Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Since we have another day to go now, I'm more than willing to add you in if we can get a 2nd person to round it up to 14.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I sent you an invite, but I'm going to ask that you hold off on accepting until we can make sure we can find a 14th, otherwise, we're going to just have to stay at 12.

e: or join now :shopkeeper:

Alright, so we can find a 14th in 23 hours, right? I have faith goons

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
ooooooooops.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I just posted in the main thread. Crossing my fingats

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Maybe we'll get 3 more and can do 16!

I just finished making cheat sheets to be good for 12, 14, and 16 teams so I'm good with whatever.

My general feel is that 12 to 16 teams safeties move up about a round or so and most LB drop about half a round.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I made it about 50 players into my pre-draft ranking before saying gently caress it. Christ, this is bad.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I might be able to join if I auto draft. So there's a way to pre rank your picks for that? How exactly does it work, if I can bang it out in 45 mins tonight I think I can do it.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
You can prerank - I would recommend doing around top 300 on the off chance we get 2 more people show up and jump to 16 teams. If we get 16 teams it'll be 272 players drafted. If we stick to 14 teams it'll be 238 players.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You can set pre-rankings using Yahoo's just incredibly, amazingly terrible tool. Once you've done 50, you'll be ready to kill yourself. You need to do like 300 at least.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I basically did like 80 LBs, 30 S, 20 CB, 20 DE, and 10 DT and I'm going to leave the rest up to chance.

I figure after about that, everything is pretty much replacement level and I'd rather spend my time trolling the WW than doing another 30 minutes of pre-ranking.

Epi Lepi posted:

I might be able to join if I auto draft. So there's a way to pre rank your picks for that? How exactly does it work, if I can bang it out in 45 mins tonight I think I can do it.

I can send you an invite if you give me the e-mail attached to your yahoo account.

Aredna posted:

You can prerank - I would recommend doing around top 300 on the off chance we get 2 more people show up and jump to 16 teams. If we get 16 teams it'll be 272 players drafted. If we stick to 14 teams it'll be 238 players.

I always intended it cut it off at 14.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Okay I joined and I did a pass through of pre ranking about 150 players. If I have time at work tomorrow I might fine tune it and or add more people.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Really try to add 100 more if you can or you're still going to end up with a lot of retired players on your bench.

Yes - it's that bad for IDP autodraft.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Word of warning to y'all: if you're planning on using the phone app for the draft, know that it's not going to let you use your pre-ranking list. I do not know why, but I do know that I wrote out the names of the top 180 players on my list so I could more easily find them/cross them off, because I was at work tonight.

Fuckin' Yahoo.

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
I have ~40 guys preranked, then I more or less burnt out and said gently caress it, WE'LL DO IT LIVE

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.
I just ranked J.J. Watt on Yahoo's site before I realized how unintuitive the interface is (c'mon, let me drag and drop). No way I have the patience to rank anyone.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

You can drag and drop, it's just not very responsive and it'll give you fits.

Against my preference, I think we'll move this to ESPN next year since they seem to be more keen to their IDP-game.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I'm auto drafting to be clear, I don't want anyone waiting on me.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Already dropped someone, starting strong over here.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

We did it guys, we had a draft

e: Yahoo gave me a B

"With Multiple Broncos, what's goin on here Needs Help" sweet thanks yahoo

actually this is better,

"They focused on the defensive side of the ball with their first three picks, selecting Luke Kuechly, James Laurinaitis, and Danny Trevathan. This roster is loaded with LBs, as what's goin on here drafted seven of them."

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Sep 10, 2015

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
"Innsmouth Old Ones turned the 10th overall pick into a season potentially filled with success"

:smuggo:

... that's pretty much the kiss of death though, isn't it

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Leperfish, were you still interested in a trade? I was thinking about sending Hightower unless you wanted to wait until week 2 when Ward is back from his suspension (if you were still interested in Swearinger).

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That's Dont'a Hightower for Vic Beasely, Jr., right? Yeah I'd do that trade. I wound up with too many week 10 bye guys.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

quote:

Slated for an Eighth-Place Finish, *spicy* *campers* Isn't Going to Scare Anyone

It is known

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I definitely should have spent more time and care setting my pre draft rankings, I feel like I have Bobby Wagner and a bunch of scrubs for linebackers. My other positions seem solid based on the ranking sites I've seen. Maybe I'm wrong though, I'm not familiar with the vast majority of the player pool.

Edit: "Maybe MattH's Team was out partying with Gronk and autodrafted? Hopefully that's their excuse as they are projected to finish 13th in THE loving IDP FRENZY League with a record of 1-12-0 "

Well, they got the autodrafting correct.

Epi Lepi fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Sep 10, 2015

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Azhais posted:

Already dropped someone, starting strong over here.

Me too. I mistook Lamarr Houston for Justin Houston. One is a very good linebacker, the other busted his body celebrating in the first game of the year last season.

Needless to say, he is no longer on my team.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Way to go auto-draft, you actually gave me a pretty decent team :toot:

All aboard the Watt train :getin:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Way to go auto-draft, you actually gave me a pretty decent team :toot:

All aboard the Watt train :getin:

That train is getting derailed in about 80 hours. Like crossing the country only to get out and find that your girlfriend has moved on. To a big black guy named Ndamukong.

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.
"[subject to change] Went All YOLO Here
Grabbing Lavonte David at pick 3 was just a bit of a stretch. David is owned on only a few rosters across all Yahoo! leagues."
Gee, I wonder why, Yahoo?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2539/justin-smith

he's retired, man

e. Are we not doing FAAB this year?

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Sep 10, 2015

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i don't know what you're talking about :ninja:

Leperflesh posted:

e. Are we not doing FAAB this year?

No

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

That's Dont'a Hightower for Vic Beasely, Jr., right? Yeah I'd do that trade. I wound up with too many week 10 bye guys.

You, uh... you'll still do this trade, right?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

You, uh... you'll still do this trade, right?

I'm not sure anymore. Vic Beasley is apparently a DE but Yahoo has him listed as a LB (of course, gently caress yahoo). I'm not sure if they'll change his position from LB to DE later on. I'll keep the trade open for now while I think about it.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
If they do anything they'll just add the DE flag, but LB flag won't be moved.

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
This was not a good night to start NE LBs.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

jerod mayo why

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Atlanta Falcons' web page lists Vic Beasley, Jr. as an OLB. See:
http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/roster/Vic-Beasley%20Jr./270a3133-398b-459a-8955-9910970f8d92

The NFL also list him as an LB: http://www.nfl.com/player/vicbeasley/2552301/profile

It would seem he's been moved from his former position at Defensive End.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'll accept as soon as I'm home. I forgot my yahoo email/pass so I can't do it on the phone.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Curtis Lofton is available, is he worth picking up over Navarro Bowman in my league? This is my first year doing IDPs (ESPN standard IDP scoring) and I have no idea how to value them. Our teams have one LB, one DL, here are mine:

LB: Navarro Bowman
DL: Aaron Donald

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

How many teams in the league, and what is your IDP scoring?

e. But generally I'd guess it's close, but I'd give the edge to Bowman.

Bowman's got 366 solo tackles in 64 games, averaging 5.7 tackles per game. Lofton has 616 tackles in 112 games, averaging 5.5 solo tackles per game. Slight edge there to Bowman, although when you include assists, Lofton had his best year last year.

Bowman in theory could be an injury risk, if you believe in injury-proneness. But Lofton is 2 years older, which might put him at higher risk of fade/burnout. Lofton has also played 7 full years (16 games every year), whereas Bowman has only played 4. Plenty of linebackers play 10+ years, so Lofton isn't necessarily about to burn out, but physical attrition is definitely a thing, especially for high-impact defense guys who hurl their bodies into their opponents on every down.

Bowman had 120 tackles in 2013 (he missed 2014), whereas Lofton only had 100 tackles last year. I think Bowman is going to get a ton of work on the niner's D this year, because he's basically one of their very small number of remaining standout stars. Lofton is a Raider, which means he'll get a ton of work this year if we assume the Raider's offense will continue to struggle to stay on the field.

Tiebreaker: Bowman has nine sacks in three years and Lofton has seven sacks in seven years. This is why scoring matters.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
10 teams in the league, 4 player bench, 1 IR spot.

Scoring:

code:
Each Sack (SK)	2		
Every 5 Total Tackles (TK5)	10
Blocked Punt, PAT or FG (BLKK)	5		
Each Interception (INT)	2
Each Fumble Recovered (FR)	2		
Each Fumble Forced (FF)	2
Each Safety (SF)	2		
Assisted Tackles (TKA)	0.5
Solo Tackles (TKS)	1
The next best available DL player based on 2014 averages is Kroy Biermann, averaged 10.1 a game last season. Derrick Morgan (TN, DE/LB) also stands out with some monster 20/30 point games.

Curtis Lofton and Paul Worrilow are available at the LB spot.

• Locked thread