Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

quote:

The UK chancellor, George Osborne, has said that boosting aid for the refugee crisis is “why people like me and my colleagues are in government”. Osborne was speaking as he received an award for politician of the year at the GQ Men of the Year awards from Bob Geldof, who had questioned the decision of the UK government to take 20,000 refugees over five years, saying: “You could probably do a lot better on that issue.”

Jack the Lad fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Sep 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I've reluctantly reached the unavoidable conclusion that Monster Munch are trash as there's only like 5 of them in each bag.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Oberleutnant posted:

I've reluctantly reached the unavoidable conclusion that Monster Munch are trash as there's only like 5 of them in each bag.

Welcome to the truth. Monster Munch are not Correct. Tortilla chips are Correct.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Jack the Lad posted:

GQ wanking off George Osbourne

I'm sure GQ have given Osbourne stuff like that before. Like 'Man of the Year' kind of thing. Someone who knows him from his Eton days kind of thing? I find it impossible to think Osbourne is that impressive.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

J_RBG posted:

I'm sure GQ have given Osbourne stuff like that before. Like 'Man of the Year' kind of thing. Someone who knows him from his Eton days kind of thing? I find it impossible to think Osbourne is that impressive.

He's the sharpest politician in the front row tory party by a very, very long way.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Oberleutnant posted:

No actually it's the inevitable push of the neoliberal marketplace that's trash. See also the price of Freddos.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

J_RBG posted:

As far as I can tell Boris Johnson and Osborne have both won it three times, while Cameron and Blair have won it once each.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Spangly A posted:

He's the sharpest politician in the front row tory party by a very, very long way.
I still disagree at this point, most people think he's an oily little prick. Although among Tory voters he's seen as as a good chancellor. It's big David that handles the press and the politicking the best. Even amongst IDS, Gove and to some extent Theresa May being jokes, that doesn't seem to tarnish Cameron in the public's eyes.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

(e: Didn't Stormont ban Pepsi and Sprite from their cafeteria due to being red and blue/solid green respectively? What's their position on this Tayto travesty?)

Weren't the people who got pulled also posting on sites that people care about (Twitter) under the same handle?

Whenever people write "stormont" I read it as "stormfront".

And I dunno, I would assume there'd be some google detectiving involved as I doubt there's MI5 agents embedded in the moderation team but certainly the thread is or was being watched.

By the way GCHQ I am completely willing to stop making full communism jokes (or make more, if that would help with my cover) if you will pay me to browse SA all day.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Talking of not salting shake n salt crisps, I'm sure many people have taken ready salted crisps and liberally sprinkled some Sarsons in and created their own super vinegary salt & vinegar crisps!

Not too much though because they get soggy really quickly.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Just made me think of

:(

Not many dogs get to spend the rest of eternity whizzing around the planet in a silver mausoleum. Laika is a Good Dog.

Also seabrooks are my favorite crisp but I quite like walkers too, the flavour powder is quite refined on walkers I think.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I thought it turned out that guy that claimed he got a visit from the police after posting here about waterbombing the olypmic torch was actually posting the same poo poo on Twitter and Facebook?

We're probably not being watched. Most (all?) of us are white!

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Guavanaut posted:

A proper dog, constructed by Eastern Bloc science for genetic fitness and undoing the bottleneck of pedigree.

Looks halfway between an Alsatian and a Malamute. I want one!

Tesseraction posted:

(Also that dog is the same one that your puppy grows up to be in MGS5 isn't it?)

D-dog is literally a wolf. Because giving it an eyepatch wasn't anime enough.

OwlFancier posted:

Not many dogs get to spend the rest of eternity whizzing around the planet in a silver mausoleum. Laika is a Good Dog.

Let me tell you about orbital decay: Laika's satellite burned up in the atmosphere on April 14th 1958.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Sep 9, 2015

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

She was cooked alive because they were in such a rush to get the "first animal in orbit" trophy, their shoddily made life support system malfunctioned. Also, de-orbited after 5 months and burned up in the atmosphere.

Laika might have been a Good Dog, but she died frying like the last stray in North Korea. Soz to piss on your cornflakes comrade.

Venmoch
Jan 7, 2007

Either you pay me or I flay you alive... With my mind!

Renaissance Robot posted:

Laika's satellite burned up in the atmosphere on April 14th 1958.

The most viking of viking funerals.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

It was the cooking alive and the subsequent coverup that was pretty bad though. Even the Soviet scientists had misgivings along the lines of "we built the most expensive dog killing machine in history and didn't even learn much that we couldn't by putting a dog in an oven." (efb)

Quote-Unquote posted:

I thought it turned out that guy that claimed he got a visit from the police after posting here about waterbombing the olypmic torch was actually posting the same poo poo on Twitter and Facebook?
That's my understanding of it. Twitter especially. Police don't seem to 'get' Twitter jokes, but probably don't care about jokes on a 90s comedy forum.

Quote-Unquote posted:

We're probably not being watched. Most (all?) of us are white!
Not all. But most of us are lefties of some sort though, which seems to get more attention than the opposite extreme. You can incite gassing immigrants in a major newspaper and face only popular outrage, not judicial, but I bet if you said something similar about royals/troops/plastic flowers you'd get more attention.

e:

Looks halfway between an Alsatian and a Malamute. I want one!
It's a precise Alsatian/Carpathian wolf cross. F3 or lower wolfdogs (any descended from the 1955 Czechoslovakian wolfdog program) are okay to own in the UK. Others may be classed as wild animals.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Sep 9, 2015

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

D-dog is literally a wolf. Because giving it an eyepatch wasn't anime enough.
Wasn't it just part wolf, or probably has a little bit of wolf?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Let me tell you about orbital decay: Laika's satellite burned up in the atmosphere on April 14th 1958.

Aww, well shite. I thought it was in a more stable orbit than that.

Also yes it would be preferable not to cook dogs alive but I might be willing to be cooked alive if I got to go to space in the process.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Oberleutnant posted:

Wasn't it just part wolf, or probably has a little bit of wolf?

That's Ocelot being coy. He's got "some" wolf in him, and also the rest of him is wolf as well.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
All I know is he does somersaults onto PF soldiers and slits their throats with a knife held in his mouth, and also sniffs out plants and tanks for me like a Good Dog. :3:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
D-dog is proof that even perfect things (dogs) can be made more perfect via anime. Embrace the future.

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009
There's soldiers on base who argue as to whether D-Dog is a wolf or dog. It's like asking whether Goofy is a dog or a horse.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Chocolate Teapot posted:

There's soldiers on base who argue as to whether D-Dog is a wolf or dog. It's like asking whether Goofy is a dog or a horse.

Who the gently caress thinks Goofy is a horse?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
They also get weird about touching D-dogs little puppy paw pads :3:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Does D-Dog grow up? I've been too busy doing side-ops to even meet Quiet yet.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Yeah, you can take hi on missions and he sniffs out baddies for you in a wide radius. You can also get him to bark to attract guards so you can beat them up, or send him to attack them directly. He's a very good boy.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Oh you're talking about video games again aren't you. Cool.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
You can buy him little doggy sneaking suits too :3:

Pissflaps posted:

Oh you're talking about video games again aren't you. Cool.
I knew you'd be in here throwing a squinny as soon as we started taking about games!

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I swear to god I will fight anyone who talks smack about mgs

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

Does D-Dog grow up? I've been too busy doing side-ops to even meet Quiet yet.

You have to do a certain number of missions first, I think two of missions 7-9?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I'll donate £20 to Syrian refugees if we can have a week without posts about crisps or computer games.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Noxville posted:

You have to do a certain number of missions first, I think two of missions 7-9?

Cool. When does Quiet turn up? Same time?

I need someone to snipe at my gripes.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hoops posted:

I'll donate £20 to Syrian refugees if we can have a week without posts about crisps or computer games.

You aren't donating already?

Also MGS5 is the truest glory of the MMMK Path.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hoops posted:

loving Tory.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

Cool. When does Quiet turn up? Same time?

I need someone to snipe at my gripes.

At a certain point you'll get a briefing that she's murdering dudes in Afghanistan; after that she should pop up at the ruins next time you pass by.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Nice. I heard the Soviets discussing a naked woman ruining their poo poo but that's often being discussed even when I didn't yet have a interpreter.

And for all of those complaining about video game chat, Tom Watson wants a word with you.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Jedit posted:

loving Tory.
They're really boring to read.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Much like your posting.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

Much like your posting.

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Regarde Aduck posted:

They also get weird about touching D-dogs little puppy paw pads :3:

Is this a Japanese thing? I've seen other animes sperg out about paw pads, but it's not something I've ever heard a real person mention, at least not in the same OMFG PAWPADS :swoon: way.

• Locked thread