Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

August 29th-30th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

loving hell. We need a banlist now.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

We needed Nekroz to get hit a LONG time ago but Konami is dumb. :F

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Dexie posted:

We needed Nekroz to get hit a LONG time ago but Konami is dumb. :F

Slur says they aren't that bad.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Burning Abyss and Infernoid slaughter nekroz.

EDIT: but they still kinda beat everything else :T

Koguma fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Sep 9, 2015

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The best way to face Nekroz is to play Tetsudo erat Numen in defense mode. It's a side in my Aquaactresses for a reason.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Senerio posted:

The best way to face Nekroz is to play Tetsudo erat Numen in defense mode. It's a side in my Aquaactresses for a reason.

A good Nekroz player would just use Dance Princess/Sorcerer/Clausolas + Decisive Armor to get around it...
Still, neat tech, and could stall them out for a bit if they used too many resources.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Julias posted:

A good Nekroz player would just use Dance Princess/Sorcerer/Clausolas + Decisive Armor to get around it...
Still, neat tech, and could stall them out for a bit if they used too many resources.

Doesn't work, Doesn't really do anything, not summoned from the extra deck, respectively.

If Tetsudo erat Numen is in face up defense mode, most Nekroz can't do anything about it, beyond spell/trap based destruction.

It's a continuous effect so it can't be negated, and it's a regular non-extra deck monster so Clausolas can't do anything about it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
a normal summoned Exa can technically get over it, but nobody really runs Exa, and I also run Mask of Restrict (which fucks over Nekroz just as hard) anyway.`

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
This has been the format since The Duelist Alliance/The Secret Forces were released. I honestly don't see anything changing in the future until Konami decide to act, or we suddenly adopt the (far superior) OCG banlist.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Senerio posted:

If Tetsudo erat Numen is in face up defense mode, most Nekroz can't do anything about it, beyond spell/trap based destruction.

But dance princess/sorc+decisive armor is 2600/2500
The most the turtle is going to be is 2100 after the set boost.

Senerio posted:

Mask of Restrict

Kaleidoscope says hi. NS manju, search kaleidoscope/unicore, make any R4 based removal, and search off arc light.

We can all play the magical christmas land game.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Lisandra_brave posted:

But dance princess/sorc+decisive armor is 2600/2500
The most the turtle is going to be is 2100 after the set boost.

I didn't think of the other part of Decisive armor, but I usually play multiple Sets. They stack.

quote:

Kaleidoscope says hi. NS manju, search kaleidoscope/unicore, make any R4 based removal, and search off arc light.

Then I guess the only way to face Nekroz is to literally play your entire hand every loving turn.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Senerio posted:

I didn't think of the other part of Decisive armor, but I usually play multiple Sets. They stack.

Then the turtle is 2400. Still ran over by princess and sorc.

As for the other part, yeah, trish is a thing. It's part of why nekroz is a good deck, alongside unicore.

Not to imply that mask of restrict isn't a good side card against nekroz. It forces them to play your way, instead of however they want.

Lisandra_brave fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Sep 9, 2015

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I mostly did this as a thought experiment to see if there's a way to prevent Nekroz without structuring your entire deck around preventing Nekroz, and there doesn't seem to be.

I mean, at least with Ttellarknights, you have ways to stop them from going off every turn.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Burning abyss isn't awful either, just need to tech in some Graveyard hate.

Shaddoll isn't as awful either. Don't need to make a full side deck designed to stop them, just maybe 3 or 4 cards. They're Dark, so Shadow Imprisoning Mirror is the way to go there.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Senerio posted:

Burning abyss isn't awful either, just need to tech in some Graveyard hate.

Shaddoll isn't as awful either. Don't need to make a full side deck designed to stop them, just maybe 3 or 4 cards. They're Dark, so Shadow Imprisoning Mirror is the way to go there.

Both of them get rekt pretty hard by Abyss dweller. Or, if you don't have R4 for some reason, Forbidden graveyard.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Lisandra_brave posted:

Then the turtle is 2400. Still ran over by princess and sorc.

As for the other part, yeah, trish is a thing. It's part of why nekroz is a good deck, alongside unicore.

Not to imply that mask of restrict isn't a good side card against nekroz. It forces them to play your way, instead of however they want.

Trish is the entire reason I structure my deck around getting rid of Nekroz every time I make a deck. Mask of Restrict, The Turtle is God, Prohibition (Either Kaleidoscope, Mirror or Trishula, depending on how I'm feeling), Mind Drain, Soul Drain.

Keep in mind that to prevent Nekroz from going off, you need Soul, Skill, AND Mind Drain, otherwise they'll have some way to get around it. And multiple copies of the latter two, or at the very least ways to get rid of them. Also make sure to play your entire hand otherwise they can just play Trish and banish your Drains without targeting them.

I just don't think it's healthy for a game to require you to structure your entire deck around a single archetype.

Lisandra_brave posted:

Both of them get rekt pretty hard by Abyss dweller. Or, if you don't have R4 for some reason, Forbidden graveyard.

Necrovalley also works for a bit.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Nekroz are the only deck I will unconditionally surrender against. Not only are they 100 times out of 100 going to beat my deck, whatever it may be, but they're no fun to play against, and their turns take forever. Or, well, turn. usually they've got me to the point where I can't do anything but surrender at the end of turn 1.

E: I just reread my posts on this page and I apologize. I wasn't actually seriously suggesting that The Turtle is God is a one man counter for Nekroz, even if it came off that way.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 9, 2015

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I once beat Nekroz 2-1 with Skull Servants.

The player was bad.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Senerio posted:

Nekroz are the only deck I will unconditionally surrender against. Not only are they 100 times out of 100 going to beat my deck, whatever it may be, but they're no fun to play against, and their turns take forever. Or, well, turn. usually they've got me to the point where I can't do anything but surrender at the end of turn 1.

E: I just reread my posts on this page and I apologize. I wasn't actually seriously suggesting that The Turtle is God is a one man counter for Nekroz, even if it came off that way.

Weren't we the two players who kept playing pendulums against the "no pendulum" players saying that they couldn't adapt to circumstance? I've never lost to a Nekroz player. Neither should you, especially with the OCG cards and power creep at your disposal.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It could be worse than Nekroz, though. It could be Inzektors, back when they shone. Turns took forever and a day. I was in a tag tournament using my Stall deck, and my teammate was randomly assigned as an Inzektor player.

Our first match took an hour, and when the guy put us in time, we were still on game one (victory by the effect of Final Countdown).

Our second duel we scooped after three turns. Our opponents were also an Inzektor player and I want to say a Six Sam player...

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Slur posted:

Weren't we the two players who kept playing pendulums against the "no pendulum" players saying that they couldn't adapt to circumstance? I've never lost to a Nekroz player. Neither should you, especially with the OCG cards and power creep at your disposal.

Oh gently caress off with that. Nekroz are a blight on the game.

Pendulums are balanced, and can be beaten with almost any summoning hate. Nekroz have disgusting searching ability and any Nekroz hand can, in the process of the turn become any other Nekroz hand.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Senerio posted:

It's a continuous effect so it can't be negated, and it's a regular non-extra deck monster so Clausolas can't do anything about it.

Continuous effects can be negated. Are you thinking of conditions?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dexie posted:

Continuous effects can be negated. Are you thinking of conditions?

No, I meant by the specific card. Dance Princess has an effect where she can negate an opponent's monster's effect when it activates. I misread what Lisandra meant.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
I haven't had a problem with Nekroz since Djinn got hit, might just be getting bad players online though. Mostly been playing Trains, Majispecters, and Qli (Towers Turbo) if that explains anything.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Djinn getting hit was a good thing, and it did kill a ton of my complaints about them, but I still would rather never see them again.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Reposting for anyone that doesn't think Nekroz are an issue.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Imagine how it would look like if Djinn was still a thing. There'd be only one bar. Maybe two if a shaddoll/BA deck got lucky.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Dexie posted:

It's really easy to do well with them, yea. I just don't want them to get taken out behind the shed like Dragon Rulers or Spellbooks, which is what'll probably happen.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'd rather they get put out to pasture, honestly. Bring in the next disgustingly crazy archetype.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

Most of the thread has been whining about the meta lately. Can we change this to something like actual news in the game?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Sure, Burning Abyss is getting some Korean support. Well.. Fiends in General

魔サイの戦士 Ma Sai no Senshi (Fiendish Rhino Warrior)
Level 3 EARTH Fiend-Type Effect Monster
ATK 1400
DEF 900
(1) Fiend-Type monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects, except “Fiendish Rhino Warrior”.
(2) If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can send 1 Fiend-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, except “Fiendish Rhino Warrior”. You can only use this effect of “Fiendish Rhino Warrior” once per turn.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Generic Octopus posted:

It's really easy to do well with them, yea. I just don't want them to get taken out behind the shed like Dragon Rulers or Spellbooks, which is what'll probably happen.

Spellbooks were terribly designed from the start though, which honestly pains me to admit because I really really really wanted them to be good without having to rely on a single broken spell. :/

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Onmi posted:

(Fiendish Rhino Warrior)
Level 3 EARTH Fiend-Type Effect Monster
(2) If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can send 1 Fiend-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, except “Fiendish Rhino Warrior”. You can only use this effect of “Fiendish Rhino Warrior” once per turn.

Well this card is BA in all but name.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I am sad that spirit beast isn't doing better :(

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Rhino would be amazing for Archfiends if Tour Guide wasn't at 1. :/

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dexie posted:

Rhino would be amazing for Archfiends if Tour Guide wasn't at 1. :/

Tour guide will never get un-limited.
Tour guide -> Rhino -> Dante -> mill 3 -> throw Graff/Scarm

Bam BA has just got a guaranteed start off on a single card.
Which can be searched by scarm.

Yup. Never un-limited.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I know that. I know that and I hate it. :sigh:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh this leads me to something.
So you made a dante using rhino and whatever.
You activate Dante by using Rhino.
What activates first now, rhinos effect or Dantes?

Or is there some quantum state where Rhino is in the graveyard but not actually theee yet for effect purposes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dante, then Rhino chains.

• Locked thread