new spreadsheet.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740328

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

MattD1zzl3 posted:

IGN noticed a few things about career mode i'm not thrilled with, but not totally surprised either. Apparently you cant choose your championship in career mode, it is chosen for you. So no more "oh, i just bought a zonda, lets open the V12 races". Really suprised to hear that

Uh, that's not quite true. You get a choice of six different championships at each stage, but each one is part of one of five different stories of motorsport.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

MattD1zzl3 posted:

And, of course:

Not too happy about this third place or better thing. Essentially makes racing on unbeatable in career impossible. I like finishing further back in the pack just to make the game more realistic. Oh well

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

drgitlin posted:

Uh, that's not quite true. You get a choice of six different championships at each stage, but each one is part of one of five different stories of motorsport.

Can you post on how car class works? Did T10 implement a more granular system so we can race solely F1 or GT3-class cars, for example?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Leather Bear posted:

Can you post on how car class works? Did T10 implement a more granular system so we can race solely F1 or GT3-class cars, for example?

Forza has always had "car type" as well and career mode races in past games used this as a filter. Online races could also be configured for car type. Some examples of car type are like "pre-war grand prix" for example. This was a category in FM5. The only place where this was not configurable was in setting up your own single player races, but you could do this by setting up an online race with these restrictions and just not inviting anyone to your race and filling the grid with AI.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea, which makes no sense to me why it wasn't a single player thing. I'm hoping T10 wised up.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Leather Bear posted:

There's no change. In multiplayer you can specify which class and the drive type iirc. Tried checking just now but it keeps failing to let me set up a private lobby at the moment.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Goddamn it, Turn 10

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
What about free play mode? Can you choose the cars your AI opponents drive in that?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

drgitlin posted:

There's no change. In multiplayer you can specify which class and the drive type iirc. Tried checking just now but it keeps failing to let me set up a private lobby at the moment.

You're confusing hoppers lobby restrictions with private lobby ones, in whivh you can specify car type or laps.. damage..etc. turn10 has always really flubbed up public lobbies

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
In forza 5 it wasnt easy to get really specific. In forza 4 i could put "French cars, 1969 to 1991, mid-engined only, RWD, with less than 300 horsepower". in forza 5 i think you could only choose class, drive, and maybe engine position. Likely becuase they didnt have the car list to support it.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Sep 8, 2015

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

MattD1zzl3 posted:

In forza 5 it wasnt easy to get really specific. In forza 4 i could put "French cars, mid-engined only, RWD, with less than 300 horsepower". in forza 5 i think you could only choose class, drive, and maybe engine position. Likely becuase they didnt have the car list to support it.

There's a type category like gutbomb said. You can put in for example, 60s Grand Prix or Modern Grand Prix. Some types even were rollovers from forza 4 and didn't have any cars listed

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Well it's already obvious that pcars is the best-suited racing game for me. Although I will gladly dump tons and tons of hours into F6 as a hot lap crazy fantasy car sim.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the most worthwhile time in forza for me are the following modes in order of fun: 1.)Private Goon Races 2.)Rivals with Spec limitation 3.) Other Rivals events 4.) Test Drive (you can access the tuning panel during race to instantly see what changes) 5)Free play with car type set to F1 or whatever I'm feeling, AI set to unbeatable with wear on and 50+ laps 6) after all that I might play career mode but generally I find it too boring

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

ethanol posted:

There's a type category like gutbomb said. You can put in for example, 60s Grand Prix or Modern Grand Prix. Some types even were rollovers from forza 4 and didn't have any cars listed

He's talking about having that kind of granularity in customizing free play mode, which you can't do. But you can do that when setting up a private lobby. Unfortunately that requires Xbox Live Gold.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Did they really not downgrade multiplayer customization features between forza 4 and forza 5? I dont understand why anyone would have an xbox without gold. (and yet i cant justify a iracing membership for more then a month or two)

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Forza 6 commercial :nsavince:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Did they really not downgrade multiplayer customization features between forza 4 and forza 5? I dont understand why anyone would have an xbox without gold. (and yet i cant justify a iracing membership for more then a month or two)

If you don't play online then Gold is useless unless you like old or indie games.

Concerning iRacing I can completely justify the membership but don't have one since I just can't find the time that game needs to be competent unless I solely do superspeedways.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

ethanol posted:

You're confusing hoppers lobby restrictions with private lobby ones, in whivh you can specify car type or laps.. damage..etc. turn10 has always really flubbed up public lobbies

No, I'm really not. I know exactly how to create a private lobby, where you can set your own restrictions, and I am positive you can only tell it to set a specific car class (A, B, C, etc) and fwd/awd/rwd. However, as I said, the server kept failing when I tried to create a new one just now to double check.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

drgitlin posted:

No, I'm really not. I know exactly how to create a private lobby, where you can set your own restrictions, and I am positive you can only tell it to set a specific car class (A, B, C, etc) and fwd/awd/rwd.

I was hoping for way, way more customization options than that. At minimum, year, weight and power. I'd also like country of origin, body style and tire. :goonsay:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Did I see Gurkha LAPV?

Are you kidding me?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

drgitlin posted:

No, I'm really not. I know exactly how to create a private lobby, where you can set your own restrictions, and I am positive you can only tell it to set a specific car class (A, B, C, etc) and fwd/awd/rwd. However, as I said, the server kept failing when I tried to create a new one just now to double check.

To Clarify, you mean in FM6 you can only set up a private lobby with Letter class and drive type? Or all Forzas? Because I do it in FM5 every week with all of the extra stuff like the ability to choose which assists are allowed for people connecting, which car type, make, model, etc... It's in the advanced tab all the way over to the right in race setup. If they removed that in 6 there's going to be a revolt.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
F6 is getting some mixed reviews on the high end of the scale. Seems fair considering that in the time since F5 released we've gotten Driveclub (outstanding weather/time of day features), FH2 (weather/time of day), and PCARS (motorsport-focused, weather/time of day). While all of those games are uniquely flawed, they've brought interesting tweaks on the genre. F6 sounds like it's playing catch up in some areas, and lacking quality of life features.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I bought dirt rally, played it for 2 days and never touched it again, i bought project cars, played it for 1 day and never touched it again. I force myself to play FH2 5 minutes at a time to improve my Hub level. For me i've been disappointed with the racing games this year, and i dont think im the only one. It seems like Turn10 knows what i want more than i do, so i'm a customer for life.

On the subject of reviews, here is a fun gem:

"GamesRadar's very critical 3/5 review posted:

http://www.gamesradar.com/forza-motorsport-6-review/

I somehow managed to roll my car on a straight because it waggled under acceleration, which grew more violent before turning into a spin, which tipped over and barrelled for some 50m. Needless to say, that would never happen in real life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG-YGioK66Y&t=15s

:rolleyes:

e: Forza is like battlefield, the real fun is multiplayer and everything else is just for when your internet is down.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Sep 8, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea, but you're weird. We all know that.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Leather Bear posted:

Yea, but you're weird. We all know that.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

GutBomb posted:

To Clarify, you mean in FM6 you can only set up a private lobby with Letter class and drive type? Or all Forzas? Because I do it in FM5 every week with all of the extra stuff like the ability to choose which assists are allowed for people connecting, which car type, make, model, etc... It's in the advanced tab all the way over to the right in race setup. If they removed that in 6 there's going to be a revolt.

edit - OK I just checked and there's an entire page of car restrictions you can create for multiplayer races so fear not.

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008
Not Stephen Harper in Disguise.

That is simply not true.
My air miles wheel showed up today!! Can't wait to get home now and especially for Thursday!!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I think you'll find it to be a worthwhile purchase. I loved F5 with a controller, but 6 is going to shine now that my Fanatec setup is here. The 10th is going to be a busy day what with the start of the new NFL season too... anyone know exactly what time the game release is supposed to happen/be available to actually play?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Ether Frenzy posted:

The 10th is going to be a busy day

~_~ The job i've been waiting weeks for just called to say thursday, friday and saturday are my first, likely 12 hour days.

goddamnit

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Son of a whore I wish I knew about the MS employee discount. Oh well.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Wish I knew a ms employee

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
2 more days.

Best summer of our lives, you guys.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

Ether Frenzy posted:

.. anyone know exactly what time the game release is supposed to happen/be available to actually play?

Yes. The store page says Ultimate Edition unlocks at 13:01 UTC, which Google tells me is 09:01 Eastern Time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm off Thursday and Friday... going to buy a bunch of beer and snacks tomorrow to ready myself for a weekend of fun.

• Locked thread